Southwest Post Club or Event Information and Meet Stangers in Your Area

Fort Worth crew

Search this Thread

Old 7/21/08, 07:32 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Hmm...I'll have to check the Flex out. I'm out of the car market until the wife gets a new car (as soon as the Mustang is paid off)...then I have to wait to pay off her car.
Old 7/22/08, 10:44 AM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yeah, the Flex looks pretty nice. It would be better to have one of those instead of a minivan!

I read about the Camaro coming out in Spring of 09. It was looking pretty nice. I'm still going to keep my Pony though. It's a lot of fun.

Here's an article about the Camaro.

http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/...amaro_car_news

Originally Posted by Treadhead
Went by Texas Motors today when I got out of Active SHooter School today. Checked out an '09 Mustang with a glass roof and man was that nice. There is even more room up top for us taller people and the view was flat out cool. Although it was inside the showroom, I checked out the sliding shade which seemed to block alot of light. I will probably have to have this if/when I get a new car (gonna try to hold on to this one if I can but, who knows what'll happen when the 5.0L hits!!!!!!!).

I also sat in a Flex which was pretty nifty too. There was a whole lot of room in that thing and would be a nice family road trip vehicle. The Vista Roof was cool as well. The interior was also very nicely done and seemed to be laid out well.

I had to run away as fast as I could before I did something stupid!
Old 7/24/08, 11:41 PM
Team Mustang Source

Guess who got shot?

Me but, it was only simunitions! It's like a paintgun bullet designed to work in a real pistol that has been modified to shoot simunition only. I was at an Active Shooter School where we go over tactics used in situations like a school shooting with the shooter still on scene shooting people. We ran scenarios and were all armed with our simunition pistols so we could go through the whole deal and actually have to shoot at each other.

Anyway, I was a bad guy in one scenario and got blasted about 4-5 times from about 3ft away (you are not supposed to shoot closer than 6ft!). Luckily only two shots hit where there was no body armor. One on my knuckle ( I thought it broke my finger) and the other on my shoulder which left a nice welt/bruise and actually broke the skin.

Overall it was fun and very informative training.

Old 7/25/08, 07:04 PM

Wow! Well, that's a little too much fun Tread!

I take it the bad guys didn't win?
Old 7/25/08, 08:06 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by Falchion
Wow! Well, that's a little too much fun Tread!

I take it the bad guys didn't win?
Not at all!
Old 8/4/08, 12:14 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Did you shoot him back?

Like...afterwards....

...in the butt?
Old 8/4/08, 03:34 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by GhostTX
Did you shoot him back?

Like...afterwards....

...in the butt?
Haha, no! I should have though.
Old 8/7/08, 06:17 PM

I got my oil changed last week. I went with Royal Purple. I was going to try Mobil one, but this stuff is supposed to last longer. They say 12000, but I'll probably chnage it at 5000 miles instead.

What do you guys think? Have any of you tried Royal Purple? My engine does seem to stay a little cooler since I've gotten it changed last week.

I also got a new iPhone 3G a couple of weeks ago, and have had a lot of fun using the build in GPS! It has a moving map display that shows you moving along. I think it's really cool to see that blinking blue dot and the map moving in the background. I bought a charger cradle with it that plugs into the powerpoint in the dash. I'm really having a lot of fun with it!
Attached Thumbnails Fort Worth crew-iphone-1.jpg  

Last edited by Falchion; 8/7/08 at 06:44 PM.
Old 8/7/08, 10:08 PM
Team Mustang Source

Cool! I have the Samsung Instinct which has the same GPS feature in it.

As far as oil changes go, I'm gonna stick with stock. Dealer already recommends 5,000 mile changes with it. I have heard good things about Royal Purple though so you shouldn't have any problems.
Old 8/8/08, 07:10 PM

OK good. I wasn't too sure about the Royal Purple, but I fell better about it now.

How do you like the Instinct? That was the other one I was considering before I got the new iPhone.

Cool! I have the Samsung Instinct which has the same GPS feature in it.

