Notices
5.0L GT Modifications Placeholder for future motor based GT's modifications.

BAMA round 2 = Fail

Search this Thread

Old 1/23/14, 10:41 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by typesredline

I know right? Way to take a completely valid post and twist it into a ridiculous mockery. Just accept that some if not most have had bad experiences and that fact doesn't make them wrong or stupid.
On a serious note. I'm sure out of thousands of customers clearly your going to have issues and some unhappy customers. Shane, Dan and Chris bend over backwards to make things right and straight for customers. They try to find out what went wrong and make it right for them. To my knowledge, neither of them are the owners or President of AM and have guidelines too follow.

Do mistakes happen, sure but these guys go above and beyond to help straighten up these mishaps and a certain few still question their kind doings. Because Shane or Dan can't just send out a free wind what ever doesn't mean AM is the devil.

I do praise AM because I think when it comes to a company, they do a great job and provide good quality products, fair pricing on many parts and great customer service. I don't believe AM would leave someone out to dry. Is AM the cheapest on all their parts. Nope, So give AM the opportunity to price match and if they can't go that low, buy from the other company. No hard feelings.

If people are not happy with bama, go buy another tune. Steeda, MPT, Lund, VMP, AED, to name a few. There are tons out there if one is not happy with bama.
Old 1/24/14, 06:39 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
So I was reading thru all of this mess because I was considering a tune for my 3.7 mustang. I have read many other threads about people having issues not just with Bama tunes but many "email tunes". I think the best way is for me to get a custom tune so that it is correct the first time.

I love AM so far but have only dealt with them for the past 2 months. From reading everything, I see that they are trying. You are just not going to make some people happy. I applaud their efforts because in reality, most companies would just issue a refund and that would be the end of it. If I purchased a product as costly as a bama tuner from any company and it did not work then I would expect a refund and that would be that. Something even as small as sweatshirts as a wedding gift should be appreciated. There is no such thing as a free lunch, so someone paid for those sweatshirts. I read where they gave tuners and tunes to people to try out. That is awesome but even I knew that once they gave away those gifts, others will chime in and want for themselves which is sad but to be expected. I just wanted to put my two cents in and I hope AM guys keep up the work they are doing which is above and beyond.
Old 1/24/14, 07:42 AM
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by TheDivaDanielle
there's a foot of snow on the ground. It's January and I just missed three weeks of pay being on vacation. Last thing in my budget is a wind deflector. so i can't even take your "discount"
We're doing our best to make everyone happy and I'm working hard to do whatever I can for you guys. However, I have to apply by rules also and I'm doing more than I'm authorized to do already.

-Dan

Originally Posted by killaz05
So I was reading thru all of this mess because I was considering a tune for my 3.7 mustang. I have read many other threads about people having issues not just with Bama tunes but many "email tunes". I think the best way is for me to get a custom tune so that it is correct the first time.

I love AM so far but have only dealt with them for the past 2 months. From reading everything, I see that they are trying. You are just not going to make some people happy. I applaud their efforts because in reality, most companies would just issue a refund and that would be the end of it. If I purchased a product as costly as a bama tuner from any company and it did not work then I would expect a refund and that would be that. Something even as small as sweatshirts as a wedding gift should be appreciated. There is no such thing as a free lunch, so someone paid for those sweatshirts. I read where they gave tuners and tunes to people to try out. That is awesome but even I knew that once they gave away those gifts, others will chime in and want for themselves which is sad but to be expected. I just wanted to put my two cents in and I hope AM guys keep up the work they are doing which is above and beyond.
Thank you for being so understanding, we appreciate the kind words. Let me know if I can be of any assistance for you!

-Dan
Old 1/24/14, 08:10 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Well said killaz05
Old 1/24/14, 08:44 AM
I Have No Life

Received 172 Likes on 145 Posts

Valid points.

However, I think what you and AM are neglecting to see is that, at this point, it's not even about the refund, or free stuff. Others (certainly not I) don't even care about the refund or the free stuff... please none of that. I'm wayyyyyyyyy beyond that. As I stated before, I don't want a refund. I'd rather just move on. Tbh, what it really is, is the prompt and attentive "customer service" that is severely lacking. True, maybe some folks have experienced great customer service, fanstastic...great for them. But that's not the whole "picture", nor is it representative of everyone's experience.

