Notices
5.0L GT Modifications Placeholder for future motor based GT's modifications.

BAMA round 2 = Fail

Search this Thread

Old 1/26/14, 06:46 PM
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by CVH
Update: I received the tuner replacement. Bama sent it out overnight, it showed up with no tunes on it, ok i have them saved. But no updated files. The replacement just wouldn't work. The SCT wireless itSX dongle tuner is just not ready to be sold. After trial and error with over 7 devices running ioS platforms and a couple tuner dongles, I could not get my car to start from last night to this evening. It just wouldn't take the any tune completely. No matter how many variations of pairing, power cycling, and restoring. I tried them all. It took a full day.
Bells and whistles went off, gauges spinning, all sorts of readouts cycling on the dash. It was a scary day. After finding an iPhone with ioS6 on it, I was able to return to stock. I pooped myself. The software states compatible with all devices.
So in conclusion, I am sending both units back. I don't want either of them after that experience. And reading the latest reviews of the software, seems like I'm not the only one. I have not tried this dongle with an android device. I have tried to contact the software developer numerous times in the past/present with no response. There is horrible support for this device.
I am replacing both units for a SF3 wired tuner. I have used this model tuner for another pony with no issues. BAMA will send this out Monday. So this pony sits until then!
So, I'm wondering if this was a complete tuner issue? I will load previous tunes when the replacement shows up and update with results.
::headslap::
Stay tuned......
CVH,

Man you've really had a rough time with this iTsX! Sorry for all of the inconvenience you've had to go through. Especially since you have that killer iPad mount setup in your center console, it would have been awesome to use the iTsX full time.

Regardless, as you already know you're more than welcome to switch to the SF3 at this point. Also, the Diablosport intune is always an option if you're interested. It may be more up your alley, since it as the ability to show gauges and parameters on the screen.

Let me know if you need any additional assistance setting up the exchange with Bama. Although, I know though'll take care of you!

Shane
Old 1/26/14, 06:52 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by AMShaneLesky
Also, the Diablosport intune is always an option if you're interested. It may be more up your alley, since it as the ability to show gauges and parameters on the screen. Let me know if you need any additional assistance setting up the exchange with Bama. Although, I know though'll take care of you! Shane
I have the Diablosport in tune and love it. It has never fail me and like Shane said it shows you the parameters on the screen when you datalog.
Old 1/27/14, 08:45 AM
CVH
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Ajcruz1

I have the Diablosport in tune and love it. It has never fail me and like Shane said it shows you the parameters on the screen when you datalog.
How long does it take to load the tune to your vehicle? I've heard of a couple pros and cons with the diablo tuner.
Con: long load times , slow processor
Pro: display
Old 1/27/14, 10:29 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by CVH

How long does it take to load the tune to your vehicle? I've heard of a couple pros and cons with the diablo tuner.
Con: long load times , slow processor
Pro: display
Not long to me, about 3-4 min.
Old 1/27/14, 10:35 AM
CVH
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Ajcruz1

Not long to me, about 3-4 min.
That is fast. I heard 20mins from another member.
Old 1/27/14, 10:51 AM
Former Vendor

I'd say 3-5 minutes is the average for the DS Intune uploading speed. There's a lot of guys using it on this forum particularly too. Try a few searches and you'll find even more feedback.

You don't have to go with either, I just wanted to present all of your options. Especially since you seem like an electronics guy.

Let me know what you decide or if I can help with anything else!

Shane
Old 1/27/14, 10:55 AM
CVH
Bullitt Member

I'd say 3-5 minutes is the average for the DS Intune uploading speed. There's a lot of guys using it on this forum particularly too. Try a few searches and you'll find even more feedback.

You don't have to go with either, I just wanted to present all of your options. Especially since you seem like an electronics guy.

Let me know what you decide or if I can help with anything else!

Shane
Thank you! Just hot off the phone. I am setup with the Diablo.
Should be here in a couple days.
I appreciate the help.

There are so many mixed reviews on products. So many variables!
Old 1/27/14, 11:05 AM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by CVH
Thank you! Just hot off the phone. I am setup with the Diablo.
Should be here in a couple days.
I appreciate the help.

There are so many mixed reviews on products. So many variables!
No problem! Glad we're starting to move forward with the Intune. I'm sure you'll enjoy it.

Yes there's a lot of mixed reviews, but that's with any tuner. You'll find hardcore enthusiasts for Diablosport that hate SCT & enthusiasts that love SCT and hate Diablosport. Honestly, read each review with a grain of salt and make your own decision. I don't think you can go wrong here.

Keep me updated when you receive the Intune and try out the new tunes. And of course, don't hesitate to contact me if you have any questions or concerns!

