Southwest Post Club or Event Information and Meet Stangers in Your Area

Fort Worth crew

Search this Thread

Old 9/21/07, 12:44 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hmm, how about two weeks from tomorrow then?

That's certainly plenty of notice!

Here's a new thread I posted about the interior stuff I put in. Lots of pics!

http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showthread.php?t=71365

Originally Posted by GhostTX
Plenty of notice...like a week. Though, I won't be here next weekend.
Old 9/22/07, 10:01 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I'm taking the kids to a birthday party today at Cabela's. Never knew they did b-day parties. Anyway, I have my kids overnight on Friday and until 7pm on Saturdays so if we hook up at Hooters one day I'll be bringing them with me. They like Hooters anyway so it's no big deal.
Old 9/22/07, 11:56 AM

OK, maybe in two weeks then? What do you say Ghost?

I spent 3 and 1/2 hours washing and waxing my car today. Boy am I tired!

I also saw a couple of pin holes in the bumper cover for the front license so I went ahead and drilled a couple of 3/16 inch holes and put the front license plate on. I know Ghost won't like it, but I've never really minded a front license plate. Plus, I want to have one less reason to be pulled over!

Here's a couple of pics.

Originally Posted by Treadhead
I'm taking the kids to a birthday party today at Cabela's. Never knew they did b-day parties. Anyway, I have my kids overnight on Friday and until 7pm on Saturdays so if we hook up at Hooters one day I'll be bringing them with me. They like Hooters anyway so it's no big deal.
Attached Thumbnails Fort Worth crew-08-pony41.jpg   Fort Worth crew-08-pony46.jpg   Fort Worth crew-08-pony42.jpg   Fort Worth crew-08-pony45.jpg  
Old 9/23/07, 01:34 PM
Team Mustang Source

My wonderful new Charger V-6 patrol car finally got here last Tuesday. I had FTO school all week so I haven't driven it yet but, I did check it out one day after school. It sounds horrible. Very 4 cylinder like. Hopefully it'll be available tonight so I can evaluate it's morale crushing effects.
Old 9/23/07, 02:13 PM

I still can't believe they have you guys running around in a V6? How many HP?

My wonderful new Charger V-6 patrol car finally got here last Tuesday. I had FTO school all week so I haven't driven it yet but, I did check it out one day after school. It sounds horrible. Very 4 cylinder like. Hopefully it'll be available tonight so I can evaluate it's morale crushing effects.
Old 9/24/07, 07:11 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

3-1/2 hours? Yeesh...it normally takes me 2 hours to do mine. And drilling for the plate?!!? Ahhh!!! Your car is now tainted! The bling looks pretty tasteful, Fal. I like your map of Fort Worth.

Oh noes on the crappy sounding V6, Tread. Not like you every need to pursue someone. Hey, maybe you could get that portable light and put it on the roof of your Mustang...be like Starsky and Hutch!

How was the birthday party at Cabela's? That sounds...interesting.

Oct 6th meetup? I'll be down as a maybe. Found out my grandpa has cancer, so we're planning to try to see him quite a bit.
Old 9/24/07, 08:00 AM

Sorry to hear about your Grandpa. I hope he gets better

3-1/2 hours? Yeesh...it normally takes me 2 hours to do mine. And drilling for the plate?!!? Ahhh!!! Your car is now tainted! The bling looks pretty tasteful, Fal. I like your map of Fort Worth.

Oh noes on the crappy sounding V6, Tread. Not like you every need to pursue someone. Hey, maybe you could get that portable light and put it on the roof of your Mustang...be like Starsky and Hutch!

How was the birthday party at Cabela's? That sounds...interesting.

Oct 6th meetup? I'll be down as a maybe. Found out my grandpa has cancer, so we're planning to try to see him quite a bit.
Old 9/24/07, 03:44 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally Posted by Falchion
Sorry to hear about your Grandpa. I hope he gets better
He's not. The prognosis is pretty terminal. They're giving him 3-6 months. Hence our visits. He's 94. Farmed all his life. If it wasn't for the cancer, he'd be healthy.
Old 9/24/07, 04:32 PM
Team Mustang Source

Sorry about your Grandpa Ghost.
The Charger has 250hp and 250 on torque. From a dead stop it is pathetic but, from a roll it's about the same as the Crown Vic. It handles nice but, the driving position seems awkward and will take some getting used to. I only got to drive it for a couple hours since one of the evening shift guys stole it and they get off at 2am. Pics are here. http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showpo...4&postcount=28

The party at Cabela's was cool enough. They got to feed the fish and shoot at the targets in the shooting range (laser type stuff) and then fish for real on one of the ponds outside.

I can do Hooters on Oct 6th as well.
Old 9/24/07, 06:59 PM

OK, Oct 6th it is! Hulen mall Hooters? In the afternoon sometime?

