Aftermarket 2005+ Mustangs Discuss the Offerings from Roush, Saleen, Steeda, Shinoda, and Others

2007 Cobra to be unveiled at New York Auto Show

Search this Thread

Old 1/7/05, 12:04 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
LOW 12,S..................JUST CALL ME WOODY!
Old 1/7/05, 12:24 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

This is going to be soo awesome. Best thing I've heard in a while!!!
Old 1/7/05, 01:32 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

and what's the word on Shelby?
Old 1/7/05, 03:26 PM
V6 Member

So I couple of threads in this post seem to suggest what SVT is going to unveil in NY will not be a Cobra but something else like a Mach or Boss???? Is there any evidence out there to suggest that SVT will ever build any other type of Mustang besides a Cobra?
Old 1/7/05, 03:38 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
*faints* Looks like I'm hitch hikin' to New York!!
Old 1/7/05, 03:55 PM
9 is not my lucky number.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by Clutch@January 7, 2005, 5:29 PM
So I couple of threads in this post seem to suggest what SVT is going to unveil in NY will not be a Cobra but something else like a Mach or Boss???? Is there any evidence out there to suggest that SVT will ever build any other type of Mustang besides a Cobra?
I think people are just reading into it and just assuming that it's a Cobra. The original post and quote from Tang only says it will be an SVT car. Nobody ever said it was a Cobra. I was told personally in May 2004 on the Pony Tour (forum member V10 was with me, maybe he can chime in on this) by Interior and Exterior Styling Engineering Manager Mike Williams that SVT would release a special edition in March 2005 and told me specifically it wouldn't necessarily be a Cobra, but hinted towards a Boss, Mach 1, Bullit type of deal. Nolanzdad was there with a video camera, maybe he caught the discussion on tape.

I think the forum countdown for the "75 Days Until The 2007 Mustang SVT Cobra is Unveiled" is very premature, misleading and foolhardy. State the facts. Nobody from Ford specifically said it would be a Cobra. If somebody from Ford said it would be a Cobra, I'd like to be proof and not something that "my uncle's brother's friend at Danborn told me" and certainly not something from BON. I woldn't like Brad's site to have BON's current reputation, equal to that of the Star, Globe, and National Equirer. I'm going to be laughing my hiney off at all of you when a non-Cobra is released.

Proof of the discussion about the special edition released in March was recorded by me in this thread 7 months ago. http://forums.bradbarnett.net/index.php?sh...hl=special&st=0

I'm not trying to be a ***** about this, just nobody else realized this until I brought it up.
Old 1/7/05, 04:39 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally posted by dustindu4+January 7, 2005, 5:58 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (dustindu4 @ January 7, 2005, 5:58 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Clutch@January 7, 2005, 5:29 PM
I think people are just reading into it and just assuming that it's a Cobra. The original post and quote from Tang only says it will be an SVT car. Nobody ever said it was a Cobra. I was told personally in May 2004 on the Pony Tour (forum member V10 was with me, maybe he can chime in on this) by Interior and Exterior Styling Engineering Manager Mike Williams that SVT would release a special edition in March 2005 and told me specifically it wouldn't necessarily be a Cobra, but hinted towards a Boss, Mach 1, Bullit type of deal. Nolanzdad was there with a video camera, maybe he caught the discussion on tape.

I think the forum countdown for the "75 Days Until The 2007 Mustang SVT Cobra is Unveiled" is very premature, misleading and foolhardy. State the facts. Nobody from Ford specifically said it would be a Cobra. If somebody from Ford said it would be a Cobra, I'd like to be proof and not something that "my uncle's brother's friend at Danborn told me" and certainly not something from BON. I woldn't like Brad's site to have BON's current reputation, equal to that of the Star, Globe, and National Equirer. I'm going to be laughing my hiney off at all of you when a non-Cobra is released.

