Hall Of Fame Homepage Journal Type & Other Threads of Merit By Admin Invitation Only

What did you do with your Mustang today?

Search this Thread

Old 6/13/17, 03:20 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 537 Likes on 420 Posts
Originally Posted by Stage_3
Nice clean up Gabe!
I forgot Lisa had the supercharger powder coated. Looks awesome.
Hopefully it's back together again soon with the pump.
Thanks, it's actually painted, a very close match to the Vista Blue stripes on the car. Same with the coil covers.

Today we got the new fog light bulbs.
Two tiny little Phillips boxes inside a rather large Amazon box with a bunch of packing crap inside. Wasteful packaging at its best.
Just need that new pump.
Old 6/14/17, 04:12 PM
Roush Forum Stalker

Received 1,679 Likes on 1,199 Posts
Originally Posted by Gabe
Thanks, it's actually painted, a very close match to the Vista Blue stripes on the car. Same with the coil covers.
Very nice. Looks great.
Old 6/14/17, 06:04 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Very nice. Looks great.
Thanks T.

Just got done working on the fiancee's Shelby, installed the new intercooler coolant pump, tightened some bolts on the Watts link and lubed the Watts link, changed the tune so it knows the current 20" tire size, and "test-drove" it
Old 6/15/17, 03:17 PM
Roush Forum Stalker

Thanks T.

Just got done working on the fiancee's Shelby, installed the new intercooler coolant pump, tightened some bolts on the Watts link and lubed the Watts link, changed the tune so it knows the current 20" tire size, and "test-drove" it
HA HAAAAAAAAAAA
Always got to "test drive" it. Just to make sure. LOL
Old 7/1/17, 05:48 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Ugh, got my Lethal OTA pipes and went to install them today. Did the passenger side, went to do the driver's side and the bolt head for the clamp for the muffler/OTA connection broke off. Now I'm just driving around with OTAs on one side.
Old 7/1/17, 11:49 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 107 Likes on 95 Posts
Changed out the back brakes.
Old 7/2/17, 06:40 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Yesterday, jacked it up in the driveway (didn't wanna start the cars to move mine into the garage since my wife was taking a nap and I would've woken her up), and replaced the rear O2 sensors and lubed up the rod ends in the Watts Link

Name:  20170701_jacked2.jpg
Views: 98
Size:  579.3 KB

Last edited by Gabe; 7/2/17 at 12:43 PM.
Old 7/2/17, 10:49 AM
Roush Forum Stalker

Yesterday, jacked it up in the driveway (didn't wanna start the cars to move mine into the garage since my wife was taking a nap and I would've woken her up), and replaced the rear O2 sensors and lubed up the rod ends in the Watts Link
Nice. Didn't know you had a Watts Link rear end Gabe. How is it? Which brand is it?
Do you notice a BIG difference or is it minimal?
Old 7/2/17, 12:57 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Nice. Didn't know you had a Watts Link rear end Gabe. How is it? Which brand is it?
Do you notice a BIG difference or is it minimal?
BMR. Got it over a year ago, really like it.
Lately I've been getting a jingling-type noise over some harsh impacts, I tightened everything in the rear suspension, it's still there.
Thinking that maybe the rod ends in the Watts Link linkages might be the culprits, I squirted some Amsoil Metal Protector inside the rubber boots I have covering those rod ends.
Noise is still there.
Other than that noise, which may or may not even be associated with the Watts Link, I love it.
It made the car corner flatter and I definitely have more traction where cornering and giving it gas
Old 7/2/17, 02:56 PM
Roush Forum Stalker

BMR. Got it over a year ago, really like it.
Lately I've been getting a jingling-type noise over some harsh impacts, I tightened everything in the rear suspension, it's still there.
Thinking that maybe the rod ends in the Watts Link linkages might be the culprits, I squirted some Amsoil Metal Protector inside the rubber boots I have covering those rod ends.
Noise is still there.
Other than that noise, which may or may not even be associated with the Watts Link, I love it.
It made the car corner flatter and I definitely have more traction where cornering and giving it gas
Awesome stuff.
I would probably go with BMR as well if I did the Watts link. They make such great products. I think their customer service is pretty good too.
Good luck!
Old 7/2/17, 03:06 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 43 Likes on 40 Posts
Used a clay bar on the whole car, and hand waxed my 1965 fastback!
3 hrs of work well spent!
Looks and feels like glass again!
Figured I'm at the half way point of the autocross season
it deserved some TLC!
Old 7/2/17, 06:21 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Yesterday I changed out the back breaks and bleed them. Today I cleaned greased and bleed the front breaks. Plus I got out all the break boogers. It's a good Mustang day.
Attached Thumbnails What did you do with your Mustang today?-photo441.jpg  
Old 7/3/17, 08:19 AM
Roush Forum Stalker

Originally Posted by ElkGroveFordGuy
Used a clay bar on the whole car, and hand waxed my 1965 fastback!
3 hrs of work well spent!
Looks and feels like glass again!
Figured I'm at the half way point of the autocross season
it deserved some TLC!
Awesome.
Gotta get the auto-x beast some TLC!

