Aftermarket 2005+ Mustangs Discuss the Offerings from Roush, Saleen, Steeda, Shinoda, and Others

2007 Cobra to be unveiled at New York Auto Show

Search this Thread

Old 2/16/05, 07:55 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by waitingforSVT@February 16, 2005, 8:48 AM
Volvo/Ford has one right now.
uuuummm no. The only AWD sedan Ford has right now is the 200hp 500.
Old 2/16/05, 07:56 AM
Mach 1 Member

He is referring to the S60R, and the Mazdaspeed 6. Which actually only has 274hp.
Old 2/16/05, 08:39 AM

Who said anything about a flame war?

I was just giving my opinion. Someone else brought up the L and started ripping on it. I was just defending the idea of it.

And yes my souces are good considering they are SVT. They have thing called owner focus groups where they pay to fly you to events and discuss the future products that are in development. You aren't allowed to talk about what you see/hear/drive.

I came on this forum to see if there was any new news about the SVT Mustang that I wasn't privy too and to meet people friendly people that are interested in it. Next time I'll be driving the SVT Mustang will be at the SVTOA Sebring, FL track event in April. And I've already reserved one at Galloway Ford in Ft Myers(they have 3 Ford GT's there and some Saleens )

Don't worry I won't post on this forum again.
Old 2/16/05, 08:42 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by waitingforSVT@February 16, 2005, 9:42 AM

I was just giving my opinion. Someone else brought up the L and started ripping on it. I was just defending the idea of it.

And yes my souces are good considering they are SVT. They have thing called owner focus groups where they pay to fly you to events and discuss the future products that are in development. You aren't allowed to talk about what you see/hear/drive.

I came on this forum to see if there was any new news about the SVT Mustang that I wasn't privy too and to meet people friendly people that are interested in it. Next time I'll be driving the SVT Mustang will be at the SVTOA Sebring, FL track event in April. And I've already reserved one at Galloway Ford in Ft Myers(they have 3 Ford GT's there and some Saleens )

Interesting, I'm an SVT owner and I've never heard of it. I guess you are special.
Old 2/16/05, 08:59 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by waitingforSVT@February 16, 2005, 10:42 AM

1) If you are flown out to wherever, not to discuss secret info that you're priveledged to, because you are a SVT owner, then WHY would you be here looking for info that was "withheld" from you? You seem to have more info, though I don't know how credible it is.

2) We are a friendly bunch. We do have our share of squabbles on here but, show me a state of Utopia where there aren't any. We are not hate mongers but we do get denfensive w/ people who love to come in here and start telling people they're flat out wrong w/o any substance to back it up. There is a right way and a wrong way, my friend, and you deffinately went about it the wrong way. If we are wrong, then say "hey, I have some info on the new SVT products....."

3) If you don't want to post here again, thats all on you. I personally would love to hear what you have to say, if you could do it w/o being so condescending. You can't expect to come in here like that, making comments like that, w/o any retalliation from the rest of us.
Old 2/16/05, 02:05 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by waitingforSVT@February 16, 2005, 3:42 PM

Somebody ripped on the Lightning? I am certain your are referring to me, but I never said anything bad about the Lightning at all so how exactly did I "rip on it"?

I did say that given SVT's real mission, which is to increase interest in Fords, their attention would likely be better devoted towards another vehicle considering the F-150 is flying down the assembly line and off lots at something above the speed of sound.

I pointed out the Explorer as a good example of a vehicle that could uses the boost, and I personally think a 5-passenger 4-door vehicle that makes nearly 500hp would likely be very popular indeed. Explorer sales have taken a big dip, and with a revised Explorer on the horizon a SVT version would be a very good way to build up some buzz and prestige around the brand again. (A well thought out Eddie Bauer would not hurt either)

I would also guess it would likely cost less to develop then the F-150 as it is a few hundred pounds lighter and it's suspension is almost certainly a bit closer to where SVT would want it in stock trim than is the F-series. Add to this the increased passenger capacity and you have an inffintely broader marker for this truck than does the F-150. If it outran a Turbo Cayenne (with near 500hp it would) it would bring unrivaled bragging rights to the Ford brand too,

If Ford has money to burn then the Lightning would be right below the Mustang Cobra on my "must-build" list for SVT. Unfortunately Ford is anything but over-endowed with cash right now and SVT needs to do it's job, increasing interest in more mainstream vehicles, and do it well more than every before.

