GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

guaging interest in an auto shifter

Search this Thread

Old 12/3/06, 08:35 PM
FR500 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by pyrat
B&M has the shifter displayed on their web site.
And they need to make a correction while they are at it. It's a 5R55S not an "E".
Old 12/14/06, 10:12 PM
Bullitt Member

hey chris, are things still on schedule for orders and shipping soon?
Old 12/15/06, 01:59 AM
V6 Member

Maybe it is just me, but when I go to the B&M website to view this product, the first thing that catches my eye are the shifters they have lined up across the top of the page. Man do they look great. Then when I look down at the picture of the 05'+ shifter, I am left uninspired. To me, this is a travisty. Heck, even the Bowtie guys get better looking shifters. What gives?
Old 12/15/06, 02:29 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by TombStone
Maybe it is just me, but when I go to the B&M website to view this product, the first thing that catches my eye are the shifters they have lined up across the top of the page. Man do they look great. Then when I look down at the picture of the 05'+ shifter, I am left uninspired. To me, this is a travisty. Heck, even the Bowtie guys get better looking shifters. What gives?
I hear ya! .. The thing looks like a working proto-type!.......Looks like a half hearted attempt. B&M could do better! They must figure theres no real heavy market for it! So why waist the money in development
Old 12/15/06, 02:52 AM
GT Member

Here are some ideas fro B&M

Don't ask ????'ssss just enjoy!!! This pic is from a mustang in the UK.
Attached Thumbnails guaging interest in an auto shifter-000_0046_00.jpg   guaging interest in an auto shifter-000_0064.jpg  
Old 12/15/06, 02:11 PM
Cobra Member

eh, way too messy and that shifter would look like crap in my car with the IUP.

Again, Im very happy with B&M and their Quicksilver exactly how it is, the picture may leave the impression that its lacking something for the masses but ****, use your imagination and add in the rest of the interior and some custom ****.

You boys make me sick.

I hail B&M for doing such a great job.

-Dan
Old 12/15/06, 03:35 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally Posted by Cleveland
eh, way too messy and that shifter would look like crap in my car with the IUP.

Again, Im very happy with B&M and their Quicksilver exactly how it is, the picture may leave the impression that its lacking something for the masses but ****, use your imagination and add in the rest of the interior and some custom ****.

You boys make me sick.

-Dan
Take a deep breath Dan!...Theres a big difference between Imagination and Halucination..and I think your doing the latter when you look at the B&M Auto Shifter
Old 12/15/06, 03:42 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by blkstang06
Take a deep breath Dan!...Theres a big difference between Imagination and Halucination..and I think your doing the latter when you look at the B&M Auto Shifter
+1....
Old 12/15/06, 07:22 PM
GT Member

I uploaded the pics for you guys to get ideas, I understand it can be better. I will upload some pics of mi set up. Is a AOD trans with a pro ratchet shifter. It looks sick. I just don't have my car here. I also don't care about their design because I cannot go with it.
Old 12/17/06, 09:37 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Cleveland
As do I. And as I said before - if you don't like it, don't buy it.
Old 12/17/06, 04:34 PM
Bullitt Member

Lightbulb

Originally Posted by GIG4FUN
+1....
+2 You don't add anything Dan...
Old 12/17/06, 08:34 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by Bennyandthejets
+2 You don't add anything Dan...
A mighty middle finger for you.

-Dan
Old 12/18/06, 11:20 AM
FR500 Member

Somebody wake me up after the holidays when this thing is actually available. zzzzzzzzz
Old 12/18/06, 12:01 PM
Bullitt Member

dave_bought_another_black_stang's Avatar

Originally Posted by SilverPOISON

Something like the shifter in that picture is what I am looking for! Or just a metal pistol grip shape like that with a pony on it like some companies made for the SN95 model stangs.
Old 12/18/06, 03:19 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally Posted by BigDog
As do I. And as I said before - if you don't like it, don't buy it.
Gee BigDog! you should work in marketing for B&M! They can name the Auto Shifter "The Ugly Stick" and use your slogan! "If you don't like it! Don't buy it!".....
Old 12/18/06, 03:31 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by SilverPOISON

Interesting...problem is it wont work!. The shifting mechanism on the new mustang is such that our old hammer cannot function with the mechanism installed or utilize any of the factory electronic lockout etc.. Perhaps overseas it make no difference, but here it definately WILL NOT WORK..Sorry there are some of you who do not like the shifter. Hopefully for you another company may being something to market that would be more "asthetically" pleasing I guess. I certainly can't make everyone happy apparently.
Old 12/18/06, 03:33 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Gee BigDog! you should work in marketing for B&M! They can name the Auto Shifter "The Ugly Stick" and use your slogan! "If you don't like it! Don't buy it!".....
Another insightful message from the NASCAR wantabe . Shouldn't you be getting ready for a race or something. It's amazing that you converse with us common folks
Old 12/18/06, 08:39 PM
Cobra Member

I hear ya! .. The thing looks like a working proto-type!.......Looks like a half hearted attempt. B&M could do better! They must figure theres no real heavy market for it! So why waist the money in development
if I didn't feel there was a market for it would I have stuck my neck out, spent months trying to talk with YOU guys, put up pics BEFOREHAND, let you know EXACTLY what has been happening every step of the way etc. etc.. AH, NO!..Obviously the distributors think it is a worth while piece since I have Purchase orders on my desk in excess of 500 units to be sold upon immediate availibility.
Old 12/18/06, 09:26 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

ok guys i think we should stop bashing on this and give the man props, i mean he got some of the big name companies to buy the shifter and his company is the only one i have seen trying to give something to us automatic guys, i mean ford really F'ed us over with this new block shifter and i know it sucks that we can not just go buy a handle from MGW like the older stang but atleast someone is trying to help us out
Old 12/18/06, 10:08 PM
FR500 Member

Originally Posted by subzero05
if I didn't feel there was a market for it would I have stuck my neck out, spent months trying to talk with YOU guys, put up pics BEFOREHAND, let you know EXACTLY what has been happening every step of the way etc. etc.. AH, NO!..Obviously the distributors think it is a worth while piece since I have Purchase orders on my desk in excess of 500 units to be sold upon immediate availibility.
Chris, don't let the internet chicken little's get you down. You have the proof YOU need in your purchase orders. Those (like me) that want it, will get it, those that "don't get it" won't.

Very simple.

Personally, I'd like to see this thread closed

Oh and that "bloke" across the pond has an older AOD in that stang, that's why he's got the old style shifter on it.

Quick Reply: guaging interest in an auto shifter