5.0L GT Modifications Placeholder for future motor based GT's modifications.

Trackey for manual 2014 GT's manufactured after 7/1/2013

Search this Thread

Old 8/28/14, 07:14 PM
Cobra Member

Received 26 Likes on 25 Posts
Originally Posted by OneBadGtCs
Thanks for the info. I personally love my Track key. And I am totally loving the Lopey idle. I have only used the stock key for a few days just to check out the ac issue. But totally use the track key all the **** time lol. Car runs so much better with it.

For a tune they say does not add any HP it sure delivers. I do not know anything for under $500 that give you that performance.

How is it driving everyday? Any negatives? I hear a lot of positives.

My kids are getting mine for my BD!!! Cant wait!
Old 8/28/14, 08:08 PM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Jazzman442
For a tune they say does not add any HP it sure delivers. I do not know anything for under $500 that give you that performance.

How is it driving everyday? Any negatives? I hear a lot of positives.

My kids are getting mine for my BD!!! Cant wait!
I haven't found any negatives yet. Experiencing a intermittent AC issue but I believe this to be unrelated. Have to make another appointment with Ford.
Old 8/28/14, 10:25 PM
Cobra Member

Received 26 Likes on 25 Posts
I haven't found any negatives yet. Experiencing a intermittent AC issue but I believe this to be unrelated. Have to make another appointment with Ford.
The guy I talked to said he had that issue. FRPP sent him an update and a procal.

He said that after the update he has had no issues.
Old 8/29/14, 06:51 AM
V6 Member

The guy I talked to said he had that issue. FRPP sent him an update and a procal.

He said that after the update he has had no issues.
Yes I also got the update and free procal tool. Ac issues started right after the install but might it might just be coincidental. I have to make another appointment with Ford to have the AC checked.
Old 9/3/14, 12:37 PM
V6 Member

Well, took the car to Ford. Serviceman said the tech told him that its normal for our Mustang GTs to run warm at times because they are high performance cars. ???? I said its bull****. Because the car didn't have these intermittent ac issues for the first month or so and has been getting worse for the last few weeks. So he had another AC tech look at it and "behold" he found the evaporator temp sensor was bad and was reading 11 degrees off etc. They ordered the part and I need to take it in on Saturday. Hopefully this solves the problem.
Old 9/3/14, 04:12 PM
V6 Member

Question re: the Track Cal tune: As it uses the Cruise Control buttons to change some parameters (Pit Lane Speed/Launch Control) does this mean normal cruise control operation while running Track Cal tune is unavailable?

I'd like to go with the Track Cal tune, not at the expense of no cruise control as I do a lot of freeway miles and can't drive a steady speed to save my life...mental midget, dontcha know?

Yes, I have issues...
Old 9/3/14, 04:25 PM
GT Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by BudgetPlan1
Question re: the Track Cal tune: As it uses the Cruise Control buttons to change some parameters (Pit Lane Speed/Launch Control) does this mean normal cruise control operation while running Track Cal tune is unavailable?

I'd like to go with the Track Cal tune, not at the expense of no cruise control as I do a lot of freeway miles and can't drive a steady speed to save my life...mental midget, dontcha know?

Yes, I have issues...
Cruise control works as normal.
The buttons are only used with the TracKey/Track Cal when the car is stationary.
Old 9/3/14, 04:41 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by BBM3
Cruise control works as normal.
The buttons are only used with the TracKey/Track Cal when the car is stationary.
Yeah basically you're meant to set the launch control RPM before you set off, it's not something to be adjusted while driving. The launch control is always "on", it looks for vehicle speed=0 and clutch pedal down to activate.
Old 9/3/14, 06:07 PM
GT Member

Well, took the car to Ford. Serviceman said the tech told him that its normal for our Mustang GTs to run warm at times because they are high performance cars. ???? I said its bull****. Because the car didn't have these intermittent ac issues for the first month or so and has been getting worse for the last few weeks. So he had another AC tech look at it and "behold" he found the evaporator temp sensor was bad and was reading 11 degrees off etc. They ordered the part and I need to take it in on Saturday. Hopefully this solves the problem.
Based on your Service Writer's definition of "High Performance Normal" a 1000+hp Bugatti Veyron's A/C should never work.

Hope the new temp sensor works. If not maybe you need to move up to a 130hp Toyota Crayola in order to have functioning A/C?
Old 9/4/14, 07:29 AM
V6 Member

Thumbs up

I went to the track last night. There where a few mustangs there. I meet a guy with a newly ordered 2014 GT track car.

He only had a K&N drop in filter and yes you guessed it a Track Key. Well I found out the the track key is worth way more than the cost.

He was consistently between .25 and .4 Seconds quicker than a Mustang with out one.

His times where in the 8.4 range. By the way he raced a 2014 New Vet. The vet won with a .01 win. These cars are fast.

