GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

guaging interest in an auto shifter

Search this Thread

Old 12/21/06, 04:23 PM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Really?...How about these
Attached Thumbnails guaging interest in an auto shifter-alum.jpg   guaging interest in an auto shifter-delrin.jpg   guaging interest in an auto shifter-hammerhead.jpg   guaging interest in an auto shifter-q-silver.jpg   guaging interest in an auto shifter-t-handle.jpg  

Old 12/21/06, 07:43 PM
Mach 1 Member

Looking more interesting. Can the OD button be put on a ****?
Old 12/21/06, 09:35 PM
Bullitt Member

that quicksilver **** and chrome T handle are dead sexy , please release these soon, my car is crying to have one.
Old 12/22/06, 08:33 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by Northwest GT
Looking more interesting. Can the OD button be put on a ****?

only way that could work is if you choose to disconnect the O/D button on the bezel, get a **** with a button and run the wiring up to the **** yourself. So, yes it could work but you would be doing a little custom fabricating
Old 12/22/06, 08:41 AM
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Very cool with all the other *****. Subzero I have a question. The open slot that the shaft glides back and forth in, is there anyway to put those little bristle type brushes in it to hide all the stuff that can be seen through the slot opening. Just asking

Richard
Old 12/22/06, 08:52 AM
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
^^^ +1

I like the first one and the last one. I would want it to blend in as much as possible.
Old 12/22/06, 08:54 AM
Cobra Member

I really like the first one

BTW, what is the latest estiamted date to order and shipping ?

-Bryan
Old 12/22/06, 09:13 AM

Originally Posted by 06GT4RAD
Very cool with all the other *****. Subzero I have a question. The open slot that the shaft glides back and forth in, is there anyway to put those little bristle type brushes in it to hide all the stuff that can be seen through the slot opening. Just asking

Richard
I was thinking about this exact thing myself , but figured it would be a DIY once I got the shifter. The addition of this detail would be a very inexpensive and give the unit a more finished appearance. When it comes to customizing cars, detail is everything.
Old 12/22/06, 10:04 AM
Cobra Member

Hmmm?.. I will ask about this. I am not sure if we can incorporate this or not in the gate area?. Never hurts to check though.
Old 12/22/06, 02:35 PM
Mach 1 Member

Subzero, I've been reading this string on and off since the original post and it's been interesting to see the opinions, pro and con, about your product. The last little while has been relatively negative due to the aesthetics of the shifter - which is too bad because it'll no doubt be a great product for those of us who like to row our auto's occasionally.

Looking at the most recent pics with the different handles begs the question - can't B&M make up a boot (leather preferably) that covers up the post and the plate? Just my opinion but if you do that, the piece will look as slick as any factory autoshifter out there. Here's a few pics attached, not the best (and much too bulky in the Mustang shot) but you get the idea. Something in plain black leather with a polished retention ring to match the chrome accents on the dash?? Beautiful !! Again, just my opinion.

Mark
Old 12/22/06, 11:00 PM

Count me in seems like a great product and alternative i love my automatic but hate the look of the shifter
Old 12/22/06, 11:11 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
ah takes me bach to when I had a 1968 Bird and had a B&M Quick Click in it Never lost a race Ever
Old 12/26/06, 09:03 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by Original Sin
Subzero, I've been reading this string on and off since the original post and it's been interesting to see the opinions, pro and con, about your product. The last little while has been relatively negative due to the aesthetics of the shifter - which is too bad because it'll no doubt be a great product for those of us who like to row our auto's occasionally.

Looking at the most recent pics with the different handles begs the question - can't B&M make up a boot (leather preferably) that covers up the post and the plate? Just my opinion but if you do that, the piece will look as slick as any factory autoshifter out there. Here's a few pics attached, not the best (and much too bulky in the Mustang shot) but you get the idea. Something in plain black leather with a polished retention ring to match the chrome accents on the dash?? Beautiful !! Again, just my opinion.

Mark
Mark, Believe me when I tell you. If we could have designed the shifter to incorporate a boot, I would have mandated it. Because the way the console is designed in the Auto cars, the is not enough room in the tunnel to allow for it. The factory shifter is also very bulky unlike previous years and thus causes additional problems when trying to do that. Most likely a whole new console, shifter plates etc. would have needed to be desinged for that to possibly work and the cost would have been enormous!..It certainly would not have been consumer friendly price wise.
Old 12/26/06, 08:14 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by subzero05
Mark, Believe me when I tell you. If we could have designed the shifter to incorporate a boot, I would have mandated it. Because the way the console is designed in the Auto cars, the is not enough room in the tunnel to allow for it. The factory shifter is also very bulky unlike previous years and thus causes additional problems when trying to do that. Most likely a whole new console, shifter plates etc. would have needed to be desinged for that to possibly work and the cost would have been enormous!..It certainly would not have been consumer friendly price wise.
+1 there isn't alot of space under the stock console near the shifter!
Old 12/28/06, 04:56 PM

All I know is that I AM READY TO BUY ONE!!!!
Old 1/2/07, 12:35 PM
Cobra Member

Chris, what is the ETA on ordering and shipping ?

-Bryan
Old 1/4/07, 01:06 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by 2005RedGT
Chris, what is the ETA on ordering and shipping ?

-Bryan
same here, I'm ready
Old 1/4/07, 08:10 AM
Cobra Member

Guys...I must advise you all. We hit ANOTHER snag in this!. Now, this has nothing to do with the production or completion of the shifter. Unfortunately it has to do with timing. Without letting the "cat out of the bag" sort of speak, we are about to acquire another company into the B&M family and with this comes all kinds of things that need to be sorted out as I'm sure you can imagine. We have not "scrapped" this project by any means, only have put a hold on finalizing any new products until we get the new "addition" here, sorted out, set up and begin shipping etc. etc. I am sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but once I know more I will advise....
Old 1/4/07, 08:18 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by subzero05
Guys...I must advise you all. We hit ANOTHER snag in this!. Now, this has nothing to do with the production or completion of the shifter. Unfortunately it has to do with timing. Without letting the "cat out of the bag" sort of speak, we are about to acquire another company into the B&M family and with this comes all kinds of things that need to be sorted out as I'm sure you can imagine. We have not "scrapped" this project by any means, only have put a hold on finalizing any new products until we get the new "addition" here, sorted out, set up and begin shipping etc. etc. I am sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but once I know more I will advise....
Well that sucks

-Bryan
Old 1/4/07, 11:53 AM
Mach 1 Member

Rough idea on how long? Weeks or months???

Quick Reply: guaging interest in an auto shifter