05-09 Exterior Modifications Making Your '05 Stand Out from the Crowd

Louver replacement for quarter window glass

Search this Thread

Old 1/24/07, 06:51 PM
Legacy Tms Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Hi, me too. I started when I was 15, and it's been a very debilitating disease, to the point where it cost me my job, my garage, my driveway, my dining room, my den, my patio, my shop, and really stresses my family. My son and daughter also show signs of the disease, my son at 7 being able to pick out the Mustang in a group of cars, and my daughter wanting to watch Disney's "Cars" until the DVD player melts.

Luckily, my wife has only a mild form of the illness, and although she has had a Mustang since she was 19, she recently has exited rehab and now drives a family sedan... a Lincoln LS V8

Oh, you guys want me to give you some news.... almost forgot....

The truck backed up to the shop today, 2 tons of polycarbonate resin was offloaded, and we are loading the Driver's side mold tomorrow. IT should be ready for "sampling" and final 100% sign-off Friday, at which point production will commence, and we will run the first run of them. When it is done ( normally takes a couple days of 24/7 running) we will break it down, mount the passenger mold, and sample it - so long as there are no major snags, it will run off as well, and we should be able to start shipping by February 5th or so, depending on how we get that all sorted out.

Painting... I have another meeting tomorrow... still working on that....

DIY guys: I have ordered 10 cases of 3M's best Urethane window adhesive / sealant to do the job - one tube will do both windows no problem. It is NASCAR, and Federally approved, and meets / exceeds all OEM standards. It will be available on the website in a couple days for a competitive price, and we can pack it with the windows if you want it - anyone on the pre-order that orders the sealant, we will not charge any additional shipping, and we'll get it in the same box for you. A caulk gun is required for use (comes in a cartridge tube).

We may also start carrying the kits to R&R the glass, just to further help the DIY guys from having to go all over town to get everything needed.\

Time of posts - yep - I work late, early, middle... being your own boss isn't all just fun and games at the beach - but I like what I'm doing so it's all good.

Finally...

I hope everyone who wanted in on the discounted pre-order got in... the website has already started to change (more changes coming) and we're pulling the eBay ads tonight, so it's officially over.
Old 1/24/07, 07:40 PM
I lust for a M24

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by jayguy
Just curious, do you have a count of the pre-orders? .
I'm guessing about 120 based on the email list???

I dunno, but I'm excited to get mine and glad to be on 'the list'.
Old 1/24/07, 07:57 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Wow, I made it just in time...I would definately be interested in the special caulking and the kit to DIY. So Marcello, what do we have to do to get this included in our order with no additional shipping as you had mentioned, also interested in paint...will you be offering all of the above to all the people that preordered before the product gets shipped?
Old 1/24/07, 08:12 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've got my fingers crossed everthing goes well with the run. We're getting close now!

I like the idea of being able to order everything necessary to do the installation. Definitely will be having you paint them too.
Old 1/24/07, 08:37 PM
Legacy Tms Member

Originally Posted by 05GT-O.C.D.
I'm guessing about 120 based on the email list???
Oops - sorry everyone, the list is supposed to BCC, not just send with emails attached - please don't abuse our mistake with that one.

Actually, the count is right around 160, there's a bunch that don't have email, or ordered multiple sets with one email, etc..

Also, we'll try and take care of everyone on the pre-order list as best we can with the options, hence why all the "kicking it into high gear" stuff going on around here right now.
Old 1/24/07, 08:46 PM
I lust for a M24

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
No biggie, my spam filter's up pretty high.
Old 1/24/07, 10:31 PM
Cobra Member

Man... first the louvers, then another order for the sealant, another order for the tools, another order ( well, actually addition ) for the paint... man, I should just mail you the credit card and tell ya to put it in the box when it ships out

Actually, that is great though. One stop shopping makes life much easier.
Old 1/25/07, 05:47 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

[QUOTE=hawgman;828179]Man... first the louvers, then another order for the sealant, another order for the tools, another order ( well, actually addition ) for the paint... man, I should just mail you the credit card and tell ya to put it in the box when it ships out

Old 1/25/07, 12:39 PM
Team Mustang Source

This is great. If everything goes as planned, I should have mine sometime in the middle of February. Lets see, send to painter, call glass guy up and get them installed.
Old 1/25/07, 06:43 PM
Legacy Tms Member

Yes, that is the planned timeframe.

