GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

Granatelli Intake w/new MAF???

Search this Thread

Old 8/26/06, 08:16 PM
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by karman
Don't all engines?
Ya - so that was my point - they say they work and the engine likes cold air and lots of it - hence the comment on Puff Piece
Old 8/26/06, 08:31 PM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I will be picking one of these bad boy's up on monday, can't wait!
Old 8/28/06, 01:00 PM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by 2005sonicgt
I will be picking one of these bad boy's up on monday, can't wait!
Old 8/28/06, 03:06 PM
V6 Member

I ordered Mine in satin and also a red Throttle body. Cant wait to get it in. Next will be NOS and the Coil Packs for the 3v. I am real interested in the Turbo system as well. I am curious if anyone has installed it on a automatic yet. I have seen the Vortech and Procharger on autos but have yet to see a tubo. We have a few blowers in our club but no 05- with a turbo yet.

I will be sure to do a stock base line and a before and after as well as tune DYNO and post it. Maybe some of these guys will believe that. It cant hurt to have a outside test to show these guys.

I have seen first hand what some of the Granatelli parts can do, like the coil packs installed on the Cobra's with the large whipples and KB's. without those parts they have so much boost they flame out the stock plugs with coils. With that 40,000 volt ZAP now they run deep into the 10.00's and are going lower with a streetable car they drove to the track.
Old 8/28/06, 08:58 PM
V6 Member

Hey JR did your company ever install the turbo on a automatic. I recall way back in this topic you had mentioned looking for one to do a article and install on.

I'm tired of all the Vortecs and Prochargers out there. Looking for something different and have seen what the turbos can do with less parasitic drag on the engine.

We have a little local rivalry going on and come November we are taking a bunch of 05/06 stangs to Gainesville to run on the 1/4. Might be interesting to see what the Granatelli turbo can do up against Vortecs and Prochargers, maybe a whipple or Roush charger as well. Almost all of us are still on stock blocks.
Old 8/28/06, 08:59 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by My06Stang
Hey JR did your company ever install the turbo on a automatic. I recall way back in this topic you had mentioned looking for one to do a article and install on.

I'm tired of all the Vortecs and Prochargers out there. Looking for something different and have seen what the turbos can do with less parasitic drag on the engine.

We have a little local rivalry going on and come November we are taking a bunch of 05/06 stangs to Gainesville to run on the 1/4. Might be interesting to see what the Granatelli turbo can do up against Vortecs and Prochargers, maybe a whipple or Roush charger as well. Almost all of us are still on stock blocks.
http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showthread.php?t=50721

If I were a rich man...
Old 8/29/06, 08:28 AM
Former Vendor

Have your installing dealer call me
Old 8/30/06, 09:31 AM
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wow, I can't believe I read this whole thread!

On a side note, I ordered my CAI last Sunday from Performance Motor Parts, and should get it next week... on back order they say.

While there are different opinions on the best way to get cold air into the engine and sensor it, I personally like this option as it doesn't require me to flash my computer. I'm not a guy who knows a whole lot about engines, so being able to get some performance gains without flashing my chip is most comfortable to me. Yes, there may be better systems out there that use a re-flash, but for my peace of mind, this solution works best for 'me'!

-danny
Old 8/30/06, 09:34 AM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Originally Posted by pegasusphototx

On a side note, I ordered my CAI last Sunday from Performance Motor Parts, and should get it next week... on back order they say.

While there are different opinions on the best way to get cold air into the engine and sensor it, I personally like this option as it doesn't require me to flash my computer. I'm not a guy who knows a whole lot about engines, so being able to get some performance gains without flashing my chip is most comfortable to me. Yes, there may be better systems out there that use a re-flash, but for my peace of mind, this solution works best for 'me'!

