Off-Topic Chatter Non-Vehicle Related Chat

WHATS FOR DINNER?

Search this Thread

Old 8/30/13, 02:23 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Received 643 Likes on 463 Posts
Originally Posted by cdynaco
But its the loin, the filet, the backstrap, the best.
Usually breading is for lessor cuts of meat like used in chicken fried "steak".
But we fry everything at certain times. I know a little joint that serves chicken fried steak that is a breaded ribeye.

I do prefer a tenderloin grilled though, but I understand breading and frying it. Its easy to dry one out when you grill it, especially a small piece like a tenderloin biscuit.
Old 8/30/13, 02:38 PM
Post *****

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Rather B.Blown
But we fry everything at certain times. I know a little joint that serves chicken fried steak that is a breaded ribeye.

I do prefer a tenderloin grilled though, but I understand breading and frying it. Its easy to dry one out when you grill it, especially a small piece like a tenderloin biscuit.
The 'old school' restaurants I used to deliver coffee to cut and made their own chicken fried steak (most now open the freezer door and open a package ).
One place in logger town was famous for its saddle blanket/plate sized ones. He was a meat cutter by trade so after cutting steaks and roasts he would take the leftover scraps and tougher cuts and run em through the tenderizer (machine that puts those perforations that look like 'cube' steaks). Then bread em and fry em.

They sold em by the ton to fallers and log truck drivers and ranchers in the 80's and early 90's. Then the feds shut the woods down.

I think I had one once. lol They were pretty good but I've never been much into fried meat.
Old 8/30/13, 03:09 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Mickstang
Huh? What? Whuzzat?!?! Something wrong with this post, Tox! Okay; I got it... You've lived in a cave all your life, or you're only four years old, right? Four year-old Amish kid who lives in a cave, maybe? Oh, wait a minute... did you mean you've always lived in Indiana, PENNSYLVANIA?

You're gonna have to 'splain this to me, Lucy; is it that you don't know about breaded tenderloins, or you were simply unaware that there was a place in Indiana where BT's better than anyone else's were available? Dang, I never thought I'd be involved in THIS conversation!
Lmao I guess I have lived under a rock all my life cuz I have never heard of such a thing! LOL I know about breaded tenderloins. I love them! Just never heard about this place you speak of
Old 8/30/13, 09:20 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by toxxxic13
Lmao I guess I have lived under a rock all my life cuz I have never heard of such a thing! LOL I know about breaded tenderloins. I love them! Just never heard about this place you speak of
Well OK then, I can work with that. Do you live anywhere near Greensburg, in Decatur County? You know, that's the town that has a tree growing up through the roof of the court house. Well, Storie's Restaurant sits on the south side of the courthouse square, and I've been eating there for over 30 years; it's over an hour away from me, but it's worth the trip. Now they may have all kinds of good stuff to eat, but I wouldn't know-- I've never ordered anything but a breaded tenderloin and a slab of their home made pie. I've eaten BT's all over the state, and I've never found one I liked better. There's a place in North Manchester, Mr. Dave's, that claims to have the best... it's not. The Red Onion in Sheridan serves a huge BT, but one of those was enough for me. I keep trying new ones, and I keep going back to Storie's. Where are you located, Tox?
Old 8/31/13, 06:26 AM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Mickstang
Well OK then, I can work with that. Do you live anywhere near Greensburg, in Decatur County? You know, that's the town that has a tree growing up through the roof of the court house. Well, Storie's Restaurant sits on the south side of the courthouse square, and I've been eating there for over 30 years; it's over an hour away from me, but it's worth the trip. Now they may have all kinds of good stuff to eat, but I wouldn't know-- I've never ordered anything but a breaded tenderloin and a slab of their home made pie. I've eaten BT's all over the state, and I've never found one I liked better. There's a place in North Manchester, Mr. Dave's, that claims to have the best... it's not. The Red Onion in Sheridan serves a huge BT, but one of those was enough for me. I keep trying new ones, and I keep going back to Storie's. Where are you located, Tox?
Im in Martinsville. Greensburg isnt to far from me. I work in Indy tho! I guess I will have to go try it sometime. Im a sucker for good pie
Old 8/31/13, 12:40 PM
Stubborn Bear
TMS Staff

Received 48 Likes on 39 Posts
So how are you cooking this and what all are you putting in it? Boiling it in a pot, baking it covered in the oven or what? Need to try a batch of that.
Come on man, you gotta try it, im waiting for your thoughts.
Old 8/31/13, 02:26 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Originally Posted by Scothew
Come on man, you gotta try it, im waiting for your thoughts.
I'll get around to it, might wait and try it when I get to the coast since I'll be able to get fresh seafood to put in it. I'm not really sure about how much of that seasoning to use, can't make it too spicy or the kids wont eat it (and some of the adults don't like really spicy stuff). I looked at it online and from what I read its pretty powerful, thought about using the bags instead but I'm not sure how many of those to use either.
Old 8/31/13, 02:47 PM
Stubborn Bear
TMS Staff

Received 48 Likes on 39 Posts
bag doesnt give enough flavor imo. i used half a bottle of concentrate for about 5-5.25 quarts of water and also added a few (healthy) shakes of old bay. Leave out the old bay and it should be perfect.
Old 8/31/13, 04:49 PM
bob
Legacy TMS Member

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts
Salmon patties with a red potato & green bean salad along with some torta roles. Nothing fancy, just quick and easy.
Old 9/1/13, 04:34 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 53 Likes on 52 Posts
I don't mind battered chicken and I'll even eat the occasional CFS. But breading and frying meat is, to me, by and large a waste of meat. There are healthier, tastier ways to prepare meat.
Old 9/1/13, 05:11 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Originally Posted by kcoTiger
I don't mind battered chicken and I'll even eat the occasional CFS. But breading and frying meat is, to me, by and large a waste of meat. There are healthier, tastier ways to prepare meat.
I love to bread and fry pork chops for breakfast with gravy and biscuits.
Old 9/1/13, 05:11 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Making tacos tonight.
Old 9/1/13, 05:12 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 53 Likes on 52 Posts
I love to bread and fry pork chops for breakfast with gravy and biscuits.
Grew up eating steak fingers and fried pork chops. So disappointing; tough, chewy, tasteless compared to grilled. Ugh.
Old 9/1/13, 06:02 PM

Received 70 Likes on 66 Posts
Steak.
Old 9/2/13, 04:56 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Ribeyes and salmon steaks on the grill, loaded baked taters, corn on the cob.
Old 9/2/13, 05:56 PM
2013 RR Boss 302 #2342

Received 2,314 Likes on 1,725 Posts
Deer burgers with bacon, sweet & regular
potatoes with veggies! Topped off with home made raspberry pie!!!
Old 9/2/13, 06:07 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 109 Likes on 95 Posts
I hope something. I'm so hungry.
Old 9/2/13, 06:45 PM

Received 70 Likes on 66 Posts
Originally Posted by Mustang Freak
Deer burgers with bacon, sweet & regular
potatoes with veggies! Topped off with home made raspberry pie!!!
I've never had raspberry pie.

Grilled chicken.
Old 9/2/13, 07:33 PM
Post *****

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Blue Notch
I've never had raspberry pie.

Grilled chicken.
Seeds.... not a fan.

Grilled chicken here too. Was supposed to have it last night but got lazy and had a tuna melt instead.
Old 9/2/13, 08:43 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 109 Likes on 95 Posts
Spaghetti and some kind of ground meat from Schwans. Hmmm mystery meat.

Quick Reply: WHATS FOR DINNER?