Notices
5.0L GT Modifications Placeholder for future motor based GT's modifications.

BAMA round 2 = Fail

Search this Thread

Old 12/25/13, 09:35 AM
I Have No Life

Received 172 Likes on 145 Posts
Originally Posted by Thamac15
I've only used VMP for tunes so I have no opinion on BAMA. However, I see they do a lot of CAI tunes so I'm sure that's their focus. I wouldn't trust then for my supercharged car that's for sure.
Yepper agree
Old 12/26/13, 06:30 AM
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
We offer CAI/ tuner/ tune combos that come with VMP tunes. I try to convince everyone of my customers to stick with a company that bases their business around tuning. Easier and cheaper isn't better.
Old 12/26/13, 09:34 AM
I Have No Life

Originally Posted by Jay@Hypermotive
We offer CAI/ tuner/ tune combos that come with VMP tunes. I try to convince everyone of my customers to stick with a company that bases their business around tuning. Easier and cheaper isn't better.
I agree jay... And from my interactions with your company, I can say that you handle your business and customer relationships MUCH different than many "big" name companies mentioned in this thread and others on this forum. Kudos to you.
Old 12/28/13, 11:39 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
So what was the end result?
Old 12/28/13, 02:44 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So what was the end result?
We have been out of town for the past week but while we were gone I touched base with Fred again over at evo performance regarding their Jon Lund tunes. I decided to go with them and should have the tune by EOD Monday. I've got to circle back with the guys at PSI Proformance about getting back on the dyno but I don't anticipate waiting more than a few days so once we can make some pulls, I'll post up the results.

Thanks again for all of your feedback guys!
Old 12/28/13, 05:44 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I've used Steeda, C&L, and Bama tunes on my '12 GT and the Bama one has by far been the best for both drivability and power.

Once I get my blower installed I'm sure I'll end up with Lund or AED.

Like other have said, every car will react slightly different. What works great on one car may not work so well on another.
Old 12/29/13, 09:43 AM
Roush Forum Stalker

Received 1,712 Likes on 1,219 Posts
Originally Posted by figit
We have been out of town for the past week but while we were gone I touched base with Fred again over at evo performance regarding their Jon Lund tunes. I decided to go with them and should have the tune by EOD Monday.
Good choice!
Good luck and let us know how you made out.
Old 12/30/13, 12:34 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Very good thread to read through! Thanks for posting it and good luck with the new tune. Please post results of your numbers and your feedback too.
Old 12/30/13, 01:59 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
I was skeptical to go with bama tune for my auto 13 after seeing lot of bad reviews on automatic tunes. However i dd go with bama race 93 tune till I get my sc. I m happy camper, car is definitely behaving good, nice shifts. And their free of life is add advantage till I get into the dark side.
Old 12/31/13, 12:14 AM
GT Member

Custom dyno tune was the best thing I've done for my car.
Old 12/31/13, 12:22 AM
Currently a Corvette Owner!

Received 48 Likes on 42 Posts
Originally Posted by PJRManagement
Thanks for sharing, Mike. This TMS Forum is great for help in so many areas. And when users take the time to share their experiences (both good and bad), it can be very helpful to others. Your saga sounds painful. Shame on AM for not making it right. Did you kick it up the flagpole at AM to a Supervisor? Or to the AM user on TMS (I think they have someone)?
---
Hey Mike, if you wish to pursue with the American Muscle user on TMS, his Profile Name is AMDanBailer. Hopefully he can help you with a fix or a refund.
Old 12/31/13, 06:30 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by PJRManagement
--- Hey Mike, if you wish to pursue with the American Muscle user on TMS, his Profile Name is AMDanBailer. Hopefully he can help you with a fix or a refund.
I'm surprised he hasn't chimed in. He's been active the last few days in other threads.
Old 12/31/13, 06:34 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
^i was wondering the same.. he is usually on top of these things quick.
Old 12/31/13, 11:15 AM
CVH
Bullitt Member

hit or miss

Man, its like hit or miss with them. My tune is referring to my '13 3.7L and I just received my revised R tune this morning, loaded it, and disappointed again.
When your butt feels the loss, there is def a loss.
I purchased the tunes for life package with my iTSX wireless tuner. When I upgrade performance parts, I order a new tune. Every tune I have had from them, is a completely different written tune. I realize that they do not modify a tune you were recently running, but instead give you a whole new tune, maybe written by a different programmer, starting all over again with different shift firmness/points, etc.
I wish they would just modify my existing tune.
I would even offer to email it my existing tune back, if they can not find it on file.
Steeda is so close to my residence, I may take a ride and see what they can offer.

