Notices
'10-14 Interior and Audio Place to discuss 2010-2014 interior and audio type modifications.

'13-14 Cluster into '10-12 car (with TrackApps) retrofit

Search this Thread

Old 5/12/14, 08:11 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts
Couple of findings:

The Steering wheel position switch doesn't make a difference.

I doubt that the 2013 ABS module will work without EPAS. It relies on the steering wheel data from the CAN bus for stability control.

If I could only find out what the cause for that software error is. EPAS is fixable...

LEXiiON
Old 5/13/14, 09:56 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wow guys, this spirit of modification matches my own. To hell with those that say "Why?" cause I **** well want to, that's why!
Old 5/13/14, 04:55 PM
V6 Member

I'm trying to does this right now. I already installed the ABS module, no as built data has been loaded yet as I have no idea what to do (I have a VCM II). New modified switch has been installed, Black box has also been installed. I am at a stand still since I'm a little short on knowledge here. Thanks in advance for any help.

2013 GT500 cluster in a 2011 GT500 by the way.
Old 5/13/14, 05:58 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by BlueEyedSnake
I'm trying to does this right now. I already installed the ABS module, no as built data has been loaded yet as I have no idea what to do (I have a VCM II). New modified switch has been installed, Black box has also been installed. I am at a stand still since I'm a little short on knowledge here. Thanks in advance for any help.

Do a PMI on the ABS Module with IDS and the VCM. That should do it
Old 5/13/14, 07:57 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by LEXiiON
Do a PMI on the ABS Module with IDS and the VCM. That should do it
I go to program module (in IDS) and hit the next arrow and there's nothing there as if there are no options or data base. I have what I assume to be the as built data from. That website that you replace the VIN of the vehicle how's as built you want. I've yet to run the wires from the location of the old INFO, SETUP and RESET location. To make the modified switch work that I got from Zero. I see people say input the as built data by hand and I don't get it.

Last edited by BlueEyedSnake; 5/13/14 at 08:00 PM.
Old 5/13/14, 08:48 PM
Mach 1 Member

I go to program module (in IDS) and hit the next arrow and there's nothing there as if there are no options or data base. I have what I assume to be the as built data from. That website that you replace the VIN of the vehicle how's as built you want. I've yet to run the wires from the location of the old INFO, SETUP and RESET location. To make the modified switch work that I got from Zero. I see people say input the as built data by hand and I don't get it.
You first need to go into module programming. There is an option called program module initialization. Dmhines described the steps a couple of pages earlier. You put in your vin and tell IDS that you don't have your old module anymore. It will download the right calibration from the web and program the ABS to work in your car. The as build is done in this step.

You should see a Menu under Module Programming. If not, make sure, you applied the correct patch. Under Windows 7 you need to run the patch as administrator.

LEXiiON

Last edited by LEXiiON; 5/13/14 at 08:53 PM.
Old 5/13/14, 09:31 PM
V6 Member

Can you pm me what patch you used (just the name of it)? My Dvd came with a few patch options and I awesome I installed the right one. I was able to reprogram my keys to the new cluster. Obviously I have a flashing abs and traction control light flashing like crazy.
It's torture being so dame close. I can see LC (Lunch Control) and the little steering wheel on the cluster and I'm ready to start messing with the track apps and other options.

Last edited by BlueEyedSnake; 5/13/14 at 09:41 PM.
Old 5/13/14, 09:32 PM
V6 Member

By the way there is no menu under program modules. Fml, I might need to reinstall the while thing.
Old 5/13/14, 09:58 PM
Mach 1 Member

By the way there is no menu under program modules. Fml, I might need to reinstall the while thing.
I will PM you.

LEXiiON
Old 5/13/14, 10:10 PM
Mach 1 Member

I will PM you.

LEXiiON
Question: does the black box display IAT and AFR on your cluster?
Thanks,
LEXiiON
Old 5/14/14, 07:04 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
Ok. done some more reading on this. The 2011+ EPAS has the Steering wheel position switch build in and delivers the information through the HS-CAN.

Matt: Could it be, that the 2013 ABS module gets a signal on Pin 12/34/37 and spits that incompatible software message (as it shouldn't get anything on those PINs)?
I would think, if the steering wheel position is missing on the HS-CAN, that it would throw a fault, rather than incompatible software.

Thoughts?

LEXiiON
Yea, it would be a fault. I think the problem is the difference of firmware in the PCM and what the ABS module expects. Is the Incompatible software message throwing a CEL?

