Southwest Post Club or Event Information and Meet Stangers in Your Area

Fort Worth crew

Search this Thread

Old 4/13/08, 05:35 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi Gents,

Falchion: Sorry to hear about somebody smacking your car. That sucks and I know from experience. My last Ram got wacked twice, once on the bottom of the door and the other a deep dent in the painted bumper. The door cost me $400 and the bumper another $250. I am not counting the numerous door dings taken out at PDR to the tune of about $250ish. People just don't respect anyone else's property these days.

Tread: I need to tell you that you won and I bought the Granatelli today. Actually it was the best time since there was a new one (satin finish) on the board for sale for a sweet price so I took the plunge. Hopefully I will get it later this week.

Between the engine bay dress-up and the CAI, I am about $1K lighter. Oh well I like how it looks and hopefully it will make me chill on mods for awhile.

Last edited by BeBeep; 4/13/08 at 05:37 PM.
Old 4/13/08, 06:32 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thanks for the comments BeBeep!

I'm glad to hear that you ordered the Grantelli CAI. I like mine!

Originally Posted by BeBeep
Hi Gents,

Falchion: Sorry to hear about somebody smacking your car. That sucks and I know from experience. My last Ram got wacked twice, once on the bottom of the door and the other a deep dent in the painted bumper. The door cost me $400 and the bumper another $250. I am not counting the numerous door dings taken out at PDR to the tune of about $250ish. People just don't respect anyone else's property these days.

Tread: I need to tell you that you won and I bought the Granatelli today. Actually it was the best time since there was a new one (satin finish) on the board for sale for a sweet price so I took the plunge. Hopefully I will get it later this week.

Between the engine bay dress-up and the CAI, I am about $1K lighter. Oh well I like how it looks and hopefully it will make me chill on mods for awhile.
Old 4/14/08, 03:24 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Congrats BeBeep! You should like it. It mighthelp with your exhaust note too! I noticed a change with mine (stock exhaust) when I installed it. It seemed to get a little bit deeper tone.
Old 4/14/08, 03:48 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Treadhead
Congrats BeBeep! You should like it. It mighthelp with your exhaust note too! I noticed a change with mine (stock exhaust) when I installed it. It seemed to get a little bit deeper tone.
Thanks man, if my exhaust tone gets deeper that would be a great bonus.
Old 4/18/08, 05:16 AM
Bullitt Member

HOLY CRAP what a storm we had last night!!! I hope everyone was safe and your property is damage free. I did not get any damage but I did get a bunch of pea size hail.

The car dealers in Weatherford did not fair so well, I heard on Fox 4 that over 1500 cars were damaged. They are insure but that still sucks.

I got my CAI yesterday and hope to get it installed today or Sunday. I have to work the Cowtown Mopars Car Show on Saturday so no time for mods that day.

Have a great weekend.
Old 4/18/08, 09:12 AM
Bullitt Member

OK I am starting to get a complex. I have 3 posts in a row and no chime in from anyone else.

HELLOOOOO, is anyone out there? Now I know how Dr. Neville felt in I Am Legend!! LOL

Anywho I received my CAI and could not wait to get it installed. Here are pics of the final product. So far no wierd lights so I hope I am OK. I also installed the Scott Drake Hood Hinge Bolts. They will match my incoming engine caps that should be here on Tuesday as well as the other bolt kit I installed.

Take Care.
Attached Thumbnails Fort Worth crew-img_0612.jpg  
Old 4/18/08, 09:23 AM
Cobra Member

Nice looking engine bay. I've had my Granatelli CAI for almost 2 years, and it's been flawless. I now have a custom dyno tune so no longer use the pigtail. In fact, I'm picking it up from the chromer's today. Can't wait to see it.

On an side note, is anyone organizing a meetup for the Laps for Charity at Texas Motorspeeday on 5/23?

Also, how many are going to show their car at the AER Manufacturing car show on 5/3? I'll be unveiling my winter's mods at that show... should be a good show like the previous 2 years.

-danny
Old 4/18/08, 10:39 AM

That looks good BeBeep!

I had some marble size to golf ball size hail last night. No damage to my house that I currently know of. The Pony was safe in the garage.

OK I am starting to get a complex. I have 3 posts in a row and no chime in from anyone else.