But if you read back in this thread (and many OTHER threads), how many folks have had issues with their products and have contacted them either through phone calls, threads, or even PM's, and have heard NOTHING? Heck, even asking for a discount code through PM doesn't garner a response, even after repeated PM's. And their excuse is "we missed it, don't know how we missed this thread, oh we're so busy on other threads, etc etc". Ok, that's fine. But to call that "bending over backwards for their customers" is foolish at best. Sure, they'll bend over backwards to attempt to "damage control" and give free stuff once the damage is done... but I tell you what, at that point, the customer is ALREADY frustrated, pissed off, and ready to move on. Too Late. NOT a very good way to satisfy, gain new, and retain existing customers. Business 101. Be PROactive, not REactive.

And more importantly, other vendors on here and online (like Hypermotive) for example, truly, "go above and beyond" for their customers by being RESPONSIVE and ATTENTIVE and PROMPT, and address concerns BEFORE they escalate.

Last edited by FromZto5; 1/24/14 at 08:53 AM.
Old 1/24/14, 09:11 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by FromZto5
Valid points.

However, I think what you and AM are neglecting to see is that, at this point, it's not even about the refund, or free stuff. Others (certainly not I) don't even care about the refund. I'm wayyyyyyyyy beyond that. As I stated before, I don't want a refund. I'd rather just move on. Tbh, what it really is, is the prompt and attentive "customer service" that is severely lacking. True, maybe some folks have experienced great customer service, fanstastic...great for them. But that's not the whole "picture", nor is it representative of everyone's experience.

But if you read back in this thread (and many OTHER threads), how many folks have had issues with their products and have contacted them either through phone calls, threads, or even PM's, and have heard NOTHING? Heck, even asking for a discount code through PM doesn't garner a response, even after repeated PM's. And their excuse is "we missed it, don't know how we missed this thread, oh we're so busy on other threads, etc etc". Ok, that's fine. But to call that "bending over backwards for their customers" is foolish at best. Sure, they'll bend over backwards to attempt to "damage control" and give free stuff once the damage is done... but I tell you what, at that point, the customer is ALREADY frustrated, pissed off, and ready to move on. Too Late. NOT a very good way to satisfy and retain customers. Business 101. Be PROactive, not REactive.

And more importantly, other vendors on here and online (like Hypermotive) for example, truly, "go above and beyond" for their customers by being RESPONSIVE and ATTENTIVE and PROMPT, and address concerns BEFORE they escalate.
I agree with your points and I am unsure if you were burned by AM before but I hope you also look at the fact that this is a forum and most of the posts you will find on here are complaints rather than good stories. That goes for most of the forums I have become involved in. It makes you think, wow... that (insert company or product) must have issues if all of these people are having problems. It is what the company does afterwords and it becomes damage control when the thread gets to the point AM chimed in. I would like to think it was bad timing with the holidays and such but can that be used as an excuse

I read many threads about people trying to call or PM and supposedly get no where but I don't understand how calling gets you no where. With that kind of money being spent, I would be all over them to make it right and I WILL have it made right. Perhaps it is all of my experience with Dell and getting them to fix their computers The main point out of this thread I hope is that the OP gets satisfied. AM doesn't have to do what they have been doing here but lets be honest, they get a ton more business than just the mustang owners on this forum. For people just looking for parts, AM is usually the first to pop up on a search engine. It says something that even if damage control, there are signs of some effort to the customer. One day I might have an issue with something from AM but I know it will be rectified promptly because I have no problem making things a huge issue if my hard earned money is involved. Maybe it is me but I trust no company and if there are issues, I document everything. I keep email trails and make sure I am protected as a customer. Should we have to do this? Probably not but unfortunately it has come to this these days.
Old 1/24/14, 09:28 AM
I Have No Life

I agree with your points and I am unsure if you were burned by AM before but I hope you also look at the fact that this is a forum and most of the posts you will find on here are complaints rather than good stories. That goes for most of the forums I have become involved in. It makes you think, wow... that (insert company or product) must have issues if all of these people are having problems. It is what the company does afterwords and it becomes damage control when the thread gets to the point AM chimed in. I would like to think it was bad timing with the holidays and such but can that be used as an excuse

I read many threads about people trying to call or PM and supposedly get no where but I don't understand how calling gets you no where. With that kind of money being spent, I would be all over them to make it right and I WILL have it made right. Perhaps it is all of my experience with Dell and getting them to fix their computers The main point out of this thread I hope is that the OP gets satisfied. AM doesn't have to do what they have been doing here but lets be honest, they get a ton more business than just the mustang owners on this forum. For people just looking for parts, AM is usually the first to pop up on a search engine. It says something that even if damage control, there are signs of some effort to the customer. One day I might have an issue with something from AM but I know it will be rectified promptly because I have no problem making things a huge issue if my hard earned money is involved. Maybe it is me but I trust no company and if there are issues, I document everything. I keep email trails and make sure I am protected as a customer. Should we have to do this? Probably not but unfortunately it has come to this these days.
That's valid Anthony... I appreciate your candor. But I hope you know what I mean too.