As far as oil changes go, I'm gonna stick with stock. Dealer already recommends 5,000 mile changes with it. I have heard good things about Royal Purple though so you shouldn't have any problems.
Old 8/10/08, 03:18 AM
Team Mustang Source

The Instinct has been pretty good so far. I like the fact that it has two batteries standard so when one dries up you just pop in the other. Web access is pretty quick too.
Old 8/10/08, 06:45 PM

Yeah, having a replaceable battery is a major plus. My iPhone was running down the battery pretty quickly when I first got it. Apple came out with a new version of the operating system which seems to give it better battery life.

There is a company that makes a performance meter software application for the iPhone. It's supposed to be pretty cool. I don't know that I really need something like that right now, but it's cool to think that I could just download it if I wanted to. It's only $13, here's the link to it.

http://dynolicious.com/index.html

The Instinct has been pretty good so far. I like the fact that it has two batteries standard so when one dries up you just pop in the other. Web access is pretty quick too.
Old 8/11/08, 02:27 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

I've heard good thing about Royal Purple.

My only issue, and this is with all synthetics, is that even though the oil may last 10-15 thousand miles...your engine still is generating metal shavings and other junk. True the oil filter should get most of that stuff, but I just prefer to have "fresh" oil in it when I can. I, too, will stick with the stock stuff and go every 5,000. 10,000 or more just seems to long to replace.
Old 8/13/08, 12:48 PM

Yeah, I probably won't go much more then 5000 miles either. They did say that you should continue to change the oil filter every 4000 miles or so. I didn't tell about that part. But if you're going to change the filter you might as well change the oil too. I don't drive too much, so 5000 miles is almost a year to me.

I've heard good thing about Royal Purple.

My only issue, and this is with all synthetics, is that even though the oil may last 10-15 thousand miles...your engine still is generating metal shavings and other junk. True the oil filter should get most of that stuff, but I just prefer to have "fresh" oil in it when I can. I, too, will stick with the stock stuff and go every 5,000. 10,000 or more just seems to long to replace.
Old 8/14/08, 04:23 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by Falchion
Yeah, I probably won't go much more then 5000 miles either. They did say that you should continue to change the oil filter every 4000 miles or so. I didn't tell about that part. But if you're going to change the filter you might as well change the oil too. I don't drive too much, so 5000 miles is almost a year to me.
What?!!!!! Do you walk to work or have a beater car?
Old 8/16/08, 08:04 PM

lol, no I only drive 8 miles to work. I have put on 6700 so far, and it hasn't been a year yet!

I put on the most miles when I drive to the singles dances. Most of those are 30 miles away!

What?!!!!! Do you walk to work or have a beater car?
Old 8/23/08, 07:48 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Don't you get groceries or something?

Man...my work is 2.5 miles one way now, and I drive more than that.

Tread, open up a stretch of 820 for the man and let him exercise his car!
Old 8/25/08, 11:45 PM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
so where are the local meets at? plz let me know. i wanna go and meet sum new people.
Old 8/26/08, 06:45 PM

lol

Well, I pick up groceries on the way home. No extra mileage there!

I did drive over to Grapevine and back on Friday night. That's at least 60 miles right there! Had some guys pass me on the Freeway that looked there were in a race? Two Fox body Mustangs, one 05 or newer Mustang, and even a Infinity G35! Boy, were they going fast! Where's the cops when you need them?

Tread usually has a local meetup thing going on. I've meet up with him a couple of times now. Usually every time I get a new Mustang!

Don't you get groceries or something?

Man...my work is 2.5 miles one way now, and I drive more than that.

Tread, open up a stretch of 820 for the man and let him exercise his car!
Old 8/28/08, 11:01 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by Moostang08
so where are the local meets at? plz let me know. i wanna go and meet sum new people.

The only Ft Worth meet that I know of is on Thursday nights behind the Hooters between S Hulen and Bryant Irvin on SW Boulevard about 8pm.

Quick Reply: Fort Worth crew