Last edited by CVH; 12/31/13 at 11:17 AM.
Old 12/31/13, 12:41 PM
I Have No Life

I'm surprised he hasn't chimed in. He's been active the last few days in other threads.
Originally Posted by CiniZter
^i was wondering the same.. he is usually on top of these things quick.
From what I've seen, they're quick to respond to praises and other discussions, but when it comes to criticism and feedback and caring for customers, they always seem to fade away. Like I said, they're a big name company, but I'm not impressed with their (lack of) customer service. Other vendors on here, are much more worthy.
Old 12/31/13, 12:47 PM
Post *****

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by FromZto5
From what I've seen, they're quick to respond to praises and other discussions, but when it comes to criticism and feedback and caring for customers, they always seem to fade away. Like I said, they're a big name company, but I'm not impressed with their (lack of) customer service. Other vendors on here, are much more worthy.
Taking up a customer service/problem issue on a forum is pointless. Turns into a gossip/whine fest where no one wins.
Call or email them direct for specific issues until you get it resolved. I'm sure they are more than willing to fix problems.
Old 12/31/13, 02:26 PM
Bullitt Member

"Custom dyno tune was the best thing I've done for my car"

+1
Old 12/31/13, 02:29 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts
Originally Posted by cdynaco
Taking up a customer service/problem issue on a forum is pointless. Turns into a gossip/whine fest where no one wins. Call or email them direct for specific issues until you get it resolved. I'm sure they are more than willing to fix problems.
Unfortunately, this is incorrect. I had issues with a vendor and they were slow to respond. It came to the point where I was going to replace the part. I asked for recommendations on a different manufacturer of the part that would be superior. All of a sudden, they were very interested in solving the issue. While I dislike threads that end up bashing vendors, it does work. Reputation is everything in sales.
Old 12/31/13, 02:41 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Defiant 5.0
Custom dyno tune was the best thing I've done for my car.
A dyno tune isn't the best way to tune. You don't drive your car on a dyno do you? The best tune is one done on the street with data logging in real world situations.
Old 12/31/13, 03:00 PM
I Have No Life

Originally Posted by cdynaco
Taking up a customer service/problem issue on a forum is pointless. Turns into a gossip/whine fest where no one wins. Call or email them direct for specific issues until you get it resolved. I'm sure they are more than willing to fix problems.
I agree... But what I'm asking for is consistency.

What I mean is, these AM reps are so quick to respond to threads whenever there is either a question posted by someone to the tune of "I'm looking for a part X that does this... What should I get?". Suddenly there's a response almost immediately of something like "oh go with this brand... And by the way, AM sells it". A similar response from AM is garnered when someone posts a thread that says "AM did so well... Kudos to AM they're the best." The AM reps suddenly respond on this thread stating "awwww thanks np problem at all! Let us know how you are liking our product."

HOWEVER, when the thread is something about an ISSUE with AM, they are suddenly mute. You see what's wrong with the picture here?

My point is this, if they're truly present on this forum and really want to contribute to their customers for feedback, then BE CONSISTENT. Don't just speak up when you want to make a sale or when folks speak highly of you. Strive to be a company that listens and caters to customers by being EQUALLY quick to respond when people need you.

That's why I have an issue with them.

Or, another option would be to be equally non responsive to threads that also praise them.... But you watch, they will continue have a big mouth on praise and sale threads, but silent on threads like these (I don't think they responded yet have they???? Lol)

Originally Posted by Mr. V
Unfortunately, this is incorrect. I had issues with a vendor and they were slow to respond. It came to the point where I was going to replace the part. I asked for recommendations on a different manufacturer of the part that would be superior. All of a sudden, they were very interested in solving the issue. While I dislike threads that end up bashing vendors, it does work. Reputation is everything in sales.
Exactly.

Last edited by FromZto5; 12/31/13 at 03:03 PM.

Quick Reply: BAMA round 2 = Fail