Notices
'10-14 Interior and Audio Place to discuss 2010-2014 interior and audio type modifications.

'13-14 Cluster into '10-12 car (with TrackApps) retrofit

Search this Thread

Old 1/31/14, 03:02 PM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by jim010
I had the same issues as dmhines. Initially, the traction control off light was not lit until I manually shut it off. Then it stayed off despite trying to turn traction back on.

I had the tech input as built data but this did nothing. He then tried to calibrate, but error message came up and could not calibrate. We then tried inputing VIN of 2013 car, but this wouldn't work. Finally we just tried inputting the programming for my 2012 into the module, and this bricked it.

I put the old module back in, and everything is back to normal.
So what exactly is working on your gauges? I just bought a 2011 mustang gt/cs tuesday with 20,000 miles and this will be one of my first mods. Track apps isn't that big of a deal for me I mainly want the screen lol. Oh and you guys have done some awesome work!
Old 1/31/14, 03:18 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 40 Likes on 35 Posts
Track Apps and the LCD guages will not work (except voltmeter - that works).

Cruise is all mixed up.

Everything else is fine. No issues.

Last edited by jim010; 1/31/14 at 06:35 PM.
Old 2/1/14, 08:31 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Here is my PCM sticker ... and ABS module side by side.

Last edited by dmhines; 2/1/14 at 08:53 AM.
Old 2/1/14, 12:48 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by dmhines
Here is my PCM sticker ... and ABS module side by side.
Excellent. Now, notice that the part number (BR3A) is almost exactly the same between the two modules. (Engineering version is only difference)

More research to be done. I'm going to see if there is an easy way to change the VID (Vehicle Identification Block) without sending you any major hardware.

-Matt
Old 2/1/14, 12:50 PM
Mach 1 Member

@ajpturbo

Where are you from?

---
Does anyone have a spare PCM to donate for the cause? Also if someone is serious about buying a VCM let me know, I can get you a good price for a genuine unit. This would help us along.
Old 2/1/14, 12:53 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

I have read the Chinese VCM II devices are working well compared to the original vcm clones. do you have an IDS license? I know the Rotunda vcm is pricey.
Old 2/1/14, 01:18 PM

Alright so maybe I missed it, but whats involved with installing and making 2014 premium gauges work in a 2014 base manual brembo car? Is it as easy as getting the gauges and doing the install, then taking the car in for Ford to reprogram them? Also I assume I would need to get the buttons for the steering wheel so I can go through the track apps? Is that it or am I dreaming?? lol Please help for the simpler folks.

Last edited by ZXMustang2; 2/1/14 at 01:19 PM.
Old 2/1/14, 02:28 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by dmhines
I have read the Chinese VCM II devices are working well compared to the original vcm clones. do you have an IDS license? I know the Rotunda vcm is pricey.
I have a IDS lic by default I'll send you a PM shortly.

Originally Posted by ZXMustang2
Alright so maybe I missed it, but whats involved with installing and making 2014 premium gauges work in a 2014 base manual brembo car? Is it as easy as getting the gauges and doing the install, then taking the car in for Ford to reprogram them? Also I assume I would need to get the buttons for the steering wheel so I can go through the track apps? Is that it or am I dreaming?? lol Please help for the simpler folks.
You need the ABS module, then ford to do PATS, then steering wheel switch. Its pretty straight forward.

-Matt
Old 2/1/14, 04:38 PM

Originally Posted by zeroaviation
I have a IDS lic by default I'll send you a PM shortly.

You need the ABS module, then ford to do PATS, then steering wheel switch. Its pretty straight forward.

-Matt
I need the ABS module from a 2014 premium brembo manual car then even though I have a base 2014 brembo car already? Also the new steering wheel controls should just plug into where the stockers are already right? Just wanted to clarify.

Can someone make a parts list for the various year cars and brembo/non brembo. That would make for an awesome sticky.
Old 2/2/14, 12:11 AM
GT Member

@ajpturbo

Where are you from?

---
Does anyone have a spare PCM to donate for the cause? Also if someone is serious about buying a VCM let me know, I can get you a good price for a genuine unit. This would help us along.

Zero, I'm from Pittsburgh, Pa. I was emailing you and instant messaging you a couple of weeks ago then I had to go to work and we got cut short.

