Notices
'10-14 Interior and Audio Place to discuss 2010-2014 interior and audio type modifications.

'13-14 Cluster into '10-12 car (with TrackApps) retrofit

Search this Thread

Old 5/24/14, 01:23 AM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dan, I can't thank you enough for all your help. I believe that we tried a lot of possible combinations and nothing worked. I thought we had it the one time the lights went out just before it finished programming the abs module, but no luck. I'm glad that the PCM flashed over and I don't need the black box. Now I need to get a tune update to use my car. Thank god for having two cars. I believe we are at a stand still until I get the new module LEX ordered to see if it truly is the module. I will post my results.
Old 5/24/14, 06:13 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Here is post where I got mine done. I did use 2013 VIN.

https://themustangsource.com/f803/13...14651/index41/
Old 5/24/14, 06:17 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts
Originally Posted by dmhines
Just spent 2 hours on phone .. and NO GO. We PMI with His VIN. PMI with 2013 VIN. Change VIN in PCM to match VIN used for 2013 PMI .. still software mismatch error.

So Jim and I were able to do PMI and it worked. We went from a 5.0 to a 5.0 .

Lex is having problems .. but he is going from 4.6 to 5.0.
BES is having problems .. but he is going from a 5.4 to a 5.8.

Not sure if changing engine has anything to do with it.

And I put a used ABS module in my car and it worked fine. Jim put a new ABS module in his car and it worked fine.
He has my ABS module. That explains it.
BES was able to flash his PCM to 5.8, so that should have solved that problem. 3.7,5.0&5.8 ABS modules are all the same.
I am 100% sure that module is bad.
LEXiiON

Last edited by LEXiiON; 5/24/14 at 06:20 AM.
Old 5/24/14, 06:27 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Oh. He said this was a different module you never tried in your car yet.
Old 5/24/14, 06:50 AM
Mach 1 Member

No that's the one I tried in my car. It didn't work, as you all know and I blamed it on the 4.6... Well...
Old 5/24/14, 11:49 AM
V6 Member

My bad, I guess I misunderstood what he said. I remember LEX saying that he had a bad module, but got a replacement from the eBay seller he got it from. I Though hadn't tired it. I guess will know for sure once I get the new module and install it per your original post on page 41.
Old 5/24/14, 12:05 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by BlueEyedSnake
My bad, I guess I misunderstood what he said. I remember LEX saying that he had a bad module, but got a replacement from the eBay seller he got it from. I Though hadn't tired it. I guess will know for sure once I get the new module and install it per your original post on page 41.
That is correct, but I also tried the replacement module... As I said, I blamed it on the 4.6...

Well, will be an interesting session next week with zeroaviation...

LEXiiON
Old 5/24/14, 12:10 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
Just spent 2 hours on phone .. and NO GO. We PMI with His VIN. PMI with 2013 VIN. Change VIN in PCM to match VIN used for 2013 PMI .. still software mismatch error.

So Jim and I were able to do PMI and it worked. We went from a 5.0 to a 5.0 .

Lex is having problems .. but he is going from 4.6 to 5.0.
BES is having problems .. but he is going from a 5.4 to a 5.8.

Not sure if changing engine has anything to do with it.

And I put a used ABS module in my car and it worked fine. Jim put a new ABS module in his car and it worked fine.
I'm trying to look into this further, just gotta find time....

I recovered BES's ABS module. It was indeed blanked, but was easy to recover.

BES, we can update your calibration for the engine difference.

I will be slow replying to anything this weekend.

Cheers,
-Matt
Old 5/24/14, 12:35 PM
V6 Member

Smile

I did a Module PMI for the ABS module. When IDS showed my VIN and asked if correct I replied no. I manually keyed in a 2013 car VIN .. same one I used for my AS-BUILT for the cluster install.

IDS then asked if I had the original module. I said NO. IDS then downloaded the calibration file from the internet. IDS flashed the ABS module and that was that.

IDS did give me a warning that the VIN in my PCM was incorrect ... but that was because I had manually typed in a different VIN for the ABS module.

Maybe I also need to flash my IPC with the same VIN like you did. I know I haven't tired this yet. What is weird is that you got the same VIN mismatch message that I got, but your lights went away. This thing is like The DaVinci Code.....
Old 5/24/14, 01:08 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by zeroaviation
I'm trying to look into this further, just gotta find time....

I recovered BES's ABS module. It was indeed blanked, but was easy to recover.

BES, we can update your calibration for the engine difference.

I will be slow replying to anything this weekend.

