05-09 Exterior Modifications Making Your '05 Stand Out from the Crowd

Louver replacement for quarter window glass

Search this Thread

Old 1/10/07, 04:26 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Can't wait to see pics of these louvers installed on black stangs. Are any of you planning on installing them as is?

Marcello-Off topic but still about one of your products. Do you have a pic of your satin cupholders next to any parts of the car that are satin for comparison?? I'm considering buying one but don't want to order one, not like it and get stuck with the restocking/shipping fee.
Old 1/10/07, 04:58 PM
V6 Member

I'm planning on installing as is. But then again, I'll know for sure once I have the parts in hand.
Old 1/10/07, 05:14 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by 06Tungstang
I'm planning on installing as is. But then again, I'll know for sure once I have the parts in hand.
Well after talking to Marcello right now I'm 95% sold on getting them unpainted although I might consider just getting the outer trim painted in a glossy black just to match the car. Reaon being I want it to have a glossy look instead of textured look on the plastic. Either way I think I'll wait to see everyones pics first even if it means I don't get the pre-order price and don't get mine first. My next car show isn't untill late March so I still have plenty of time.
Old 1/10/07, 05:32 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

same here i am sold on them but i would still like to see them on more cars, and i will pay full price if i have to, helps with all the money that needs to made up for this project
Old 1/10/07, 06:09 PM
I lust for a M24

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I was the first to install a CDC Ducktail, and the first to put an Engine Start Button in a S197. Therefore, I say the official guinea pig get's 1st dibs.

I'm sure there'll be a bulk mailing coming up soon. :fingerscrossed:
Old 1/10/07, 07:54 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by LEO_06GT
Marcello-Off topic but still about one of your products. Do you have a pic of your satin cupholders next to any parts of the car that are satin for comparison?? I'm considering buying one but don't want to order one, not like it and get stuck with the restocking/shipping fee.
I have the satin cup holder and the satin IUP, they look good together .
You will not be disapointed
Do these photos help?
Attached Thumbnails Louver replacement for quarter window glass-mustang-ii-012.jpg   Louver replacement for quarter window glass-mustang-ii-058.jpg   Louver replacement for quarter window glass-mustang-ii-061.jpg  
Old 1/10/07, 09:15 PM
V6 Member

Yes it does Doug...I'm sold on it

Old 1/10/07, 09:23 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by Dougxox
I have the satin cup holder and the satin IUP, they look good together .
You will not be disapointed
Do these photos help?
Thanks for the pics. It looks like a great match.
Old 1/11/07, 12:00 AM
Legacy Tms Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I want to see the competition try and keep up with us as we really start to show off our capabilities...

There was a question, oh maybe 20 pages back (LOL) about the durability of our product since it is "just" made from a plastic... I hope this picture puts that to rest and why we used Lexan as the material of choice. If not, it will still be introduced to "hot flying lead" hopefully this weekend to test what caliber round it will take... Any other manufacturer of side louvers want to step up and offer to try the same? If it were not for the scratches induced by the asphalt as the part dug into the ground, I would've been able to probably package this baby up for sale!! (Just kidding - this was a test piece).

Anyway, everyone on the list, you've got mail! Leo, thanks for the call - I'm always happy to talk to people regarding our products - even though I didn't know who you were until the end of the conversation, so I wasn't schmoozing you just because of who you are

Let's see - for everyone not on the email list - short version - we're waiting on the resin to arrive from the manufacturer and we're finishing the passenger side mold. The driver's side needs 3 minor flaws fixed, and we have time since the resin is expected to arrive near the end of the month. When it does, we will "sample" the passenger mold to insure it's ready, and so long as no major issues stop things, we will commence production at that point. As to who gets what first...

I do keep the pre-orders in order of when they were placed, and they go out in that order, although truth be told when we ramp up, we'll be shipping 30-40 sets a day, so it won't take long to get everyone covered.

