Notices
5.0L GT Modifications Placeholder for future motor based GT's modifications.

BAMA round 2 = Fail

Search this Thread

Old 1/7/14, 04:32 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
AMDanBailer is very active in a Bama tune issue on mustang evolution forum. He responded yesterday and three hours ago, But no response here?

Last edited by Thamac15; 1/7/14 at 04:36 PM.
Old 1/8/14, 12:59 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm really not sure what you guys are expecting dan to do??? Say sorry? Will that make you feel better? The tunes are FREE and no matter what it is, you get what you pay for.

You want a good quality tune? Guess what, you'll be paying for a quality tune done by someone that knows what they are doing.
Old 1/8/14, 03:01 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I would expect him to escalate the issue or at the very least inquire/advise.
Old 1/8/14, 03:46 PM
Cobra Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by TheDivaDanielle
lol then Steeda jumps on here to try to get a sale.

I'll say this. I tried steeda, I tried AM. not impressed with either. Steeda flat out refunded me after a single revision instead of you know, trying to dial in my tune.

AM did datalog and stuff, and the tunes are *okay* at best.
Steeda never would refund me, I remember we had the same issue. Also had an issue with one of their parts they wouldn't help me with, I've got at least 15 PMs on forums from others that had the same issue so I know it wasn't my fault like they tried to say. All well, their loss; I would have been very tempted to get their new GT500 option.

Been with Lund for my 3 cars I bought this year and I've been very satisfied.
Old 1/8/14, 04:36 PM
Roush Forum Stalker

Received 1,710 Likes on 1,218 Posts
Originally Posted by Supra
you get what you pay for.
You want a good quality tune? Guess what, you'll be paying for a quality tune done by someone that knows what they are doing.
I totally agree.
Old 1/8/14, 05:34 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I'm really not sure what you guys are expecting dan to do??? Say sorry? Will that make you feel better? The tunes are FREE and no matter what it is, you get what you pay for.

AM and Steeda do make good quality tunes and know what they are doing.
Old 1/8/14, 05:56 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue
AM and Steeda do make good quality tunes and know what they are doing.
Steeda has a good rep (besides the cam tunes, which have since been discontinued anyways)

Last edited by Supra; 1/8/14 at 05:57 PM.
Old 1/9/14, 09:37 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Guys,

We were just made aware of this thread. We're going through all of it right now and will be taking care of any issues that we see. Thanks for your patience and I apologize that our team didn't find this weeks ago when it was originally posted.

As for whether or not we "hide" when customer service issues happen, there are examples all over the forums of where we bend over backwards to fix issues for customers even when something was out of our control (ie. shipping damage). (See: http://www.moddedmustangs.com/forums...an-muscle.html or http://www.moddedmustangs.com/forums...-complain.html or https://themustangsource.com/f802/am...fading-527235/ )

We're going to make this right for everyone in the thread that needs us. We love our customers and have been a big part of the forums (contributor/sponsor/etc) for over a decade. We thank everyone here for being valued customers and adding a ton of value to the Mustang forums and hobby. You're our #1 priority and we'll show you that in the following posts...

Last edited by AMChrisRose; 1/9/14 at 09:47 AM.
Old 1/9/14, 09:49 AM
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey Guys,

Wow, I wish I had a better explanation but I’m honestly not sure how this slipped under my radar. This thread was just brought to my attention. With the Holidays falling right after this thread we definitely have been kept out of the office some but there’s no excuse for not being a part of this thread. I dropped the ball and I apologize to all of you! I do my best to be extremely active on all of (7) major forums that we sponsor. I will make sure that every single person in this thread is taken care of. There’s hundreds of threads out there that need our attention and if you go over them you’ll see that customer service is our #1 priority and we’re constantly bending over backwards to make sure every issue is resolved.

I’m reading through this thread now and I will personally make sure every issue gets resolved.

-Dan
Old 1/9/14, 10:07 AM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by GrabberBlue5.0
You don't need a dyno tune, just a tune from someone that knows how to tunes theses cars. Bama would be my last choice. And Lund tunes for Evolution. I would have Evolution send you an email tune and you could download it to your device. If you still feel the need to go there and throw it on a dyno then you can go that route.
GrabberBlue5.0,

I'm sorry to hear that Bama would be your last choice when it comes to tuning. I've spoke with you multiple times about Bama and have attempted to clear up any issues you may have had with us. However, I understand that you haven't tried a Bama tune yet. I would love for you to try one out and tell me your feedback so that I can help better our tunes. That being said, how about I send you a Free Bama tuner with custom tunes already loaded onto it for your specific modifications and driving style. I want you to be honest with me, if there's some things you don't like about it let me know and also let me know what you do like about it!