But yes to your question, I stated earlier in this thread. I've had experiences with them both as a customer, a potential customer, and a member of this forum, that I don't need to go into. I just move on. Plenty other vendors that I feel surpass them.

Last edited by FromZto5; 1/24/14 at 09:29 AM.
Old 1/24/14, 10:04 AM
Cobra R Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Sorry to hear you're having issues still!
I've been running bama tunes for a few years now and never had any issues.
But I have a 3v so my experience may be different, runs great!
Old 1/24/14, 10:34 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

I'm not aware of all these other email tunes having issues so respectfully please educate me. I run Bama, Steeda and MPT email tunes and they all run perfect. If you have reserve about an email tune then go get a custom dyno tune as your mentioned. Spend 400 to 500 dollars for one tune and additional fees for future tunes for additional bolt on mods. Nothing wrong with that bro if you feel more comfortable about it. I'm a huge fan of email custom tunes such as Steeda, bama and MPT. I also read amazing things about Lund , AED and VMP email tunes however I don't have first hand knowledge about those.
Old 1/24/14, 11:20 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue
I'm not aware of all these other email tunes having issues so respectfully please educate me. I run Bama, Steeda and MPT email tunes and they all run perfect. If you have reserve about an email tune then go get a custom dyno tune as your mentioned. Spend 400 to 500 dollars for one tune and additional fees for future tunes for additional bolt on mods. Nothing wrong with that bro if you feel more comfortable about it. I'm a huge fan of email custom tunes such as Steeda, bama and MPT. I also read amazing things about Lund , AED and VMP email tunes however I don't have first hand knowledge about those.
Well like I stated in an earlier post, as with most forums you are usually only going to read the bad about a product. I have read people having problems with the Steeda tunes, MPT, etc. but for those few that have problems I am sure there are a bunch that have no problems at all. I'm not dissing an email tune, however... my plans for mustang will be to get a tune after my exhaust, CAI, Throttle body, gears, and wheels have been modified. I could get an email tune so as to update it as I go along and I may if my funds dictate that is feasible. There is a good performance shop here that I deal with and they have worked with me in the past. Time will tell what I end up doing but having a custom tune after all mods are done seems to be one of the least problematic options.
Old 1/24/14, 11:45 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
I moved on as well. After 3 tried to get the the bama 93 octane tune right I went with a custom dyno tune. Except for a procharger, all of my engine mods are completed so I didnt mind spending the coin. What I did mind was the fairly rude replies I received on the phone when I called bama directly about my issues. Do I want a refund or free swag? Nope. I moved on. Sold my tuner at a loss but oh well. Of course I will continue to use American Muscle as my go to parts vendor as I still have a few appearance mods to do.

Last edited by V6 Driver; 1/24/14 at 11:55 AM.
Old 1/24/14, 12:18 PM
Bullitt Member

I've read some back and forth about getting free stuff, etc, etc.

I was the individual that was jokingly asking for side scoops ad was offered them to me from AM. Now, I do not like getting free things (really do not). I usually feel obligated to do something in return. Which is why I went that same day and ordered Roush Side splitters and a stripe kit.

First off, I have only dealt with AM a limited time. Their service has been good so far. The tune I am running from Bama does surge a little, but I have not done any data logging so that is my fault.

Now back to the free stuff. While I was blown away that they would offer such a thing, that item never arrived. It seems like something similar has happened to others to include Diva. I don't expect anything from a company to include free items. It was a nice gesture which is why I went and bought some products that day from them.

I don't really care that I did not receive the scoops. As stated earlier, I even decided that they would probably not look good. The whole point is, don't blow smoke. If I had received a PM saying they could knock off $$ for them then I would have most likely bought them at the time.

Again, no disappointment with not receiving any free stuff. Just saying don't say one thing and not deliver . That goes for any company or service.