Pre-paint option is still up in the air - waiting on word from the two shops as to price - I will relay this as soon as I have the information.
Attached Images      
Old 1/11/07, 12:05 AM
Legacy Tms Member

More pictures - and a note - the painted parts were done with standard spray-can, and no masking, so they are just for "reference". Also, check out the mold in the machine, as well as the passenger side out being hand-finished.
Attached Images      
Old 1/11/07, 12:17 AM
Legacy TMS Member

It was my pleasure this afternoon. Your the stand up guy everyone says you are. Impressive to see that the "plastic" will support the weight. Can you please post a zoomed in pic so we can get a feel for what the texture looks like up close?

Thanks,
Leo
Old 1/11/07, 12:57 AM
Legacy Tms Member

Leo,

It is so smooth it does not photograph well - it is best described as a "frosted" finish, relatively smooth to the touch, which ends up giving the part a satin appearance. The biggest concern is that we didn't want it to be so rough as to be difficult to paint, so we had to stay away from the coarser abrasives while blasting - this is a very fine blast material we used - although I can't mention which one.

I will attempt to photograph it in the studio after the range firing and see if I can't accomodate you.
Old 1/11/07, 02:38 AM
Legacy TMS Member

The fact that they're not rough is fine by me as that's what I was hoping for. I'll be standing by for some pics.
Old 1/11/07, 06:11 AM
I lust for a M24

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I voulenteer to come down and help on the firing line. I got some stuff that'll be sure to finish it off.
Old 1/11/07, 06:13 AM
Bullitt Member

The fact that they're not rough is fine by me as that's what I was hoping for. I'll be standing by for some pics.

I would say the texture is about the same as etched glass perhaps, you can see it, but is smooth to the touch.

It is what contributes to the opaque surface in the area's other than what is intended to be clear.

It is no more than what you would want for paint/adhesives to stick to the surface.
Old 1/11/07, 06:19 AM
Bullitt Member

Marcello, I have a box of Federal .357 Magnum 158 grain Hydra-Shok Jacketed Hollow Points with the medium for delivery if you need any assistance in testing the part for 'urban combat' survive-ability
Old 1/11/07, 06:29 AM
V6 Member

Well after talking to Marcello right now I'm 95% sold on getting them unpainted although I might consider just getting the outer trim painted in a glossy black just to match the car. Reaon being I want it to have a glossy look instead of textured look on the plastic. Either way I think I'll wait to see everyones pics first even if it means I don't get the pre-order price and don't get mine first. My next car show isn't untill late March so I still have plenty of time.
That's the only thing that I will do to mine IF I paint them is Gloss black on the outer trim.

Originally Posted by SilverHorseRacing

I do keep the pre-orders in order of when they were placed, and they go out in that order, although truth be told when we ramp up, we'll be shipping 30-40 sets a day, so it won't take long to get everyone covered.
Is there a way to find out where we are in line on that list?
Old 1/11/07, 06:44 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by 05GT-O.C.D.
I voulenteer to come down and help on the firing line. I got some stuff that'll be sure to finish it off.
Vehicles from Ohio are not allowed in Florida without a
G A T O R N A T I O N sticker covering the tag.
Old 1/11/07, 07:33 AM
Team Mustang Source

Just read the email, I cant wait. At this point in time I will be paining mine but masking off the clear parts for visibility.
Old 1/11/07, 08:37 AM
Legacy Tms Member

Well, I'm guessing the .357 will penetrate - we're just looking to have some fun with the extra test parts, and hoping that a .22, maybe even a .380 or a 9mm might get held up, but fully expect anything larger to take its toll on them. But if you guys want to test the production pieces we ship out to you, we can always sell you another set after the fact !! We've got availability of .50 here if need be, so I figure it can be "taken down" with extreme prejudice if needed. * Disclaimer * We are not advertising these as bulletproof!! (but some destructive testing is always fun!)

On the order in the list - nope. They are in a drawer in order, and if I answer for one, everyone will want the same answer, and I don't want to have to go through that process this close to production - you're in there, and will get covered in the first week of shipments - fair enough?

Quick Reply: Louver replacement for quarter window glass