Southwest Post Club or Event Information and Meet Stangers in Your Area

Fort Worth crew

Search this Thread

Old 2/21/08, 08:11 AM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Welcome to the Fort Worth crew forum!

It doesn't sound like where you were was a good place for a Mustang!

Originally Posted by helosailor
Thanks, it'll be good to get back to the land of "windchill warning, what's that mean?"
Old 2/21/08, 11:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well, it's was catch 22 of sorts. The very cold air is awesome for power, just no way to do much with it. Although, from about a 30mph roll (road conditions permitting) it was a whole lotta fun.
Old 3/3/08, 03:38 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I found out last night at work that another Officer blew up the Charger chasing a Mustang! I also found out last week that my next beat car will be a Crown Vic again!
Old 3/3/08, 06:52 PM

Yeah, that was a close one. He almost got me!

lol

Originally Posted by Treadhead
I found out last night at work that another Officer blew up the Charger chasing a Mustang! I also found out last week that my next beat car will be a Crown Vic again!
Old 3/6/08, 09:58 PM
Team Mustang Source

Haha! Turns out it was an '04 Mustang GT. The idiot was sorely disappointed when he found out he got caught by a V-6 Charger. He couldn't drive very well according to the Officer chasing him.
Old 3/7/08, 02:12 PM

Sounds like an easy catch. But a Charger got blown up in the process?

How did you guys like the snow and ice yesterday? My Mustang has the BFG KDWS tires on it so it handled pretty well. But, I couldn't get it into the garage since my drive way is so steep. Errr!

So I had to leave it parked on the drive way overnight!

Haha! Turns out it was an '04 Mustang GT. The idiot was sorely disappointed when he found out he got caught by a V-6 Charger. He couldn't drive very well according to the Officer chasing him.
Old 3/7/08, 05:30 PM
Team Mustang Source

Four minutes into the chase, anti-freeze was spewing everywhere. The Officer kept going instead of stopping and now the Charger has a no worky engine. HAHA!
Old 3/9/08, 01:38 PM

I bet you guys were busy the other day with all the snow and ice huh?

Four minutes into the chase, anti-freeze was spewing everywhere. The Officer kept going instead of stopping and now the Charger has a no worky engine. HAHA!
Old 3/9/08, 02:55 PM
Team Mustang Source

I was off so I wouldn't know Haha!

In other news, I ordered my Flowmasters today and aan MGW shifter! I found the flows on sale at Late Model Restoration for $277. Can you believe that? $100 cheaper than everywhere else.
Old 3/10/08, 01:08 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Nice on the flows, Tread! I really need to hook up with y'all and hear how they sound.

Can't comment too much on the Perrelli's, dunno if it was the tires, or the 8" of snow we got up here! There's my car after work on Thursday. Took me 15 minutes just to get out of the street and on my way home.
Attached Thumbnails Fort Worth crew-carinsnow2-1-.jpg   Fort Worth crew-carinsnow.jpg  

Last edited by GhostTX; 3/10/08 at 01:11 AM.
Old 3/10/08, 02:47 PM
Team Mustang Source

Check out the link for a good video clip of stock vs, Flows.
That snow was crazy. The only time I 've driven in the snow was with my BFG's and it was a little squirrelly (sp?). Not sure how the Pirrelli's are except for ice which was okay.
I also picked up some new window swipes with the felt. Now I gotta get motivated to put them on.

Link----->
http://www.fordmuscle.com/archives/2005/03/05Mufflers/
Old 3/10/08, 07:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Good thing I kept my combo scraper/snow brush from when I was in Minne-snow-ta. The Pirelli's are actually pretty decent in snow and ice, just like any other tire...taking off is the hard part.
I ran into what seemed like the mother of all blizzards in Iowa on Feb. 28th on my way down here, the 'stang came through just fine.
On the subject of Flowmasters, I've had mine on since right after I got the car. I loved the sound originally. Now, after a winter of driving in sub-zero Minnesota winter, the sound of them has changed noticeably. I would imagine it has to do with the temper of the metal (baffles probably) being changed. Now, it still has the same tone, just at a little louder volume.
P.S. It's good to be back home! Forgot how much I enjoy windows-down cruising.
Old 3/10/08, 07:08 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 107 Likes on 95 Posts
I'm coming down to Texas to get away from the snow. Is this a good idea?
Old 3/11/08, 03:58 PM
Team Mustang Source

Helosailor, Glad you finally made it back!

