Hall Of Fame Homepage Journal Type & Other Threads of Merit By Admin Invitation Only

What did you do with your Mustang today?

Search this Thread

Old 7/10/17, 10:22 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 107 Likes on 95 Posts
Originally Posted by FromZto5
Thanks so much guys!

Mark - how you been, Mr. 2 Mustang Owner Guy? Sorry I been so swamped - and I completely don't do Instagram anymore. I just don't have the time. Not sure when we'll come up to Minn. again. hopefully soon!
Keep up the good work Burton. Maybe we will see you again some day.
Old 7/13/17, 04:05 PM
Roush Forum Stalker

Received 1,681 Likes on 1,200 Posts
Originally Posted by Gabe
It's the newest combo between the smallest pulley and new throttle body, not sure exactly.
If I knew, it'd be fixed by now
Posted on another Mustang forum. Hopefully yours gets fixed soon as well.
Attached Thumbnails What did you do with your Mustang today?-svt-1.jpg  
Old 7/13/17, 04:37 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 537 Likes on 420 Posts
Originally Posted by Stage_3
Posted on another Mustang forum. Hopefully yours gets fixed soon as well.
Thanks, I'm in that thread already.
Jimmy (the guy that posted the stuff you linked) has a '13 GT500, a "slightly" different animal than a Coyote
Old 7/13/17, 04:59 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 52 Likes on 46 Posts
I finally finished the Cobb online training course to get full access to my tuner. Now I can go into the files and change all the numbers in the program. So far, all I've done is update my tire circumferences, and I figured out what I need to change when I swap out the gears in the rear end. Those are pretty simple changes. I have no intention of going in and messing with any of the numbers for ignition or fuel; I trust the engineers who wrote the programs are way better at making the engine run right than I am.
Old 7/14/17, 02:41 PM
Roush Forum Stalker

Thanks, I'm in that thread already.
Jimmy (the guy that posted the stuff you linked) has a '13 GT500, a "slightly" different animal than a Coyote
Waaaaaayyyy different engines. The Trinity being the better of the 2, (in my opinion), although the Coyote is no slouch!

I guess what I'm getting at is that Pete or Josh is more than likely going to write you a new tune for your car. "Most" tuners turn off the 02 sensors when tuning, but I am 100% certain that VMP does not for this specific reason for emissions. Which makes sense why we're seeing a lot of people wit the same issues with the 02 sensors not being ready and what not all of a sudden.
A forum member that bought a 2010 Roush Hammer, (gorgeous and fast car and also RARE!) from a guy in Florida where they don't have emissions testing, also has the same problem. I'm almost certain that his tune will be rewritten as well. He's actually bringing his car to Pete sometime soon on a trailer. He lives in Rhode Island.
Good luck bro!
Old 7/17/17, 07:15 AM
I Have No Life

Received 172 Likes on 145 Posts
Ok - bad pic alert! I have some iPhone pics I took this weekend. I went to the farmer's market downtown with the wifey and kids. There was a car show nearby, so I drove Marilyn, while the wife drove Portia with the kiddos. Yes, your eyes are not deceiving you... that is my wife's Prius behind me. A mustang and prius, the ultimate polar opposites

But at least they're completely buffed and swirl free - 6 and 5 years old respectively.

Then I did a Target errand... and I wanted to show you guys where I parked.

If you squint enough, or use a binocular, this is what she looks like up close!!!

