Search this Thread

Old 7/24/07, 11:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Put me on the list for both
Old 7/25/07, 09:01 AM
FR500 Member

Originally Posted by Arrow
Ugh...The GT500 will be selling for MSRP by the time this comes out...
What makes you think it isn't? I know where I could get one at MSRP IF I wanted one. That day has come and gone already
Old 8/2/07, 02:04 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by SixtySix
What makes you think it isn't? I know where I could get one at MSRP IF I wanted one. That day has come and gone already
Where?

Around here (VA) they're selling for 10-20k over MSRP.

Even my salesman at my dealership, who's a good friend of mine, told me he couldn't get one for any lower than 55k.

Any news on the shifter...yet??
Old 8/15/07, 08:48 PM

Originally Posted by subzero05
I'll hopefully be able to start Accepting orders for the shifter in a couple weeks. engineering signed it off on Friday and they are finalizing the bill of materials as we speak. Once that is done, we will submit all the parts lists to the materials locations to get production parts going..Then, I should be able to start accepting orders. I figure orders won't start going out until sometime in Sept. Once I get confirmation I can accept orders I will submit a new post and request emails be sent directly to me for the list to be formed....Chris

New here found this thread searching for a new shifter for an 07 GT A/T any pics for this shifter ?
Old 8/16/07, 10:50 AM
Bullitt Member

The Mayan calendar ends in the your 2012...
Some say this will be the end of the world...
I can think of another event that will most certainly signal the start of Armageddon.
THE RELEASE OF THE AUTOSHIFTER FROM B&M!
Old 8/16/07, 11:22 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Sharky
The Mayan calendar ends in the your 2012...
Some say this will be the end of the world...
I can think of another event that will most certainly signal the start of Armageddon.
THE RELEASE OF THE AUTOSHIFTER FROM B&M!
I don't think making fun of it will make the shifter released any sooner.
Old 8/18/07, 05:48 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Throttle Box
New here found this thread searching for a new shifter for an 07 GT A/T any pics for this shifter ?

Yeah, in the thread.
Old 8/18/07, 06:06 AM
Bullitt Member

Regardless of what the new shifter looks like, the real challenge is going to be reprogramming of the automatic transmission logic. There will be tuning required to allow this shifter to work properly......all the time. Some programming attributes may not be available to the tuner.

I guess we will have to wait until September to find out how this is all going to come about.
Old 8/18/07, 09:16 AM
FR500 Member

Originally Posted by GT John
Regardless of what the new shifter looks like, the real challenge is going to be reprogramming of the automatic transmission logic. There will be tuning required to allow this shifter to work properly......all the time.
How so?

You can manually shift your auto right now if you choose to. The only PITA about doing it with the stock shifter is that there are no detents to prevent you sliding up to the next gear.

This is the exact transmission used in the autostick Lincoln's.

The only thing that this shifter is going to provide is the ability to manually select your gears without worrying about sliding up into the next one accidentally, that's all.
Old 8/18/07, 02:52 PM

Originally Posted by BigDog
Yeah, in the thread.
This ?

Old 8/18/07, 03:02 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by Error404
I don't think making fun of it will make the shifter released any sooner.
Wont make it come out later either I'll be interested to see how well it works because the lollypop look is just not thier for me so it'll have to work really well before it goes in my car. I'd like to know why such a delay, they obviously didnt spend any time on styling and for the most part the technology being used already exsists, just a matter of making them work together and it shouldnt take this long to do that.

The more I look at B&M's site the less I like what they came up with for us. B&M has some very nice looking shifters that work very well, not real sure why this one doesnt. Personally I think the lack of styling will ultimately be its downfall.
Old 8/18/07, 04:52 PM
Bullitt Member

How so?

You can manually shift your auto right now if you choose to. The only PITA about doing it with the stock shifter is that there are no detents to prevent you sliding up to the next gear.

The only thing that this shifter is going to provide is the ability to manually select your gears without worrying about sliding up into the next one accidentally, that's all.
Hell, that's enough... I wonder if the Lincoln shifter could be adapted... Which specific model(s) are you referring to? I might go junkyard diving on Monday...
Old 8/18/07, 05:04 PM
FR500 Member

The Lincoln LS. They've had them for quite a few years now. Although I must admit that the stick out of the Lincoln would be pretty much out of place in the Mustang IMO.

Here's an Ebay auction with one and lot's of pictures.
Old 8/18/07, 05:47 PM

Thumbs down

Originally Posted by Mikes_BLK_GT
Wont make it come out later either I'll be interested to see how well it works because the lollypop look is just not thier for me so it'll have to work really well before it goes in my car. I'd like to know why such a delay, they obviously didnt spend any time on styling and for the most part the technology being used already exsists, just a matter of making them work together and it shouldnt take this long to do that.

The more I look at B&M's site the less I like what they came up with for us. B&M has some very nice looking shifters that work very well, not real sure why this one doesnt. Personally I think the lack of styling will ultimately be its downfall.

I agree . This thing looks cheap. ..... I hope it works good....
Old 8/18/07, 05:51 PM
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wow, I remember this thread. I feel bad for those that are waiting though. I am sure it will be worth it, but I don't like the pic in the post above me at all
Old 8/18/07, 06:30 PM
Bullitt Member

How so?

Oops sorry,

I thought that this shifter could also be used as a slap shifter. Like in the Lexus. Where the shifter stays in one place and all you have to do is slap it to get through all the gears.

All this waiting for a shifter that keeps a driver from mistakenly over shifting from 1st to 3rd. Hmmm.

I'll pass if thats the case.
Old 8/18/07, 08:22 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm with Vistablue...not really impressed with the look and less with the delay. Why would they not style something more "vintage" and less spartan?
They have it for a Camaro but not Mustang?

I will keep watching this thread and hope somebody gets hold of one for review.
Old 8/20/07, 09:33 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by GT John
Oops sorry,

I thought that this shifter could also be used as a slap shifter. Like in the Lexus. Where the shifter stays in one place and all you have to do is slap it to get through all the gears.

All this waiting for a shifter that keeps a driver from mistakenly over shifting from 1st to 3rd. Hmmm.

I'll pass if thats the case.
You can "slap" it up and down through the gears like an autostick . That is the idea behind the design.
Old 8/21/07, 07:23 AM
GT Member

Hey Chris, any word on when the folks higher up will start letting you put together a list of loyal followers for pre-sales? Any info is appreciated.
Old 8/21/07, 10:11 AM
Cobra Member

Well, I am the originator of this deal and therefore it will be my decision to start accepting orders. But, I don't want to do that until i know FOR SURE the parts are here (or in short time) and work as described. When I know this, I will post here FIRST!..you can count on that

Quick Reply: guaging interest in an auto shifter