What did you do with your Mustang today? - Page 548 - The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums

General Mustang Chat Not Tech or Model Year Specific

What did you do with your Mustang today?

Old 6/10/17, 08:43 PM   #10941
Super Boss Lawman Member

Went to the local cruise night with both cars, my GT and my fiancée's GT500.
Got there, popped the hoods, found coolant all over the engine in her car, the intercooler pump is gone.
Ordered a new one, will be here Wednesday, I'll have the bumper cover off and old pump off before the UPS guy gets there.
She's saddened that the nice weather is here and she can't drive her Shelby.
I'll fix it as soon as I have the new part, but that's still 4 days away
Gabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Join The Mustang Source

Join TheMustangSource.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford Mustang fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford Mustang Fans to meet online.
Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your stang, and have a great time with other Ford Mustang fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Mustang you'll find that TheMustangSource.com is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join TheMustangSource.com Today! - Click Here JOIN FOR FREE

Old 6/12/17, 01:00 AM   #10942

95 4.6 4 valve heads

I have a 4.6l 2 valve PI Engine out of a 1999 mustang GT that I got to put in my 98 3.8l mustang. I also picked up a 4.6l 4 valve NPI Engine out of a 95 Lincoln mark 8. I want to put the 4 valve NPI heads on my 99 engine. Can I? Or should I just drop the whole 95 engine in my mustang since it is a aluminum block and just have the heads fixed to basically be PI heads?
binkcoolit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6/12/17, 08:47 PM   #10943
Super Boss Lawman Member

Took the bumper cover off the fiancee's Shelby, changed the oil & filter, cleaned under the hood all the coolant spray from Saturday when the supercharger coolant pump stopped working and coolant boiled, spewing all over the engine.
New pump due here Wednesday, I'll also be putting in 2 new fog light bulbs and checking/tightening/lubing the Watts link while I have the car up in the air

And a before-and-after of the engine bay:

Old 6/13/17, 06:02 AM   #10944

Finally, got a chance to drive the car since I installed BMR chassis brace. This really ties my bmr kmember and rad support together. The front is much tighter on the straight, and in the corners. It's not huge but 5% better at the least.
Mustang dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6/13/17, 07:11 AM   #10945
Cobra R Member

Recently, I noticed that under medium boost (above 4 PSI or so), the display for my ProCharger i-1 would reboot. I also noticed that with the car off, it would display the boost as -1.2 PSI when it should be 0.0. I called ProCharger and they explained they have seen the reboot before if owners added headers, bigger throttle bodies, etc after installation. The i-1 control computer can make up for some minor mods, but after a while, if it is changing pulley ratios too much to bring the boost up to where it needs to be, it will get confused and "give up". A firmware update fixes that problem.

However, since I had not modded the car after supercharger installation, the best guess is that the faulty boost reading has the computer confused, yielding the same result. So, I shipped the i-1 computer and the display unit back for repair/replacement under warranty.

I will say the guys at ProCharger were very helpful and said it should take just a day or two to diagnose once they have it back. They received the units yesterday. This is the first time my Mustang has been grounded in nearly 5 years of ownership - 2 under boost.

In the mean time, I washed it, detailed the interior, changed the oil and filter, changed the SC oil, and swapped in a clean air filter. I'll be ready to roll after I plug in the SC computer and reinstall the glovebox.
SpectreH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6/13/17, 02:44 PM   #10946
Mustang Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabe View Post
Nice clean up Gabe!
I forgot Lisa had the supercharger powder coated. Looks awesome.
Hopefully it's back together again soon with the pump.
Stage_3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6/13/17, 03:20 PM   #10947
Super Boss Lawman Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stage_3 View Post
Nice clean up Gabe!
I forgot Lisa had the supercharger powder coated. Looks awesome.
Hopefully it's back together again soon with the pump.
Thanks, it's actually painted, a very close match to the Vista Blue stripes on the car. Same with the coil covers.

Today we got the new fog light bulbs.
Two tiny little Phillips boxes inside a rather large Amazon box with a bunch of packing crap inside. Wasteful packaging at its best.
Just need that new pump.
Old 6/14/17, 04:12 PM   #10948
Mustang Fanatic

Quote:
Thanks, it's actually painted, a very close match to the Vista Blue stripes on the car. Same with the coil covers.
Very nice. Looks great.
Old 6/14/17, 06:04 PM   #10949
Super Boss Lawman Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stage_3 View Post
Very nice. Looks great.
Thanks T.

Just got done working on the fiancee's Shelby, installed the new intercooler coolant pump, tightened some bolts on the Watts link and lubed the Watts link, changed the tune so it knows the current 20" tire size, and "test-drove" it
Old 6/15/17, 03:17 PM   #10950
Mustang Fanatic

Quote:
Thanks T.

Just got done working on the fiancee's Shelby, installed the new intercooler coolant pump, tightened some bolts on the Watts link and lubed the Watts link, changed the tune so it knows the current 20" tire size, and "test-drove" it
HA HAAAAAAAAAAA
Always got to "test drive" it. Just to make sure. LOL