Search this Thread

Old 3/2/13 | 03:51 AM
GTR Member

Originally Posted by Newchamp
Well, here she is... Giggity!
Gorgeous! If I could order a '14, I'm pretty sure it'd be a silver GT/CS
Old 3/2/13 | 08:51 AM
Cobra Member

I programmed my Stang to open the gate yesterday, now none of the old hand-held remotes work on the gate. They still work on the garage doors. I thought I heard or read that you can program the Stang using one of the hand-held remotes, rather than pressing the Learn button on the actual opener receiver. Is that true?
Old 3/2/13 | 09:07 AM

Thanks to everyone, especially Deysha, for helping me track my new 2014 Mustang. I ordered the car in early January, the build date was 2/7/13, I picked it up from the dealer last night. WOW! That was quick. I love this car.

Last edited by mustardbucket; 3/2/13 at 09:08 AM.
Old 3/2/13 | 09:09 AM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by tukatz
I programmed my Stang to open the gate yesterday, now none of the old hand-held remotes work on the gate. They still work on the garage doors. I thought I heard or read that you can program the Stang using one of the hand-held remotes, rather than pressing the Learn button on the actual opener receiver. Is that true?
I cannot answer directly but my experience a few days ago (see below) showed that calling Lear Car2U customer support was well worthwhile. They are fast, very good, and will solve the problem. Number is in the small white folded card which is in the vehicle documents package.

My issue was that my gate was installed about 12 years ago with old technology. No such thing as a "Learn" button and I had to use the "Fixed Code Programming" procedure. I did it half a dozen times and it just did not work.

So I called them and was transferred to a live person within 2-3 minutes. And she had the problem identified and a solution planned in no less than another 3-4 minutes.

Turns out my remote system is old and the Mustang's system doesn't support it. But rather than shrug it off Lear (and Ford, I guess) have a solution which involves adding a new receiver to the gate electronics which will talk to the vehicle. Not only will they provide this receiver free but they also arrange for a technician to come out to install the device. All at No Charge to me! That's Customer Service!

Now I am waiting for the receiver to be shipped to me and for the local installer to call and schedule an appointment. Anticipate both to happen some time in the coming week.
Old 3/2/13 | 09:10 AM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by mustardbucket
Thanks to everyone, especially Deysha, for helping me track my new 2014 Mustang. I ordered the car in early January, the build date was 2/7/13, I picked it up from the dealer last night. WOW! That was quick. I love this car.
We need pictures!
Old 3/2/13 | 09:43 AM
Cobra Member

The solution turned out to be simple. The system in our Accord sedan still worked. I took our hand-held remotes out and reprogrammed one of them. Then the others simply worked without any reprogramming. I tested the Mustang and it still works. All is good now. Our gate opener was also old, but we had a rolling code receiver added to it some years ago.

I'm off this morning to let my local S2000 buddies drool over Maria. We're meeting at Griot's Garage.
Old 3/2/13 | 10:09 AM
V6 Member

The solution turned out to be simple. The system in our Accord sedan still worked. I took our hand-held remotes out and reprogrammed one of them. Then the others simply worked without any reprogramming. I tested the Mustang and it still works. All is good now. Our gate opener was also old, but we had a rolling code receiver added to it some years ago.

I'm off this morning to let my local S2000 buddies drool over Maria. We're meeting at Griot's Garage.
Excellent.
I also have named the Mustang but will not yet reveal it as it is available on a personalized tag and I cannot apply for that until the title is delivered.
Old 3/2/13 | 10:22 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by Kairho
Excellent.
I also have named the Mustang but will not yet reveal it as it is available on a personalized tag and I cannot apply for that until the title is delivered.
I had personalized plates on the XK8 convertible (Sophia, as in If this car were a woman it would be Sophia Loren) and on our Morgan, but this state nicks you pretty good for them and I'm not willing to contribute.
Old 3/2/13 | 10:36 AM
V6 Member

I had personalized plates on the XK8 convertible (Sophia, as in If this car were a woman it would be Sophia Loren) and on our Morgan, but this state nicks you pretty good for them and I'm not willing to contribute.
It's only $15 a year here for the basic tag. I'll be getting the Horse Country specialty tag for another one time $25 (never can have too many ponies on a Mustang! ... and it was either that or a couple of oranges).

