Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

2014 Ordered/Built/Delivered Thread

Search this Thread

Old 9/23/13, 12:17 PM
LCC
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm happy for you guys , and don't like you very much at the same time.. ...................
Old 9/23/13, 01:09 PM

Originally Posted by STANGIT-NV

Deepsea, where are you located? I ordered mine same date, we had the same build date as well, and I also have an eta of first week of October. Your post got me all sorts of crazy excited.... hoping mine will be early as well since they are birthday buddies. Did yours come by rail car?
Stangit, Im in Maryland. Mine came by train from factory and it was loaded on the 14th. So I do think yours is somewhere close to you. Deysha was very helpful to track it for me. Or you may just call your dealer for updated ETA. Just relax, its coming.
Old 9/23/13, 01:13 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by ccstpierre
Not everyone got theirs quickly, but hang in there way worth it!! Ordered 6/3 Built 8/22 Delivered 9/20 Still got some cosmetics to take care of ==== Window Louvers/tint/ ALSO, Strongly considering a Hood scoop http://www.americanmuscle.com/mmd-pa...coop-1314.html Anyone ever attach one like this before? My concern is with rusting since it requires drilling holes---also, comments please on whether to do it or not! Thank you! ccstpierre
Were your heat vents on the hood painted out of the factory or did you do that after you got it? Also look into a shaker hood scoop from CDC. A little more pricey but looks much better (in my opinion) and actually is functional.
Old 9/23/13, 02:06 PM

Originally Posted by deepsea
The wait is over.
Ordered on 8/20. Bulit on 9/10. Delivered to dealer on 9/20. Exactly one month of waiting.

For your infomation, the dealer placed my order with priority 10. I feel lucky as it came so fast. When picking her up, I walked in with the private cash of 750 from Ford but the Dealer already has it in their record.

Good luck everyone!

I ordered mine on 8/23, I only got the VIN on 9/12, still no word on build date... I started out with alot of patience, but it seems to burn off pretty quick...

*edit*Any updates Deysha?*/edit* Ironically, Deysha just PM'd me to tell me that I have a tentative ETA to dealer of 10/20! Yaay Deysha!

Last edited by Strayshot; 9/23/13 at 02:22 PM. Reason: Updated info
Old 9/23/13, 02:54 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Strayshot
*edit*Any updates Deysha?*/edit* Ironically, Deysha just PM'd me to tell me that I have a tentative ETA to dealer of 10/20! Yaay Deysha!
Looks like good news for a lot of us who have been waiting a bit! Deysha just PM'd me my VIN today! Next step is a Build Date for me then once I get an ETA I can chill out. :-)

Congrats to everyone else with a happy update this week, and best hopes to those still waiting.
Old 9/23/13, 04:53 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My GT/CS was ordered 8/10, built on 9/13 and out for delivery as of last week. Mine should be here soon! The waiting is driving me nuts! I have my GT500 quad tips, Roush side and rear splitters, and shifter bracket sitting in the garage ready to go!
Old 9/23/13, 06:56 PM

I ordered mine on 8/23, I only got the VIN on 9/12, still no word on build date... I started out with alot of patience, but it seems to burn off pretty quick...

Your window sticker should be ready now. Search in previous posts you will find a link to download the pdf version which shows your build/blend date.
Old 9/23/13, 10:24 PM

Originally Posted by FullRide14
Were your heat vents on the hood painted out of the factory or did you do that after you got it? Also look into a shaker hood scoop from CDC. A little more pricey but looks much better (in my opinion) and actually is functional.
The vents come painted standard on the California Special edition--- Still not sold on the Hood Scoop--- just thought it looked more aggressive cosmetically1
Old 9/24/13, 10:24 AM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
The wait is over.
Ordered on 8/20. Bulit on 9/10. Delivered to dealer on 9/20. Exactly one month of waiting.

Good luck everyone!
Woo hoo! Congrats again, deepsea.

Originally Posted by Gary Nichols
My car is on a rail car, it should be here any day now.
It sure is, Gary Nichols!

Originally Posted by LCC
I'm happy for you guys , and don't like you very much at the same time.. ...................
It’ll get moving soon, LCC.

Stangit, Im in Maryland. Mine came by train from factory and it was loaded on the 14th. So I do think yours is somewhere close to you. Deysha was very helpful to track it for me. Or you may just call your dealer for updated ETA. Just relax, its coming.
Thanks for the kind words, deepsea!

Lol! You’re welcome, Strayshot!

Originally Posted by Mrsuitcase
Looks like good news for a lot of us who have been waiting a bit! Deysha just PM'd me my VIN today! Next step is a Build Date for me then once I get an ETA I can chill out. :-)
Congrats to everyone else with a happy update this week, and best hopes to those still waiting.
Woot woot! Love to see progress!

Originally Posted by Last1
My GT/CS was ordered 8/10, built on 9/13 and out for delivery as of last week. Mine should be here soon! The waiting is driving me nuts!
It’s waiting on a truck, Last1! Only a few more days to go.

