5.0L GT Modifications Placeholder for future motor based GT's modifications.

BAMA round 2 = Fail

Search this Thread

Old 1/4/14, 07:19 PM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue
No wiggle, lol but will chirp tires at 40 and 70 mph. The car pulls way hard.
i just realized im driving from a wet road after the snow and 25 degrees out lol.. Does the tune makes it better every-time you drive on it? Or they call it the learning process...
Old 1/4/14, 07:24 PM
Cobra Member

I'm goimg to try out MPT. I won't run it all the time though. Only on occasion. Are ya'll worried it may be to aggressive of a tune and may cause damage in the long run?
Old 1/4/14, 07:28 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by Ajcruz1
I'm goimg to try out MPT. I won't run it all the time though. Only on occasion. Are ya'll worried it may be to aggressive of a tune and may cause damage in the long run?
are you referring to the ghost cam from MPT? The regular tune from them are safe to run all the time but ill be worried with the ghost cam..
Old 1/4/14, 07:33 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue
My MPT tune is a beast.
I've never heard of MPT, it's surprising to see they offer their remote tunes for only $75... My default reaction is to compare this tune to a Chinese prison camp sourced kidney, but then I see their logo consists of a skeleton shooting a bazooka. Taking that into consideration along with your experience with them, I'm thinking maybe their all right : o ) At that price I might just grab a 93 tune from them to throw on when I hit the dyno just to see how it does. If I do, I'll be sure to post up the results.
Old 1/4/14, 07:49 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by ion_arch
are you referring to the ghost cam from MPT? The regular tune from them are safe to run all the time but ill be worried with the ghost cam..
No I was referring to the tunes in general

Originally Posted by figit

I've never heard of MPT, it's surprising to see they offer their remote tunes for only $75... My default reaction is to compare this tune to a Chinese prison camp sourced kidney, but then I see their logo consists of a skeleton shooting a bazooka. Taking that into consideration along with your experience with them, I'm thinking maybe their all right : o ) At that price I might just grab a 93 tune from them to throw on when I hit the dyno just to see how it does. If I do, I'll be sure to post up the results.
Sweet. Please do.
Old 1/6/14, 08:32 AM
GT Member

Ok just a quick update, I've sent another email to BAMA with the latest tune they provided me and the poor dyno results attached. I've asked them for feedback on what they think may have been the issue and to perform any optimizations they may see fit on the latest version of the tune they provided. I want the tune to be the absolute best they can do before testing it against the lund tune. I've got a call into PSI Proformance to see when I can get her back on the dyno.
Old 1/6/14, 09:35 AM
V6 Member

Ok just a quick update, I've sent another email to BAMA with the latest tune they provided me and the poor dyno results attached. I've asked them for feedback on what they think may have been the issue and to perform any optimizations they may see fit on the latest version of the tune they provided. I want the tune to be the absolute best they can do before testing it against the lund tune. I've got a call into PSI Proformance to see when I can get her back on the dyno.
awesome keep us posted..
Old 1/6/14, 10:58 AM
I Have No Life

Received 172 Likes on 145 Posts
Still nothing from am?
Old 1/6/14, 11:53 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Huh... something is amiss here.

AM/Bama have been very responsive and helpful for me and I certainly have never gotten the sense that they don't care.
Old 1/6/14, 12:04 PM
Post *****

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
That said, I've ordered many parts from AM and have NEVER had an issue. Actually 95% of my sig came from them. This was part of the reason why I chose BAMA, my expectations were high and I was confident they'd deliver since they've become an AM exclusive brand/service. I later learned that they aren't the same people... Different numbers and zero cross-talk. You can't call AM and speak to a human about a BAMA tune, you are transferred to another place with totally different hours. .
FWIW, it has been my experience more often than not, that this is prob due to some hack in middle mgmt protecting their butt (like hiding potential losses/additional expenses trying to make their numbers). If I don't get quick response from customer service, I go right to the top dog. I send a Certified Letter to the CEO (or owners). I have yet to have that fail. From WalMart to Warren Buffett and small companies in between. (Naturally the big corp's CEO's don't reply personally but you will get a response from their Corporate staff and now middle mgmt's failure has been exposed and will be monitored.) The head honcho's often are not aware how middle mgmt is blocking proper customer service - and then keeping that info from upper mgmt.
If they are not a public corp where contact info is readily available, search the State's corporation division or sec of state's office. You can usually find the owner and address listed on their assumed business name record. Good luck!

