Notices
2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

2014 Ordered/Built/Delivered Thread

Search this Thread

Old 10/24/13, 12:34 PM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by Ricco
Hey All, put up some pictures of my 2014 GT-CS. The Neon in the back is what i used to drive during my college years before i got my job! LOL very happy to move on from that car. T
It’s gorgeous, Ricco! I’ll get back to you as soon as possible.

Originally Posted by RubyRedMCA_Beast
Ricco..great looking ride!

Deysha..I PM'd you my VIN, when you get a chance can you please provide an update?
Thanks!
Got it, RubyRedMCA_Beast! I’ll get back to you soon.

Deysha
Old 10/24/13, 06:15 PM
Roush Forum Stalker

Received 1,682 Likes on 1,201 Posts
Hey All, put up some pictures of my 2014 GT-CS. The Neon in the back is what i used to drive during my college years before i got my job! LOL very happy to move on from that car. The second one shows that my Mustang currently does not have the GT-CS 'diffuser-style' rear fascia. The third is just a fun picture that I thought looked really cool. Still no word back from my dealer and they said that they would be in contact with me within 48 hrs. PMing Deysha today with my information and we'll see how Ford will handle this.
Nice car. ENJOY!
Old 10/24/13, 08:22 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for the Kudos on the pictures, folks.

Best of luck on all of those who are waiting on delivery! They are a lot of fun to drive!
Old 10/25/13, 05:33 AM
V6 Member

Hey All, put up some pictures of my 2014 GT-CS. The Neon in the back is what i used to drive during my college years before i got my job! LOL very happy to move on from that car.
What an upgrade from the Neon! Your car looks great. I like the contrast that the glass roof adds. Being a GT/CS makes it even nicer to look at.
Old 10/25/13, 06:54 AM
GT Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Ricco - Hey I am upgrading from a neon as well. Except the timing belt went on mine an bent up all the valves. Was not going to spend any money on it, so off it went to donated to Purple Heart.
Old 10/25/13, 11:15 AM

Ricco: Beautiful car, congrats! Now pull that dealership sticker off of it.
Old 10/25/13, 01:16 PM

Originally Posted by dburton_mi
Ricco - Hey I am upgrading from a neon as well. Except the timing belt went on mine an bent up all the valves. Was not going to spend any money on it, so off it went to donated to Purple Heart.
Yeah, I'll probably drive the neon when the weather is REALLY bad, otherwise I'd rather never step foot in it again. Haha

Originally Posted by Colleton
Ricco: Beautiful car, congrats! Now pull that dealership sticker off of it.
HA! yeah that's gone already

Originally Posted by JohnX3
What an upgrade from the Neon! Your car looks great. I like the contrast that the glass roof adds. Being a GT/CS makes it even nicer to look at.
Thanks, that's half the reason I got the glass roof! I'm now debating on whether or not to get the window louvers. I'm thinking of getting the black Roush ones, but i'm not sure if i should maybe go with the white Cabrinis.
Old 10/25/13, 03:16 PM

Originally Posted by FordService
It’s gorgeous, Ricco! I’ll get back to you as soon as possible.

Got it, RubyRedMCA_Beast! I’ll get back to you soon.

Deysha

Hey Deysha

This is mikeodo when you check on the Beast Can you see if mine is moving on the train yet. I called SVT and they told me it is in transit. I thought that meant it was moving towards Phoenix , but I am told it is still in Flat Wood . The build day was Oct 7th. and this is the 25th. When you get a chance can you give me an update please.
Thanks for your help Mike
Old 10/25/13, 03:21 PM

Originally Posted by Mikeodo
Hey Deysha

This is mikeodo when you check on the Beast Can you see if mine is moving on the train yet. I called SVT and they told me it is in transit. I thought that meant it was moving towards Phoenix , but I am told it is still in Flat Wood . The build day was Oct 7th. and this is the 25th. When you get a chance can you give me an update please.
Thanks for your help Mike
Flat Rock not wood.
Old 10/25/13, 08:04 PM

Today was the day! It arrived at the dealership at ~ 1:45 this afternoon and I drove it home about 5:30 this evening.

I took a whole bunch of pics this afternoon before and during the PDI. It was filthy from the train ride though, so I doubt I'll be posting those. These are the only two I had time/patience to take after it was cleaned up before driving it off the lot.

SGM w/black stripes. SVTPP + EP + GR

http://chattypics.com/files/14_GT500_1_s2vojf7y7m.png
http://chattypics.com/files/14_GT500_2_xdduzik3g6.png

The glass roof is pretty sweet: http://chattypics.com/files/14_GT500_3_4t2ffl5hau.png

I had them leave the front splitter in the box. It'll just get torn up on my driveway, no point in installing it.

The glass roof option is amazingly nice. I love it.

Despite having driven GT500s for the past 4 years and having previously owned a '13, I haven't driven one in nearly 7 months now and it drives a little differently than the little Focus SE I've been driving does, to say the least. It's pretty intimidating and I'm treating the car with respect.

I'd forgotten how stiff the '13/'14 clutch is, and there isn't much room for feathering - it's either on or off. I'll get used to it again.

I've only driven it about 10 miles so far, but the power and torque are amazing. Feels like more than I remember the '13 having even though I know it isn't.

