Search this Thread

Old 7/27/05, 09:26 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by GhostTX@July 27, 2005, 8:15 AM
Check it out!

This would be a great way to hook up!
http://forums.bradbarnett.net/index.php?sh...ndpost&p=454484
Ok, for some reason I never thought to check in here. I didn't know yawl where in here. So when are we all getting together to hang out. Maybe I can get my photographer friend to come too. I'm always just poking around on the 05 section, and didn't even realize this section existed.
Old 7/27/05, 09:56 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by srichard@July 27, 2005, 9:29 AM
So when are we all getting together to hang out.
Therein lies the question...we have yet to find a convient time for everybody to meet.
Old 7/27/05, 09:58 AM
GT Member

Hey Scott, Gorgeous car!

I'm up in Carrollton, and my Torch Red GT is due to be built tomorrow. If you can wait a month or so for that group shot, I'm definitely interested.
Old 7/27/05, 03:46 PM
Cobra R Member

Howdy fellas,

I agree that it's a shame that we haven't all met up yet. That being the case, we should meet up for this:

-----
Texas Motor Speedway
Saturday, September 10 Laps for Charity
"Experience the thrill of driving your own car at Texas Motor Speedway with other drivers behind a TMS pace car on our 1.5 mile superspeedway!"

5:00 - 10:00 p.m.
(Enter track through South tunnel)
• $25 for 3 Laps
• Pictures in Victory Circle available
• No pre-registration necessary
• Concessions will be open
• Individuals and car clubs welcome
• Bring the family!
-----

It's a lot of fun. I've done it several times before (in my 66 and 96 GT). The high bank turns are awesome.

There will likely be a large DFWstangs group going as well, but it'd be nice to have a large 05 contingent out there. B)

Originally posted by srichard@July 27, 2005, 9:29 AM
I didn't know yawl where in here.
Here's my public service announcement for my fellow Texans: It's spelled "y'all"

LOL, I work in an advertising/marketing department, and had to ask the copy writer up here how to correctly spell it. Apparently, there is a right/wrong way, even for slang.
Old 7/27/05, 03:52 PM
Team Mustang Source

I'm game for whenever.I work midnight shift and my supervisor is usually pretty flexible when it comes to taking a day off if I need to. If we can get GhostTX to stay in town, Falchion to stop working 24/7 and BLAKE to stop buying projects long enough I think we could set something up.

Blake you were supposed to wait for me to post! The Speedway would be cool! I have a wedding reception to go to that day but, I don't know what time so hopefully that will work out. I just might have to be late for the reception.
Old 7/27/05, 04:16 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally posted by Treadhead@July 27, 2005, 3:55 PM
I just might have to be late for the reception.
Atta boy!

It's worth it. A good time is always had by all.
Old 7/28/05, 07:55 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally posted by BLAKE@July 27, 2005, 3:49 PM
Texas Motor Speedway
Saturday, September 10 Laps for Charity
Sounds like a plan. When Tread gets more info on his reception, maybe we can pick a time?

Here's my public service announcement for my fellow Texans: It's spelled "y'all"
OMG, I can't believe that isn't common knowledge for Texans! Yeegads! I thought that was taught in the 1st grade 'round these parts!
Old 7/28/05, 09:04 AM
GT Member

Texas Dikshunry
Old 7/28/05, 01:18 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally posted by Blue Knight@July 28, 2005, 9:07 AM
Texas Dikshunry
Ya...uh-huh. Like that dictionary is valid when it's hosted on a Purdue website.

Frankly, I think that's just a yankees attempt at trying to understand Texans. Texas just gets in your blood, there is no way to "understanding" it.
Old 7/29/05, 07:28 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Spoken like a native.....Texan!

Originally posted by GhostTX@July 28, 2005, 1:21 PM
Ya...uh-huh. Like that dictionary is valid when it's hosted on a Purdue website.

