Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

2014 Ordered/Built/Delivered Thread

Search this Thread

Old 6/13/14, 09:33 AM
Cobra Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by lakeguy77
Not possible. Now I need to go back to deciding which shirt to wear for delivery.

hehehehehe, at least you're thinking! I rolled outta bed and was ready to go get the car in my current state! hahaha, wouldn't have been good.

check out the other thread with some pictures i posted of the car.

I must say that, I received the vehicle with 8.4KM which was cool

they ONLY put in $30 which accounted for nearly 3/4 of gas, it has no windshield washer fluid I found that out on my way in to work while it was spitting out... and I looked the car over through and through and only found the second key fob not functioning. other than that the car is prestine!

no orange peel effects on the paint, it is a superb piece of mahcinery!

I also have to say that the mustang I test drove was an Automatic, and my vehicle has a manual transmission and the two cars are like night a day! I cannot believe how much more the manual transmission is better! as i said before, makes me feel like I'm in total control over its power.

..... I've only put on 50 KM on it this morning. a few were aggressive (i'm guilty already of this )

BUT..... I don't feel any notchyness described and have not felt any misgears from 2-3 .... the car feels really tight.

Mind you... I've virtually put on NO mileage on it. i'll have around 500KM on it before the weekend's up and will report back soon
Old 6/13/14, 09:42 AM
Cobra Member

I forgot to mention that my immediate neighbour owns a 2010 Shelby and a 2006 Mustang v6 (winter car)

are going to the London car Show, celebrating its 50th year! I'm glad that I have the car, means I can go and show off a little bit

hopefully I'll see you guys there!
Old 6/13/14, 05:56 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So I went in today at 1:30 on my lunch break to get the paperwork going. They had the confirmation that the car WAS going to arrive today, but hadn't landed yet. I know one of their techs and had requested him for the PDI, and it had been assigned to him already. Did the paperwork and was leaving, but decided to do a lot creep on my way out. As I come around the back of the building, there's my car, being backed off the truck. Delivery is scheduled for tomorrow at noon!
Attached Thumbnails 2014 Ordered/Built/Delivered Thread-img_20140613_134131.jpg  

Last edited by lakeguy77; 6/13/14 at 05:58 PM.
Old 6/13/14, 06:04 PM
Cobra Member

Nice man! If the GT is ANYWHERE near as fun to drive as my ride (which I know will be more of a thrill) you're going to fall in love as soon as you see it!
Old 6/13/14, 06:37 PM
Mach 1 Member

Already fell in love with it. It's gorgeous, even all dusty with the delivery wraps all over the place. I won't sleep a wink tonight!
Old 6/13/14, 07:22 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
Already fell in love with it. It's gorgeous, even all dusty with the delivery wraps all over the place. I won't sleep a wink tonight!
Lucky duck! Worth the wait right?? Can you imagine how anxious I'm going to be on the plane as I fly up to get mine? I literally live around the corner from our local Ford dealer, but I wanted nothing to do with them after watching my dad battle with their service dept EVERY single time we go in there. Not to mention their sleezebag sales guys. Even if I was buying x-plan, I wanted nothing to do with that dealer, or the other local dealer to me.
Old 6/13/14, 07:24 PM
Legacy Tms Member

Received 100 Likes on 61 Posts
Sweet! Glad you finally almost got it.

I like the rims.
Old 6/13/14, 07:37 PM
Cobra Member

I feel your pain. I got less than 6 hours of sleep last night:S
Old 6/13/14, 08:05 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by laserred38
Lucky duck! Worth the wait right?? Can you imagine how anxious I'm going to be on the plane as I fly up to get mine? I literally live around the corner from our local Ford dealer, but I wanted nothing to do with them after watching my dad battle with their service dept EVERY single time we go in there. Not to mention their sleezebag sales guys. Even if I was buying x-plan, I wanted nothing to do with that dealer, or the other local dealer to me.
I didn't have to deal with a sales guy. My wife works with the sales manager's daughter, I knew what I wanted, he showed me his invoice and gave me a price that made my wife say, "It's now or never." He's a really nice guy, their finance guy is awesome and they respect that I'm in the business and know how it works. The only time I'll deal with a sales guy is when I pick it up, because my guy freely admits he's got people better equipped to go over the car with me.

It helps that I'm in the business, and I was wearing my work shirt with another car maker's logo on it a couple times I was in there, including today. If you understand what they have to do to keep their jobs, you'll have the smoothest experience. Service, Parts, Finance, Sales, doesn't matter. The finance dude even said, "I don't need to review protection packages and extended warranties right?" I just told him, "No worries, you'll get a 10 on the survey." Because they HAVE to do that. That's why they ask you about it and try to pitch it. Those surveys are literally gold to the dealer, if you mark no or anything below an 8, they're in trouble. And no, I'm not kidding. So let em make their pitch. There's nothing wrong with saying no to upsells, just understand they need that mark on the survey that they tried.
Old 6/13/14, 08:06 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by VidPro
Sweet! Glad you finally almost got it.