Last edited by cdynaco; 1/6/14 at 12:19 PM.
Old 1/6/14, 01:20 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by cdynaco
FWIW, it has been my experience more often than not, that this is prob due to some hack in middle mgmt protecting their butt (like hiding potential losses/additional expenses trying to make their numbers). If I don't get quick response from customer service, I go right to the top dog.
What he said ^

After being disappointed, I call back to the department and say something like, "They don't pay you enough to listen to what I'm about to start screaming at you, so I wish to cuss at your manager's boss please. Oh, and what is their name and number, and could you please connect me? If not, I'll just call back much angrier." That will usually get things done.

If not, I find who the CEO is, then call and ask to speak to his/her assistant (a very "powerful" person in any organization). An assertive but polite discussion with them does wonders...

...unless it's a government organization or entity; in which case they tell me to go F myself and hang up!
Old 1/6/14, 01:23 PM
I Have No Life

Received 172 Likes on 145 Posts
^ I love that approach...... I will use that next time (the "you don't get paid well enough to take me screaming at you") lol
Old 1/6/14, 02:19 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by FromZto5
^ I love that approach...... I will use that next time (the "you don't get paid well enough to take me screaming at you") lol
I would be that jackass customer service rep that says. Oh no sir. They do pay me plenty to hear you scream at me. Feel free to do so and when your all tired of screaming, I'll just transfer you to another high paid rep who you can yell at all over again. Lol
Old 1/6/14, 05:56 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
FWIW, it has been my experience more often than not, that this is prob due to some hack in middle mgmt protecting their butt (like hiding potential losses/additional expenses trying to make their numbers). If I don't get quick response from customer service, I go right to the top dog. I send a Certified Letter to the CEO (or owners). I have yet to have that fail. From WalMart to Warren Buffett and small companies in between. (Naturally the big corp's CEO's don't reply personally but you will get a response from their Corporate staff and now middle mgmt's failure has been exposed and will be monitored.) The head honcho's often are not aware how middle mgmt is blocking proper customer service - and then keeping that info from upper mgmt.
If they are not a public corp where contact info is readily available, search the State's corporation division or sec of state's office. You can usually find the owner and address listed on their assumed business name record. Good luck!

Yep. There are many ways to go through life being a jerk to get what you want. Sure there are cases where someone's doing a crappy job at your expense and that stinks.... but often, it's not personal and it's probably a misunderstanding...and you could cost someone their job, take food out of the mouths of their children, etc... just to get your way

I'm all for giving people the benefit of the doubt. I'd only pull a power play like that if I had darn good cause to think someone was intentionally being a jerk or straight up negligent...but that's just my Christian upbringing, I guess.
Old 1/6/14, 06:45 PM
CVH
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by MRGTX

Yep. There are many ways to go through life being a jerk to get what you want. Sure there are cases where someone's doing a crappy job at your expense and that stinks.... but often, it's not personal and it's probably a misunderstanding...and you could cost someone their job, take food out of the mouths of their children, etc... just to get your way

I'm all for giving people the benefit of the doubt. I'd only pull a power play like that if I had darn good cause to think someone was intentionally being a jerk or straight up negligent...but that's just my Christian upbringing, I guess.
+1^ I disagree with the negativity.
Bama sent me some lean files. They just are not in Florida and data logging didn't help.
I'm pretty maxed with bolt ons, and a set of final tunes is what I need/want. It just so happens Steeda is 15-20mins from my residence. I will give them a try to tune it in their shop.
Will report back!
Old 1/6/14, 07:20 PM
legacy Tms Member

Received 67 Likes on 32 Posts
didnt read thru the whole thread, but question: if I remember right, 'Doug' that founded Bama was somehow bought out/shoved aside/not allowed to tune for x number of years with a non-compete thing or something?
if so how long until he can go back to tuning cars?