Proof of the discussion about the special edition released in March was recorded by me in this thread 7 months ago. http://forums.bradbarnett.net/index.php?sh...hl=special&st=0

I'm not trying to be a ***** about this, just nobody else realized this until I brought it up. [/b][/quote]
This isn't an announcement for release of a car. It is unveiling of the SVT concept which logically would be Cobra. If not named Cobra, then still the hot Mustang. They really aren't considered SEs anyway. Those are things like MAch, Bullitt, Spring edition, 100th ann., etc.
Old 1/7/05, 04:45 PM
GTR Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Dustin, history has shown SVT has only ever made the mustang in one variant...the Cobra. The 03/04 Mach 1 was not an SVT endeavor, so why would it be one now?
Old 1/7/05, 04:55 PM
Team Mustang Source

I agree, I think it is more of a stretch to assume that the SVT will be building more than one Mustang in the future than it is to believe that this show car is a Cobra.

Technically speaking, the car may not be a "Cobra", but IMO if it is not this will be because SVT has chosen to call their one version of the Mustang something else and not because they will do more than one Mustang under their name.
Old 1/7/05, 05:18 PM
I'm people, and I like.

the Boss is mostly a team shinoda thing, the Mach and the Bullitt was already re-made by Ford, so i think that SVT would probably show the Cobra. just my hypothesis, though anything can be shown
Old 1/7/05, 11:35 PM
Mach 1 Member

It's actually been announced in the media on several occasions that SVT was working on a "Cobra."

And I think it's unlikely with their now-limited resources that SVT would be working on more than one Mustang variant at a time.

I was told personally in May 2004 on the Pony Tour (forum member V10 was with me, maybe he can chime in on this) by Interior and Exterior Styling Engineering Manager Mike Williams that SVT would release a special edition in March 2005 and told me specifically it wouldn't necessarily be a Cobra, but hinted towards a Boss, Mach 1, Bullit type of deal.
As to the above remark, emphasis on the words, "wouldn't necessarily be a Cobra". Note he's careful not to say it WON'T be, either. That's just the usual disinformation they toss about to keep the public interested.

It'll be the Cobra...you can bet on it. Or whatever they're planning to call the Cobra next year. But it'll be the flagship, rest assured.
Old 1/8/05, 12:45 PM
V6 Member

Now what if SVT was working on something other than the Cobra? Maybe Ford gave the Cobra name back to Shelby. What if SVT picked up production on the Mach1 or perhaps the Boss and then also had a 2nd team work alongside Shelby with the Cobra?
Old 1/8/05, 05:31 PM
TSR

With Ford reinviting itself with a whole new lineup of vehicles, I'm wondering if they are planing on doing what the Mopar freaks are doing. Dodge is putting the Hemi in just about everything, wonder if we can expect this new 6.2 Liter or 5.4 liter V8 to be put into alot of Fords. Maybe even the next Cobra or Lightning. Just my thoughts, let me now what you all think. Can't wait to see the next Cobra
Old 1/9/05, 02:23 AM

Talking

Here's a news release direct from the Ford SVT Newsroom-I pulled this from the SVT website.

SVT ROLLS UP ITS SLEEVES FOR 2005

As the Ford Special Vehicle Team closes the door on 2004 model-year sales, it now turns its full attention to the work of bringing to market an all-new generation of high-performance Ford vehicles, beginning with the next SVT Mustang Cobra.

But topping the performance value of the limited-production 390-horsepower '04 SVT Cobra won't be an easy task. With segment-busting power, acceleration, handling and braking, the factory supercharged SVT Mustang Cobra has established itself as a true high-performance icon that rivals even the world's finest two-seat sports cars costing thousands more. Priced at just $35,370 for the Coupe and $39,750 for the Convertible (including destination and delivery but excluding taxes, title and license fees), the '04 SVT Cobra takes the Mustang tradition of delivering bang for the buck to unprecedented levels. And from now through the end of the year, owning a Cobra is more affordable than ever before.