Old 7/17/17, 03:06 PM
Roush Forum Stalker

HA HAAAAAAAAAAA
I love it Burton!
Old 7/17/17, 04:31 PM
Roush Forum Stalker

Well boys and girls,..........I just "acquired" about a GORGEOUS, low mileage, super clean, Ruby Red with white stripes GT500.
It's stupid gorgeous and has only 3,700 miles. (Not sure about the Carfax or 1 owner part yet. I sent in an email about 1o minuted ago with a bunch of questions. They are closed on Sundays and Mondays.)
Right now, it's just an "inquiry". So we shall see what happens.
Everything happens for a reason, so if it works out, GREAT. If not, I still have a killer car and it wasn't meant to be.
Old 7/17/17, 04:39 PM
Roush Forum Stalker

^^I forgot to add, it's a 2014 GT500.
Old 7/18/17, 09:46 AM
I Have No Life

^ Tony that's awesome. Private party sale? So then what are you doing with your Roush? Nvm - I just re-read it, sounds like dealer...
Old 7/18/17, 11:39 AM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Received 1,153 Likes on 841 Posts
Well boys and girls,..........I just "acquired" about a GORGEOUS, low mileage, super clean, Ruby Red with white stripes GT500.
It's stupid gorgeous and has only 3,700 miles. (Not sure about the Carfax or 1 owner part yet. I sent in an email about 1o minuted ago with a bunch of questions. They are closed on Sundays and Mondays.)
Right now, it's just an "inquiry". So we shall see what happens.
Everything happens for a reason, so if it works out, GREAT. If not, I still have a killer car and it wasn't meant to be.
3700 miles? It's worn out. Can you get a high mileage discount?
Old 7/18/17, 02:59 PM
I Have No Life

Originally Posted by SpectreH

I'm surprised Tony's even considering it. His standards have plummeted.
Old 7/18/17, 03:18 PM
Roush Forum Stalker

^ Tony that's awesome. Private party sale? So then what are you doing with your Roush? Nvm - I just re-read it, sounds like dealer...
Originally Posted by SpectreH
LMFAO

Yeah,...only 3,700 miles. Super clean. It is 100% stock.
I would be the 3rd owner. (The second owner bought it from them and drove it 100 hundred miles and traded it in. I'm not so sure I want to be a 3rd buyer, even if the car is pretty gorgeous. lol)
We'll see what they say about the price. I'm working that angle first. Then, I have to see how much they give me for my car. Have them write me the check for the full amount, minus 10K which I would use as the down payment. Use the rest of the check to pay off the truck and put a good amount of money in the checking account to make double payments.
That's the ONLY way this would work. I don't want to be car rich and wallet poor.
Old 7/19/17, 06:49 AM
I Have No Life

^ Tony - my advice, pay off your truck first. For that matter, don't get another car until you save enough to pay that off in cash too. Loans are never good. If you're getting a loan, you're not ready to buy a car And if you must do it, why not just put the money from the Roush right into the principal of the Shelby? Then on top of that, make double payments? The interest you gain in checking has got to be lower than interest of the Shelby, right?
Old 7/19/17, 02:13 PM
Roush Forum Stalker

^ Tony - my advice, pay off your truck first. For that matter, don't get another car until you save enough to pay that off in cash too. Loans are never good. If you're getting a loan, you're not ready to buy a car And if you must do it, why not just put the money from the Roush right into the principal of the Shelby? Then on top of that, make double payments? The interest you gain in checking has got to be lower than interest of the Shelby, right?
I'm not going to have 2 payments. I can't swing that. Plus, I wouldn't want to.
I'm going to see if they will buy my car for what I want.
Pay off my truck, put a good amount down on the GT500 and put thousands into the checking account ready for double payments. lol
All planned out bro.
*******It ONLY HAPPENS if they buy my car from me and for what I am asking for it. Otherwise, no deal.

(First, I am asking about the car and it is indeed a clean car with clean Carfax and all. My friend Nick over on the other Mustang forum offered to help me out by giving him the VIN. He runs/or owns a Ford dealership. Wicked cool of him to offer and help out without me even asking. He ran it for me last night and it came up clean. The car was originally ordered as a CPO car. After all that, I will add my trade into the mix.)
Old 7/19/17, 02:56 PM
I Have No Life

I'm not going to have 2 payments. I can't swing that. Plus, I wouldn't want to.
I'm going to see if they will buy my car for what I want.
Pay off my truck, put a good amount down on the GT500 and put thousands into the checking account ready for double payments. lol
All planned out bro.
*******It ONLY HAPPENS if they buy my car from me and for what I am asking for it. Otherwise, no deal.