seemed he had a pretty good rep back in the day... or is my lousy memory failing me again
Old 1/6/14, 07:30 PM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts
Originally Posted by ford4v429
didnt read thru the whole thread, but question: if I remember right, 'Doug' that founded Bama was somehow bought out/shoved aside/not allowed to tune for x number of years with a non-compete thing or something? if so how long until he can go back to tuning cars? seemed he had a pretty good rep back in the day... or is my lousy memory failing me again
This is just opinion but he had a grata rep for tunes on the 4.6 3v. One of the best. But he was also swamped with work and that led to a few customer service problems.

From what was stated in posts here.
Old 1/6/14, 07:56 PM
V6 Member

Very well put. Middle Management gets away with far too much in most businesses because the higher ups assume that they are doing the right thing. Most of the time the higher ups have ZERO clue as to what actually goes on in day to day operations in the "front line". CEO's are numbers people, if the numbers are where they need to be, they assume everything is all candy canes and gum drops and don't know any of the sh*t storms that are faught in day-to-day business by the "front line" guys.

Originally Posted by MRGTX

You have a very unrealistic view of today's business world. This is not Mayberry, or some other fantasy tv show.

If someone can't do their job correctly in this day and age and they lose their job, they have no one to blame but themselves. Far too often companies have "dead weight" or "leaches" that don't deserve the positions they have. It's a dog eat dog world out there, if you can't hack it and can't do the job the way it needs to be done, you should be replaced with one of the THOUSANDS of people waiting for the opportunity to prove themselves.

Originally Posted by CVH
+1^ I disagree with the negativity.
Bama sent me some lean files. They just are not in Florida and data logging didn't help.
I'm pretty maxed with bolt ons, and a set of final tunes is what I need/want. It just so happens Steeda is 15-20mins from my residence. I will give them a try to tune it in their shop.
Will report back!
You got sent the average "Bama" poor excuse of a "tune" that was lean (one of the leading causes of tuner engine failures) and your still defending them!?

Look at it like this, if Bama was in the construction/contractor business, there would be a bunch of fire-hazard, non-code approved, un-sound structures out there, would you still defend a company like that?

Last edited by KC Henry; 1/6/14 at 08:02 PM.
Old 1/6/14, 09:15 PM
CVH
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by KC Henry

Very well put. Middle Management gets away with far too much in most businesses because the higher ups assume that they are doing the right thing. Most of the time the higher ups have ZERO clue as to what actually goes on in day to day operations in the "front line". CEO's are numbers people, if the numbers are where they need to be, they assume everything is all candy canes and gum drops and don't know any of the sh*t storms that are faught in day-to-day business by the "front line" guys.

You have a very unrealistic view of today's business world. This is not Mayberry, or some other fantasy tv show.

If someone can't do their job correctly in this day and age and they lose their job, they have no one to blame but themselves. Far too often companies have "dead weight" or "leaches" that don't deserve the positions they have. It's a dog eat dog world out there, if you can't hack it and can't do the job the way it needs to be done, you should be replaced with one of the THOUSANDS of people waiting for the opportunity to prove themselves.

You got sent the average "Bama" poor excuse of a "tune" that was lean (one of the leading causes of tuner engine failures) and your still defending them!?

Look at it like this, if Bama was in the construction/contractor business, there would be a bunch of fire-hazard, non-code approved, un-sound structures out there, would you still defend a company like that?
Get off your thumb. I wasn't defending anybody, but sharing my experience.
Old 1/7/14, 12:07 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Some of you guys appear to be slapping each other around about customer service philosophy, but do agree that Bama has often failed to produce a satisfactory product even after numerous attempts to make it right. At least they received the criticism. But until "the administration" forces me to buy their product, they will not get any of my dollar votes.

I was thinking about trying Steeda, but they have some goofy ordering charge that bugs me, so their a non-starter. Grrrr

I'll be interested to hear how the MPT tunes work out. And, I think I heard that they give you a bazooka or free Chinese kidney with their tunes. Now that's how to market a product! Capitalism is great!

Quick Reply: BAMA round 2 = Fail