Still sorry to hear about your Granpa Ghost, but he's lived a long life to be 94. I hope you can join us on Oct 6th.

Tread, does your Police Charger have alloy wheels? Looks pretty good really. 250 HP isn't too bad.

Sorry about your Grandpa Ghost.
The Charger has 250hp and 250 on torque. From a dead stop it is pathetic but, from a roll it's about the same as the Crown Vic. It handles nice but, the driving position seems awkward and will take some getting used to. I only got to drive it for a couple hours since one of the evening shift guys stole it and they get off at 2am. Pics are here. http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showpo...4&postcount=28

The party at Cabela's was cool enough. They got to feed the fish and shoot at the targets in the shooting range (laser type stuff) and then fish for real on one of the ponds outside.

I can do Hooters on Oct 6th as well.
Old 9/25/07, 07:26 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Thanks, guys. We're going down this weekend to visit.

At least the Charger looks more intimidating than the Vic. Is there more room inside? I can't tell from the pic.

Cabela's sounds neat. I've never actually been there. Sounds like something to check out.

I'll make a mental note of Oct. 6th, mention it to my wife and see how everything plays out.
Old 9/25/07, 08:00 AM

OK, hope to see you there.......

Thanks, guys. We're going down this weekend to visit.

At least the Charger looks more intimidating than the Vic. Is there more room inside? I can't tell from the pic.

Cabela's sounds neat. I've never actually been there. Sounds like something to check out.

I'll make a mental note of Oct. 6th, mention it to my wife and see how everything plays out.
Old 9/26/07, 02:40 PM
Team Mustang Source

The "rims" are hubcaps believe it or not! The Charger is thinner than the CV so side to side there is less room but not unbearable. The HP isn't the bad part, it's the lack of torque. It has no get up and go from a stop or slow roll which is where we really need it. It's about the same as the CV from a 40mph punch and it is rock solid at top speed too (130,,verified by me ).
Old 9/26/07, 06:54 PM

Tell em you want some rims!

It looked kind of tight in there. I don't know, at least from the pics. Are you sure you wouldn't be better off with a Mustang?

You could throw the bad guys in the back!

The "rims" are hubcaps believe it or not! The Charger is thinner than the CV so side to side there is less room but not unbearable. The HP isn't the bad part, it's the lack of torque. It has no get up and go from a stop or slow roll which is where we really need it. It's about the same as the CV from a 40mph punch and it is rock solid at top speed too (130,,verified by me ).
Old 9/27/07, 01:40 PM
Team Mustang Source

I wouldn't cry if I had to drive a Mustang! It's a little tight side to side but liveable in the Charger. I already throw the bad guys in the back whether they fit or not!
Old 9/27/07, 06:53 PM

lol, I'd better not get arrested by you then!

I just saw this afternoon that Aerotech is making their Interceptor scan gauge for the Mustang now. Might be time for another mod?

http://www.aeroforcetech.com/

OK, I ordered a Aerotech Interceptor scan gauge today! There's a group buy going at modularfords.com that saves $20 on a single gauge. Better get your this weekend! Here's some info on how to order it if your interested!

http://www.modularfords.com/forums/f...-gb-92379.html

Hello,

Easiest way to proceed is to send $219 + $10 shipping to our Paypal account, sales@aeroforcetech.com. In the message field include the options you'd like, display color, face, and bezel colors. I can also send you a paypal invoice if you tell me your paypal email address, or you can send a check or money order. Let me know. Thanks!
I'll try to give you a call as well.

Todd
(440) 666-5755

I also ordered a SOS A pillar gauge pod yesterday morning. That should look like this...

http://forums.bradbarnett.net/attach...7&d=1189888770

Here's SOS pic gallery.

http://www.speedofsoundllc.com/ProductGallery.html

I wouldn't cry if I had to drive a Mustang! It's a little tight side to side but liveable in the Charger. I already throw the bad guys in the back whether they fit or not!
Old 10/1/07, 10:41 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Does the gauge show just Air:Fuel mix, or is it an all-in-one digital gauge?

I'm out for Oct. 6th. Will be heading to Kerrville Friday night.
Old 10/2/07, 08:08 AM

I understand you to have a different sensor to display Air/Fuel ratio. It shows a lot of other stuff though!

Sorry to hear about you not being able to make it Ghost. What about you Tread? Or are you going to be arresting bad guys........

Does the gauge show just Air:Fuel mix, or is it an all-in-one digital gauge?

I'm out for Oct. 6th. Will be heading to Kerrville Friday night.
Old 10/2/07, 02:41 PM
Team Mustang Source

I'm still game. I wanna hear your Flows.
Old 10/2/07, 06:41 PM

lol, OK!

Is 3:00 PM Saturday at the Hulen Hooters good?

I might have my Aeroforce Scan Gauge installed by then!

I'm still game. I wanna hear your Flows.

Quick Reply: Fort Worth crew