Notices
5.0L GT Modifications Placeholder for future motor based GT's modifications.

BAMA round 2 = Fail

Search this Thread

Old 1/7/14, 12:32 AM
Cobra R Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts
[QUOTE=" I was thinking about trying Steeda, but they have some goofy ordering charge that bugs me, so their a non-starter![/QUOTE]

The handling charge pretty much killed steeda for me too. Most of my mods were steeda but I've decided to stop buying their product based on their practice of charging a fee that, in my mind, is a form of gouging it's customers.

As for the op, I hope all turns out well.
Old 1/7/14, 05:43 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by KC Henry

You have a very unrealistic view of today's business world. This is not Mayberry, or some other fantasy tv show.

If someone can't do their job correctly in this day and age and they lose their job, they have no one to blame but themselves. Far too often companies have "dead weight" or "leaches" that don't deserve the positions they have. It's a dog eat dog world out there, if you can't hack it and can't do the job the way it needs to be done, you should be replaced with one of the THOUSANDS of people waiting for the opportunity to prove themselves.
Well, that's one way to live your life.

I have been around long enough and I have been on both sides of this situation enough to know that treating people in service jobs with respect and the benefit of the doubt almost always results in the best possible oucome.

Unless you have a real sociopath working the phones, the only reason you'll be treated badly is if you treat them badly first. I can tell by the attitudes on display here that some of you guys probably find yourselves in disagreements with customer service regularly...I'm telling you it's YOU not them.

Take a deep breath, explain the problem calmly, say "please" and "thank you" and remember that you're talking to a human being who woke up this morning not wanting to be treated like garbage by some entitled jerk who isn't getting his/her way instantly.

Your money doesn't grant you the moral authority to tell someone else that they're crap. Mistakes happen....be kind.

Last edited by MRGTX; 1/7/14 at 05:44 AM.
Old 1/7/14, 06:23 AM
I Have No Life

Received 172 Likes on 145 Posts
Originally Posted by MRGTX
Well, that's one way to live your life. I have been around long enough and I have been on both sides of this situation enough to know that treating people in service jobs with respect and the benefit of the doubt almost always results in the best possible oucome. Unless you have a real sociopath working the phones, the only reason you'll be treated badly is if you treat them badly first. I can tell by the attitudes on display here that some of you guys probably find yourselves in disagreements with customer service regularly...I'm telling you it's YOU not them. Take a deep breath, explain the problem calmly, say "please" and "thank you" and remember that you're talking to a human being who woke up this morning not wanting to be treated like garbage by some entitled jerk who isn't getting his/her way instantly. Your money doesn't grant you the moral authority to tell someone else that they're crap. Mistakes happen....be kind.
Some of your points have merit... But I've been around long enough as well to know that there's just some people who shouldn't be in customer service work from the get go. Meaning, the real actual acts of rudeness stem and start wholly from them, not the customer. Just remember that it goes both ways. Both parties should treat the others with respect. Always.
Old 1/7/14, 07:45 AM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well, that's one way to live your life. I have been around long enough and I have been on both sides of this situation enough to know that treating people in service jobs with respect and the benefit of the doubt almost always results in the best possible outcome.

Unless you have a real sociopath working the phones, the only reason you'll be treated badly is if you treat them badly first. I can tell by the attitudes on display here that some of you guys probably find yourselves in disagreements with customer service regularly...I'm telling you it's YOU not them.

Take a deep breath, explain the problem calmly, say "please" and "thank you" and remember that you're talking to a human being who woke up this morning not wanting to be treated like garbage by some entitled jerk who isn't getting his/her way instantly.

Your money doesn't grant you the moral authority to tell someone else that they're crap. Mistakes happen....be kind.
I have been around long enough as well (working mostly in Dealerships most of my life) to know that "giving someone the benefit of the doubt" is a sure way to go through life full of disappointments.

Take this 400lb cashier I had at the store yesterday shouting over to the other 300lb cashier that its been so cold that she wishes she didn’t have to walk to work (this person was in their mid 40's and a true winner, working for minimum wage and made enough wrong choices in life that she can't even afford a vehicle to drive to and from work). As she gets done ringing up my purchases, she stouts out to the other cashier again, and is like "mmmm guuurl I gotta tell you about (so and so)", mean while, I calmly stand there with my hand out waiting for my receipt...both the ladies ignore me, all while both had very long lines of people waiting. I could have gotten rude and asked them to get back to work and keep the girl gossip for a lunch break but instead, I just walked off without my receipt. Point is, you can NEVER give people the benefit of the doubt without setting yourself up for disappointment.