Shane
Old 1/27/14, 11:37 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

No problem! Glad we're starting to move forward with the Intune. I'm sure you'll enjoy it.

Yes there's a lot of mixed reviews, but that's with any tuner. You'll find hardcore enthusiasts for Diablosport that hate SCT & enthusiasts that love SCT and hate Diablosport. Honestly, read each review with a grain of salt and make your own decision. I don't think you can go wrong here.

Keep me updated when you receive the Intune and try out the new tunes. And of course, don't hesitate to contact me if you have any questions or concerns!

Shane
My SCT SF3 corded works perfect every time. Flawless . Lol
Old 1/27/14, 02:31 PM
Cobra Member

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by CVH
Thank you! Just hot off the phone. I am setup with the Diablo. Should be here in a couple days. I appreciate the help. There are so many mixed reviews on products. So many variables!
I was going to go with the InTune when I read about it not leaving a footprint for the dealer. Plus the screen etc. it's been awhile but I think that was debunked. It also doesn't dig as deep as the SCT for custom tuning purposes.

Last edited by typesredline; 1/27/14 at 02:34 PM.
Old 1/27/14, 02:55 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
How I feel.
Attached Thumbnails BAMA round 2 = Fail-image-3775063729.jpg  
Old 1/27/14, 02:59 PM
I Have No Life

Received 172 Likes on 145 Posts
Originally Posted by Thamac15
How I feel.
Hahahaha classic.
Old 1/27/14, 03:03 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue
Hey Shane, One time AM sent me the wrong extra gear oil so I was thinking maybe you could send me a procharger kit for free. You know to make me super happy. Its my birthday this upcoming May so maybe you could send me some free upper and lower control arms. In fact maybe Shane and Dan could send me a free AM a$$ and nut scratcher as a form of good jester.
shot water right of nose

Procharger kit. Lmao
Old 1/27/14, 03:13 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally Posted by Bocefus
shot water right of nose

Procharger kit. Lmao
You know what they say bro. If you don't ask, yee won't get. Lmao.
Old 1/28/14, 02:09 PM

Originally Posted by marty21mar
I called bama and all they said before I can even say anything it's not them can't be has to be the car but it never happen before I out in bama tune so I am going to switch to a lund tune not really happy with the way bama responded.
marty21mar,

Could you shoot me a PM with more details about your call to Bama? I'd like to hear about the full situation, in case there's anything I need to take care of there. If have this info- could you include the person's name you spoke with, date & time you spoke with them? Please let me know the full details of the symptoms you're experiencing too!

If there's anything else I can assist you with, please let me know. I don't want to lose you as a customer!

Shane
I came to this thread from MustangEvolution but I just wanted to weigh in. I have a '13 GT that also has the random issue with the brakes; however, I am not tuned and have never been tuned. I have the exact issue as described by marty21mar. I believe this issue lies with Ford.

The traction control light starts flashing and the car starts pulling right. It lasts maybe ten seconds or less and then goes away. It has only happened to me twice in 18k miles, but both times I was on a straight road and driving casually.
Old 1/28/14, 03:29 PM
Currently a Corvette Owner!

Received 48 Likes on 42 Posts

Shane
---
Hi Shane, I sent you a PM, thanks.
Pete
Old 1/28/14, 04:22 PM
CVH
Bullitt Member

CVH,

Man you've really had a rough time with this iTsX! Sorry for all of the inconvenience you've had to go through. Especially since you have that killer iPad mount setup in your center console, it would have been awesome to use the iTsX full time.

Regardless, as you already know you're more than welcome to switch to the SF3 at this point. Also, the Diablosport intune is always an option if you're interested. It may be more up your alley, since it as the ability to show gauges and parameters on the screen.

Let me know if you need any additional assistance setting up the exchange with Bama. Although, I know though'll take care of you!

Shane
Hi Shane! You guys sent me the tuner! NO TUNES?!!! Now I have to send a canned tune to my vehicle. Record it. Then send you the file, so you can send me a custom tune?!
IS THIS A JOKE? You guys are ****ing with me, right?
Old 1/28/14, 04:26 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally Posted by CVH

Hi Shane! You guys sent me the tuner! NO TUNES?!!! Now I have to send a canned tune to my vehicle. Record it. Then send you the file, so you can send me a custom tune?!
IS THIS A JOKE? You guys are ****ing with me, right?
OMG, Ba ha ha ha ha ha. No way bro. Dude, you have the worst luck with AM.
Old 1/28/14, 04:59 PM
Roush Forum Stalker

Received 1,733 Likes on 1,232 Posts
It's like a short story.
Attached Images  
Old 1/28/14, 05:05 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Stage_3
It's like a short story.

Lmfao! Hahahahahahaha

Quick Reply: BAMA round 2 = Fail