Today:

Received word the driver's mold is being loaded for sampling / run-off tomorrow... I hate driving there on Friday to sign off on it, but the sacrifices I make... So long as they don't have any "new" problems from the modifications, we'll be making parts here very shortly. Again, once the driver's side is done, the machine gets broken down, the molds swapped to the passenger side, rinse, lather, and repeat...

3M accepted our P.O. (we have an account with them for the honeycomb panels) for the urethane adhesive, so 10 cases of that are inbound to us. Left messages for the tool supplier to give us a call, figuring I might be able to gain some leverage for everyone if I order a few hundred window removal kits at once...

I'll get the directions done hopefully sometime next week, and we're already starting to plan how to get this all packed and done to get them out. Yes, there is going to be a lot of confusion with this launch given the complexity of the product options, but bear with us, we'll get everyone taken care of I'm sure.
Old 1/25/07, 09:39 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Hey Marcello, Did you know this thread is one of the most read threads on TMS, actually I think its the 2ed most read with some 32,500+ hits. Congrads.
Old 1/25/07, 10:13 PM
Legacy Tms Member

Thanks, although that is either a testament to everyone's desire to see these come to fruition, or a remark on how slow these things get done sometimes...

Seriously though, we've had one heck of a discussion on these leading up to the production, much more than the Honeycomb panel, but this tends to be a bit more complex because of the installation options presented by painting, etc.. that the honeycomb panel didn't have to worry about. That, and nobody knew us back then, so I was just this guy with a small company and a dream

Now I'm a guy with a small company, and no time to sleep to dream !!
Old 1/26/07, 09:23 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by jayguy
Anyone seen these yet? http://www.shelbyautos.com/ShowDetail.asp?id=62

I might have to drive up to Shelby after I get my SHR louvers installed, and try them out (if I can) without sticking them on.

It'd be nice to see how they look around the painted louvers, too.
They are available
http://www.partscheap.com/scottdrake05.htm
Old 1/27/07, 10:44 AM
legacy Tms Member

Received 66 Likes on 31 Posts
Marcello-
sounds like everythings falling into place, thanks for helping beautify our roads with even better looking Mustangs you guys make some nice looking stuff for sure.

quick question- a while back there was talk of precut vinyl masking- did you ever find a vendor to do that yet, if so what will approx cost be for masks, and would they be available for early orders? just curious...keep up the good work!
Tim
Old 1/28/07, 11:41 PM
Legacy Tms Member

Well, it was on-again, off-again, now on-again.

As soon as I see the price, I will pass it along.

On the windows... I was supposed to be there Friday, then it got bumped to Saturday, now it's Tuesday. There was a problem with one of the modifications having an "unintended" consequence, which as usual brings everything to a standstill.

Hopefully though it will be resolved quickly and production can start. I want this done!!
Old 1/29/07, 07:16 AM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by SilverHorseRacing
. I want this done!!
So do alot of us! I can't wait Marcello, keep up the hard work.
Old 1/29/07, 07:44 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Dude is that the price they are going to stay at because if they are, anything in that price range will be sweet
Old 1/29/07, 10:13 PM
Legacy Tms Member

If you are referring to our 149.00 retail price, then yes, as long as we can afford to keep it there, we will.

I want people to remember and know us for our high quality, not high prices. Fair prices, yes, but not any higher than what is needed to keep us around for another day or two
Old 1/29/07, 10:55 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by RedDragon777
Dude is that the price they are going to stay at because if they are, anything in that price range will be sweet
I concur! Even if I had not made it on the preorder list, I would have ZERO problem paying the $149
Old 1/29/07, 11:02 PM
Legacy Tms Member

Well that's good to hear - let's hope there are a lot of other people out there that think the same!! The honeycomb panel was close - 89 vs. 129.00 originally, and now it's 139.00 due to material increases (from plastic to packing to printing, etc). Hopefully raw materials have leveled off for a while, and we won't be chasing material costs for a while.

Quick Reply: Louver replacement for quarter window glass