GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

Granatelli Intake w/new MAF???

Search this Thread

Old 8/3/06, 09:28 PM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Granatelli
if you return it the same way you got it - I will refund YOUR money if you don't get a power increase.
So, is that in other words "satisfaction guaranteed or your money back"? Satisfaction and an HP increase are 2 different things, perhaps you would like to clear this up for your potential customers...

-Dan
Old 8/3/06, 10:24 PM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Cleveland
So, is that in other words "satisfaction guaranteed or your money back"? Satisfaction and an HP increase are 2 different things, perhaps you would like to clear this up for your potential customers...

-Dan
How cool is it to have my own stalker

It speaks clear - if does not make power I will refund the money. Satisfaction is a relative term. It could make 20hp and one could say they are not satisfied. Just offering the deal should speak volumes
Old 8/3/06, 11:31 PM
Bullitt Member

How cool is it to have my own stalker

It speaks clear - if does not make power I will refund the money. Satisfaction is a relative term. It could make 20hp and one could say they are not satisfied. Just offering the deal should speak volumes
Honestly JR, I would stop catering to these fools. The proof will be made clear very soon, and then you're going to have all these idjits banging down your door trying to get one.
Old 8/4/06, 06:24 AM
Mach 1 Member

In another post I noticed that a member (HarleyBill) has the GMS CAI already installed on his car, maybe he can chime about how he likes it etc.

Sam
Old 8/4/06, 08:24 AM
Bullitt Member

How many of you purchased your GMS parts for an 07 Mustang?
I did, and being the first to try something is not always best. I just got my 2007 GT Premium Vert in on the night of 2 Aug, and on the morning of 3 Aug my Granatelli CAI and STB arrived. I eagerly attempted to installed both, and quickly determined that contray to popular belief, there ARE changes to the 2007. First, the Single STB that DID fit over the Ford Engine Covers that are being retrofitted to 2005-2006's, will NOT fit over the Ford Engine Cover on the 2007. It wasn't even close to clearing the cover, and the mounting plates were not even touching the strut towers it was so high centered.

The CAI went on without any problems, and is a very well made piece. However, as soon as I pulled out of my driveway, the car immediately went into limp home mode. There are differences in the 2007 programming, it appears, that prevents the CAI in its current configuration from working on the 2007's. Needless to say, having gone 0-2 on Granatelli parts on my brand new car, I wasn't too happy. But, I called Granatelli, and spoke with Renee and Jim about my situation. Both gentlemen were very accomadating, and called me back numerous times to see if the issue could be rectified. Currently, I will be returning the STB as it won't work, and they are going to test a 2007 on Monday to update the programming to make it compatible with the 2007.

So, I hope the updated programming for the CAI works, and maybe they can even design a new STB that will work with the Ford Engine cover on the 2007's. But the company was willing to do whatever I wanted them to do to make it right, and never tried to blow me off or dodge responsibility, so I will stick with them and give them a try to make the CAI work.

Edit: The fix for the STB--Jim at Granatelli experimented with the Single STB on a 2007 with the Ford Engine Cover, and called me with the solution to make it work. The stud and nut combo they used to hold down the fuel rails on the 2007's make the cover sit about 1/2" higher than on previous years. The simple solution is to just temporarily take out the stud and nut combo, THEN mount the Ford Engine Cover, and then reinstall the stud nut combo on top of the engine cover mounting tabs. This lets the cover sit down further a good half inch, and provides plenty of clearance for the Granatelli Single STB to fit over the Ford Engine Cover. JR, please thank Jim, now I am a happy camper with my STB!
Old 8/4/06, 08:47 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Not here yet...

Originally Posted by sams66
In another post I noticed that a member (HarleyBill) has the GMS CAI already installed on his car, maybe he can chime about how he likes it etc.

Sam
Not here yet...It was shipped this past monday. I will have it installed the day I get it...I currently do have the t-body installed and I love it. These mods should give you all the kicks at a lesser price and then you can get the tune on a super/turbo charger install (or other bigger mods) when and if you desire.
Old 8/4/06, 08:48 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by sams66

Sam
Nevermind
Old 8/4/06, 10:18 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by harleybill
Not here yet...It was shipped this past monday. I will have it installed the day I get it...I currently do have the t-body installed and I love it. These mods should give you all the kicks at a lesser price and then you can get the tune on a super/turbo charger install (or other bigger mods) when and if you desire.
May want to do the install yourself. It is very easy.
Old 8/4/06, 12:54 PM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Mustang Buster
I did, and being the first to try something is not always best. I just got my 2007 GT Premium Vert in on the night of 2 Aug, and on the morning of 3 Aug my Granatelli CAI and STB arrived. I eagerly attempted to installed both, and quickly determined that contray to popular belief, there ARE changes to the 2007. First, the Single STB that DID fit over the Ford Engine Covers that are being retrofitted to 2005-2006's, will NOT fit over the Ford Engine Cover on the 2007. It wasn't even close to clearing the cover, and the mounting plates were not even touching the strut towers it was so high centered.

