Aftermarket 2005+ Mustangs Discuss the Offerings from Roush, Saleen, Steeda, Shinoda, and Others

2007 Cobra to be unveiled at New York Auto Show

Search this Thread

Old 3/9/05, 11:46 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by thezeppelin8@March 9, 2005, 10:54 AM
17 more days!!!
14 days. 3/23 1:00pm.
Old 3/9/05, 11:47 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The 04' Cobra looked very similar to an 04' GT. Wonder if that will be the case in 07' :scratch:

I hope they make it look different so people can see your driving around a 450 hp car, but then again they should be able to hear it...
Old 3/9/05, 11:50 AM
GT Member

There is only one guarantee in SVT land.. Every time somebody posts in this thread, Crazyhorse is soon to follow... If nothing else, he should get the first one off the line for the sheer enthusiasm he has shown.

I count down the days and look forward to receiving more information.
Old 3/9/05, 12:48 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally posted by Shelby Roadster@March 9, 2005, 1:53 PM
There is only one guarantee in SVT land.. Every time somebody posts in this thread, Crazyhorse is soon to follow... If nothing else, he should get the first one off the line for the sheer enthusiasm he has shown.

Thought I better respond. Didn't want your prophecy to fail.

As you have probably read before. I have been waiting on this car for a long time. Reading and posting on this board is all I have to keep me from going completely over the edge. If you think I am bad on here, you should talk to my wife. She is in a hurry for the Cobra to be released just to get me to shut up.

I will take that first one off the line if you all (and Jay Leno) don't mind.
Old 3/9/05, 01:04 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by crazyhorse+March 9, 2005, 1:51 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(crazyhorse @ March 9, 2005, 1:51 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-Shelby Roadster@March 9, 2005, 1:53 PM

As you have probably read before. I have been waiting on this car for a long time. Reading and posting on this board is all I have to keep me from going completely over the edge. If you think I am bad on here, you should talk to my wife. She is in a hurry for the Cobra to be released just to get me to shut up.

[/b][/quote]

Your wife too? My wife is complaining that this is the most talked about thing since I was hunting for a '69 GT500 Convertible.....she just wants me to buy it and stop talking about it! Oh, yeah....and she wants to drive it, too!!!
After this, I'll need a new hobby...with all the free time I'll have
Old 3/9/05, 02:00 PM
GT Member

Originally posted by wakerider017@March 9, 2005, 12:50 PM
The 04' Cobra looked very similar to an 04' GT. Wonder if that will be the case in 07' :scratch:

I hope they make it look different so people can see your driving around a 450 hp car, but then again they should be able to hear it...
Very similar? Different rear bumper cover, different front bumper cover, different hood, different spoiler, ...

I don't really have any trouble picking out Cobras from GT's even from a long distance. Not that I really care if anyone recognizes my car for what it is... they're only going to see taillights anyway

Dave
Old 3/9/05, 02:27 PM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by crispy23c+March 9, 2005, 2:07 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(crispy23c @ March 9, 2005, 2:07 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Originally posted by crazyhorse@March 9, 2005, 1:51 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-Shelby Roadster
@March 9, 2005, 1:53 PM

Your wife too? My wife is complaining that this is the most talked about thing since I was hunting for a '69 GT500 Convertible.....she just wants me to buy it and stop talking about it! Oh, yeah....and she wants to drive it, too!!!
[/b][/quote]

Make that three. I have a countdown on my pc until the reveal. I talk about it so much that it is driving my kids nuts too Seriously, I'll take the second one behind Crazyhorse, make mine black please...
Old 3/9/05, 02:40 PM
Banned

Originally posted by S197Cobra+March 9, 2005, 3:03 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(S197Cobra @ March 9, 2005, 3:03 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-wakerider017@March 9, 2005, 12:50 PM

Very similar? Different rear bumper cover, different front bumper cover, different hood, different spoiler, ...

I don't really have any trouble picking out Cobras from GT's even from a long distance. Not that I really care if anyone recognizes my car for what it is... they're only going to see taillights anyway

Dave
[/b][/quote]

I think those are suddle diferences. Ya it says cobra on the bumper... but thats hard to see. The biggest dif is the ducktail spoiler (which is awesome).

I want there to be a bigger difference. (Mabey different taillights, flared bumpers, and other little details?)