If you have interest in doing this with me, I guarantee you that you're impressed with the Bama tune. Just give us a shot!

I look forward to hearing from you.

-Dan

Originally Posted by Stage_3
BINGO! I would never get a Bama tune for my car. They're just "generic" tunes that they throw together. No thanks.
FWIW,.....Lund, VMP, and AED do great tunes. Good luck Mike and let us know why route you went.
Our tunes are not just "generic" tunes. Each and every tune is built completely custom from the ground up for your specific mods and driving style. We write our tunes just as custom as the other tuning companies that you listed above. If you'd like to give Bama a shot, let me know and I'll gladly send you a free tune to try out and let me know what you think! I honestly think you would be impressed. I run a Bama 93 Race tune on my 2011 GT and have had great results and absolutely no issues. My car made 426 RWHP with bolt ons and a Bama tune! I also ran 11.87@119 in the quarter mile on a 90* day. The tune definitely performs up to my standards!

For every tune that we send out we ask you 19 questions that will allow us to get all the information we need on your Mustang. This information allows us to write a completely custom tune that is only unique to your Mustang!

I hope this helps. Please let me know if you have any questions or need some assistance. I'd be glad to help you out!

-Dan
Old 1/9/14, 10:13 AM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Stage_3
I guess I was being a bit "harsh". They are "general" tunes, which still suck.
This is 3 cars now that have Bama tunes that had been bad.
Yikes, 3 bad tunes is not good feedback. However, I appreciate you bringing it to my attention! Please shoot me a PM with either links or forums names etc.. to these three customers so that I can reach out to them personally and get them squared away!

I know it's not your job to help me out here but I would really appreciate it! I will always bend over backwards to make sure each and every customer is satisfied and happy with our service.

-Dan
Old 1/9/14, 10:23 AM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by jmaStang
Hopefully the AM reps on here can get a word in. And lol at "hot air intake."
I wish I would have got a word in weeks ago! I feel terrible that I didn't get to play a bigger part in this thread. There's just thousands of threads across all of the forums so every once in a while something is going to slip by. For the OP's sake, I'm extremely sorry that this thread was one of them.

I'm working on resolving the OP's issue as we speak and will make sure that he is in good hands. Weather it's making sure his tune is sorted out, refunding him etc.. I will make sure he is in good hands. I'll even pay for him to get his car dyno tuned by someone else at this point to show him that we value his friendship greatly.

We've always been a company that you guys can depend on and our customers understand that if you ever have an issue that it will be taken care of right away! I don't want this one bad thread to change that image. I give you my word that if you ever have an issue I will make sure you're taken care of. If I miss the thread (which I shouldn't), shoot me a PM or even an email! You can reach me directly at dan[dot]bailer[at]americanmuscle[dot]com any time.

-Dan

Originally Posted by MADSCOTSMAN
I have an AIRAID CAI and just recently purchased an inTune from AM with the BAMA tunes for life. The only negative effects I have had from the tunes BAMA has provided to me, are rediculously more power, throttle response, firm shifting that can break the tires loose 1-2 and 2-3 at WOT and the car wanting to come unglued when I peg it, making me want to poop my pants !!!!

Of course this has led to severe faical cramping because I can't get the CHIT-eating grin off my face every time I drive my car now .
Thank you for the awesome feedback. I'm glad to hear you're really enjoying your Bama tune. One thing always leads to another with these cars and next thing you know we spent all of our money on car parts! I have a problem with that on a weekly basis.

Feel free to hit me up directly if you ever have any issues or need some assistance! I'm only a PM away.

-Dan
Old 1/9/14, 10:46 AM
Former Vendor

figit,

I want to apologize as well for not coming across this thread sooner! As Chris & Dan mention, we'll absolutely be taking care of yourself and anyone else in need, within the thread. We were able to locate your information and will be calling you shortly!

Just wanted to give you a heads up, so we can get this resolved ASAP!

Shane
Old 1/9/14, 10:53 AM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by woodzusa
Some hate going on in this thread. Yikes. That would be irritating to have that many errors with a tune.
I'm running a bama tune on my GT with cat deletes and Steeda intake. No issues so far. No knock or anything. I've played around with the 87 street and 91 performance and 91 race. I haven't data logged it to see where the A/F is. I ran a bama tune on my 2011 V6 and had zero issues.
Originally Posted by kingofsting
No issues with my Bama tuned 13 GT. I've been shopping from AM for years now, and will only buy big ticket items (hood, rims) from them because of how much I trust them and how excellent their customer service has been.I've had minor issues with them over the years (wrong item shipped once, confusion about replacing defective Lloyd mats, and an order that was processed but not shipped for several weeks) and each and every time they came through and made it right.