I watched the PDI and I rode with the tech during the PDI test drive. The tech did a good job and got on it a couple of times with my full approval. The car had 5.3 miles on it and was in transport mode when we started the test drive (SC locked, no boost), so the tech went back to the shop and took it out of transport mode by disconnecting the battery for a couple of minutes to reset the ECU. When we drove away the 2nd time the car was awake and ready to rock.

It's good to be back it a GT500. I'm keeping the Focus right now as a DD for at least the coming winter. Don't feel like dealing with those tires in the cold.
Old 10/27/13, 05:15 AM
GT Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Today was the day! It arrived at the dealership at ~ 1:45 this afternoon and I drove it home about 5:30 this evening.

I took a whole bunch of pics this afternoon before and during the PDI. It was filthy from the train ride though, so I doubt I'll be posting those. These are the only two I had time/patience to take after it was cleaned up before driving it off the lot.

SGM w/black stripes. SVTPP + EP + GR

http://chattypics.com/files/14_GT500_1_s2vojf7y7m.png
http://chattypics.com/files/14_GT500_2_xdduzik3g6.png

The glass roof is pretty sweet: http://chattypics.com/files/14_GT500_3_4t2ffl5hau.png

I had them leave the front splitter in the box. It'll just get torn up on my driveway, no point in installing it.

The glass roof option is amazingly nice. I love it.

Despite having driven GT500s for the past 4 years and having previously owned a '13, I haven't driven one in nearly 7 months now and it drives a little differently than the little Focus SE I've been driving does, to say the least. It's pretty intimidating and I'm treating the car with respect.

I'd forgotten how stiff the '13/'14 clutch is, and there isn't much room for feathering - it's either on or off. I'll get used to it again.

I've only driven it about 10 miles so far, but the power and torque are amazing. Feels like more than I remember the '13 having even though I know it isn't.

I watched the PDI and I rode with the tech during the PDI test drive. The tech did a good job and got on it a couple of times with my full approval. The car had 5.3 miles on it and was in transport mode when we started the test drive (SC locked, no boost), so the tech went back to the shop and took it out of transport mode by disconnecting the battery for a couple of minutes to reset the ECU. When we drove away the 2nd time the car was awake and ready to rock.

It's good to be back it a GT500. I'm keeping the Focus right now as a DD for at least the coming winter. Don't feel like dealing with those tires in the cold.
Great pics and nice looking car...

That glass roof is a great option had it on my 09 and loved it. There was a drone noise around 70mph hopefully on the newer cars that's not the case.

Just ordered my ingot gt premium with the glass roof..... waiting.... it been three weeks without a GT in the garage. Sure do miss it...

Last edited by dkj313; 10/27/13 at 06:09 PM.
Old 10/27/13, 05:55 PM
Roush Forum Stalker

Awesome. Congrats and enjoy.
Old 10/27/13, 06:05 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by dkj313
Great pics and nice looking car... That glass roof is a great option had it on my 09 and loved it. There was a drone noise around 70mph hopefully on the newer cars that's not the case. Just ordered my ingot get premium with the glass roof..... waiting.... it been three weeks without a GT in the garage. Sure do miss it...
You'll love ingot. It pops in sunlight and really shows off the body lines. Plus it's super easy to keep clean I love it.
Old 10/27/13, 06:08 PM
GT Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by FullRide14
You'll love ingot. It pops in sunlight and really shows off the body lines. Plus it's super easy to keep clean I love it.

Nice. I came from vapor silver and just loved the way it looked in low light..

Post some pcs of your ignot.
Old 10/27/13, 07:36 PM
GT Member

Arrived on Friday. Love the way DIB looks in the sun.

Name:  photo7_zps8bb93515.jpg
Views: 43
Size:  133.7 KB

Name:  photo3_zps0321aa54.jpg
Views: 34
Size:  139.4 KB

Name:  photo2_zps328e4e5d.jpg
Views: 52
Size:  131.1 KB

Thought I had seen every picture of this model. Did not know the shape of the rear spoiler was different with the rear camera installed

Name:  photo8_zps31652d50.jpg
Views: 36
Size:  144.5 KB

Thanks to Deysha and the Ford Service team for helping out during the ordering process
Old 10/27/13, 08:09 PM
Bullitt Member

dburton...beautiful car! Seeing how good DIB looks has me second guessing my Ruby Red choice. Interesting about the spoiler, I also got the camera, can't wait to see what they stick on my car. Enjoy it your new ride, it looks great!
Old 10/27/13, 08:19 PM
GT Member

RubyRed - Did you see MrSuitcase's post with the Ruby Red. That thing looked great too.

https://themustangsource.com/f726/20...4/#post6704525

Hard to go wrong.
Old 10/27/13, 10:18 PM
Bullitt Member

RubyRed - Did you see MrSuitcase's post with the Ruby Red. That thing looked great too.

https://themustangsource.com/f726/20...4/#post6704525

Hard to go wrong.
Thanks! By the way, your DIB was my second choice, and it was not easy for me to settle on Ruby Red. Now that I see yours, I have to say it is just as gorgeous as mine and I would have been happy with either option!
Old 10/28/13, 06:42 PM
Roush Forum Stalker

Nice car Dennis! Congrats.
Old 10/28/13, 06:46 PM
V6 Member

That looks amazing. DIB was on my shortlist, too. Congrats.

Quick Reply: 2014 Ordered/Built/Delivered Thread