-danny

+ 1 to that brother!
Old 8/30/06, 10:14 AM
Former Vendor

-danny
There is no better system - no other system can come close to flowing the same amount of air that our unit does without requiring a recalibration. But the best part is that our unit alwasy gives you the ability to do a reflash for that last extra bit if ou so chose to do that. - we really do offer the best of both worlds in this case
Old 8/30/06, 12:32 PM
Team Mustang Source

Mr. Granatelli, in reference to your upcoming Fuego tuner, what kind of gains can we expect with your CAI/MAF + Fuego? I noticed both CAI and the Fuego make similar gains, and am hopeful that together they will make even more!! Also, any plans to sell them together in a combo deal? I'd definitely be in on that one! Thanks
Old 8/30/06, 12:53 PM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by theedge67
Mr. Granatelli, in reference to your upcoming Fuego tuner, what kind of gains can we expect with your CAI/MAF + Fuego? I noticed both CAI and the Fuego make similar gains, and am hopeful that together they will make even more!! Also, any plans to sell them together in a combo deal? I'd definitely be in on that one! Thanks
We will do a dyno test on all of them combined shortly. I need another virgin car. After all the testing is done we will offer a promo deal. If you already purchased the CAI we will offer the Fuego at the proper rate so the numbers all make sence
Old 8/30/06, 01:01 PM
Team Mustang Source

Great, thanks JR!!
Old 9/2/06, 04:57 PM
V6 Member

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Granatelli
If you already purchased the CAI we will offer the Fuego at the proper rate so the numbers all make sense
That's great news . . . a lot of us are are going to get in line, for this
Old 9/6/06, 11:05 PM

Joey,

Can I get the polished one instead? Also want the exhaust, PH rod/brace and LCA's.

Thx,

Mike Sullivan
Old 9/7/06, 01:54 AM
Bullitt Member

I ordered Mine in satin and also a red Throttle body. Cant wait to get it in. Next will be NOS and the Coil Packs for the 3v. I am real interested in the Turbo system as well. I am curious if anyone has installed it on a automatic yet. I have seen the Vortech and Procharger on autos but have yet to see a tubo. We have a few blowers in our club but no 05- with a turbo yet.

I will be sure to do a stock base line and a before and after as well as tune DYNO and post it. Maybe some of these guys will believe that. It cant hurt to have a outside test to show these guys.

I have seen first hand what some of the Granatelli parts can do, like the coil packs installed on the Cobra's with the large whipples and KB's. without those parts they have so much boost they flame out the stock plugs with coils. With that 40,000 volt ZAP now they run deep into the 10.00's and are going lower with a streetable car they drove to the track.
Grats on the purchase, the red t-body is really a work of art to look at. Make sure you read through harleys instructions, he gives some good pointers. Also, Lee Chambers(one of their engi's) stressed to me over the phone the importance of lubing it well, give him a call and find out how. The t-body will increase the amount of engine sound then with just the CAI, gives it more of a growl. Looking forward to those dyno numbers.
Attached Thumbnails Granatelli Intake w/new MAF???-8-11-2006-2-140.jpg   Granatelli Intake w/new MAF???-8-11-2006-2-150.jpg  
Old 9/8/06, 09:41 AM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by msully
Joey,

Can I get the polished one instead? Also want the exhaust, PH rod/brace and LCA's.

Thx,

Mike Sullivan
Mike have you called in to place your order
Old 9/8/06, 03:14 PM

No, when we spoke last week you said you would drop one off at the house when they came back into stock. Let me know if that's not the case and I will call in the order. I was also looking for an exhaust, PH rod and brace and the LCA's for my 07. Thanks, I really appreciate it.
Old 9/8/06, 07:23 PM
Cobra Member

First time on the dyno ever tonight. Temp was 97 F so the run I'm sure could have produced better numbers in cooler weather, but for what it's worth here are my numbers with the Granatelli CAI w/MAF and FRPP Stingers:

281 rwhp / 297 rwtq

The guys at HPP Racing told me that a stock 06 GT Stick shift usually puts down around 260 rwhp, so to see a 21 hp jump with the CAI without tune makes me quite happy with my purchase. I will scan in the dyno sheet tomorrow and post it.

-danny
Old 9/8/06, 07:46 PM
Super Boss Lawman Member

First time on the dyno ever tonight. Temp was 97 F so the run I'm sure could have produced better numbers in cooler weather, but for what it's worth here are my numbers with the Granatelli CAI w/MAF and FRPP Stingers:

281 rwhp / 297 rwtq

The guys at HPP Racing told me that a stock 06 GT Stick shift usually puts down around 260 rwhp, so to see a 21 hp jump with the CAI without tune makes me quite happy with my purchase. I will scan in the dyno sheet tomorrow and post it.

-danny
Nice , I have the frpp stingers to and ordered the intake about two week's ago, I have a mac prochamber, maybe it will give me a little more ump!
Can't wait to get it!

Quick Reply: Granatelli Intake w/new MAF???