Notices
5.0L GT Modifications Placeholder for future motor based GT's modifications.

BAMA round 2 = Fail

Search this Thread

Old 1/28/14, 05:29 PM
Cobra Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by kargt13
I came to this thread from MustangEvolution but I just wanted to weigh in. I have a '13 GT that also has the random issue with the brakes; however, I am not tuned and have never been tuned. I have the exact issue as described by marty21mar. I believe this issue lies with Ford.

The traction control light starts flashing and the car starts pulling right. It lasts maybe ten seconds or less and then goes away. It has only happened to me twice in 18k miles, but both times I was on a straight road and driving casually.
You have one of the random issues reported with Advancetrac & has nothing to do with tuners & tunes. There has been a year or 2 long thread/discussion on this @ AllFordMustangs & a few topics concerning it on here as well.
Old 1/28/14, 09:52 PM
I Have No Life

Received 172 Likes on 145 Posts
Originally Posted by Stage_3
It's like a short story.
Originally Posted by Thamac15
Lmfao! Hahahahahahaha
Wow... Just wow. I can't WAIT to hear their response to this. Then again, they might conveniently "miss" his post again.

Geeeesh.... Honestly.... Wow.
Old 1/29/14, 07:51 AM
CVH
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by FromZto5
Wow... Just wow. I can't WAIT to hear their response to this. Then again, they might conveniently "miss" his post again.

Geeeesh.... Honestly.... Wow.
….well in a short story. I was told that is normal for that particular device.
I will stick with the original device I purchased almost a year ago, and send back the unmarried devices that were recently sent out.
I was able to get the Steeda tune back in the car, I was happy with it to begin with. My trial and error is over.
Old 1/29/14, 08:45 AM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by kargt13
I came to this thread from MustangEvolution but I just wanted to weigh in. I have a '13 GT that also has the random issue with the brakes; however, I am not tuned and have never been tuned. I have the exact issue as described by marty21mar. I believe this issue lies with Ford.

The traction control light starts flashing and the car starts pulling right. It lasts maybe ten seconds or less and then goes away. It has only happened to me twice in 18k miles, but both times I was on a straight road and driving casually.
Thanks for the input kargt13! I've seen this as well on the forums with stock tune Mustangs. We're going to send Mario another file, just to be sure the one he hasn't isn't corrupted in anyway.

Shane

Originally Posted by PJRManagement
---
Hi Shane, I sent you a PM, thanks.
Pete
PM's replied to! You should have an email as well. Let me know if you need anything else.

Shane

Originally Posted by CVH
Hi Shane! You guys sent me the tuner! NO TUNES?!!! Now I have to send a canned tune to my vehicle. Record it. Then send you the file, so you can send me a custom tune?!
IS THIS A JOKE? You guys are ****ing with me, right?
CVH,

I know I already responded to your PM explaining the situation, but I want to write back here as well, for everyone reading along. Hope you don't mind!

The Bama Team sent a blank DS Intune to CVH, as this is the first DS tuner he's used on this Mustang. We need the Diablosport tuner to pull the strategy code directly from the PCM and have it sent back to Bama to write the final tunes on.

CVH mentioned earlier that Steeda had changed his strategy code within their tune. If that's the case, then it may be what's causing the issues with his latest SCT tunes. Pulling the strategy code from DS is the best precaution to insure we're not chasing our tails because of a changed strategy code.

We want to get this worked out for CVH the right way!

Shane
Old 1/29/14, 09:19 AM
CVH
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by AMShaneLesky
Thanks for the input kargt13! I've seen this as well on the forums with stock tune Mustangs. We're going to send Mario another file, just to be sure the one he hasn't isn't corrupted in anyway.

Shane

PM's replied to! You should have an email as well. Let me know if you need anything else.

Shane

CVH,

I know I already responded to your PM explaining the situation, but I want to write back here as well, for everyone reading along. Hope you don't mind!

The Bama Team sent a blank DS Intune to CVH, as this is the first DS tuner he's used on this Mustang. We need the Diablosport tuner to pull the strategy code directly from the PCM and have it sent back to Bama to write the final tunes on.

CVH mentioned earlier that Steeda had changed his strategy code within their tune. If that's the case, then it may be what's causing the issues with his latest SCT tunes. Pulling the strategy code from DS is the best precaution to insure we're not chasing our tails because of a changed strategy code.

We want to get this worked out for CVH the right way!