(First, I am asking about the car and it is indeed a clean car with clean Carfax and all. My friend Nick over on the other Mustang forum offered to help me out by giving him the VIN. He runs/or owns a Ford dealership. Wicked cool of him to offer and help out without me even asking. He ran it for me last night and it came up clean. The car was originally ordered as a CPO car. After all that, I will add my trade into the mix.)
Sounds good Tony - you know your situation best. I think I've echoed my sentiments on loans before... I just don't like em. At least for me, if I can't buy a car outright, then I'm not ready to buy a car. I don't apply that rule to houses though, so what do I know... lol.

That being said - I'm excited for you though. Show me pics of this said Shelby!!!!
Old 7/19/17, 08:45 PM
Legacy TMS Member

CPO = Certified Pre-Owned?
A car can't be "originally ordered" as a CPO car, since it comes new, not pre-owned, from the manufacturer.
However, it may come up now as a CPO car on the OASIS system when the VIN is run, since it's a used car.
Old 7/20/17, 02:29 PM
Roush Forum Stalker

Sounds good Tony - you know your situation best. I think I've echoed my sentiments on loans before... I just don't like em. At least for me, if I can't buy a car outright, then I'm not ready to buy a car. I don't apply that rule to houses though, so what do I know... lol.

That being said - I'm excited for you though. Show me pics of this said Shelby!!!!
Who has 60k to pay outright for a car?!?! I know I don't! lol
All I will say it that it's pretty nasty! 2014 Ruby Red, 3,700 miles, completely stock, super clean undercarriage, and no dents, dings or scratches on the car.
I'll still have a payment, but if it works out the way I want it to, it will be very easy for me to pay it off soon. "IF" this even happens.

CPO = Certified Pre-Owned?
A car can't be "originally ordered" as a CPO car, since it comes new, not pre-owned, from the manufacturer.
However, it may come up now as a CPO car on the OASIS system when the VIN is run, since it's a used car.
It's a CPO, Central Processing Order. The dealership ordered it that way and paid extra for it to be certified when they bought it. Nick told me this through PM on svtperformance. He ran the VIN for me before the dealership could get it to me because they were closed that day. (They are closed on Sundays and Mondays. I inquired about the car on a Monday.) Nick says it's a clean car and it's been in North Carolina it's car life. I had the selling dealership send me the Carfax and it all adds up okay.
Old 7/20/17, 02:32 PM
Roush Forum Stalker

Shi*'s getting real on the GT500 though. lol
I got them to come off the sticker price 2k and I want some more off. The old man wants to sell it. It scares him, according to the dealership anyways. lol

I just brought up my car into the mix and see what happens then.
****There is no sale if I can't have them buy my car for what I am asking for it. Deal or no deal. LOL
Old 7/20/17, 03:07 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Who has 60k to pay outright for a car?!?! I know I don't! lol
All I will say it that it's pretty nasty! 2014 Ruby Red, 3,700 miles, completely stock, super clean undercarriage, and no dents, dings or scratches on the car.
I'll still have a payment, but if it works out the way I want it to, it will be very easy for me to pay it off soon. "IF" this even happens.

It's a CPO, Central Processing Order. The dealership ordered it that way and paid extra for it to be certified when they bought it. Nick told me this through PM on svtperformance. He ran the VIN for me before the dealership could get it to me because they were closed that day. (They are closed on Sundays and Mondays. I inquired about the car on a Monday.) Nick says it's a clean car and it's been in North Carolina it's car life. I had the selling dealership send me the Carfax and it all adds up okay.
I was a Ford Service writer for almost 10 years, never heard of a Central Processing Order.
CPO stands for Certified Pre-Owned.

http://m.ford.com/certified-used/ind...170720210544:s

Tony, feel free to message me the VIN, I'd love to look at it myself

Quick Reply: What did you do with your Mustang today?