Notices
5.0L GT Modifications Placeholder for future motor based GT's modifications.

BAMA round 2 = Fail

Search this Thread

Old 1/1/14, 08:18 PM
I Have No Life

Received 172 Likes on 145 Posts
Originally Posted by FromZto5
From what I've seen, they're quick to respond to praises and other discussions, but when it comes to criticism and feedback and caring for customers, they always seem to fade away. Like I said, they're a big name company, but I'm not impressed with their (lack of) customer service. Other vendors on here, are much more worthy.
I agree... But what I'm asking for is consistency. What I mean is, these AM reps are so quick to respond to threads whenever there is either a question posted by someone to the tune of "I'm looking for a part X that does this... What should I get?". Suddenly there's a response almost immediately of something like "oh go with this brand... And by the way, AM sells it". A similar response from AM is garnered when someone posts a thread that says "AM did so well... Kudos to AM they're the best." The AM reps suddenly respond on this thread stating "awwww thanks np problem at all! Let us know how you are liking our product." HOWEVER, when the thread is something about an ISSUE with AM, they are suddenly mute. You see what's wrong with the picture here? My point is this, if they're truly present on this forum and really want to contribute to their customers for feedback, then BE CONSISTENT. Don't just speak up when you want to make a sale or when folks speak highly of you. Strive to be a company that listens and caters to customers by being EQUALLY quick to respond when people need you. That's why I have an issue with them. Or, another option would be to be equally non responsive to threads that also praise them.... But you watch, they will continue have a big mouth on praise and sale threads, but silent on threads like these (I don't think they responded yet have they???? Lol) Exactly.
Originally Posted by Thamac15
The AM guy STILL hasn't chimed in? He's everywhere else in this forum.
EXACTLY. See my previous quotes. They're all over this forum and other threads, but somehow "omit" this thread and other similar ones that question their product and customer service.

Nice one.
Old 1/2/14, 11:17 AM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I got the lund tune today and it feels really strong. Going to try and book a time on the dyno asap. I've got a set of adjustable camber plates on the way so I'm going to wait until they are in. My plan is to have them installed while getting a few pulls in. I can't wait to see the results, I'm pretty stoked.

On a side note, yeah not a peep from AM/BAMA.
Old 1/2/14, 01:31 PM
I Have No Life

Originally Posted by figit
I got the lund tune today and it feels really strong. Going to try and book a time on the dyno asap. I've got a set of adjustable camber plates on the way so I'm going to wait until they are in. My plan is to have them installed while getting a few pulls in. I can't wait to see the results, I'm pretty stoked.

^ so sad.

But very happy for you OP, that you got a diff't tune and BETTER responsiveness (pun intended both from the tune itself and the vendor... )
Old 1/2/14, 02:17 PM
Roush Forum Stalker

Received 1,733 Likes on 1,232 Posts
I got the lund tune today and it feels really strong.
That's awesome! Good to hear.
Old 1/3/14, 07:49 AM
V6 Member

I agree... But what I'm asking for is consistency.

What I mean is, these AM reps are so quick to respond to threads whenever there is either a question posted by someone to the tune of "I'm looking for a part X that does this... What should I get?". Suddenly there's a response almost immediately of something like "oh go with this brand... And by the way, AM sells it". A similar response from AM is garnered when someone posts a thread that says "AM did so well... Kudos to AM they're the best." The AM reps suddenly respond on this thread stating "awwww thanks np problem at all! Let us know how you are liking our product."

HOWEVER, when the thread is something about an ISSUE with AM, they are suddenly mute. You see what's wrong with the picture here?

My point is this, if they're truly present on this forum and really want to contribute to their customers for feedback, then BE CONSISTENT. Don't just speak up when you want to make a sale or when folks speak highly of you. Strive to be a company that listens and caters to customers by being EQUALLY quick to respond when people need you.

That's why I have an issue with them.