I will most likely still buy things from them if they are the cheapest.
Old 1/24/14, 01:04 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Well like I stated in an earlier post, as with most forums you are usually only going to read the bad about a product. I have read people having problems with the Steeda tunes, MPT, etc. but for those few that have problems I am sure there are a bunch that have no problems at all. I'm not dissing an email tune, however... my plans for mustang will be to get a tune after my exhaust, CAI, Throttle body, gears, and wheels have been modified. I could get an email tune so as to update it as I go along and I may if my funds dictate that is feasible. There is a good performance shop here that I deal with and they have worked with me in the past. Time will tell what I end up doing but having a custom tune after all mods are done seems to be one of the least problematic options.
That's what's great. So many options out there for us. Some want and need a custom dyno tune and some only need and want a custom email tune. Plenty of choices out there. For me, I'll be sticking with my custom email tunes from bama, Steeda and MPT.
Old 1/24/14, 04:11 PM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by V6 Driver
I moved on as well. After 3 tried to get the the bama 93 octane tune right I went with a custom dyno tune. Except for a procharger, all of my engine mods are completed so I didnt mind spending the coin. What I did mind was the fairly rude replies I received on the phone when I called bama directly about my issues. Do I want a refund or free swag? Nope. I moved on. Sold my tuner at a loss but oh well. Of course I will continue to use American Muscle as my go to parts vendor as I still have a few appearance mods to do.
V6 Driver,

I'm sorry that you had a poor response from one of the Bama members. It sounds like this happened a while ago, or I would try to find the phone recording in our records. I'm assuming you don't have the information of the exact day you called? If you do, I'd really appreciate if you could send me your phone number and the date of your call. I should be able to find the recording if it was less than 3-4 months ago.

I'm glad we still have your business with parts though. If there's anything else I can help you with, please let me know!

Shane

Originally Posted by woodzusa
I've read some back and forth about getting free stuff, etc, etc.

I was the individual that was jokingly asking for side scoops ad was offered them to me from AM. Now, I do not like getting free things (really do not). I usually feel obligated to do something in return. Which is why I went that same day and ordered Roush Side splitters and a stripe kit.

First off, I have only dealt with AM a limited time. Their service has been good so far. The tune I am running from Bama does surge a little, but I have not done any data logging so that is my fault.

Now back to the free stuff. While I was blown away that they would offer such a thing, that item never arrived. It seems like something similar has happened to others to include Diva. I don't expect anything from a company to include free items. It was a nice gesture which is why I went and bought some products that day from them.

I don't really care that I did not receive the scoops. As stated earlier, I even decided that they would probably not look good. The whole point is, don't blow smoke. If I had received a PM saying they could knock off $$ for them then I would have most likely bought them at the time.

Again, no disappointment with not receiving any free stuff. Just saying don't say one thing and not deliver . That goes for any company or service.

I will most likely still buy things from them if they are the cheapest.
Hey woodzusa,

I 100% agree with the points made above. Especially the part about going through with your word and not blowing smoke. As that will quickly lose the respect of whomever one's bluffing with false promises. I'm proud to say this is something we do NOT practice or find acceptable.

I'm sorry for the delay with your side scoops! However they're still on their way to your house. When we promised you a set, we truly meant it and sent them out the next day. However, there was a glitch in the ordering system and the Billing address got copied over your home Shipping address.

What ended up happening is the scoops were shipped out from the warehouse, went to UPS in West Chester, PA, than were literally shipped back to Dan's desk at our headquarters in Malvern, PA. Once Dan received the package at his office desk, he forwarded the package to the Administrative Assistant, who than shipped the package by hand via USPS.

USPS can be kind of slow for sure, but it was shipped out sometime Monday the 13th. I would expect it to be delivered to your home any day now. You'll have to let me know when you receive it. I'll also ask if the administrative assistance has the tracking number, come Monday morning when she's available.

Just to show I'm not making anything up. The initial UPS tracking # was- 1Z384T0T0344562088

Shane

Last edited by AMWill; 1/24/14 at 04:16 PM.
Old 1/25/14, 07:59 PM
CVH
Bullitt Member

Update: I received the tuner replacement. Bama sent it out overnight, it showed up with no tunes on it, ok i have them saved. But no updated files. The replacement just wouldn't work. The SCT wireless itSX dongle tuner is just not ready to be sold. After trial and error with over 7 devices running ioS platforms and a couple tuner dongles, I could not get my car to start from last night to this evening. It just wouldn't take the any tune completely. No matter how many variations of pairing, power cycling, and restoring. I tried them all. It took a full day.
Bells and whistles went off, gauges spinning, all sorts of readouts cycling on the dash. It was a scary day. After finding an iPhone with ioS6 on it, I was able to return to stock. I pooped myself. The software states compatible with all devices.
So in conclusion, I am sending both units back. I don't want either of them after that experience. And reading the latest reviews of the software, seems like I'm not the only one. I have not tried this dongle with an android device. I have tried to contact the software developer numerous times in the past/present with no response. There is horrible support for this device.
I am replacing both units for a SF3 wired tuner. I have used this model tuner for another pony with no issues. BAMA will send this out Monday. So this pony sits until then!
So, I'm wondering if this was a complete tuner issue? I will load previous tunes when the replacement shows up and update with results.
::headslap::
Stay tuned......