Hey does the 05' GT have HID headlights like on BMW's? The guy at my dealership did not know lol
Old 3/9/05, 03:07 PM
GT Member

Originally posted by MustangFanatic+March 9, 2005, 5:30 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(MustangFanatic @ March 9, 2005, 5:30 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Originally posted by crispy23c@March 9, 2005, 2:07 PM
Originally posted by crazyhorse@March 9, 2005, 1:51 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-Shelby Roadster
@March 9, 2005, 1:53 PM

Make that three. I have a countdown on my pc until the reveal. I talk about it so much that it is driving my kids nuts too Seriously, I'll take the second one behind Crazyhorse, make mine black please...
[/b][/quote]

Four...I have a countdown going in my instant messenger profile so everyone on my buddylist has to see it I'll go ahead and take the third one B)
Old 3/9/05, 03:30 PM
GTR Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Easy on the quotes, you're making my head spin. :P
Old 3/9/05, 08:31 PM
Banned

what do you guys think of the Saleen?

Saleen's patented Series 6 twin-screw supercharger gets bolted on so this engine produces 500 horsepower and 480 lb-ft of torque.

Nice engine.... but too flashy for me.
Old 3/9/05, 08:45 PM
GTR Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Nice, but let's stick with the Cobra in this thread.
Old 3/9/05, 09:27 PM

Originally posted by Route 66@March 7, 2005, 10:54 AM
According to Blue Oval News, 1:00 pm on the 23rd, Ford will have a news conference to unveil next cobra. Here's link: http://www.blueovalnews.com/2005/products/...stang030505.htm
I am not so sure the production GT we got was like the "Terminator" they presented. The production GT was missing the following items: Glass top roof, Cobra Misano L seats, side scoops, Duel vented hood, 20 inch rims, and about 100 + horses.

I understand that they have to leave room for the aftermarket companies, but for me it was missing some really nice features.

None the less, I am still a mustang junkie and I am eagerly awaiting the Cobra release
B)
Old 3/10/05, 06:04 AM
Team Mustang Source

I'm talking about the concept for the 2003/2004 Cobra - code named terminator.

Terminator concept
Old 3/10/05, 07:35 AM
Bullitt Member

I think we're going to have to start a web-site for the wives:
www.cantgetmyhubbytoshutup.com or www.pleasemakethemstop.com, or even
www.cobrawidows.com B)

13 days and counting!!!
Old 3/10/05, 07:40 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by crispy23c@March 10, 2005, 8:38 AM
I think we're going to have to start a web-site for the wives:
www.cantgetmyhubbytoshutup.com or www.pleasemakethemstop.com, or even
www.cobrawidows.com B)

13 days and counting!!!

I am going to keep my GT,but my wife is dying for the cobra.She called our dealer to get on the waiting list,but he said there is no list for now.He said she can have the first one in.Her brother is friends with dealership owner.Its gonna be a long year for her.
Old 3/10/05, 08:10 AM
GT Member

Originally posted by wakerider017@March 9, 2005, 3:43 PM
I think those are suddle diferences. Ya it says cobra on the bumper... but thats hard to see. The biggest dif is the ducktail spoiler (which is awesome).
I guess it's just a matter of perspective. I agree that it's hard to see the "COBRA" written on the bumper. But the different shape of the bumper itself, along with the black insert along the bottom, and of course the wedgie wing, all make it easy for me to pick out a Cobra. From the front it's even easier with the great big lower fascia and foglights & such, not to mention the hood.

I want there to be a bigger difference. (Mabey different taillights, flared bumpers, and other little details?)
I wouldn't mind if they would bring back the export lights like they did in '99/01 (yellow turn signals). Not a huge difference, but it was kinda cool.

Hey does the 05' GT have HID headlights like on BMW's? The guy at my dealership did not know lol
No, it does not have HIDs from the factory. I would have to find a way to retrofit them, I have HIDs on my Cobra now and I'm addicted...

Dave
Old 3/10/05, 11:29 AM

I want to be the first one in Europe to drive one. Kinda cool to have a 97 and an 07.
Old 3/10/05, 01:41 PM
Banned

Do you think its gonna be a 24V or 32V?
Old 3/10/05, 02:29 PM

Originally posted by wakerider017@March 10, 2005, 3:44 PM
Do you think its gonna be a 24V or 32V?
I was hoping for a 32V, but I think it will be a 24V to reduce cost. I always liked the big valve covers of the DOHC motors, like my 97. Now we get the IMO less beautiful ones. On the other hand. There is more room for changing headers.

Quick Reply: 2007 Cobra to be unveiled at New York Auto Show