Aftermarket 2005+ Mustangs Discuss the Offerings from Roush, Saleen, Steeda, Shinoda, and Others

2007 Cobra to be unveiled at New York Auto Show

Search this Thread

Old 2/8/05, 10:32 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by crazyhorse@February 7, 2005, 9:11 PM
I hope it doesn't have the letters in the rear bumper like the last ones did.

a good friend of mine hopes they do have "COBRA" letters in the bumper - Scott Winger
Old 2/8/05, 10:41 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by Arboc@February 8, 2005, 12:31 PM
i have stated this b4 and i will state it again, i own a 96 SVT Cobra (vert) and i want the name SVT Cobra to continue, i have nothing against shelby, but the name (associated with ford) is not form my generation, i am 31, i have no problem with there beign a shelby mustang, but it should be slotted between the GT and the SVT Cobra, just as the bullitt and the mach 1 were

Long live the SVT Cobra, cant wait until march 23
I agree that there should be a Shelby Mustang as well as a SVT Cobra Mustang but how can you say that the Shelby should go here and the SVT should go there. Neither has been released to the public and, no offense but, you sound too far superior to anyone because you are a previous gen SVT owner. A statement like that shows how narrowminded you are, thinking that the SVT is @ the top of the food chain and that nothing could ever be improved upon it. Its thinking like that makes me hope there is version of the 'Stang that brings your ego down a couple of levels.
Old 2/8/05, 10:53 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by Arboc@February 8, 2005, 12:35 PM
a good friend of mine hopes they do have "COBRA" letters in the bumper - Scott Winger
I can think of a better way to distinguish a SVT Cobra from a GT than putting COBRA in big letters. Its too tacky. Subtle badging with the SVT logo and a Cobra emblem as well as a few minor body altercations would make for afar more classier vehicle.

Then you can put the GT and the Cobra side by side and hear
"Ooh! There's a GT, and look beside it , AW! MAN! That's a Cobra! SWEET!"

Just some feedback.
Old 2/8/05, 01:30 PM
GT Member

Originally posted by slavehand@February 8, 2005, 11:56 AM
Big bumper letters or not, this is already the case... ;-)
Old 2/8/05, 02:19 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by S197Cobra+February 8, 2005, 3:33 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(S197Cobra @ February 8, 2005, 3:33 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-slavehand@February 8, 2005, 11:56 AM
Big bumper letters or not, this is already the case... ;-)
[/b][/quote]

Actually, I'm astounded @ the # of people that can't tell a difference between a v6, a Saleen, and a SVT Cobra.

One would think that its pretty trivial to easily sort out the differences just based on looks alone. If I had a nickel for every time I was asked

"Is that, a GT?"............................then I'd have a lot of nickels.
Old 2/8/05, 02:30 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Agreed. I had a guy I work with that thought every GT was a Mach -- simply because of the fake scoop. Argh!

But, I'd be against Cobra on the bumper. Hopefully it'll be more then a badge, maybe a slightly agressive front end slant, or different moldings, etc. Guess we'll know soon enough.
Old 2/8/05, 02:37 PM
Mach 1 Member

Thats what I'm talking about. Subtle changes that scream Cobra, not tacky, plastic letters engraved into the bumper.
Old 2/8/05, 02:42 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by Arboc@February 8, 2005, 12:31 PM
i have stated this b4 and i will state it again, i own a 96 SVT Cobra (vert) and i want the name SVT Cobra to continue, i have nothing against shelby, but the name (associated with ford) is not form my generation, i am 31, i have no problem with there beign a shelby mustang, but it should be slotted between the GT and the SVT Cobra, just as the bullitt and the mach 1 were

I thought all along that this is where the Shelby would end up. It makes sense. The Cobra was top dog, the SEs are awesome in their own right and GT is the affordable daily driver. The SEs pay homage to the cars of yesteryear, which would include the Shelbys. I now, however, doubt that is what we will see. I think the Cobras and SEs will still be the same niche with Shelby being a high dollar factory "tuner" car with the hi-po parts and possibly the Ford GT motor.
Old 2/8/05, 08:45 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by slavehand+February 8, 2005, 12:44 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(slavehand @ February 8, 2005, 12:44 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-Arboc@February 8, 2005, 12:31 PM