If that means no Lightning for a while I hate to se it, but these guys are running a business and they have to think of the larger picture. The F-150 just does not need the "help".
Old 2/17/05, 05:51 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by SVTJayC@February 16, 2005, 8:44 AM
What noone wants OBVIOUSLY BY THE FACT THAT THEY CANCELLED IT, is a stupid 500hp pickup truck. A vehicle that is truly only good for 1 thing, going in a straight line. Well, 2 things. Going in a straight line, and looking like a complete red neck while doing so.
And there is a Cobra...my source has seen it/driven it/worked on it? Has yours?

You are obviously one of those drivers that has NEVER been to a road course and seen the Ls run.
IMHO, they run VERY well in the twisties for a 5000 lb truck ...... GMAFB ....

I hate the friggin Internet .... and BTW .... my Mother's Aunt's brother in law on his sister's side has seen it/driven it/worked on it ..... :bang:
Old 2/17/05, 08:19 AM
Mach 1 Member

See the difference between you and I, is that you are lying, and I am not. I would be happy to fwd you his business card after the Cobra is unveiled in NYC. I would wager not too many of these other people "in the know" would be willing to do the same.
Old 2/17/05, 12:20 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by crazyhorse@February 15, 2005, 7:39 PM
the hype and speculation of this pales in comparison to what it was for the '05 a year and a half ago. I remember the day the "dealer black and white photo" hit the board. The board went nuts.

I remember it all too well. I still remember the time when this place didn't even have a countdown for the unveiling of the '05 yet. It doesn't even seem like that long ago, but this site has come a long way
Old 2/17/05, 12:33 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by SVTJayC@February 16, 2005, 8:44 AM

What noone wants OBVIOUSLY BY THE FACT THAT THEY CANCELLED IT, is a stupid 500hp pickup truck. A vehicle that is truly only good for 1 thing, going in a straight line. Well, 2 things. Going in a straight line, and looking like a complete red neck while doing so.

Ummm if you're talking about the Lightning then...

Sorry to say but you're wrong buddy. Ford and SVT didn't cancel the Lightning, but rather postponed it to concentrate on the Cobra. The L was very popular so I wouldn't consider it a "stupid pickup truck" Oh and looking like a red-neck on a lowered, supercharged, truck with bigger rims and a body kit on it?!?!? :scratch: Am I missing something here?
Old 2/17/05, 12:51 PM
Mach 1 Member

yeah, I don't think that was a good analogy for the Lightning. The same could be said for just about any vehicle and a Neck. But I think he may have been referring to the guys in the Dodge commercial, " Does it got a Hemi?"
Old 2/17/05, 02:40 PM
Mach 1 Member

Uh...the Lightning is CANCELLED. Not posponed. CAN-CELLED. If you want to call it "postponed indefinitley" be my guest. But that is just big people's talk for cancelled.
Old 2/17/05, 03:09 PM
Mach 1 Member

stop hijacking the thread with your petty argument, if you want to argue PM each other
Old 2/17/05, 04:27 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by SVTJayC@February 17, 2005, 3:43 PM
Uh...the Lightning is CANCELLED. Not posponed. CAN-CELLED. If you want to call it "postponed indefinitley" be my guest. But that is just big people's talk for cancelled.
Again, I'm sorry...
for making a statment claiming to invalidate yours without proof. So here it is, straight from Ford's SVT website...

"While Ford has announced that development of the next-generation SVT F-150 Lightning has been delayed until its high-performance engineers can create a new version that fits into Ford's manufacturing and marketing cadence, there can be no doubt that the F-150 Lightning is a viable SVT product with a future full of possibilities."

http://www.svt.ford.com/newsSvtSleeves.asp
Old 2/17/05, 04:30 PM
Mach 1 Member

Yeah...sounds promising...the SVT Focus has a future full of possibilities too.
Old 2/17/05, 04:50 PM
Bullitt Member

You probably had the Lightning confused with the Contour

:P
Old 2/17/05, 07:59 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally posted by SVTJayC@February 17, 2005, 6:33 PM
Yeah...sounds promising...the SVT Focus has a future full of possibilities too.
wn3d:
Old 2/17/05, 08:31 PM
GT Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
stop hijacking the thread with your petty argument, if you want to argue PM each other
I don't read this forum for a p*ss*ng contest. I am truly interested in the SVT Mustang, Cobra or what ever they call it and I have no interest this crap or arguments about whether or not it will have IRS or a live axle. We will know soon, the rest is guess work or in this case ego. :bang:
Old 2/17/05, 08:43 PM
Mach 1 Member

preach on brotha!!
Old 2/18/05, 09:17 AM
Cobra Member

The only thing I can say is the anticipation is KILLING me!! I can't wait to see the new Cobra Like just about everyone here, we've been waiting a long time for the new Cobra

Quick Reply: 2007 Cobra to be unveiled at New York Auto Show