Originally Posted by GrnT
Yesterday I changed out the back breaks and bleed them. Today I cleaned greased and bleed the front breaks. Plus I got out all the break boogers. It's a good Mustang day.
That's awesome Mark.
I still love that color.
Old 7/4/17, 07:41 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Swapped the slightly bigger blower pulley back on, in an attempt to have an easier time at getting the car OBD-ready for state inspection.
Been driving it for over 1600 miles (that's over 3 years' worth of driving for Tony ), went through 5 different tune revisions, trying to get it to go ready.
Countless driving cycles completed, still getting all 4 Oxygen sensors not ready.
Tuner says the car is being very sensitive to engine loads, the percentage is all over the place during datalogging, something I never had an issue with until the smaller pulley/bigger-TB combo went on, around this time last year (after last year's inspection).

Also removed the Steeda adjustable rear spring perches and the springs that I got with them, and re-installed the Steeda Sport springs.
No longer need the adjustable perches, since the current wheel/tire set-up doesn't have a fitment issue like the Niche Milans did.

I may try the adjustable perches on the wife's Shelby, since her Alcoas' very-aggressive rear offset leads to some tire/fender contact over some bumps.
Lifting it up a bit will help.
Old 7/4/17, 09:37 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 52 Likes on 46 Posts
I hit a raccoon in the dark at 60 mph. It tore the plastic liner out the right front wheel well and twisted the inner edge of the fender. I ripped out what was left of the liner in the dark at the side of the road and limped home. Will have to get a better look tomorrow morning.
Old 7/5/17, 03:49 AM
2013 RR Boss 302 #2342

Received 2,171 Likes on 1,619 Posts
Originally Posted by Sarge
I hit a raccoon in the dark at 60 mph. It tore the plastic liner out the right front wheel well and twisted the inner edge of the fender. I ripped out what was left of the liner in the dark at the side of the road and limped home. Will have to get a better look tomorrow morning.
Sorry to read this! Hopefully everything will be easily repairable.
Old 7/5/17, 02:28 PM
Roush Forum Stalker

Swapped the slightly bigger blower pulley back on, in an attempt to have an easier time at getting the car OBD-ready for state inspection.
Been driving it for over 1600 miles (that's over 3 years' worth of driving for Tony ), went through 5 different tune revisions, trying to get it to go ready.
Countless driving cycles completed, still getting all 4 Oxygen sensors not ready.
Tuner says the car is being very sensitive to engine loads, the percentage is all over the place during datalogging, something I never had an issue with until the smaller pulley/bigger-TB combo went on, around this time last year (after last year's inspection).
Also removed the Steeda adjustable rear spring perches and the springs that I got with them, and re-installed the Steeda Sport springs.
No longer need the adjustable perches, since the current wheel/tire set-up doesn't have a fitment issue like the Niche Milans did.
I may try the adjustable perches on the wife's Shelby, since her Alcoas' very-aggressive rear offset leads to some tire/fender contact over some bumps.
Lifting it up a bit will help.
Who's this "Tony guy" you talk of?? lol

That stinks Gabe. So, is the car not passing emissions testing?
I hope you can get it fixed and ready to go ASAP.
Maybe you have to revert back to the stock tune, then back to the tune that has the current pulley/mods on?
Good luck buddy. Let us know if you het it fixed and what the fix was.

Last edited by Stage_3; 7/5/17 at 02:29 PM. Reason: text
Old 7/5/17, 06:49 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by Sarge
That sucks. Hoping the best for your car.
Old 7/5/17, 08:20 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Who's this "Tony guy" you talk of?? lol

That stinks Gabe. So, is the car not passing emissions testing?
I hope you can get it fixed and ready to go ASAP.
Maybe you have to revert back to the stock tune, then back to the tune that has the current pulley/mods on?
Good luck buddy. Let us know if you het it fixed and what the fix was.
All 4 oxygen sensors are saying "incomplete".
So can't do emission testing since more than 1 item is incomplete. Only 1 is allowed.

Wide and I took the car out tonight, put about 75-80 miles on it, mixed highway/city driving.
Same thing, all 4 sensors giving me the bird.
Old 7/6/17, 11:13 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 52 Likes on 46 Posts
Pulled the rest of the plastic liner out of the wheel well yesterday, so I shouldn't have any more broken plastic rubbing on the wheel. She drives fine. I thought about not bothering to replace the liner, but I tend to keep my cars a long time, and I drive in the winter on salty roads, so that could lead to corrosion. I'm waiting to hear from insurance now.

Today I found the microphone for the fake exhaust sound system and pulled the plug on that silly thing. (It's the black wire, not the red wire.) It doesn't sound as tinny from the inside now. Seriously, who thought that fake engine sounds would be cool? File that under "Dumb Ideas To Be Forgotten Forever", Ford.

Quick Reply: What did you do with your Mustang today?