2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}

2014 Ordered/Built/Delivered Thread

Search this Thread

Old 2/23/13, 08:47 PM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by PaxtonShelby
Hi game - I ordered from Jerry Taylor Ford in Grove City, PA. I live in Moon Twp near the airport. I'm very involved in the Pittsburgh Vintage Grand Prix ( run the American Car show every year - this year, Mustang is actually the feature car of the entire show! ), and the owner of the dealership, Dan Taylor, is very involved with the PVGP as well. He's a really good guy and I figured since he supports our event and our charities so much, I'd buy thru his dealership.

Where in Pgh are you located?

I ordered 1/12 - but didn't want the car to get here before the weather is nice and the roads are clean. But I also wanted to order early enough to ensure that I would get all the options I wanted ( glass roof, leather recaros, etc. ). I thought that, with 2014 being the last year of the current platform, Ford might run out of certain items ( esp the glass roof ) before the end of production. So that's why I ordered when I did. Anyway - the dealer didn't have any Mustangs allocated to him for February, so I'm looking at a March build - and a March / April delivery - which will be perfect from a weather standpoint.

But dang...spring can't get here fast enough...
I grew up in Murrysville and now live in Forest Hills. Both east of down town. I also did not really want to get the car until spring, but I wanted to get the order in asap after hearing some guys waiting months to get their order. I never really considered shortages on materials. Well, hopefully we'll all have ours by the beginning of May.
Old 2/24/13, 12:21 AM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by five-0
Klink500 that's funny.I was a ford tech there for 7 years and just moved to central pa for a new job last nov.Paxton,I got no info on it yet.I ordered it 1/16/13.An yea Im still keeping my fox!
No way? Haha so you know where Hermitage is then?
Old 2/24/13, 12:24 PM

Originally Posted by FordCustomerService

Congrats on your new orders, guys! Make sure to PM me with your dealer’s name and order number so I can track them.

You’re welcome!

Just sent them!

Thanks! I’ll get back to you next week.

Deysha
Sent mine, let me know if you don't see it.
Old 2/24/13, 04:51 PM

I contacted my dealer. Build date for the car I ordered was 2/7/13. The dealer told me that it was supposed to arrive last Saturday 2-16-13. He can't tell me where it is. I pm'd Deysha, haven't heard back. Does anyone have any other advise on how I can find out where the car is? I don't want to keep bugging Deysha.

Last edited by mustardbucket; 2/24/13 at 04:54 PM.
Old 2/24/13, 05:05 PM
Cobra Member

Received 44 Likes on 30 Posts
Originally Posted by mustardbucket
I contacted my dealer. Build date for the car I ordered was 2/7/13. The dealer told me that it was supposed to arrive last Saturday 2-16-13. He can't tell me where it is. I pm'd Deysha, haven't heard back. Does anyone have any other advise on how I can find out where the car is? I don't want to keep bugging Deysha.
Insist that your dealer provide the rail car number on which your car is being transported. There is a posting earlier in this thread that details how to use a voice response system with CSX (all rail cars leave Flat Rock on CSX, even though they may be switched to a BNSF train if headed west). You call the number and respond to the prompts and get an automated voice message that tells you where the rail car is.
That aside, Deysha is cool and put up with my bugging her until I was able to follow the car myself. Even then she was still providing updates. I am really excited about getting my car, but I'll miss these exchanges with Deysha. She's a wonderful lady who represents Ford well.
Old 2/24/13, 05:12 PM
V6 Member

Deysha dear Please tell me some good News, You guy's are killing me, I'm still waiting for ford to get it rolling from the dealer, 2 months and still not in the line yet, AHHHHHHHH.
Old 2/24/13, 09:27 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by PaxtonShelby
Gorgeous car Sieran!

But it isn't Sterling Silver - it is Sterling Gray Metallic!!

How about a more detailed first drive impression?
I would have no idea where to begin on my first impressions. This is my first 2-door coupe, my first V-8, my first "sports car" and first "expensive car".

I'll start with my gripes first just to get those out of the way. I am used to sitting in either a hatch back or a truck, so visibility is an issue right now. I'm not the tallest guy so seeing what i want over the hood (i.e. the front of the car) or out the back/side windows is a little unnerving when switching lanes and backing up right now. I also am having a hard time finding a comfortable position in the drivers seat. My gas/brake leg is getting fatigued while driving... like i have to hold them in the correct location. Clutch leg is fine... i am just chalking it up to finding that "sweet spot" in the seat adjustment.

As far as the rest, I am amazed. The look, feel, smell, and sound just sitting in the cockpit is amazing. I am also finding myself shifting too soon just because i am not used to the sound of this monster. 4krpm is not the rev limit... though it is for right now because i wet myself when i go beyond that. I know a lot of people knock the basic sound system, but i think it sounds amazing. Coupled with the touch-screen/nav system i can't see myself wanting to upgrade any time soon. I guess that carries on to the rest of the car too. Why upgrade the performance when i can't even handle what it has right now? Once i find the limits i will go from there. There is just too much to describe other than "Andrew likey, Andrew likey!!"

**edit**

One more gripe, i have a hard time getting the car into 3rd until the RPMs drop some. I have "missed" the gear several times where i have just had to hold the clutch in and attempt multiple times. I never seemed to have this problem on my VW GTI which was a 6-speed in this exact configuration. Also shifting into reverse is crunchy. I'll give it time to break in some before i consider trying an aftermarket shifter.

