Aftermarket 2005+ Mustangs Discuss the Offerings from Roush, Saleen, Steeda, Shinoda, and Others

2007 Cobra to be unveiled at New York Auto Show

Search this Thread

Old 3/7/05, 02:30 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by wakerider017@March 7, 2005, 3:19 PM
so is it pretty much definate that SVT will use a 5.4 L supercharged engine?
No this is nowhere near definite. It is the predominant rumor, but, not definite.

IRS vs SRA has been beaten to death. Most people would prefer an IRS, but, We will get what Ford gives us.
Old 3/7/05, 08:09 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by wakerider017@March 7, 2005, 2:19 PM
so is it pretty much definate that SVT will use a 5.4 L supercharged engine?
No, dude. Nothing is definite. It's ALL speculation at this point.
Old 3/7/05, 08:28 PM
Banned

:worship:
Originally posted by SigMachi@March 7, 2005, 2:48 PM
Let's not start that debate again. Wakerider, look up old threads, there are many on IRS vs Solid rear. Decide on your own. Won't matter much if it is not offered.
I dont know a whole lot about IRS... Its more expensive for Ford right? Can anyone give me breif advantage and disadvantages of both who knows a lot about them... It would be greatly appreciated. :worship: :worship: :worship:

Wonder if the 07' Cobra will have loud exhaust? 04' didnt...
Old 3/7/05, 11:52 PM

There probably wont be a cobra boys, sorry to break it to you, but this "new" cobra to be unvield is going to be a crappy concept car, and probably there won't even be a concept. Motor trend says no and other people SPECUALATE yes, and me all knowing me says no cobra, on-a-count of dominating large liter compitition. i think so. svt is testing these concept cobras, with the nearly same engine as the FORD GT. aka "lets see what we can get to draw attention to mustang." I estimated that the mustang would price it's self out of the market. and all these power harnessing Japanese cars are going to take it over. stinks... but i dunno anymore guys.. hahah on my first post i relate to you guys as... "guys" my pals.
Old 3/8/05, 02:02 AM

Originally posted by mcflysDeloreon@March 8, 2005, 12:57 AM
Repost I spelled a lot of things wrong…..There probably wont be a cobra boys, sorry to break it to you, but this "new" cobra to be unveiled is going to be a crappy concept car, and probably there won't even be a concept. Motor trend says no and other people SPECUALATE yes, and me all knowing me says no cobra, on-a-count of dominating large liter competition. I think so. Svt is testing these concept cobras, with the nearly same engine as the FORD GT. aka "let’s see what we can get to draw attention to mustang." I estimated that the mustang would price it's self out of the market. And all these power harnessing Japanese cars are going to take it over. stinks... but I don’t know anymore guys... hahah on my first post i relate to you guys as... "guys" my pals.
Ummm...can you translate that into english please.
Old 3/8/05, 05:12 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by JB2245@March 8, 2005, 4:05 AM

Old 3/8/05, 05:51 AM
Bullitt Member

What the heck did he say ???? Did someone leave the stupid door open again ...?
Old 3/8/05, 05:53 AM
GTR Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally posted by mcflysDeloreon@March 8, 2005, 1:55 AM
There probably wont be a cobra boys, sorry to break it to you, but this "new" cobra to be unvield is going to be a crappy concept car, and probably there won't even be a concept. Motor trend says no and other people SPECUALATE yes, and me all knowing me says no cobra, on-a-count of dominating large liter compitition. i think so. svt is testing these concept cobras, with the nearly same engine as the FORD GT. aka "lets see what we can get to draw attention to mustang." I estimated that the mustang would price it's self out of the market. and all these power harnessing Japanese cars are going to take it over. stinks... but i dunno anymore guys.. hahah on my first post i relate to you guys as... "guys" my pals.
SVT will have a mustang there. Period.
Old 3/8/05, 06:06 AM
GT Member

I think McFly's been smokin' up.
Old 3/8/05, 06:12 AM
Bullitt Member

I'm going to open the can of worms again and say it will NOT be a Cobra, but it will be a Mustang.

All the tidbits from SVT and SVTOA has been missing the C word.

