Old 2/15/05, 01:27 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So we can quit hijacking the 05 forum.
Old 2/15/05, 01:34 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
LOL...

Nice pic, Blake (reference other thread). Hopefully we can sit in one this year. I didn't attend the Tarrant County last year, but I did go to the Dallas show where I over the '05. They didn't let you sit in it over there, though.
Old 2/15/05, 01:39 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I didn't know they had a SW thread!
Old 2/15/05, 01:43 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally posted by GhostTX+February 15, 2005, 2:37 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(GhostTX @ February 15, 2005, 2:37 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>LOL...

Nice pic, Blake (reference other thread). Hopefully we can sit in one this year. I didn't attend the Tarrant County last year, but I did go to the Dallas show where I over the '05. They didn't let you sit in it over there, though.
[/b]

Thanks. I was setting up the booth for the Star-Telegram last year, and got to sit in the Windveil blue GT before they roped it off. That rocked!

<!--QuoteBegin-Falchion
@February 15, 2005, 2:42 PM
I didn't know they had a SW thread!
[/quote]

Yeah, I knew there were regional forums, but I had no idea there were enough of us Cowtowners to warrant our own thread.
Old 2/15/05, 01:46 PM

Yeah, nice looking car you got right now Blake! I hope you keep it!
Old 2/15/05, 01:52 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally posted by Falchion@February 15, 2005, 2:49 PM
Thanks! Hope has nothing to do with it. I'm never selling that car. I have too mucy blood, sweat and tears in it to ever sell. I will, however, have no problem selling the 96 V6 I'm using as my daily driver right now.
Old 2/15/05, 02:32 PM

Good for you! Keep it forever!

Originally posted by BLAKE+February 15, 2005, 2:55 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BLAKE @ February 15, 2005, 2:55 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-Falchion@February 15, 2005, 2:49 PM
Thanks! Hope has nothing to do with it. I'm never selling that car. I have too mucy blood, sweat and tears in it to ever sell. I will, however, have no problem selling the 96 V6 I'm using as my daily driver right now.
[/b][/quote]
Old 2/15/05, 03:42 PM
Team Mustang Source

Wow, I go to the Doctor's office then come back and we have our own thread! Guess I'll go find the thread we hijacked and see what we are talking about.
Old 2/15/05, 06:05 PM

Man! We're getting a posse together here!

Get it? Mustangs = Horses = Posse?

Hey, I'm going to get some side stripes put on at the Dealer on my V6 when it comes on. I didn't want the spoiler, so I'll just have them put the stripes on.

But, I was thinking white stripes, but the Black ones looked good when I saw them in person on a LL stang. Or maybe go for Gold? Or would Gold show up against a LL car?

What do you guys think?
Old 2/15/05, 06:06 PM

Here's one with a Black stripe....
Old 2/15/05, 06:14 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally posted by Falchion@February 15, 2005, 7:08 PM
Man! We're getting a posse together here!

Get it? Mustangs = Horses = Posse?

LOL, I almost titled the thread "Fort Worth Posse".

Personally, I would match the stripes to the interior. If you're getting the charcoal (almost black) interior, I'd go with black stripes. Not sure how tan stripes would look on that color, but if the interior works on the car, why not the stripes? I know the dealer doesn't offer tan stripes, but it's such small and easy vinyl to cut, I'd consider having custom stripes made. Heck, I'd probably go that way anyway and do the classic style thin-thick-thin side stripes. One more reason to go with black: if you're getting a V6, the rocker panel area will be black from the factory. I'd think white stripes would be a bit too much contrast because of this.
Old 2/15/05, 06:34 PM
Team Mustang Source

I think both of the stripes look pretty good. You're gonna have to decide if you want it subdued(black) or stand out some(white). I might lean a little more to the black myself.

GhostTX- to answer your question in the other thread. I do not get free passes to the car show. Maybe if I worked security there but I don't work overtime if I can help it. The show is the same week as my back surgery of course so it's probably gonna be a major effort just to get to go. My stang is also due in that weekend. Ford should just come to my house and kick me while I'm down! :bang:
Old 2/16/05, 05:28 AM

OK, thanks for the input guys!

Still not sure though......
Old 2/16/05, 01:04 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

I like the black better than the white. It flows better with the light color of the car and the already black wheels.

Dang Tread. Sorry to hear about the back. Laminectomy? Whatever it is, I'm sure you won't be able to ride in a car, let alone drive one for a week or two. I'm sure Blake, Falchion or myself would be more than happy to make sure your pony is kept well excercised and warm until you can put her in your barn.

Ratz on the passes...I'd figure the city would extend some benefits for its employees on things like the show. <_<

Oh...and Falchion? Don't quit the day job...or get a new writer. :P
Old 2/16/05, 01:34 PM

Well, I'm getting the parchment interior, so maybe Gold would look good along the side?

And I won't be quitting my day job any time soon since I need to get some Mustang Money!

How long do Mustang with IUP take to build these days? Does anybody know? :scratch:

Originally posted by GhostTX@February 16, 2005, 2:07 PM
I like the black better than the white. It flows better with the light color of the car and the already black wheels.

Dang Tread. Sorry to hear about the back. Laminectomy? Whatever it is, I'm sure you won't be able to ride in a car, let alone drive one for a week or two. I'm sure Blake, Falchion or myself would be more than happy to make sure your pony is kept well excercised and warm until you can put her in your barn.

Ratz on the passes...I'd figure the city would extend some benefits for its employees on things like the show. <_<

Oh...and Falchion? Don't quit the day job...or get a new writer. :P
Old 2/16/05, 01:57 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

After reading these forums for gawd knows how long, I've come to the conclusion that IUP orders take 8-12 weeks...and lean more toward the 12 week mark.
Old 2/16/05, 02:13 PM

Ouch! That's a long time!

8 weeks I can deal with, but 12? :bang:

If it takes too long, then maybe I'll just switch it to an 06 order?

And then get some 18 inch Fan Blade wheels!
Old 2/16/05, 03:35 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Worst case...mid-May. That'd be the time you could probably order an '06 and then expect to take delivery in September.

3 month wait, or 7 months.
Old 2/16/05, 06:13 PM
Team Mustang Source

Ghost- My surgery will be an artificial disc replacement. It's brand new and basically you can be up and about pretty soon after. I have to wear a back brace for six weeks and rehab for about three months as opposed to six months for a typical fusion surgery. I should only be in the hospital for 1-2 days.

Falchion- You get some fanblades and I might have to confiscate them.
Old 2/16/05, 07:18 PM

Sorry to hear about you surgery Treadhead!

I just had some Dental/jaw surgery a couple of weeks ago that was pretty bad, but that's seems pretty minor compared to back surgery. I wish you all the best, and maybe when you get out and healed up we'll all go for a ride on a Tank like in your icon!

Just don't run it over my Mustang if it ever comes in! B)

Originally posted by Treadhead@February 16, 2005, 7:16 PM
Ghost- My surgery will be an artificial disc replacement. It's brand new and basically you can be up and about pretty soon after. I have to wear a back brace for six weeks and rehab for about three months as opposed to six months for a typical fusion surgery. I should only be in the hospital for 1-2 days.

Falchion- You get some fanblades and I might have to confiscate them.

Quick Reply: Fort Worth crew