Deysha
Old 9/25/13, 07:09 AM

Quick update for those figuring wait times... my window sticker went up this morning, and the build date is listed as 10/01. And hey, it's a Tuesday car!

See sig for all dates...
Old 9/25/13, 08:56 PM

Mine is at the dealership. I'll be picking her up tomorrow evening after work!
Old 9/25/13, 09:10 PM

My timeline for those interested in my wait:

Ordered 8/13. Dealer actually placed the order with Ford on 8/14. Found out on 8/26 that my build date was 9/9. It was delivered to the dealership yesterday 9/24. So 35 days, but keep in mind that my build was very basic. Completely base V6 with the only option being the Recaro seats.
Old 9/25/13, 10:55 PM
2014 SGM Roush Stage 2 --------- Moderator------

Received 1,088 Likes on 788 Posts
The wait is a killer. Ordered mine on 6/28... Deysha helped me get the build date of 8/23. Car was then delivered to Roush on 8/28. Last week 9/17 it entered the Roush production line. So... maybe 2 or 3 more weeks?

GT Premium 401a Chassis, Blk interior with Cashmere, Comfort Pak, Track Pak, Glass Top, and Roush Stage 2 with Dual Chamber Exhaust, 20" Hyperblack Wheels, Silver Striping, Hood scoop, Hood struts, in Sterling Gray Metallic.

Had to visit the forum to get my daily fix. So ready for it to be here. Hope it makes it before the snow flies. Getting close.
Old 9/26/13, 06:28 AM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Quick update for those figuring wait times... my window sticker went up this morning, and the build date is listed as 10/01. And hey, it's a Tuesday car!
Woot woot! It’s moving right along, Strayshot.

Originally Posted by celipro
Mine is at the dealership. I'll be picking her up tomorrow evening after work!
Woo hoo! Congrats, celipro. I can’t wait to see the pictures.

Originally Posted by shaneyusa
The wait is a killer. Ordered mine on 6/28... Deysha helped me get the build date of 8/23. Car was then delivered to Roush on 8/28. Last week 9/17 it entered the Roush production line. So... maybe 2 or 3 more weeks?
Oh the anticipation… I can’t wait to see it, shaneyusa!

Deysha
Old 9/26/13, 09:26 PM

Loaded on rail car and set to go! Eta one week from today if all goes well!
Old 9/27/13, 01:06 PM
Bullitt Member

I have an ETA, so it's countdown time!!

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown...USTANG+ARRIVES
Old 9/27/13, 06:23 PM

So I hate to vent, but I just got back from my dealer and need to let off some steam. My eta is THURSDAY... 10/3... so a week away, and have thus far been unable to sell my current Mustang, from which the money will be used as a down payment, to keep my payments somewhat reasonable. I was going to take the money and add some more to it to have a total of 15,000 down with the MSRP of 43,420.

So I went to the dealer today to get a trade in quote as sort of a last resort, in case it doesn't sell. Mind you my 2005 ONLY HAS 59,000 MILES ON IT. It has been garaged and babied since day one! I told them that since I am trading it in I am keeping the wheels, and I brought in the stock wheels for them to look at, which would be put back on the car with BRAND NEW TIRES!

They quoted me $5,200 for trade in!!! WHAT A JOKE!!! THEY WILL SELL THIS CAR FOR 13,000+ EASY!

I was so mad I stormed out and didn't really talk to them about why, but I just cant justify that low of a price! The KBB on trade in is 10,000! And that isnt really adding anything for the upgrades that have been done... since I know that it doesn't really payback in the end.

I asked the dealer how long I would have to get my new 2014 once it was on lot. I had heard around here that you had max 30 days. My dealer said 3 days ONLY! After 3 days, they will list it for sale to the general public, and others can test drive etc....

So that leaves me with approx 10 days to sell my car as I refuse to trade it in. In the end I may have to forfeit the one I ordered and order again... thru a different dealer, and start all over. The trade in quote is such an insult that I refuse to let them touch my car again.

I can't believe how many problems these dealers can start over ordering these Mustangs... Sheesh!

Last edited by STANGIT-NV; 9/27/13 at 06:31 PM.
Old 9/27/13, 08:38 PM
GT Member

Your dealer sounds like a wiener. I had 30 days to execute a purchase after my car was delivered to retain the original deal and incentives. They even stashed my car in the back and wouldn't let other sales drones show it or drive it.

Some dealers are good, others are not. Too bad that the latter make Ford look crappy.
Old 9/27/13, 09:23 PM
Mach 1 Member

My GT/CS arrived yesterday!

Ordered - 8/10
Built - 9/13
Delivered 9/26

Pics to come!
Old 9/27/13, 09:30 PM
Mach 1 Member

Sorry to hear about your bad dealer experience, STANGIT-NV. Hope it all works out for you.

Quick Reply: 2014 Ordered/Built/Delivered Thread