Southwest Post Club or Event Information and Meet Stangers in Your Area

Fort Worth crew

Search this Thread

Old 3/27/08, 10:48 AM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
do yall have any meets around here? im from mansfield. id like to meet sum new stang owners!
Old 3/27/08, 04:36 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Welcome! Have you found DFW Stangs.net? There are some get togethers throughout the week over there. A friend of mine from that site and I meet up at Chili's on S Hulen on Thursday nights (about 7:30 pm tonight) but, it's basically just us two bs'ing and making googley eyes at the waitresses and the bartender. We'll be at the bar. Look for a big ugly white guy with a flat top and an Asian dude if feel like coming out.
Old 3/28/08, 03:22 PM
V6 Member

haha. thats a lil far for me. i go a bigger meet on thursdays if ur interested. its on 360 and pioneer. but we usually get relocated to 360 and mayfield (one mile down the road). Its a good sized meet and last week we had about 40 to 50 cars out there. lots of fun!
Old 3/28/08, 10:32 PM
Team Mustang Source

I'll keep that in mind although it's kinda far to me but, there's always a chance.

Got my rear panel from Sliverhorse. Gonna wait till the rain chances are lower to install it. Here's a few pics with it sitting in the spot. Fits so good I have to pop it out even without the tape on it.

Old 3/30/08, 04:48 PM
Team Mustang Source

BeBeep, since I know you keep up with this thread I just wanted to say it was nice to finally meet ya and your Stang looks great. You need to post a pic of the Roadrunner (now I know why your screen name is what it is),
Old 3/30/08, 07:09 PM
Bullitt Member

Thanks Jimmy, I appreciate the compliment on my car and it was great to finally meet you also. Your car looks awesome and sounds great. Thank you very much for meeting with me and letting me hear your exhaust.

My Road Runner is in the middle of a restoration and if you are interested you can see the progress pics on my website, www.70roadrunner.com. Here is a pic of what it looked like before I tore it apart.

Thanks and Take Care,
Bob

Old 3/30/08, 07:30 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Looks good Tread! When are you going to get the MGW shifter in?

Originally Posted by Treadhead
I'll keep that in mind although it's kinda far to me but, there's always a chance.

Got my rear panel from Sliverhorse. Gonna wait till the rain chances are lower to install it. Here's a few pics with it sitting in the spot. Fits so good I have to pop it out even without the tape on it.

Old 3/31/08, 04:35 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by BeBeep
Thanks Jimmy, I appreciate the compliment on my car and it was great to finally meet you also. Your car looks awesome and sounds great. Thank you very much for meeting with me and letting me hear your exhaust.

My Road Runner is in the middle of a restoration and if you are interested you can see the progress pics on my website, www.70roadrunner.com. Here is a pic of what it looked like before I tore it apart.

Thanks and Take Care,
Bob

Now that is nice! That's the before pic?

Falchion-- The shifter should be on my doorstep Wednesday afternoon according to UPS. Hopefully, I'll get it in this weekend unless I end up taking it to get it installed.
Old 3/31/08, 05:50 PM
Bullitt Member

Yeah, that was the before. It was a 20 footer and had a bunch of little things that drove me crazy. It had been repainted and they did not do the engine bay or door jambs so it was like 3 shades of green.

It is all one color now and hopefully will be drivable again this summer (late summer).

Below is a shot of the bottom. The top looks even better.
Attached Thumbnails Fort Worth crew-dsc00781.jpg  

Last edited by BeBeep; 3/31/08 at 05:55 PM.
Old 4/1/08, 10:44 AM

Where can you take your Pony to get the shifter installed? Also, how much does it cost?

Now that is nice! That's the before pic?

Falchion-- The shifter should be on my doorstep Wednesday afternoon according to UPS. Hopefully, I'll get it in this weekend unless I end up taking it to get it installed.
Old 4/1/08, 03:23 PM
Team Mustang Source

The Roadrunner's gonna look great I do believe!

I got a good surprise on April Fools day! My shifter is here a day early, yippee! It should be simple enough to install it. A friend of mine has offered up his garage so hopefully it'll be in this weekend. I was thinking Gearheads in Arlington otherwise. We'll see.
Old 4/1/08, 04:38 PM
Bullitt Member

I just watched the install video for your MGW shifter and it is more involved than I would have thought. It would be nice to have a lift for this one but I am sure it can be done with jack stands too.

Does all the Dynamat they tell you to use come with the shifter as a kit?
Old 4/2/08, 11:51 AM
V6 Member

dang that rear panel looks real nice with that color! awesome buy!
Old 4/2/08, 12:54 PM

OK, good luck Tread!

Let us know how it goes!

The Roadrunner's gonna look great I do believe!

I got a good surprise on April Fools day! My shifter is here a day early, yippee! It should be simple enough to install it. A friend of mine has offered up his garage so hopefully it'll be in this weekend. I was thinking Gearheads in Arlington otherwise. We'll see.
Old 4/2/08, 04:19 PM
Team Mustang Source

I just watched the install video for your MGW shifter and it is more involved than I would have thought. It would be nice to have a lift for this one but I am sure it can be done with jack stands too.

Does all the Dynamat they tell you to use come with the shifter as a kit?
Yep it is kinda involved but supposedly worth it and the dynamat comes with the shifter.
Old 4/2/08, 04:21 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by Moostang08
dang that rear panel looks real nice with that color! awesome buy!

Thanks! Now thanks to BeBeep I gotta buy the tail light trim from Moss Mustangs after I saw his the other day.
Old 4/2/08, 04:26 PM
Bullitt Member

Thanks! Now thanks to BeBeep I gotta buy the tail light trim from Moss Mustangs after I saw his the other day.
It's only fair, thanks to you I am looking at the Granatelli CAI.
Old 4/3/08, 04:53 PM
Team Mustang Source

Oops,sorry?
Old 4/3/08, 05:02 PM
Bullitt Member

Oops,sorry?
Sure, I think it is a conspiracy and you and Granatelli are behind it!!

Honestly I have had a bug to add some toys to my stang and blaming you helps me justify my actions.
Old 4/3/08, 08:34 PM

Yeah Tread got me going on the Granatelli CAI as well. I really like mine. I think it gives me a little more MPG. At todays prices it would pay for itself pretty quickly!

Sure, I think it is a conspiracy and you and Granatelli are behind it!!

Honestly I have had a bug to add some toys to my stang and blaming you helps me justify my actions.

Quick Reply: Fort Worth crew