Southwest Post Club or Event Information and Meet Stangers in Your Area

Fort Worth crew

Search this Thread

Old 4/4/08, 09:43 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by BeBeep
Sure, I think it is a conspiracy and you and Granatelli are behind it!!

Honestly I have had a bug to add some toys to my stang and blaming you helps me justify my actions.

You caught me! You know your exhaust will never sound right until you get that CAI on it!

It's also Falchions' fault that I had to get the Flowmasters!
Old 4/5/08, 06:26 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I think maybe those give you a little bit better gas mileage. I saw that the gas prices went up to $3.25 just in a couple of days! Ouch!

Originally Posted by Treadhead
You caught me! You know your exhaust will never sound right until you get that CAI on it!

It's also Falchions' fault that I had to get the Flowmasters!
Old 4/5/08, 06:45 PM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
car meet tonite at the sonice on sublet and 287! be there! it ends at 12 and we need some domestics to take over bc its a DI meet. fun nite though. starts around 9:30
Old 4/5/08, 11:50 PM
Team Mustang Source

Shifter is in and man is it different than stock! Gonna take some getting used to that's for sure. Bad thing is I sheared one of the rear mounting studs clean off the car. Working on a fix for that. The one stud holding it up in the back seems strong enough to work for a short while. Probably gonna drill through the broken one and just use a small bolt to hold that side.
Old 4/6/08, 03:34 PM

I heard about other guys breaking those off. Did you torque on it very much?

You say the shifter is different? Do you like it? How is it different?

Shifter is in and man is it different than stock! Gonna take some getting used to that's for sure. Bad thing is I sheared one of the rear mounting studs clean off the car. Working on a fix for that. The one stud holding it up in the back seems strong enough to work for a short while. Probably gonna drill through the broken one and just use a small bolt to hold that side.
Old 4/6/08, 04:22 PM
Team Mustang Source

Didn't torque it at all as far as I could tell. It went from turning to broke off in one half of a turn on the wrench.

The shifter is different because the throw is so much shorter. It's like I'm having to learn it all over again and the springs are much stronger than stock. I'm sure they'll loosen up some. I might end up readjusting the throw a little longer but, I'll wait for now. Just for an idea, 1st gear is where neutral used to be.

To make my life even worse, I put my rear panel on today and naturally it's crooked. I practiced several times and it went on straight everytime.
Old 4/7/08, 10:45 AM

Mods, you gotta love it!

1st is now where neutral was? Hmm, not sure I would like that?

Didn't torque it at all as far as I could tell. It went from turning to broke off in one half of a turn on the wrench.

The shifter is different because the throw is so much shorter. It's like I'm having to learn it all over again and the springs are much stronger than stock. I'm sure they'll loosen up some. I might end up readjusting the throw a little longer but, I'll wait for now. Just for an idea, 1st gear is where neutral used to be.

To make my life even worse, I put my rear panel on today and naturally it's crooked. I practiced several times and it went on straight everytime.
Old 4/7/08, 03:56 PM
Team Mustang Source

It just takes a lttle getting used to is all. It shifts great. Basically the shifter sits a little closer than before I think.
Old 4/8/08, 12:54 PM

Oh OK. Does it shift smoother then before?

It just takes a lttle getting used to is all. It shifts great. Basically the shifter sits a little closer than before I think.
Old 4/8/08, 04:33 PM
Team Mustang Source

I wouldn't say smoother. Alot more solid, much shorter, more firm and as smooth as stock. The centering springs are much stronger than stock which is really the only part you have to pay attention to when shifting.
Old 4/9/08, 07:28 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally Posted by Falchion
I think maybe those give you a little bit better gas mileage.
A CAI will give you better gas mileage. When you get more "free" torque, you get more MPG.

So, I gotta ask. What made y'all feel the Granetelli was the better buy over other CAIs?

Sounds like the mod bug has bitten Tread hard.

Speaking of get togethers, when's the next Texas Motorspeedway Charity?
Old 4/9/08, 04:21 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by GhostTX
A CAI will give you better gas mileage. When you get more "free" torque, you get more MPG.

So, I gotta ask. What made y'all feel the Granetelli was the better buy over other CAIs?

No tune required and the price was what pushed me over the edge on the Granatelli. The Mod bug has been squashed as far as performance stuff. Anything else will be visual stuff. GT 500 spoiler and maybe C/S front and rear sometime down the road.

May 24th is the next Laps for Charity.
Old 4/9/08, 07:19 PM

Yeah Tread is right. The Granetelli is one of the few CAI that don't require a tune. Plus, it is the only one that replaces the Mass Air Flow sensor in order to get a correct fuel/air flow ratio.

At least that's the way I understand it!

Old 4/10/08, 07:09 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Ya... I just keep juggling with the thought of "future" mods. I just need to decide if I ever want to flash the computer. But with gas prices the way it is...probably not!
Old 4/10/08, 05:49 PM

Well, gas may go up to $4 per gallon this summer!

So, if it gives you even a little bit more mileage then it could be worth it. My Pony gets between 28-30 MPG on the Freeway with no AC! I'm glad I did all those mods now!

I looked at the front of my car today and it looks like somebody ran into the front of it today! Errr!

It made a crease in the vinyl front bumper cover that cut through it. Not enough damage to go get a claim on and all that, but not fun!

Ya... I just keep juggling with the thought of "future" mods. I just need to decide if I ever want to flash the computer. But with gas prices the way it is...probably not!
Old 4/11/08, 12:39 AM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by Falchion
Well, gas may go up to $4 per gallon this summer!

So, if it gives you even a little bit more mileage then it could be worth it. My Pony gets between 28-30 MPG on the Freeway with no AC! I'm glad I did all those mods now!

I looked at the front of my car today and it looks like somebody ran into the front of it today! Errr!

It made a crease in the vinyl front bumper cover that cut through it. Not enough damage to go get a claim on and all that, but not fun!

Oh man, that sucks!
Old 4/11/08, 11:42 AM

Yes, it does! But stuff like that happens when you park in a big parking lot with lots of cars.

Oh man, that sucks!
Old 4/11/08, 05:17 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

That's why I park in BFE.
Old 4/11/08, 06:47 PM

BFE?

That's why I park in BFE.