Frankly, I think that's just a yankees attempt at trying to understand Texans. Texas just gets in your blood, there is no way to "understanding" it.
Old 7/30/05, 04:06 PM
Team Mustang Source

Joel----Has your car been built yet? I haven't checked the main forum. Now that I'm back at work, I don't have as much time to read every thread like I used to.
Old 7/31/05, 07:28 AM
GT Member

According to my dealer and the ERL it was shipped already. Ford must be in overdrive trying to clear out the 05 orders.

My dealer called and spoke to the wife yesterday while I was at work. He expects to deliver the car this week, which is two weeks ahead of my earliest guess.
Old 7/31/05, 04:32 PM
Team Mustang Source

Ok guys, my friend moved her reception to Friday the 9th so Saturday at the speedway is a go for me.

Joel--that's great news about the stang.
Old 8/1/05, 08:25 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Awesome, Blue Knight!! 2 weeks ahead of schedule for the 'stang is definately impressive.
Old 8/1/05, 05:18 PM
Team Mustang Source

Well, I finally had to chase someone on foot last night for the first time since my surgery. He got caught but, not by me. I made it about 2 1/2 blocks before I had to stop. I was surprised I made it that far but, I must say it was nice to be able to run without it killing my back. Oh well, at least there is one more daycare center burglar off the streets. For now anyway. I need a dog catcher net on the front of my car!
Old 8/2/05, 08:36 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Sweet, Tread! Get those perps!!! And wth would someone want in a day care?? Diapers? Gerber food?

I plan on attending the 8/15 training/learning class to be our neighborhood crime watch liason. Gotta be deligent on those creeps!
Old 8/2/05, 12:48 PM

Congrats Jim! Sounds like your job is a lot more exciting then mine!

But, I'm not sure I would trade with you......

Originally posted by Treadhead@August 1, 2005, 5:21 PM
Well, I finally had to chase someone on foot last night for the first time since my surgery. He got caught but, not by me. I made it about 2 1/2 blocks before I had to stop. I was surprised I made it that far but, I must say it was nice to be able to run without it killing my back. Oh well, at least there is one more daycare center burglar off the streets. For now anyway. I need a dog catcher net on the front of my car!
Old 8/2/05, 05:58 PM
Team Mustang Source

Believe it or not he was stealing the food the daycare was using to feed the kids. It has been a little crazy the last few days. Another Officer I work with had someone flee in a vehicle last night. He was doing about 80mph thru the neighborhood streets then said hello to a tree! <---Not the Officer.Luckily for the guy he glanced off it instead of head on or he would be DRT(dead right there). It was a big tree! Then I had to work a shooting at a dope house. When someone who lives at the dope house tells you to leave you don't argue. When they point a 12ga shotgun at you and tell you to leave again don't act tough because you will be full of buckshot like this knucklehead found out. He got it mostly in the arm and a few pellets to the chest but nothing serious.

Ghost--that's great about the liason class. Do you know what district or beat area you live in?
Old 8/3/05, 08:28 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

I haven't a clue, Tread. Guess I'll find that out. I'll PM with my location.

Man, that's just wicked crazy stories...its like watching COPS...wait a minute... :scratch:
Old 8/3/05, 09:36 AM

Man, that is pretty wild! :scratch:

Too much action for me! I'll watch Cops on TV instead.....

Originally posted by Treadhead@August 2, 2005, 6:01 PM
Believe it or not he was stealing the food the daycare was using to feed the kids. It has been a little crazy the last few days. Another Officer I work with had someone flee in a vehicle last night. He was doing about 80mph thru the neighborhood streets then said hello to a tree! <---Not the Officer.Luckily for the guy he glanced off it instead of head on or he would be DRT(dead right there). It was a big tree! Then I had to work a shooting at a dope house. When someone who lives at the dope house tells you to leave you don't argue. When they point a 12ga shotgun at you and tell you to leave again don't act tough because you will be full of buckshot like this knucklehead found out. He got it mostly in the arm and a few pellets to the chest but nothing serious.

Ghost--that's great about the liason class. Do you know what district or beat area you live in?

Quick Reply: Fort Worth crew