Cheers,
-Matt
It would be awesome if you could Cause my car is lean and I'm not driving it right now. My list of mods is in my signature for your reference. Can you also up the timing? I'll check and see how much timing I was running before I flashed my PCM. Let me know if I have to datalog my car or anything for you to write the calibration. Thanks Matt.
Old 5/24/14, 07:20 PM

headlight switch - 10 available. new take offs, $25 each.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2011-2014-FORD-MUSTANG-ROUSH-HEADLAMP-SWITCH-FOG-LIGHT-OEM-/290983595528?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&vxp=mtr&hash=item43bff94e08
Old 5/24/14, 07:41 PM
V6 Member

Good find, but you need the piece of plastic that goes under that where the info, reset and setup buttons are at.
Old 5/24/14, 08:59 PM
V6 Member

As I said before, bane of my existence! D:

Originally Posted by BlueEyedSnake
Good find, but you need the piece of plastic that goes under that where the info, reset and setup buttons are at.
Old 5/25/14, 07:57 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by COYOTEHP
Does anyone know if the 13 cluster with track apps will work in our 11-12 gt's?
I just realized we never actually answered your question.

Yes.

-Matt
Old 5/25/14, 08:54 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally Posted by zeroaviation
I just realized we never actually answered your question.

Yes.

-Matt
LOL .. good one!
Old 5/25/14, 09:13 PM
Mach 1 Member

LOL .. good one!
Nice catch ...LOL
Old 5/25/14, 10:54 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 41 Likes on 36 Posts
Originally Posted by jim010
OK, update. It is going to work, but it is not plug and play.

Automatic owners of 2011/12 cars will need to get the 2013/14 sport shift ****. You do NOT need the entire shift box (luckily, I got mine for cheap anyway).

You will also need a male and female connector C307 to plug all the wires into. You will also need female pins to put into connector C175B on the PCM.

I have just ordered the male C307 connector. I will get it in about a week. Full write up in the other thread when I have it totally done next week.

This does add sport shift.
I am finally done with this mod. The connector arrived last week, but I had little time to do this.

Thanks to Lex for getting the the info on how to route wires from the cabin to the PCM. It wasn`t too bad, but pushing wires through those grommets are a real pain.

This is NOT plug and play. I recommend that automatic owners use the black box from Redline Chips instead. This way you don`t have to worry abut flashing the PCM and getting the DTCs everytime you manually put the car into gear.

All that is needed is the 2013 shifter. The shifter bezel is optional (I used it since I bought the entire shifter assembly anyway). You don`t need it, but you won`t be able to use 1, 2, 3 without throwing a DTC. I had to make a block and screw it into place to prevent selection of those gears manually using the shifter.

Next I needed the connectors for C307 both male and female. The current wires going into those connectors use larger pins, so I had to change them all out to smaller pins.

Once the wiring was routed to the PCM, I had to add pins to slots 23 and 24 in C175B (The bottom of the 3 connectors in the PCM). The third wire I tapped into the wire going to pin 56.

And voila - I have sport shift.

All done!!!

... unless Matt can get the Track Key to work.

Last edited by jim010; 5/26/14 at 03:31 PM.
Old 5/26/14, 05:09 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Congrats Jim. In sure glad my car is a manual.
Old 5/26/14, 01:47 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by jim010
I am finally done with this mod. The connector arrived last week, but I had little time to do this.

Thanks to Lex for getting the the info on how to route wires from the cabin to the PCM. It wasn`t too bad, but pushing wires through those grommets are a real pain.

This is NOT plug and play. I recommend that automatic owners use the black box from Redline Tuners instead. This way you don`t have to worry abut flashing the PCM and getting the DTCs everytime you manually put the car into gear.

All that is needed is the 2013 shifter. The shifter bezel is optional (I used it since I bought the entire shifter assembly anyway). You don`t need it, but you won`t be able to use 1, 2, 3 without throwing a DTC. I had to make a block and screw it into place to prevent selection of those gears manually using the shifter.

Next I needed the connectors for C307 both male and female. The current wires going into those connectors use larger pins, so I had to change them all out to smaller pins.

Once the wiring was routed to the PCM, I had to add pins to slots 23 and 24 in C175B (The bottom of the 3 connectors in the PCM). The third wire I tapped into the wire going to pin 56.

And voila - I have sport shift.

All done!!!

... unless Matt can get the Track Key to work.
Congrats !!!! I wish I could say the same hopefully, soon

LEXiiON
Old 5/27/14, 10:12 AM
V6 Member

I know the GT500's have it, but is there any way to add Launch Control to the Track App cluster? I'd rather not have to install this like this: http://www.npcompleteperformance.com/wotbox if I don't have to and just integrate everything in the cluster.

Quick Reply: '13-14 Cluster into '10-12 car (with TrackApps) retrofit