Let the excitement build !!
Old 3/8/05, 06:26 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Aprils Mustang Monthly and Mustangs and Fords say SVT Mustang Cobra :bang:
Old 3/8/05, 07:04 AM
Cobra Member

Old 3/8/05, 07:43 AM
V6 Member

[QUOTE]Aprils Mustang Monthly and Mustangs and Fords say SVT Mustang Cobra

Beware of April Fools Day! They played games with people lat year.
Old 3/8/05, 08:51 AM
GT Member

They play with readers EVERY YEAR in April. But I still think it will be a Cobra.
Old 3/8/05, 09:49 AM
dke
Bullitt Member

Wakerider asked about IRS versus SRA. The very basics are that SRA is a simple design; see reliable and strong. It can get a lot of power to the wheels for low cost, with not much chance of breakage, etc. But it generally adds weight, and while it works well on track conditions (and especially on the strip), in the real world (meaning lots of twisties AND bumpies or normal roads) it can bounce, shake more, and adds weight (IRS is considered better). But as in all designs, a good SRA will be better than a bad IRS; so there are tradeoffs. Purists like SRA, and modernists/technologists like IRS. People that measure their drive in 1/4 mile increments, or on the track prefer (or don't mind) SRA. But on rough roads (see not California or Florida), and day to day, IRS is nicer.
Old 3/8/05, 10:32 AM
Banned

Originally posted by JB2245+March 8, 2005, 3:05 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(JB2245 @ March 8, 2005, 3:05 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-mcflysDeloreon@March 8, 2005, 12:57 AM
Repost I spelled a lot of things wrong…..There probably wont be a cobra boys, sorry to break it to you, but this "new" cobra to be unveiled is going to be a crappy concept car, and probably there won't even be a concept. Motor trend says no and other people SPECUALATE yes, and me all knowing me says no cobra, on-a-count of dominating large liter competition. I think so. Svt is testing these concept cobras, with the nearly same engine as the FORD GT. aka "let’s see what we can get to draw attention to mustang." I estimated that the mustang would price it's self out of the market. And all these power harnessing Japanese cars are going to take it over. stinks... but I don’t know anymore guys... hahah on my first post i relate to you guys as... "guys" my pals.
[/b][/quote]

darn you are a f'ing idiot... (pardon my language)

SVT told us there will be a mustang at the auto show.

LOOK,

Dear SVTOA member,

Now is your chance to get a "Sneak Peek" of the next SVT Mustang BEFORE its reveal at the New York Auto Show in Manhattan, NY.

Twenty (20) lucky SVTOA Members will be invited to attend a "Reveal Event" of the next SVT Mustang at a TOP-SECRET location in Manhattan, NY the afternoon of Tuesday March 22, 2005. Winners will be notified of the specific event location and times when prizes are awarded to ensure complete secrecy.

You can be the first to check out what SVT is revealing to the automotive press at the New York Auto Show later in the week. Key SVT representatives will be on hand during the event.

Don't miss out on this Exclusive SVTOA opportunity!

They never said it will be a Cobra... but i am betting it will. It has been for over 10 years...
Old 3/8/05, 11:08 AM
Team Mustang Source

wakerider,

Although I don't necessarily disagree with you, personal attacks are not tolerated on this board. It is better to just correct him without calling him a name. You seem to be very interested in the Cobra and what it brings to the Mustang world. I think in the years to come you may be a contributor to the Mustang society. I just don't want to see you get banned or something for breaking the rules.
Old 3/8/05, 11:28 AM
Team Mustang Source

Originally posted by snkbtn99@March 8, 2005, 8:15 AM
I'm going to open the can of worms again and say it will NOT be a Cobra, but it will be a Mustang.

All the tidbits from SVT and SVTOA has been missing the C word.

Let the excitement build !!
Read This

Read the first paragraph of this focusing on the last word. I saw the SVTOA thing that said "SVT Mustang." But, this is from SVTs own site. I realize it is a couple of months old, but, I would think they would have avoided it here if they were avoiding it.
Old 3/8/05, 11:38 AM
Banned

When are they selecting the winners for the sneak peak on the 22nd?

I bet the people who win wont be allowed to take cameras.

crazy horse sorry about the language... it wont happen again.
Old 3/8/05, 12:45 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally posted by wakerider017@March 8, 2005, 1:41 PM
When are they selecting the winners for the sneak peak on the 22nd?

I bet the people who win wont be allowed to take cameras.

crazy horse sorry about the language... it wont happen again.
no need to apologize to me. I just wanted to let you know so you didn't get in trouble. I hate to lose a die hard Cobra fan. I'd like to see you stick around.

Quick Reply: 2007 Cobra to be unveiled at New York Auto Show