The tag on my F-350 reads "3300 PSI". Three points to anyone who can say what that signifies!
Old 3/2/13 | 10:51 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Kairho
Excellent.
I have a guess as to what it might be...but I will wait & see.
Old 3/2/13 | 06:50 PM
Cobra Member

I just noticed this morning that there are two small holes in my front bumper. They are too small to accept a screw to mount the license plate bracket, or even a pop rivet for that matter. Has anyone else seen holes like these? They appear to be placed where one might drill holes to mount the bracket and they are the correct distance apart for the holes in the bracket. The small pic is a closeup of one of the holes. If they are pilot holes put in my Ford at the factory, they fill them with something and paint over them. They did not show up in the photo I took the prior day. If that is the case, whatever Ford put in them fell out.

Also, I've found that when putting the top up the motor stops moving the top at a point where I have to take hold of the hand hold and REALLY haul down on it do get the latches closed. I assume there must be an adjustment because the one we rented in Hawaii was not like that. You did have to pull down a little but the latches weren't that tough to close.

I'll be taking my car back into the dealer to have them deal with these issues.

Last edited by tukatz; 3/2/13 at 07:24 PM.
Old 3/2/13 | 08:01 PM

tukatz the holes are for a license plate bracket and almost all new fords have these dimples.As for the convertible latch,the vehicle is brand new and will need broke in so to speak.Im sure the car you rented was used and the convertible top was up/down MANY times.It should get easier the more its used.Coming from a certified Ford tech this is what your probably going to hear from the service department.
Old 3/2/13 | 08:32 PM
Cobra Member

Thanks, five-0. If you look closely at this image taken a day earlier, they do not show. I zoomed in on the high res version and they were definitely not visible. Apparently, Ford fills them and paints over them and the filler fell out. I'll let my dealer deal with Ford to rectify that problem.

I assumed on the top there was a limit switch, or something like that, that caused the motor to stop moving the top. If it is simply a case of use it for a while and it gets better, I can live with that.

Last edited by tukatz; 3/2/13 at 08:34 PM.
Old 3/2/13 | 08:32 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by Fullahead
Your sig shows you got a VIN in 4 days? That's nuts, I'm almost to three weeks and still no VIN.
Yep. I received the VIN 4 days after I finalized my options and colors and put a deposit down. My salesman said that he had an order in the system from earlier in the week. That was the order that I wound up finalizing. The whole process has been rather quick. Unfortunately a little too quick. I was hoping to get the car after this cruddy east coast weather clears out. Good luck with your order.
Old 3/2/13 | 09:02 PM
Cobra Member

Audio/Sync system questions. I understand there is a voice training function on the Sync system, but can't find anything in the manual about it. Mine is a V6 Premium without the nav system. Tips?

I have a 32GB USB thumb drive plugged into the USB port and play music from it using the Aux input button. However, when I turn off the car and then restart it, it comes back on in FM radio mode. I can't find anything in the manual that describes how to tell it to always come back up in whatever mode it was in when it was shut off. Tips?
Old 3/3/13 | 02:35 PM

...just ordered my 2014!!!

The time has come to replace my 2007 Mustang GT, went to the dealer on Friday (3/1/2013) and ordered it...they said it could take two months to build.
Build Sheet was as follows:

2014 Mustang GT Premium Coupe
Automatic Transmission (for my bad knees)
Deep Impact Blue exterior with Charcoal Leather/Suede Seats
California Special Package
Comfort Package
All-Weather Floor Mats
MSRP was almost $40K
Old 3/3/13 | 02:43 PM
Bullitt Member

You're gonna love it!
Old 3/3/13 | 02:44 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Audio/Sync system questions. I understand there is a voice training function on the Sync system, but can't find anything in the manual about it. Mine is a V6 Premium without the nav system. Tips?
Check out page 328 in the 2013 Mustang owners manual.
Old 3/3/13 | 03:08 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by Snoopy49
Check out page 328 in the 2013 Mustang owners manual.
I looked at that but it doesn't tell me how to initiate a session where Sync has me repeat words so that the system learns MY voice and can recognize my commands better.
Old 3/3/13 | 03:12 PM
Cobra Member

Mine took 52 days from order to delivery and I'm in Washington State so shipping time is longer. As long as your dealer has allocations for Mustangs in April/May and there are no constraints due to parts, I suspect yours could move faster. My signature has details on the progress of my order. I've only had mine for a few days but love it. Congrats!

Quick Reply: 2014 Ordered/Built/Delivered Thread