Thanks for the great feedback guys! We really appreciate your business and loyalty. It's really great to see that you guys come to us because of our excellent customer service!

Please feel free to hit me up directly if you ever have any questions or need some assistance!

-Dan

Originally Posted by Thamac15
I've only used VMP for tunes so I have no opinion on BAMA. However, I see they do a lot of CAI tunes so I'm sure that's their focus. I wouldn't trust then for my supercharged car that's for sure.
Yes, we do focus mainly on bolt on cars. We don't remotely tune Supercharged cars or Mustangs with big Nitrous shots. We recommend taking those type of builds to be dyno tuned so that the car can be in front of the tuner! It's tough to tune a Boosted or Nitrous car (over a 100 shot) remotely.

Please let me know if you ever have any interest in a Bama tune and I'll gladly hook you up. I hope you're enjoying your current tune also!

-Dan

Last edited by AMDanBailer; 1/9/14 at 10:54 AM.
Old 1/9/14, 10:58 AM
Bullitt Member

A free tuner and a tune. Now that is stepping up
Since I already have the bama tune, I've been looking at your side scoops. Care to let me demo them . Your supercharger section needs more feedback, again I would be willing to add a TVS to my car (I'll pay for shipping)
Old 1/9/14, 10:58 AM
Former Vendor

I had a Bama tune for a month before I shelled out the cash for an AED tune. The Bama tune was "ok". It certainly picked up more power, but the drive-ability wasn't the best which really became apparent once I loaded my AED tune in. The car felt doggy at part throttle, and @ WOT it was running fairly rich, a little richer than it needed to be.

Was a super conservative/safe tune though, for those paranoid about the #8 issue. However i'll always recommend aed, lund, vmp, or jpc or a REAL tune
I'm sorry to hear that you didn't have good luck with the Bama tune. We do write our tunes on the conservative side so that we don't put your car at risk! We can make the tune more aggressive at request, just hit the Bama team up directly and they'll help you out!

Did you end up getting a refund on the Bama tune? If not, shoot me a PM with your order number and I'll make sure you're refunded.

Please let me know if you have any questions for me or need some assistance.

-Dan
Old 1/9/14, 11:00 AM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by woodzusa
A free tuner and a tune. Now that is stepping up
Since I already have the bama tune, I've been looking at your side scoops. Care to let me demo them . Your supercharger section needs more feedback, again I would be willing to add a TVS to my car (I'll pay for shipping)
That sounds great! I'd love for you to Demo the Side Scoops. Shoot me a PM with your shipping address, Color code and Year. I'll get them sent out to you right away! This ones on me.

-Dan
Old 1/9/14, 11:05 AM
Bullitt Member

Are you serious?? Wow! That is awesome. If I am ever up at AM HQ, don't be surprised if you get loved tenderly. j/k
Old 1/9/14, 11:09 AM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by CiniZter
I was skeptical to go with bama tune for my auto 13 after seeing lot of bad reviews on automatic tunes. However i dd go with bama race 93 tune till I get my sc. I m happy camper, car is definitely behaving good, nice shifts. And their free of life is add advantage till I get into the dark side.
I'm glad to hear you didn't get steered away from Bama and that you're really enjoying your tune so far! Thanks for the feedback, we really appreciate it.

What Supercharger do you plan on going with for your Coyote? I'd love to hear about your build!

-Dan

Originally Posted by Thamac15
I'm surprised he hasn't chimed in. He's been active the last few days in other threads.
Originally Posted by CiniZter
^i was wondering the same.. he is usually on top of these things quick.
Hey Guys,

Like I said I'm really sorry that I missed this thread. I'm very active on all of the forums and do my best to get to every question/issue! I really wish I could spend 24 hours on the forums with you guys lending a hand and making sure you're always in good hands.

I don't want you to get a bad taste in your mouth because of this thread. I scan every single forum on a daily basis. I know even if I resolved a hundred issues since this thread was posted, missing this one thread doesn't look good on us! I'm going to work even harder now to make sure this doesn't happen again. I appreciate all of your patience while we found this thread and tackle every issue head on.

-Dan
Old 1/9/14, 11:17 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
And I would say Bama showed up and took care of business! I would also like to volunteer to give feedback on a blower. : )

I will be getting a tune for my car after I get a few thousand miles on it and I will be giving Bama a call.

Quick Reply: BAMA round 2 = Fail