People should hope for the best but expect the worse in life. Murphy's law states if it can go wrong, then it will go wrong. That about sums up life.

Being the calm polite person only goes so far. Does it work sometimes, sure. Does it work everytime? Not a chance!

Originally Posted by FromZto5
Both parties should treat the others with respect. Always.

Agreed! This would solve 99% of customer service issues.

Last edited by KC Henry; 1/7/14 at 07:51 AM.
Old 1/7/14, 07:56 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally Posted by KC Henry
I have been around long enough as well (working mostly in Dealerships most of my life) to know that "giving someone the benefit of the doubt" is a sure way to go through life full of disappointments.

Take this 400lb cashier I had at the store yesterday shouting over to the other 300lb cashier that its been so cold that she wishes she didn’t have to walk to work (this person was in their mid 40's and a true winner, working for minimum wage and made enough wrong choices in life that she can't even afford a vehicle to drive to and from work). As she gets done ringing up my purchases, she stouts out to the other cashier again, and is like "mmmm guuurl I gotta tell you about (so and so)", mean while, I calmly stand there with my hand out waiting for my receipt...both the ladies ignore me, all while both had very long lines of people waiting. I could have gotten rude and asked them to get back to work and keep the girl gossip for a lunch break but instead, I just walked off without my receipt. Point is, you can NEVER give people the benefit of the doubt without setting yourself up for disappointment.

People should hope for the best but expect the worse in life. Murphy's law states if it can go wrong, then it will go wrong. That about sums up life.

Being the calm polite person only goes so far. Does it work sometimes, sure. Does it work everytime? Not a chance!
Right on. They really should have kissed your butt and made you feel special and wonderful...how shameful that they didn't!

You really need to put your foot down and demand that only people with more education, a preferable body mass index and with a burning desire to affirm your sense of self importance should be ringing your groceries.

Oh, and they should do it for $5/hour and by all means, get themselves to college!

You have got to be kidding me.

Last edited by MRGTX; 1/7/14 at 07:57 AM.
Old 1/7/14, 08:28 AM
V6 Member

Right on. They really should have kissed your butt and made you feel special and wonderful...how shameful that they didn't!

You really need to put your foot down and demand that only people with more education, a preferable body mass index and with a burning desire to affirm your sense of self importance should be ringing your groceries.

Oh, and they should do it for $5/hour and by all means, get themselves to college!

You have got to be kidding me.
I didn’t realize that expecting someone to do the job that they are paid to do was asking too much.

She was working, it was a Sunday (the busiest grocery shopping day), she had a loooong line of people waiting, (businesses have 20 registers but seem to never have more than 3 open at a time for some reason), and all I expected of her was to scan my items, and hand me my receipt, and move on to the next person waiting in line.

I didn’t expect a smile, a hello, or any special treatment above and beyond scanning my items, sliding them down to her bagger and then handing me my receipt (instead of stopping both lines of customers to girl gossip for a while about something not related to work).

And you are saying I am asking for too much!? Interesting. I am not the problem in that situation, the employees are.

Since you are protecting their behavior, I can only assume the old adage “Birds of a feather flock together”, applies to your work ethic as well?

Last edited by KC Henry; 1/7/14 at 08:43 AM.
Old 1/7/14, 08:46 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

No... it's your wild misunderstanding of the human condition, entitled attitude and dispicable criticism of their physical appearance that just made me sick to my stomach.

The offense committed by this cashier were:

a) making poor life choices (as anyone in a service sector job obviously has)
b) being fat
c) talking loudly to her friend
d) being a different race (just guessing by the specific dialect that you chose to include in your quote )...but this factor will be denied regardless
e) making you wait a moment for your receipt

You should have marched right into the office and "had their jobs." That would show them!
Old 1/7/14, 08:48 AM
Cobra Member

Old 1/7/14, 08:50 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts
Back to topic....
Old 1/7/14, 08:59 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally Posted by tom281
Back to topic....
Agreed... my comments above were pretty pointless. People will always look down on those they believe should be serving them...and people are allowed to think/feel whatever they want.

KC Henry,
My apologies for the hostility... I'm sure you're a decent human being and I do agree that in an ideal world, everyone should take their job seriously and be courteous.
-Mike
Old 1/7/14, 09:14 AM
V6 Member

Agreed... my comments above were pretty pointless. People will always look down on those they believe should be serving them...and people are allowed to think/feel whatever they want.

KC Henry,
My apologies for the hostility... I'm sure you're a decent human being and I do agree that in an ideal world, everyone should take their job seriously and be courteous.
-Mike
Likewise Mike,

I think we got off track a lil. Sorry to the OP for the thread derailment. My apologies on both accounts.