The Mustang had street tires on.

Just thought you all would like to know what the track key does.
THANX, I will be a ordering 1 !
Old 9/5/14, 07:12 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

This, my friends, is why I abhor dealership service departments.
Old 9/6/14, 09:47 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by lsxjunkie
This, my friends, is why I abhor dealership service departments.
Like when I took my '09 GT500 in for a new clutch. I told the dealer I wanted to upgrade to the 2010+ design. First he said it wouldn't fit, then said it was considered a performance modification and thus illegal in the state of California. I drove across town to the other dealership and not only were they happy to perform the job, once they had the car apart the service writer said that the original shouldn't have failed in 21,000 miles so they were going to replace it under warranty. Also of interest was that reflashing the computer was part of the clutch update protocol. He advised me to reinstall my factory air box and tune and then once they did their thing do whatever I wanted. Moral of the story: it pays to shop around.
Old 9/16/14, 12:53 PM

message pop up

Ok.been great trackey working but now .the message trackey idle and trackey keeps popping up when I stop at a light or stop for traffic
turning into a nuisance
any body else have this ??
Old 9/16/14, 01:09 PM
GT Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by alan777
Ok.been great trackey working but now .the message trackey idle and trackey keeps popping up when I stop at a light or stop for traffic
turning into a nuisance
I have to push the reset button once to turn off the track key message and once more to turn off the lopey idle message. Once I have done that I have not had the message return until I restart the car.

FYI. Over a thousand miles and two track days using the revised download and works perfectly. I am very pleased. Transformed the way the car behaves mostly due to the bit of extra power and the deceleration changes.
Old 9/16/14, 02:12 PM

Nope, haven't experienced anything like that.. The message comes up when I start the car & then when the lopey idle is activated.

Only issue I've had is that every once in a while if I'm sitting in a drive through or taking off from a stop light and let the RPM's drop a little low when I start letting out of the clutch this seems to confuse the lopey idle and it basically goes through the whole check process again before it comes back.

That's probably the only thing that I don't like.. Seems like it takes forever for the idle to come on, I kind of wish that it could somehow see that the car was running (& already warm) before and just come back on immediately or after a much shorter amount of time.
Old 9/20/14, 06:21 PM

Originally Posted by alan777
turning into a nuisance
My car started doing this a couple days ago as well. Occasionally I will get the TracKey Idle enabled message when slowing down for a red light. I haven't been able to find anyway to reproduce it. I seem to get the message about 1 time every 10 minutes or so.
Old 9/25/14, 08:36 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by MALWR
My car started doing this a couple days ago as well. Occasionally I will get the TracKey Idle enabled message when slowing down for a red light. I haven't been able to find anyway to reproduce it. I seem to get the message about 1 time every 10 minutes or so.
Add me to this category as well. I drove a 60 mile trip and had the Trackey Idle message come up about four times during it. I have about 400 miles all together with Trackey. I had done only short trips before this and had not had any problems.
Old 9/28/14, 03:39 AM

message bug

Mine also continues to pop up message .sometimes every 5 minutes if in traffic.never when driving on the highway.
the lopey idle comes and goes now too.it sounds like it's trying to fix it self if I drive for a while .if I stop and re start the lopey idle comes back strong again ?.I hope this is being worked out .
I really don't want to take it back to the dealer .who should I let know about this ?
Any phone number .or should I call ffrp?
Old 9/28/14, 12:33 PM

I think it has something to do with stop & go traffic or other situations where you're pulling off from a stop.. Seems like it only does it when the RPM's dip a little low as you start to pull away. I've noticed that if I keep the R's up it never skips a beat. Gotta be some kind of a failsafe in the programming, maybe it sees that as a shudder & thinks the engine is going to cut out and deactivates the lope? Just a guess.

I still dont drive daily with the key as I think it makes it more enjoyable on the days when I decide to play around, but the trips I've made with the key the I havent gotten the message while simply driving down the interstate or at speed, only in the circumstances I mentioned above.
Old 10/1/14, 04:24 PM

New Member, just bought an early Black 2014 GT Prem. w/ Track Pack, Recaros, & Pype Bomb axleback. I have been following the Track Cal threads very closely and also wish that the lopey idle was off as default. My guess is that it is on by default so that only serious enthusiast/seasoned driver types would want it, rather than a less seasoned driver. That said, I have been driving perf. cars all my life and would still really prefer either off by default or the ability to choose on or off by default during set-up. I hope FRPP will consider this in an update. On another note, has anyone given any thought to motor and trans. mount longevity with the lopey idle engine vibration?

I had a mild cammed 2004 Cobra that used to eat mounts, even though it only served as a light and easy street driver...... I honestly think it idled more than it moved!

Quick Reply: Trackey for manual 2014 GT's manufactured after 7/1/2013