The CAI went on without any problems, and is a very well made piece. However, as soon as I pulled out of my driveway, the car immediately went into limp home mode. There are differences in the 2007 programming, it appears, that prevents the CAI in its current configuration from working on the 2007's. Needless to say, having gone 0-2 on Granatelli parts on my brand new car, I wasn't too happy. But, I called Granatelli, and spoke with Renee and Jim about my situation. Both gentlemen were very accomadating, and called me back numerous times to see if the issue could be rectified. Currently, I will be returning the STB as it won't work, and they are going to test a 2007 on Monday to update the programming to make it compatible with the 2007.

So, I hope the updated programming for the CAI works, and maybe they can even design a new STB that will work with the Ford Engine cover on the 2007's. But the company was willing to do whatever I wanted them to do to make it right, and never tried to blow me off or dodge responsibility, so I will stick with them and give them a try to make the CAI work.
It just so happens a guy that lives 4 doors down from me just got an 07 GT (my Shelby will be here next Friday - just a side note ) He said I could Monkey with it this weekend. - I know for sure the Calibration for the 07 will be no big deal. Thanks for the props - I am sorry about the mix up - Again the billet brace works on the 07 or you can try our motor mounts

$75.00

I will make you a special deal - I support the guys that support me - and protect my kids. I still want that helicopter ride. Will they really go up side down?
Old 8/5/06, 09:42 PM
Bullitt Member

Thanks JR, looking forward to hearing from you on how the testing went with the 2007. I am sure we will be able to work something out Oh, and yes, some helicopter types are fully aerobatic (meaning they can do loops and rollls and fly upside down) it all depends on what type of rotor head they have installed.
Old 8/5/06, 10:29 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 05GTRedfire
Well I've seen the dyno charts, and I for one was impressed. I look forward to having them posted for others to see.
So, when will the dyno results be posted? Did I miss the post?

Thanks
Old 8/6/06, 03:26 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by shatter
So, when will the dyno results be posted? Did I miss the post?

Thanks
Here's the link to the dyno video on GMS site. Surprisingly no one had anything smartass to say.

http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showthread.php?t=51275

300torque, 294 hp, GMS t-body, GMS CAI with calibrated MAF, and GMS cat-back
All bolt-on, without touching the factory computer.
Old 8/6/06, 05:26 PM
Bullitt Member

Thought you might all like to see a picture of the Granatelli CAI installed on a 2007. It looks really good, and was very easy to install. Now as soon as JR gets the programming figured out for the 07's, we will be cooking with gas!
Attached Thumbnails Granatelli Intake w/new MAF???-mustang-photos-004-small-.jpg  
Old 8/6/06, 06:05 PM
Mach 1 Member

I'm gonna order my CAI this week. This GMS was on my short list. But I'm still waiting on a TMS member review........I wanna believe, but......
Old 8/6/06, 06:48 PM
Bullitt Member

I predict this week it will start.
Old 8/6/06, 09:23 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I think I must be cursed...I looked at the tracking last week and it was supposed to be delivered tomorrow. I just looked today and now it's tuesday due to a lousy late train in Illinois. I don't think I have ever had a UPS order change it's arrival date and I get stuff all of the time. I already have the car up on jacks (for exhaust change out) and the air box is out so that when this stuff arrives I can just put it on and get to testing.
I should have this week: 1. GMS t-body, cat back exhaust, Cai/Mas and I even got the GMS LCA's. I currently have BMR Lca's but I have been less than thrilled with them (I don't like the washers that they gave me to make up for the incorrectly sized grommet that came with the product. They should have sent a correct size after I called. Washers work but it's the principal of the thing).. If anybody wants to buy a slightly used set of BMR Lca's, they are also available for a good price.
Old 8/6/06, 11:48 PM
Bullitt Member

I think I must be cursed...I looked at the tracking last week and it was supposed to be delivered tomorrow. I just looked today and now it's tuesday due to a lousy late train in Illinois. I don't think I have ever had a UPS order change it's arrival date and I get stuff all of the time. I already have the car up on jacks (for exhaust change out) and the air box is out so that when this stuff arrives I can just put it on and get to testing.
I should have this week: 1. GMS t-body, cat back exhaust, Cai/Mas and I even got the GMS LCA's. I currently have BMR Lca's but I have been less than thrilled with them (I don't like the washers that they gave me to make up for the incorrectly sized grommet that came with the product. They should have sent a correct size after I called. Washers work but it's the principal of the thing).. If anybody wants to buy a slightly used set of BMR Lca's, they are also available for a good price.
Dang, you went all out didn't you, lol. I've got my CAI and T-body enroute as well. If I hadn't gotten my Corsa's already, I would get his cat-back system, as it is I'll have to find out if I can buy just the pipes
Old 8/7/06, 01:17 PM
Bullitt Member

Hey HarleyBill, Send me a PM with your asking price and maybe we can do some business...

Kirk
Old 8/7/06, 04:33 PM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Mustang Buster
Thanks JR, looking forward to hearing from you on how the testing went with the 2007. I am sure we will be able to work something out Oh, and yes, some helicopter types are fully aerobatic (meaning they can do loops and rollls and fly upside down) it all depends on what type of rotor head they have installed.
So no ride
Old 8/7/06, 04:51 PM
Former Vendor

Thanks for posting the dyno run - I did not know my guys put it up already

Quick Reply: Granatelli Intake w/new MAF???