Btw, i am really thinking about retrofitting the EPAS. The biggest difficulty is to find a proper FEAD belt, without the hydraulic power steering pump. Connections are very easy: Power/Ground from the battery (i think i read like 100A), HS+-CAN and power at run...

Once i found a proper length FEAD belt, i might do this. As i have the 2013 cluster, i can actually use it in the different modes.

LEXiiON
That would be super cool! We should swap you over to copperhead firmware too

Did you guys get this sorted out?

You will also have to load 2013 asbuilt into the SJB. As it triggers the trackapps menu.
Old 5/14/14, 07:16 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by zeroaviation
Yea, it would be a fault. I think the problem is the difference of firmware in the PCM and what the ABS module expects. Is the Incompatible software message throwing a CEL?

That would be super cool! We should swap you over to copperhead firmware too

Did you guys get this sorted out?

You will also have to load 2013 asbuilt into the SJB. As it triggers the trackapps menu.
No it is not throwing a CEL... Only ABS and TC icons blinking like crazy + Service Advance-track message. TrackApps only works when I read and clear DTC's.. We can check that once I am in KC.

Does the Copperhead FW actually work on my PCM? That would be absolutely cool...

I am still working in the EPAS swap. I inquired on the necessary cables, and will measure the FEAD this weekend. I am wondering if the PS delete from Metco for a GT500 will actually bolt on my engine, too? That would eliminate the FEAD issue...

LEXiiON
Old 5/14/14, 09:49 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 49 Likes on 43 Posts
Did you get it figured out? I saw you called last night. I am gone today and back on Monday in case you call again.
Old 5/14/14, 11:34 AM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by zeroaviation
You will also have to load 2013 asbuilt into the SJB. As it triggers the trackapps menu
I'll be at the shop in an hour or two, I still have to rewire the wires for the switch to work that you sent me which has been installed along with the 2013 ABS module, Black box and PATS is done. The car starts perfect and track apps shows up on the cluster, I just can't manipulate the menu cause my switch isn't wired yet. I've yet to load any as built data into anything. From talking to Lex, I might have loaded the wrong driver cause I have no menu under Program Modules in IDS. I might need to get with you on the phone later Zero if I'm still stuck if you have a free moment later today. I've taken plenty of picture to redo an install thread.
Old 5/14/14, 08:15 PM
V6 Member

I'm using Jim010 directions to wire the switch from the other sticky thread and I don't have the same empty slots as he states. On the clock spring dashboard side slot #3 is taken on connector C2274A, but 1, 5, 7, 13 and 14 are open. On the steering wheel side #6 (connector C2274B) is open, but #2 (C2998) on the left steering wheel switch is taken (it runs into pin #9 on the clock spring steering wheel side). 1,3,4, 5, 9, and 10 are open on C2998.
Any ideas anyone? Thanks.
Old 5/14/14, 09:07 PM
Mach 1 Member

I'm using Jim010 directions to wire the switch from the other sticky thread and I don't have the same empty slots as he states. On the clock spring dashboard side slot #3 is taken on connector C2274A, but 1, 5, 7, 13 and 14 are open. On the steering wheel side #6 (connector C2274B) is open, but #2 (C2998) on the left steering wheel switch is taken (it runs into pin #9 on the clock spring steering wheel side). 1,3,4, 5, 9, and 10 are open on C2998.
Any ideas anyone? Thanks.
As mentioned somewhere in Jim's description, you need to move Pin 2 (C2998) on the switch into pin 1..
LEXiiON

Last edited by LEXiiON; 5/14/14 at 09:11 PM.
Old 5/14/14, 09:16 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
I took the easy way out and bought a salvage 2013 steering wheel. No rewiring
Old 5/14/14, 09:27 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by dmhines
I took the easy way out and bought a salvage 2013 steering wheel. No rewiring
****, there is one on eBay too.
Old 5/14/14, 11:20 PM
V6 Member

Question: does the black box display IAT and AFR on your cluster?
Thanks,
LEXiiON
I have no idea yet, but will let you know when I get this switch thing figured out.
Old 5/15/14, 05:41 AM
V6 Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I did the GT500 2014(Cobra logo ) into a GT 2014 as mentioned on a used one only PATS and Parameter Reset to get it to work.

The thing is the SVT logo does not stay on, I know it works using the launch control feature and engineering mode. An on the variable redline it stays red never yellow or off, looks like I will have to put some electrical tape from behind the face.

Also was wondering if anybody had the electrical diagrams for the 2013-14 GT500s since the clusters have an additional plug and was wondering what it is for.

Quick Reply: '13-14 Cluster into '10-12 car (with TrackApps) retrofit