Or, another option would be to be equally non responsive to threads that also praise them.... But you watch, they will continue have a big mouth on praise and sale threads, but silent on threads like these (I don't think they responded yet have they???? Lol)

Exactly.
I thought I was the only one who noticed that about AM. lol

Last edited by KC Henry; 1/3/14 at 08:07 AM.
Old 1/3/14, 09:15 AM
I Have No Life

^ Oh it ain't just you. I just find it sad... and thus, they don't get my business.
Old 1/3/14, 01:47 PM
Len
GT Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm not an AM fanboy but I've ordered a lot of stuff from them over the years, including tunes, with not a single problem. I always felt that the AM forum reps go out of their way to resolve problems - unlike what several forum members have stated in this thread. I did a quick search for AMShane and it appears he hasn't posted anywhere in this forum since December 27th - maybe he's on vacation.
For the most part i agree with post #36 except that in some cases posting problems to the forum can be helpful - at least to anyone having a similar problem.
Based on my experience with AM, I would not hesitate to order from them again.
Old 1/3/14, 02:08 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Len
I'm not an AM fanboy but I've ordered a lot of stuff from them over the years, including tunes, with not a single problem. I always felt that the AM forum reps go out of their way to resolve problems - unlike what several forum members have stated in this thread. I did a quick search for AMShane and it appears he hasn't posted anywhere in this forum since December 27th - maybe he's on vacation.
For the most part i agree with post #36 except that in some cases posting problems to the forum can be helpful - at least to anyone having a similar problem.
Based on my experience with AM, I would not hesitate to order from them again.
I'm 100 % fan boy of any company that sells, good quality products, fair pricing, free shipping and excellent customer service. Since AM has all that, I'm a huge fan boy of AM. Issues can and do slip through the cracks of any company but Shane and Dan have always been very helpful and provide solid advice. As far as AM reps not posting lately. How dare they be away on vacation with their families during the holidays and New Years. They are to serve our every need and desires, 24-7, 365 a year. Anything less, well that's just not acceptable and a beheading will begin by eastern standard sundown time.
Old 1/3/14, 02:10 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by cdynaco
Taking up a customer service/problem issue on a forum is pointless. Turns into a gossip/whine fest where no one wins.
Call or email them direct for specific issues until you get it resolved. I'm sure they are more than willing to fix problems.
My intent in posting the information was not to take anything up with customer service. I've already done a few rounds of that via phone and email. My limit with regard to allowing them to get it right on my car happened to be twice, so I'm no longer interested in taking it up with them. It also just so happens that my items are non-refundable. This makes sense on a tune. I live 25 mins from AM so I offered to drive it there and allow them to confirm it had been removed, no dice. Not a big deal, I didn't expect them to change their policy because of me. My intent was to share my experience with others and offer supporting data, not just a rant, for those looking to make the most informed decision possible whom happen to be considering a BAMA tune.

That said, I've ordered many parts from AM and have NEVER had an issue. Actually 95% of my sig came from them. This was part of the reason why I chose BAMA, my expectations were high and I was confident they'd deliver since they've become an AM exclusive brand/service. I later learned that they aren't the same people... Different numbers and zero cross-talk. You can't call AM and speak to a human about a BAMA tune, you are transferred to another place with totally different hours. I have no idea where BAMA actually is, don't care, but the experience I've had with AM certainly didn't carry over to BAMA. AM should whip BAMA's customer service into shape.

I'm very disappointed with my experience and won't be purchasing anything from AM in the future because of it.
Old 1/3/14, 07:00 PM
GT Member

Lund makes a good tune, but......Do you have to deal with emissions? If so, you probably wont pass.
Old 1/4/14, 09:12 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Len
I'm not an AM fanboy but I've ordered a lot of stuff from them over the years, including tunes, with not a single problem. I always felt that the AM forum reps go out of their way to resolve problems - unlike what several forum members have stated in this thread. I did a quick search for AMShane and it appears he hasn't posted anywhere in this forum since December 27th - maybe he's on vacation. For the most part i agree with post #36 except that in some cases posting problems to the forum can be helpful - at least to anyone having a similar problem. Based on my experience with AM, I would not hesitate to order from them again.
AMDanBailer was active in the exterior mods section on dec 31 and this thread started the 23rd.
Old 1/4/14, 10:49 AM
I Have No Life

Originally Posted by Thamac15
AMDanBailer was active in the exterior mods section on dec 31 and this thread started the 23rd.
Ding ding ding...