That's because Ford is offering your choice of $2,500 stand-alone Customer Cash back OR Ford Credit financing as low as 0.0% APR for up to 48 months on any new 2004 SVT Mustang Cobra Coupe or Convertible purchased from dealer inventory by January 3, 2005. If you prefer the best of both worlds, you can also opt for $1,000 Special Customer Cash PLUS get financing as low as 0.9%. Offer is applicable only in the United States , and certain restrictions may apply. But you must hurry, as this offer is being made only on the few remaining 2004 SVT Mustang Cobras that may still be left in dealer stock. When the last of the SVT Cobras are gone, this special deal is gone.

Not all buyers qualify for Ford Credit limited-term APR financing, and a number of factors can influence your rate. But cash-back deals and special financing offers are rarely available on Ford Special Vehicle Team products, so don't let this opportunity pass you by. Just one test drive will instantly show you why the SVT Cobra packs a more potent high-performance punch than any other factory-built Mustang that Ford has ever produced.

The 2004 SVT Mustang Cobra is the last of its generation to be built at the historic Dearborn Assembly Plant, and only 3,768 were produced – compared to 13,476 supercharged SVT Cobras that came off the line in 2003. What's more, SVT does not plan to offer a Mustang Cobra for the 2005 or 2006 model years, meaning if you want to experience the thrill of driving an SVT Mustang Cobra anytime soon, you need to act now before they're all gone! See your local SVT-certified Ford dealer today for specifics on this limited-time program, including financing alternatives and extended terms and rates. For the name and location of the full-line SVT dealer nearest you, call 1-800-FORD-SVT.

Also riding off into the enthusiast history books as the longest-running, best-selling high-performance pickup of all time is the SVT F-150 Lightning. In 2004, a competitor came to market to challenge the SVT Lightning as the industry's benchmark sport truck. But the bottom line remains that for the mere 0.2 of a second difference in quarter-mile acceleration times published in some magazines, the challenger carries an MSRP more than $12,000 above that of the Lightning! Plus, Lightning has more payload, towing and seating capacity with its trimmer, lighter Standard Cab, gets better fuel economy, and puts out more horsepower per liter of displacement with its SVT supercharged 5.4-liter Triton V8. When you measure dollar-for-dollar, pound-for-pound and feature-for-feature, the 2004 Lightning remains an unbeatable performance value.

While Ford has announced that development of the next-generation SVT F-150 Lightning has been delayed until its high-performance engineers can create a new version that fits into Ford's manufacturing and marketing cadence, there can be no doubt that the F-150 Lightning is a viable SVT product with a future full of possibilities.

And speaking of bang for the buck, the critically acclaimed SVT Focus ended production in 2004 as one of the most satisfying rides in the sport compact segment, offering loads of standard equipment and the kind of road-holding that absolutely pegs the "fun-to-drive" meter. Whether in three-door or five-door guise, the limited-production, 170-horsepower SVT Focus is a true "pocket rocket" that delivers world-class driving dynamics while taking you and up to four friends anywhere you want to go in both style and comfort.

Like its SVT front-wheel-drive predecessor, the SVT Contour, the SVT Focus has established a "cult" following among the sport compact crowd. Focus fanatics have flocked to a unique Website, "Revolt.Build.Rise." to explore the limits of Focus performance. One former SVT staffer actually went so far as to write a song about the SVT Focus, and an aspiring Detroit-area rapper actually recorded it! Clearly, SVT Focus owners of all ages can sing its praises as an affordable, honest-to-goodness driver's car that has graced the covers of a myriad of major enthusiast magazines and has won a battery of head-to-head comparison tests.

As SVT enters a new era of performance with brand-new vehicle programs riding on all-new platforms produced in new assembly plants, 2005 will be a busy time for those involved in the Ford high-performance business. To help you celebrate the SVT success story all through 2005, you can now order your very own "2005 SVT Power & Performance Calendar." This large-format, full-color calendar highlights a specific SVT model for each month of 2005 and features factory cutaway illustrations and performance information on all of your favorite SVT vehicles. Whether for home or office, the "2005 SVT Power & Performance Calendar" is the perfect gift for any SVT fan and is a "must have" for your personal SVT memorabilia collection.