Last edited by CVH; 1/25/14 at 08:15 PM.
Old 1/25/14, 08:20 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally Posted by CVH
Update: I received the tuner replacement. Bama sent it out overnight, it showed up with no tunes on it, ok i have them saved. But no updated files. The replacement just wouldn't work. The SCT wireless itSX dongle tuner is just not ready to be sold. After trial and error with over 7 devices running ioS platforms and a couple tuner dongles, I could not get my car to start from last night to this evening. It just wouldn't take the any tune completely. No matter how many variations of pairing, power cycling, and restoring. I tried them all. It took a full day.
Bells and whistles went off, gauges spinning, all sorts of readouts cycling on the dash. It was a scary day. After finding an iPhone with ioS6 on it, I was able to return to stock. I pooped myself. The software states compatible with all devices.
So in conclusion, I am sending both units back. I don't want either of them after that experience. And reading the latest reviews of the software, seems like I'm not the only one. I have not tried this dongle with an android device. I have tried to contact the software developer numerous times in the past/present with no response. There is horrible support for this device.
I am replacing both units for a SF3 wired tuner. I have used this model tuner for another pony with no issues. BAMA will send this out Monday. So this pony sits until then!
So, I'm wondering if this was a complete tuner issue? I will load previous tunes when the replacement shows up and update with results.
::headslap::
Stay tuned......
I have the wire Sct Sf3 and never any issues. No need for wireless. The wire works flawlessly.
Old 1/25/14, 08:27 PM
CVH
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue

I have the wire Sct Sf3 and never any issues. No need for wireless. The wire works flawlessly.
I had a need for it. Custom installation. The goPoint dongle works flawlessly for live readouts. Now I just have to wait until next week sometime.
Good thing I have a grocery getter
Attached Thumbnails BAMA round 2 = Fail-image-2283714281.jpg  

Last edited by CVH; 1/25/14 at 10:47 PM.
Old 1/25/14, 08:50 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
I have had troubles with my iTSX too. SCT has zero support for it, and their tech support is only open 8-5, M-F. So basically if you work, you can't talk to them. They sorely need to update the software on that thing. Luckily I only have it on my Escape, and I have an older iPod touch just for that car, that I use the tuner with. My tune is loaded, but I'm pretty sure I'm not going to be able to ever get it back to stock....
Old 1/26/14, 06:36 AM
I Have No Life

Originally Posted by CVH
Update: I received the tuner replacement. Bama sent it out overnight, it showed up with no tunes on it, ok i have them saved. But no updated files. The replacement just wouldn't work. The SCT wireless itSX dongle tuner is just not ready to be sold. After trial and error with over 7 devices running ioS platforms and a couple tuner dongles, I could not get my car to start from last night to this evening. It just wouldn't take the any tune completely. No matter how many variations of pairing, power cycling, and restoring. I tried them all. It took a full day. Bells and whistles went off, gauges spinning, all sorts of readouts cycling on the dash. It was a scary day. After finding an iPhone with ioS6 on it, I was able to return to stock. I pooped myself. The software states compatible with all devices. So in conclusion, I am sending both units back. I don't want either of them after that experience. And reading the latest reviews of the software, seems like I'm not the only one. I have not tried this dongle with an android device. I have tried to contact the software developer numerous times in the past/present with no response. There is horrible support for this device. I am replacing both units for a SF3 wired tuner. I have used this model tuner for another pony with no issues. BAMA will send this out Monday. So this pony sits until then! So, I'm wondering if this was a complete tuner issue? I will load previous tunes when the replacement shows up and update with results. ::headslap:: Stay tuned......
Wow what a cluster.
Old 1/26/14, 09:22 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
My iTSX died a couple of weeks ago. SCT gave me an RMA And swapped it out for a new one. It was almost 2 years old and out of warranty too. The even updated the new device with old serial number so my tunes still worked without getting updated ones.

If I did it over again I would just get a wired unit.

Also I've tried both. IOS software better than android.

Last edited by dmhines; 1/26/14 at 09:24 AM.

Quick Reply: BAMA round 2 = Fail