Last edited by Sieran; 2/24/13 at 09:32 PM.
Old 2/24/13, 09:55 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by werdna65
Deysha dear Please tell me some good News, You guy's are killing me, I'm still waiting for ford to get it rolling from the dealer, 2 months and still not in the line yet, AHHHHHHHH.
I feel the same way as you do. Ordered 1/7/13 and still nothing!! Not scheduled. There are about 50 2014 Mustang GT at dealers within 100 miles of me. I am about to search the local inventory and just buy one of those. The factory order process makes little sense to me and I am worn out with the whole process. Almost like a bad omen from the start.
Old 2/24/13, 10:02 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by tukatz
Mine was order to VIN - 22 days, VIN to window sticker up - 6 days - WSU to build - 7 days, build to arrival at rail yard - 12 days, arrival to delivery - ?. Looks like about 7 weeks and possibly a few days.
You ordered 1/7/2014?
Old 2/24/13, 11:27 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by elkk
You ordered 1/7/2014?
This is only an educated guess, but I am guessing that your dealer has no allocations for Mustangs in the near future. That seems to be a key issue. If he has no allocation, Ford won't build one for him. I would go back to my dealer and insist that they tell you about their allocations for Mustangs. The only other thing that comes to mind is the possibility that there is something in your order that Ford does not have - what my dealer called a commodity constraint. Ford won't schedule it if they don't have the parts to build it. Lean on your dealer to get the straight scoop. Good luck.
Old 2/25/13, 08:02 AM
Bullitt Member

Well gentleman, my mustang is being born today! Lets hope all those fabulous workers had a very relaxing non eventful weekend and are well rested today!
Old 2/25/13, 08:42 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by joey8
Well gentleman, my mustang is being born today! Lets hope all those fabulous workers had a very relaxing non eventful weekend and are well rested today!
Joey - Your car doesn't get built from start to finish in one day, so I hope they all got a good night's sleep all last week, just to be safe.
Old 2/25/13, 09:43 AM
V6 Member

This waiting is unbearable. I sent in my PM Deysha let me know something so I dont go insane lol!
Old 2/25/13, 09:50 AM
V6 Member

Some new pics... need to go do a real photo shoot.

Old 2/25/13, 09:55 AM
Bullitt Member

^ Wow! Nice pop on that paint!
Old 2/25/13, 10:33 AM
Cobra Member

Joey - Your car doesn't get built from start to finish in one day, so I hope they all got a good night's sleep all last week, just to be safe.
Actually I think it does, mine had a set day and the evening of said day it was waiting for a train. Could be wrong.....
Old 2/25/13, 10:38 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by steven46746
Actually I think it does, mine had a set day and the evening of said day it was waiting for a train. Could be wrong.....
I understood that the build date is the date they finish building it. Mine had a 2/11 build date and the status on 2/6 showed in the body shop.
Old 2/25/13, 10:46 AM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by FordCustomerService

Congrats, guys! Be sure to PM me with your dealer’s name and order number so I can track it for you.

You’re welcome!

Deysha
Hello Deysha,

Sent you my order details.

Thanks,
Steve
Old 2/25/13, 11:11 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Looks AWESOME Sieran! Seeing that paint POP in the sun is something I can't wait to do!

Update your sig with the delivery date and fix the color name!
Old 2/25/13, 11:32 AM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by joey8
Look at the good news deysha sent!
Vin = Complete
Window Sticker =
Blend/Build Date:2/25/2013 ... Its a monday idk how I feel about that so lets not go there
Delivery ETA: March 12!
Woot woot! You’re welcome, joey8!

My beautiful gal is in Wenatchee as of 4:40 this morning. Barring something really weird, delivery will be next week, but probably not on my wife's birthday - 2/26. Come on, Maria!!!
It’s now waiting on a truck!

Originally Posted by cmplxlgc
Finally broke out my Nikon today and I've been finding every excuse to take the long way home...

B E A U T I F U L!!!! Awesome pictures!

Originally Posted by five-0
Good for you Joey8!I still got nothing not even a message from deysha.
I have good news for you, five-0. Please bear with me. I’ll get back to you soon!

Originally Posted by thegame
So what seems to be avg wait time for the 2014's thus far? As you can see, I'm only two weeks in and not doing too well. lol
I just received your PM, thegame. I’ll get back to you as soon as possible.

Originally Posted by Sieran
Woot, just took delivery!!!
My official review of my first Mustang: HehehHeehehEEheheeheHehe
It looks awesome!! Congrats!

Originally Posted by svostang
Sent mine, let me know if you don't see it.
Originally Posted by mustardbucket
I contacted my dealer. Build date for the car I ordered was 2/7/13. The dealer told me that it was supposed to arrive last Saturday 2-16-13. He can't tell me where it is. I pm'd Deysha, haven't heard back.
Thanks for the PMs, guys. I’ll get back to you soon.

Originally Posted by werdna65
Yours should get moving soon, werdna65. In the meantime, you can check on your dealer’s allocation with them.

Originally Posted by elkk
I feel the same way as you do. Ordered 1/7/13 and still nothing!! Not scheduled.
I have news for you, elkk. Please bear with me.

Originally Posted by WhiteWinged
This waiting is unbearable. I sent in my PM Deysha let me know something so I dont go insane lol!
Originally Posted by RogueWing16
Hello Deysha,
Sent you my order details.
Thanks,
Steve
Thanks! I’ll get back to you soon, guys.

Deysha

Quick Reply: 2014 Ordered/Built/Delivered Thread