- Henry

To the OP, I hope AM/Bama does right by you and leaves you satisfied.
Old 1/7/14, 09:29 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 52 Likes on 47 Posts
The handling charge pretty much killed steeda for me too. Most of my mods were steeda but I've decided to stop buying their product based on their practice of charging a fee that, in my mind, is a form of gouging it's customers.
I can assure you it is not price gouging or any other type of money grab. In order for us to drop prices, offer free shipping, and provide the necessary support after the sale ... we added a handling charge. We didn't hide this charge in our prices ... we kept all of our products across the board the same price from company to company ... we implemented a MAP policy.

We have stayed true to our heritage and have kept our manufacturing facilities here in the United States ... while using made in the U.S.A. raw materials ... while employing the American worker.

When you purchase from Steeda ... you are getting a full support staff of engineers, manufacturers and veteran racers.

Best Regards,

TJ
Old 1/7/14, 10:27 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts
Thanks guys that's what we like to see.....
Old 1/7/14, 10:45 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by El Coyote GT/CS
Some of you guys appear to be slapping each other around about customer service philosophy, but do agree that Bama has often failed to produce a satisfactory product even after numerous attempts to make it right. At least they received the criticism. But until "the administration" forces me to buy their product, they will not get any of my dollar votes.

I was thinking about trying Steeda, but they have some goofy ordering charge that bugs me, so their a non-starter. Grrrr

I'll be interested to hear how the MPT tunes work out. And, I think I heard that they give you a bazooka or free Chinese kidney with their tunes. Now that's how to market a product! Capitalism is great!
I run Steeda tunes and what goofy ordering charge are you referring too. I paid 150.00 dollars for their free tunes for life program and that's it. What are you talking about bro?

I also run MPT tunes and they work awesome.
Old 1/7/14, 10:55 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue

I run Steeda tunes and what goofy ordering charge are you referring too. I paid 150.00 dollars for their free tunes for life program and that's it. What are you talking about bro?

I also run MPT tunes and they work awesome.
Whenever you order something that needs to be shipped theres a $8.95 iirc charge automatically added to your order. I can't say that I don't order from Steeda because of it but they are not my first choice.
Old 1/7/14, 11:35 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Ajcruz1

Whenever you order something that needs to be shipped theres a $8.95 iirc charge automatically added to your order. I can't say that I don't order from Steeda because of it but they are not my first choice.
Oh, got ya. I never ordered parts from them, just a tune. But at least Steeda keeps its company here in the U.S. and employs American workers. American made which is very rare here in the U.S.
Old 1/7/14, 11:40 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue
Oh, got ya. I never ordered parts from them, just a tune. But at least Steeda keeps its company here in the U.S. and employs American workers. American made which is very rare here in the U.S.

Right on, Steeda!
That is worth a lot in my book.
Old 1/7/14, 12:02 PM
CVH
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by tj@steeda
I can assure you it is not price gouging or any other type of money grab. In order for us to drop prices, offer free shipping, and provide the necessary support after the sale ... we added a handling charge. We didn't hide this charge in our prices ... we kept all of our products across the board the same price from company to company ... we implemented a MAP policy.

We have stayed true to our heritage and have kept our manufacturing facilities here in the United States ... while using made in the U.S.A. raw materials ... while employing the American worker.

When you purchase from Steeda ... you are getting a full support staff of engineers, manufacturers and veteran racers.

Best Regards,

TJ
Thanks for setting us back on topic! I have an appointment set! See you guys when I get back in town.

BTW guys, negative energy makes your car slower. stay positive.
Old 1/7/14, 01:28 PM
I Have No Life

Received 172 Likes on 145 Posts
Originally Posted by tj@steeda
I can assure you it is not price gouging or any other type of money grab. In order for us to drop prices, offer free shipping, and provide the necessary support after the sale ... we added a handling charge. We didn't hide this charge in our prices ... we kept all of our products across the board the same price from company to company ... we implemented a MAP policy. We have stayed true to our heritage and have kept our manufacturing facilities here in the United States ... while using made in the U.S.A. raw materials ... while employing the American worker. When you purchase from Steeda ... you are getting a full support staff of engineers, manufacturers and veteran racers. Best Regards, TJ
TJ,

Thank you for your prompt response to the comment made. This is the type of responsiveness and attentiveness that I (and I assume also the original OP) was referring to, that was lacking from bama/AM. It shows you and your company have class.

Carry on.
Old 1/7/14, 04:14 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Still waiting for AM to show up in this thread. Must be fixing a tune or something. Lol jk

Quick Reply: BAMA round 2 = Fail