Shane
Thanks, but to clear things up, Steeda did not change the strategy code, they asked for it, its ok if you misunderstood that, you were getting up to date in this room at the time.
I returned the car to stock and wrote down the stock strategy code for them. They tuned off of the stock strategy code. Had no issues loading their tune.
What I am thinking is that, Bama is tuning for the wrong strategy code is the issue. Its possible thats why the latest iTSX didn't show the tunes as well.
Its strange because Steeda requested for this code from the beginning, something I have never sent to Bama or been asked of other than my ECU code.

Either way, time to move forward and continue modding!

Last edited by CVH; 1/29/14 at 09:44 AM.
Old 1/29/14, 09:45 AM
Cobra Member

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts
So if I read Shane's post right, they pull the code from the datalog. Yet steeda asks up front to make the tune right the first time. Does this mean that the first tunes you get from Bama are just generic? And that you don't get it made based on you specific code until you send a datalog?

So what if you load the tune and never send a datalog? Seems like a dumb way of going about it Bama. Why not ask for the code upfront?
Old 1/29/14, 09:59 AM
CVH
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by typesredline
So if I read Shane's post right, they pull the code from the datalog. Yet steeda asks up front to make the tune right the first time. Does this mean that the first tunes you get from Bama are just generic? And that you don't get it made based on you specific code until you send a datalog?

So what if you load the tune and never send a datalog? Seems like a dumb way of going about it Bama. Why not ask for the code upfront?
Possible, but maybe its just for the new device, although I never had to do that with the iTSX or SF3

Last edited by CVH; 1/29/14 at 10:02 AM.
Old 1/29/14, 09:59 AM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by CVH
Thanks, but to clear things up, Steeda did not change the strategy code, they asked for it, its ok if you misunderstood that, you were getting up to date in this room at the time.
I returned the car to stock and wrote down the stock strategy code for them. They tuned off of the stock strategy code. Had no issues loading their tune.
What I am thinking is that, Bama is tuning for the wrong strategy code is the issue. Its possible thats why the latest iTSX didn't show the tunes as well.
Its strange because Steeda requested for this code from the beginning, something I have never sent to Bama or been asked of other than my ECU code.

Either way, time to move forward and continue modding!
Gotcha, sorry for the confusion there.

The factory PCM code does reflect the strategy code. However, with the issues you were having from the SCT, it was wise to confirm that the strategy code has not changed, thus they needed to load the device first. Then whichever code you send back to Bama, they would calibrate for in the tune.

As long as your strategy code has never changed from stock, than Bama has been tuning for the correct code. This is why we ask for the PCM code for all cars before tuning them, as it's the only way to write a custom tune. In this situation, we needed to pull the strategy code with the DS Intune for clarification before calibrating.

Shane

typesredline,

Please review my statement above for further clarification.^^^

All of the tunes the Bama Team sends out are custom made. For Mustangs that have never been tuned before, we just need the PCM code, as it reflects the strategy code. If a Mustang has been tuned before than it's necessary to verify the strategy code is still stock with the tuner loaded first.

Let me know if you have more questions!

Shane
Old 1/29/14, 10:41 AM
Cobra Member

I see. It was a one off for this situation.
Old 1/31/14, 07:07 AM
Bullitt Member

Well, I take back one of my last posts. AM and Dan were true to their word about sending out scoops. I was actually hoping that I wouldn't get them because , as I said earlier, I feel bad getting things for free.

Again not necessary and very thoughtful.

Ugh, now I have to figure out what I "need" from AM and buy it to equalize such an expensive gift . Just got to slip it by the wifey and that's like going to the proctologist.
Old 1/31/14, 07:11 AM
GT Member

I've been holding off on my dyno results because the weather has been bananas around here, we had to cancel our last session. We're waiting to see if the weather holds this weekend but I just wanted to mention that Dan did indeed refund my tuner & tune purchase. More to come, weather permitting.
Old 1/31/14, 11:03 AM
Currently a Corvette Owner!