Whether you stop by your local SVT-certified Ford dealer, call the SVT Info Center at 800-FORD-SVT, or simply visit www.svt.ford.com from time to time – just make sure you stay tuned to the latest information coming from the Ford Special Vehicle Team. A brand new era of Ford SVT performance is right around the corner.
Old 1/9/05, 06:53 AM
Bullitt Member

This is crazy, why haven't we seen some SPY pics?!?!?!?!?!?! :bang:

I want to see these cars ahead of time!!!

The new Cobra sounds awesome. But too much $$$ (40+k) for me. But I am holding out for a SE like a Mach 1 or BOSS.

I think it was in Motor Trend a while back, they had an article about the new Vette. They were asked about the performance compared to the new Ford GT. The chevy guys dogged it and said they didn't need 500HP to put the GT on the trailer and send it home...

I imagine the SVT guys haven't forgot about this. The Cobra will be a better performing car at a cheaper than vette price. IMO.

Times are good in the Blue Oval camp. B)
Old 1/9/05, 11:53 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by TheMustangSource+January 7, 2005, 8:13 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (TheMustangSource @ January 7, 2005, 8:13 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-snkbtn99@January 7, 2005, 7:41 AM
Are we sure that this is the NY auto show this year ?
100% positive [/b][/quote]
Something just doesn't feel right .... Why would Ford play ALL/MOST of their cards so early in the game?

I cannot ignore this quote by Thai An SVT version of the Mustang will be unveiled at the upcoming New York Auto Show.

With the new Camaro on the horizon, unveiling the "next" Cobra in March would be a dangerous ploy ...

I will be the first to eat my hat if they do unveil a SVT COBRA in March. We will see a SVT Mustang, but not the Cobra.

I want to see/purchase the next Cobra more than the next guy, but there has been a lot of mis-information on unveiling of Mustangs over the past year.
Old 1/9/05, 12:12 PM
GT Member

It could be a prototype, and not the production car. For all we know (which isn't much) it could be a Cobra R, or an SVT R, a prototype cobra, or the production cobra.

I'm going to sit back and patiently wait for the release. That is, unless Amy V6 can get some spy photos first...
Old 1/9/05, 02:59 PM
V6 Member

I don't post much but SVT has never made a Mustang that wasn't a Cobra. They have already revealed an "R" version that will likel never see the dealers lot. From SVT directly they stated that the Cobra would be seen at the NYC auto show so I don't understand why people are debating it.

Mach 1, Bullitt are not SVT cars. The Mustang Cobra is. I'm looking forward to seeing my next car at the NYC auto show.
Old 1/9/05, 03:04 PM
Team Mustang Source

Well, as unlikely a scenario as I find it to be IF SVT does do more than one Mustang in the future I am all for it! That said, I will be very surprised if the car debuting at NY is an SVT and not a Cobra.
Old 1/9/05, 03:07 PM
GTR Member

Originally posted by snkbtn99+January 9, 2005, 12:56 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (snkbtn99 @ January 9, 2005, 12:56 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by TheMustangSource@January 7, 2005, 8:13 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-snkbtn99
@January 7, 2005, 7:41 AM
Are we sure that this is the NY auto show this year ?

100% positive
Something just doesn't feel right .... Why would Ford play ALL/MOST of their cards so early in the game?

I cannot ignore this quote by Thai An SVT version of the Mustang will be unveiled at the upcoming New York Auto Show.

With the new Camaro on the horizon, unveiling the "next" Cobra in March would be a dangerous ploy ...

I will be the first to eat my hat if they do unveil a SVT COBRA in March. We will see a SVT Mustang, but not the Cobra.

I want to see/purchase the next Cobra more than the next guy, but there has been a lot of mis-information on unveiling of Mustangs over the past year. [/b][/quote]
Its a Shelby GT 500. i would bet a dollar on it They have had talk of a new SVT Shelby GT 500 Cobra. (Put that badge on the side of a car) Could be an R....

Quick Reply: 2007 Cobra to be unveiled at New York Auto Show