I like the rims.
Thanks, they're a definite perk with the Track Pack! How are you liking yours?

Originally Posted by JoeMidnight
I feel your pain. I got less than 6 hours of sleep last night:S
Why are you here? Go drive.
Old 6/13/14, 08:12 PM
Legacy TMS Member

I didn't have to deal with a sales guy. My wife works with the sales manager's daughter, I knew what I wanted, he showed me his invoice and gave me a price that made my wife say, "It's now or never." He's a really nice guy, their finance guy is awesome and they respect that I'm in the business and know how it works. The only time I'll deal with a sales guy is when I pick it up, because my guy freely admits he's got people better equipped to go over the car with me. It helps that I'm in the business, and I was wearing my work shirt with another car maker's logo on it a couple times I was in there, including today. If you understand what they have to do to keep their jobs, you'll have the smoothest experience. Service, Parts, Finance, Sales, doesn't matter. The finance dude even said, "I don't need to review protection packages and extended warranties right?" I just told him, "No worries, you'll get a 10 on the survey." Because they HAVE to do that. That's why they ask you about it and try to pitch it. Those surveys are literally gold to the dealer, if you mark no or anything below an 8, they're in trouble. And no, I'm not kidding. So let em make their pitch. There's nothing wrong with saying no to upsells, just understand they need that mark on the survey that they tried.
Oh no I hear you, and I used to be in the business too. That's why I ordered two states/1200 miles away lol. It was worth the comfort to me, even if the inconvenience was major.
Old 6/13/14, 08:15 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by laserred38
Oh no I hear you, and I used to be in the business too. That's why I ordered two states/1200 miles away lol. It was worth the comfort to me, even if the inconvenience was major.
Absolutely. My dad always had his battles with the local GM dealer where I grew up. My first two cars were Pontiacs, but I turned to Subaru's and never looked back. My dad stuck with it because he liked his Suburbans. I don't think I would have gone into a Ford dealership without the inside track though. I'm sure that made it even smoother than just the business connection.
Old 6/14/14, 05:48 AM
Mach 1 Member

Yup, 5 restless tossy-turny hours of sleep after watching nearly an entire season of Bobby Flay's Barbecue Addiction before finally nodding off. Little over 5 more hours to wait...
Old 6/14/14, 06:08 AM
Cobra Member

Yup, 5 restless tossy-turny hours of sleep after watching nearly an entire season of Bobby Flay's Barbecue Addiction before finally nodding off. Little over 5 more hours to wait...
Lol that's a great show! I can totally relate i just went through that just yesterday congrats man!
Old 6/14/14, 06:23 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by JoeMidnight
Lol that's a great show! I can totally relate i just went through that just yesterday congrats man!
Bobby Flay is a ****ing genius. Just the last few years I've got more into cooking. I watch a lot of Gordon Ramsay shows too, mostly for his pristine technique and general perfection in everything he makes, but the flavors Bobby Flay uses are so innovative. Still need to buy myself a proper charcoal grill though, I want one of those ceramic acorn grills that he uses so much for everything. Tough to find locally though. The old gas grill just isn't cutting it since I found religion (IE Bobby Flay).
Old 6/14/14, 05:35 PM
Mach 1 Member

Got her home in the pouring rain, safe and sound...."safe" being a relative term when I'm holding a wrench on very little sleep.

Name:  IMG_20140614_140205_zpsv0aclopy.jpg
Views: 27
Size:  86.7 KB
Old 6/14/14, 06:26 PM

Hey guys just took delivery of my car. I can not upload pictures from my iphone though.
Congrats lake guy the wait is over for the both of us your car is beautiful.
Old 6/14/14, 06:39 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Cease5.0
Hey guys just took delivery of my car. I can not upload pictures from my iphone though.
Congrats lake guy the wait is over for the both of us your car is beautiful.
Congrats to you as well! Hope your weather is better than mine, all I can do pretty much is sit here and install parts....not that that's a bad thing.
Old 6/14/14, 06:40 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by Cease5.0
Hey guys just took delivery of my car. I can not upload pictures from my iphone though. Congrats lake guy the wait is over for the both of us your car is beautiful.
Yes you can?...in the TMS app. You're doing it wrong...
Old 6/14/14, 06:51 PM
Cobra Member

Congrats guys!!!

Quick Reply: 2014 Ordered/Built/Delivered Thread