Received 48 Likes on 42 Posts
I have several friends and GT owners ('11-'14) who have all installed the SCT tuner with Bama tunes, from AM. All use the 'Race' tune, permanently, even for daily driving. No problems, no hiccups, noticeable power gains throughout the rev range, and even pass annual Smog check (here in NV), on 91 octane (again, here in NV). With such good results, I took the plunge. My tuner arrived this week, and I'm excited to install it this weekend (mine is an '11 GT). I'm hoping for 10% gains in HP and TQ, plus sharper throttle response, and I hope I notice the difference. Thanks to AM for great service and fast shipping. I'm confident that if I run into any issues both Dan and Shane will help. They stand by their products and support the customer. Well done!
Old 1/31/14, 11:14 AM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by woodzusa
Well, I take back one of my last posts. AM and Dan were true to their word about sending out scoops. I was actually hoping that I wouldn't get them because , as I said earlier, I feel bad getting things for free.

Again not necessary and very thoughtful.

Ugh, now I have to figure out what I "need" from AM and buy it to equalize such an expensive gift . Just got to slip it by the wifey and that's like going to the proctologist.
I'm glad to hear the Scoops showed up! I'm sorry about the delay on them. As Shane explained to you our warehouse somehow sent them to my desk instead of your address .

I got them shipped out to you that day! Don't feel bad about getting them for free, it's a token of my appreciation for your business and loyalty.

Enjoy!

-Dan
Old 2/20/14, 08:15 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I run the Bama 93 race 100% of the time. No issues, just pure joy. I tried the 93P and the 87S as well. Had no issues.
Old 2/21/14, 08:33 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
^ me too.. been on 93R for about 6 months no issue n not planing to change anything till sc comes along.
Old 2/21/14, 10:05 AM
Cobra R Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Race tune here for years, car runs like a monster!
Old 2/21/14, 10:24 AM
Cobra Member

I don't think this thread ever questioned the fact that BAMA tunes in a majority of the cases work well. It was highlighting however that they have indeed had issues that are difficult to overcome due to less than adequate customer service.
Old 2/21/14, 10:41 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I will certainly post if something along those lines should effect me with Bama or American Muscle.

Anything communicated via e-mail was taken care of instantly and without issue.

Like any co vs customer, everyone's expectations are different.

One person having an unusual situation is certainly not the rule of thumb.
Old 2/21/14, 11:00 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by ctodd1
I will certainly post if something along those lines should effect me with Bama or American Muscle. Anything communicated via e-mail was taken care of instantly and without issue. Like any co vs customer, everyone's expectations are different. One person having an unusual situation is certainly not the rule of thumb.
Didn't say poor service was the rule of thumb or normal. But it has happened more than other vendors and/or tuners on this site. You are correct that expectations vary. Something might **** someone off yet you'd be fine with. Unfortunately (I say that bc as a business owner I deal with this too) proper satisfaction isn't black and white. It's based on the perception of the customer. So if someone sees no response for 3 days or two re tunes to no avail as an issue, weather someone else would or wouldn't is irrelevant. Bad service to a customer = bad customer service. Even if every other customer is happy.

Last edited by typesredline; 2/21/14 at 11:01 AM.
Old 2/21/14, 11:30 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Didn't say poor service was the rule of thumb or normal. But it has happened more than other vendors and/or tuners on this site. You are correct that expectations vary. Something might **** someone off yet you'd be fine with. Unfortunately (I say that bc as a business owner I deal with this too) proper satisfaction isn't black and white. It's based on the perception of the customer. So if someone sees no response for 3 days or two re tunes to no avail as an issue, weather someone else would or wouldn't is irrelevant. Bad service to a customer = bad customer service. Even if every other customer is happy.
Perhaps other vendors on this site have less complaints because they tune far less mustangs compared too Bama. There is a reason why Bama tunes the most mustangs in country compared too all the other tuning companies. They didn't get there by giving crap tunes and crap customer service. I don't know the ratio but just an example perhaps for every 1 tune another vendor does Bama may tune 20. 1 to 20 ratio of course there would be more issues arise. Bama perhaps tunes thousands more mustangs each year than its competitors. You don't get that huge and popular by giving customers poor results.

Another amazing tuning company is Steeda however I think them not offering free tunes for life program in the beginning when bama came out, hurt them getting way more customers.

Same with MPT, not offering free tunes for life program years ago and present, the word did not spread like bama about how powerful their tunes are. Thousands of bama customers thrilled with their tunes so many people feel why spend an extra 150 on Steeda or 75.00 for one tune from MPT when they are thrilled with bama.

Its the old saying. What ain't broke, don't fix it..

Last edited by 2011 Kona Blue; 2/21/14 at 11:35 AM.

Quick Reply: BAMA round 2 = Fail