I want to buy a VCM tool and almost did. I was cool with buying a license but saw the paragraph on motorcraft service site where it said some 13+ cars you need to register with nafta for the ability to do the PATS stuff. I called ford and nafta and asked if a 14' mustang is one of the cars that they call "some" fords and they didn't know.

Also the nafta people told me that you have to be a dealer or company to be able to register, it's not just a matter of buying the license so I'm glad I didn't just go ahead and buy the scan tool.

I'll send you a pm.
Old 2/2/14, 12:20 AM
GT Member

Excellent. Now, notice that the part number (BR3A) is almost exactly the same between the two modules. (Engineering version is only difference)

More research to be done. I'm going to see if there is an easy way to change the VID (Vehicle Identification Block) without sending you any major hardware.

-Matt

There are parameters and scalars in SCT software for the VID block info...Sometimes that is where I change my revs/mile for different tire sizes.
Old 2/2/14, 11:03 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by ZXMustang2
I need the ABS module from a 2014 premium brembo manual car then even though I have a base 2014 brembo car already? Also the new steering wheel controls should just plug into where the stockers are already right? Just wanted to clarify.

Can someone make a parts list for the various year cars and brembo/non brembo. That would make for an awesome sticky.

Well, there is a 50/50 chance you currently have the correct one. Do you have a Scantool(ELM Based)? Or can you see the part # on your current module? Post it up if you can and I'll let you know.

The steering wheel control should be plug and play

Originally Posted by ajpturbo
Zero, I'm from Pittsburgh, Pa. I was emailing you and instant messaging you a couple of weeks ago then I had to go to work and we got cut short.

I want to buy a VCM tool and almost did. I was cool with buying a license but saw the paragraph on motorcraft service site where it said some 13+ cars you need to register with nafta for the ability to do the PATS stuff. I called ford and nafta and asked if a 14' mustang is one of the cars that they call "some" fords and they didn't know.

Also the nafta people told me that you have to be a dealer or company to be able to register, it's not just a matter of buying the license so I'm glad I didn't just go ahead and buy the scan tool.

I'll send you a pm.
You can do pats up to 15MY without issue using a VCM and IDS. The IDS lic is super expensive. (More than the VCM itself I think). The only thing that IDS/dealers cannot do is adjust the milage.

There are parameters and scalars in SCT software for the VID block info...Sometimes that is where I change my revs/mile for different tire sizes.
Correct. revs/mile and tire size is stored in the VID block. The IDS software works of the VIN number stored in this block.

-Matt
Old 2/2/14, 11:21 AM
GT Member

Well it didn't seem that bad if you buy the 72 hour or 1 month licence for IDS.

So the 13 and on mustangs don't need to have the license with nafta?
Old 2/2/14, 12:28 PM
Mach 1 Member

Well it didn't seem that bad if you buy the 72 hour or 1 month licence for IDS.

So the 13 and on mustangs don't need to have the license with nafta?
No, they do not.

Remember that the IPC stores PATS information. And most of us have used the 13/14 IPC in our 11/12 cars and did PATS without issue

-Matt

Last edited by zeroaviation; 2/2/14 at 12:59 PM.
Old 2/2/14, 12:52 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

I just read that you only need NASTF membership if you have NO KEY at all and want Ford to send you the Key Information based on the VIN number. You already have keys so no NASTF membership required to do PATS.
Old 2/2/14, 02:43 PM
Mach 1 Member

I need an ECU to start tinkering with. Anyone wanna donate and help me buy this one?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/350977058621...84.m1423.l2649

I could also use an old ABS module and Instrument Cluster (to borrow).

-Matt
Old 2/2/14, 02:48 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

I'll donate $33. I assume you will need a 2013 ABS module?
Old 2/2/14, 03:06 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 40 Likes on 35 Posts
I'll donate as well $33. Paypal?

Also, I can donate my 2013 abs module. Or is it no good after we tried inputting 2012 programming?

Last edited by jim010; 2/2/14 at 03:11 PM.
Old 2/4/14, 07:36 AM
GT Member

I just bought one of the VCM II Chinese scan tools lol....I hope I don't regret it and it works for the PATS programming
Old 2/4/14, 07:44 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

I just bought one of the VCM II Chinese scan tools lol....I hope I don't regret it and it works for the PATS programming
I bought one too ... ordered it from aliexpress.com.

Quick Reply: '13-14 Cluster into '10-12 car (with TrackApps) retrofit