Fwiw, I've seen this time and time and over and over again over the last couple years. It's typical. I'm not surprised.
Old 1/4/14, 01:03 PM
Banned

lol then Steeda jumps on here to try to get a sale.

I'll say this. I tried steeda, I tried AM. not impressed with either. Steeda flat out refunded me after a single revision instead of you know, trying to dial in my tune.

AM did datalog and stuff, and the tunes are *okay* at best.
Old 1/4/14, 01:51 PM
I Have No Life

Originally Posted by TheDivaDanielle
lol then Steeda jumps on here to try to get a sale. I'll say this. I tried steeda, I tried AM. not impressed with either. Steeda flat out refunded me after a single revision instead of you know, trying to dial in my tune. AM did datalog and stuff, and the tunes are *okay* at best.
At least steeda refunded you, and I assume promptly... Look at AM for the OP.

Ps welcome back from honeymoon
Old 1/4/14, 01:58 PM
Banned

yeah. I'm glad to be back. Gotta keep you in line.
Old 1/4/14, 06:21 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally Posted by TheDivaDanielle
lol then Steeda jumps on here to try to get a sale.

I'll say this. I tried steeda, I tried AM. not impressed with either. Steeda flat out refunded me after a single revision instead of you know, trying to dial in my tune.

AM did datalog and stuff, and the tunes are *okay* at best.
So if AM tunes are okay at best then what tunes are great and best?
Old 1/4/14, 06:51 PM
V6 Member

Hey guys, i loaded up my tune for MPT and finally pulled the trigger and the heck for the warranty.. I had my old 05 before and i tried the bama tunes they are OK tunes and 3 months later i tried my first MPT tune and there is a big difference, i mean biggg that i never went back to my bama tunes but i have to trade in my old 05 and got me my new 13 3.7.. I was gonna wait till i get 38,000 miles but needless to say i cant wait that long. So i got myself a tune from MPT again since i got good experience with them. Literally just put them on 20 mins. Ago and went for a drive and woooww i feel in love again.. MPT for me is the best tunes compared to BAMA but if youre going for CS and peace of mind go for BAMA since theyle help you out with any concerns.
Old 1/4/14, 06:54 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally Posted by ion_arch
Hey guys, i loaded up my tune for MPT and finally pulled the trigger and the heck for the warranty.. I had my old 05 before and i tried the bama tunes they are OK tunes and 3 months later i tried my first MPT tune and there is a big difference, i mean biggg that i never went back to my bama tunes but i have to trade in my old 05 and got me my new 13 3.7.. I was gonna wait till i get 38,000 miles but needless to say i cant wait that long. So i got myself a tune from MPT again since i got good experience with them. Literally just put them on 20 mins. Ago and went for a drive and woooww i feel in love again.. MPT for me is the best tunes compared to BAMA but if youre going for CS and peace of mind go for BAMA since theyle help you out with any concerns.
My MPT tune is a beast.
Old 1/4/14, 07:07 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue
My MPT tune is a beast.
yeah i saw your numbers, great job bro.. I have a question, is your MPT tune makes your car wiggle in the back when you accelerate from a dead stop? I know its funny term but mine does after i put the tune and its freakin aggressive that i actually said to my self HOLY SNITZEL... It didnt do that to my 05 before..
Old 1/4/14, 07:15 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally Posted by ion_arch
yeah i saw your numbers, great job bro.. I have a question, is your MPT tune makes your car wiggle in the back when you accelerate from a dead stop? I know its funny term but mine does after i put the tune and its freakin aggressive that i actually said to my self HOLY SNITZEL... It didnt do that to my 05 before..
No wiggle, lol but will chirp tires at 40 and 70 mph. The car pulls way hard.

Quick Reply: BAMA round 2 = Fail