HELLOOOOO, is anyone out there? Now I know how Dr. Neville felt in I Am Legend!! LOL

Anywho I received my CAI and could not wait to get it installed. Here are pics of the final product. So far no wierd lights so I hope I am OK. I also installed the Scott Drake Hood Hinge Bolts. They will match my incoming engine caps that should be here on Tuesday as well as the other bolt kit I installed.

Take Care.
Old 4/18/08, 11:27 PM
Team Mustang Source

Nice CAI ya got there BeBeep! There was golf ball/marble size hail over here but, I was on lock down at Hulen mall when the storm came thru. I was smart and parked under the garage part. The closed all the upstairs off and made everyone go downstairs to the service hallways. I made it home about midnight to find piles of hail in the yard. I'm gonna have someone come check the roof of my house just to be on the safe side.

I wanna go to the Laps for Charity but, not sure I'm gonna make it. It's the same day as my sons' birthday. He wanted to go until he found out it was on his birthday so we'll see.
Old 4/19/08, 08:35 AM

Hulen Mall is pretty nice. I used to live near there. Were any sky lights broken out by the hail there?

I looked at the roof from the ground, and it's looks OK to me, but I have a two story house so it's kind of hard to tell.

Nice CAI ya got there BeBeep! There was golf ball/marble size hail over here but, I was on lock down at Hulen mall when the storm came thru. I was smart and parked under the garage part. The closed all the upstairs off and made everyone go downstairs to the service hallways. I made it home about midnight to find piles of hail in the yard. I'm gonna have someone come check the roof of my house just to be on the safe side.

I wanna go to the Laps for Charity but, not sure I'm gonna make it. It's the same day as my sons' birthday. He wanted to go until he found out it was on his birthday so we'll see.
Old 4/19/08, 01:36 PM
Bullitt Member

I test drove my car today with the CAI and man what a nice difference. I am hardly if ever impressed with these sort of mods but this one is good. I could feel a nice boost plus the overall sound and exhaust tone are sweet. It sounds meaner.

I really was hoping to do the Laps for Charity this year but unfortunately I will be on a cruise ship somewhere in Alaska. Maybe next time.
Old 4/20/08, 12:08 AM
Team Mustang Source

I knew you would like the CAI once you got it on there! Congrats! The next Laps for Charity is in September I believe.

I don't think there was any hail at Hulen Mall Falchion. I didn't notice it anyway even though I snuck out the side door so I could see outside and get recetion on my phone (had to call the ex and make sure she had my kids in a safe place and check the radar picture).

I had to get up early Friday morning and noticed some golf ball size hail stones in the piles that were still there.

Old 4/20/08, 08:55 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

We just had a gentle rain up here in Sherman.

Man...y'all are really tempting me to get the Granatelli CAI!

Laps is on 5/24. Argh!! That's the same day as my anniversary. 10 year one at that! Definately a No-No to miss that one!
Old 4/20/08, 09:19 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by GhostTX
Man...y'all are really tempting me to get the Granatelli CAI!
Yeah I blame Tread and he blames Falchion so maybe you can blame me!! It is the gift that keeps on giving.
Old 4/20/08, 10:24 AM

No, now Thread started all this since he was the first to get the CAI.

It is a good mod, I liked the quality of the whole kit. And I think that along with the Flowmasters, it improved my gas mileage a little. On the Freeway, I've gotten between 28-30 MPG. At least according to the MPG function on the car computer.

Yeah, Tread I had a whole yard full of hail stones like that! Looked like somebody threw a million ice trays worth of ice out in backyard! It was pretty scary while it was happening!

Yeah I blame Tread and he blames Falchion so maybe you can blame me!! It is the gift that keeps on giving.
Old 4/20/08, 05:13 PM
Bullitt Member

My bad, it is ALL Treads fault!!!
Old 4/21/08, 02:18 PM
Team Mustang Source

I'll make it up to y'all by offering ya a chance to win a car show!

Old 4/21/08, 06:41 PM

You going to enter Tread?

My car has that issue on the front where somebody messed up my bumper cover, otherwise I wouldn't mind entering.

I'll make it up to y'all by offering ya a chance to win a car show!

Old 4/22/08, 03:22 PM
Team Mustang Source

I'm going but, I don't think I'm gonna enter though.
Old 4/24/08, 07:19 PM

Hmm, could be interesting?

Quick Reply: Fort Worth crew