I agree that there should be a Shelby Mustang as well as a SVT Cobra Mustang but how can you say that the Shelby should go here and the SVT should go there. Neither has been released to the public and, no offense but, you sound too far superior to anyone because you are a previous gen SVT owner. A statement like that shows how narrowminded you are, thinking that the SVT is @ the top of the food chain and that nothing could ever be improved upon it. Its thinking like that makes me hope there is version of the 'Stang that brings your ego down a couple of levels.
[/b][/quote]

just stating my opinion and we are all entitled to them - thanks for your insight on my superiority and ego
Old 2/8/05, 11:38 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by slavehand+February 8, 2005, 11:44 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(slavehand @ February 8, 2005, 11:44 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-Arboc@February 8, 2005, 12:31 PM

[/b][/quote]

2005 saleen s281e = 500 hp, there is a Mustang for ya, thats higher on the food chain and there will be many more , and I praise the aftermarket and manufactures for that, thank you!
Old 2/9/05, 05:16 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by Arboc+February 8, 2005, 10:48 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Arboc @ February 8, 2005, 10:48 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Originally posted by slavehand@February 8, 2005, 12:44 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-Arboc
@February 8, 2005, 12:31 PM

just stating my opinion and we are all entitled to them - thanks for your insight on my superiority and ego
[/b][/quote]

Sorry for the ego remark. You are entittled to your own opinion. I appologize.
Old 2/9/05, 06:23 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by slavehand@February 9, 2005, 7:19 AM

Sorry for the ego remark. You are entittled to your own opinion. I appologize.

all is cool - post, speculate and opinion away about all upcoming Mustang versions
Old 2/9/05, 12:41 PM

[attachmentid=11569]Just was checking out the live web cams at the Chicago Auto show and ran across this image. I see the 05 Mustang GT, Ford GT and Shelby GR1 in the shot..but it is the cover vehicle in the middle I am curious about...March was the advertised release of the SVT Mustang. This may just be the convertible under wraps.. Is anyone going to the show that can check this out?

Also, in $ speculation, would it be a good move for Ford to under cut the price of the Saleens, Rouch's of the world? Now that Shelby may introduce a Mustang version, might the SVT be a little more power and styling refinements...each version will need it's own space on the shelf.
Old 2/9/05, 01:01 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
good find. It sure looks like a mustang.
Old 2/9/05, 01:13 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by J$hort@February 9, 2005, 2:44 PM
[attachmentid=11569]Just was checking out the live web cams at the Chicago Auto show and ran across this image. I see the 05 Mustang GT, Ford GT and Shelby GR1 in the shot..but it is the cover vehicle in the middle I am curious about...March was the advertised release of the SVT Mustang. This may just be the convertible under wraps.. Is anyone going to the show that can check this out?

Also, in $ speculation, would it be a good move for Ford to under cut the price of the Saleens, Rouch's of the world? Now that Shelby may introduce a Mustang version, might the SVT be a little more power and styling refinements...each version will need it's own space on the shelf.
It's the Saleen s281 E. Brad already posted this here: Chicago Autoshow

It's supposed to be unveiled tomorrow @ 2:15.
Old 2/9/05, 03:10 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

as much hype as brad gets ford they should get him a media pass so he can be there on the 23rd for the official unveiling.
Old 2/9/05, 11:36 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

I doubt Ford is going to overbadge or brand the Cobra, seeing that they kept it limited with the V6 and GT models. Those dont say Mustang or Ford on their exterior, so a Cobra shouldnt say Cobra on it's exterior either, especially an indentation on the rear bumper.
Old 2/10/05, 11:24 AM

Thanks Slavehand.

I dunno about the yellow color and am not too crazy about the little silver lights on the grill (pillars?). I suppose the competition wont be seeing too much of anything but the rear of the car anyway. I really think the rear tail light panel on all of these '95 should be black..it looks too much like an accord or something with the very vanilla rear.

Looks like the Saleen/Ford relationship is alive and well...for me, the more Mustangs to choose from the better.
Old 2/10/05, 03:43 PM
Cobra Member

[attachmentid=11682]

Turns out the car under the cover is the 2005 Vert.....very sweet but I would have loved to see the "Extreme"!!
Old 2/11/05, 05:08 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by MustangFanatic@February 10, 2005, 5:46 PM
[attachmentid=11682]

Turns out the car under the cover is the 2005 Vert.....very sweet but I would have loved to see the "Extreme"!!
The extreme was unveiled yesterday. It's Speedlab Yellow and has quarter window scoops like the drawing on Saleen's website. There's another thread on here about it.

Quick Reply: 2007 Cobra to be unveiled at New York Auto Show