GrnT-- You coming to stay or visit? Winters here a mild. We are coming up on svere thunderstorm season (Floods, Tornadoes and Hail oh my!) and Summer will usually feel like you are in an oven. It's great here!
Old 3/13/08, 08:22 AM

Wow Ghost! That's a lot of snow! Did you get home OK?

Congrats on the Flowmasters Thread. I had some issues with the clamps. I posted that back in September. I put those massive Truck clamps on there and haven't had any issues with them.

My Mustang got me home OK. I don't live too far North, so the snow wasn't too bad. The last block I was driving on a new layer of of about 1/2 to 1 inch of snow. My Pony still got through that. I don't know what it would do with eight inches of snow!

Originally Posted by GhostTX
Nice on the flows, Tread! I really need to hook up with y'all and hear how they sound.

Can't comment too much on the Perrelli's, dunno if it was the tires, or the 8" of snow we got up here! There's my car after work on Thursday. Took me 15 minutes just to get out of the street and on my way home.
Old 3/14/08, 03:34 PM
Team Mustang Source

MGW Shifter has been delayed probably a week and a half. They incorporated some changes for easier installation which set back the lastest run a week.
Old 3/15/08, 02:46 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally Posted by GrnT
I'm coming down to Texas to get away from the snow. Is this a good idea?
We get "big" snows like this maybe once every 4-5 years.

Originally Posted by Falchion
Wow Ghost! That's a lot of snow! Did you get home OK?
Got home fine. As ever, more worried about the other morons than myself. Twice had to get off the ruts 'cause of idiots. One chic trying to rock her car ( floor it in D, then floor it in R) out of a driveway...with her car halfway in the street. I wasn't gonna try to drive by while she was doing that!
Old 3/15/08, 08:41 AM

Let us know how you like that MGW shifter once you get it installed Tread! It sounds pretty cool!

I went to an Interview over in Dallas a couple of weeks ago. I reset my mileage computer oncce I was on the freeway, and by the time I got off it was showing 30.2 MPG!

That's at 70 MPH without any AC. Do you guys think that's really possiable or is my mileage computer off?

MGW Shifter has been delayed probably a week and a half. They incorporated some changes for easier installation which set back the lastest run a week.
Old 3/15/08, 01:46 PM
Team Mustang Source

Flows are on and it sounds awesome!

Falchion I'm sure 30mpg is possible on the freeway. That's nice to know though. I'll definitely let ya know about the shifter too.

Ghost- If you've ever considered Flowmasters now is the time to get them. $277 from Late Model Restoration is unbelieveable. With tax and shipping they are about $50 cheaper than everywhere else with no tax or shipping. That's a sale price so I don't know how long it's good for.

Almost forgot, I went to the car show last night. They have the Camaro and Challenger concept cars there.

Last edited by Treadhead; 3/15/08 at 01:49 PM.
Old 3/16/08, 01:19 PM

Did you have any issues with the clamps on the Flowmasters Tread? I did, but then I had the clamp located in the wrong place. A lot of guys put them right on the ends so that the tube will crimp down.

It might give you a little better gas mileage now that your exhaust is more free flowing. Plus, they sound cool!

Flows are on and it sounds awesome!

Falchion I'm sure 30mpg is possible on the freeway. That's nice to know though. I'll definitely let ya know about the shifter too.

Ghost- If you've ever considered Flowmasters now is the time to get them. $277 from Late Model Restoration is unbelieveable. With tax and shipping they are about $50 cheaper than everywhere else with no tax or shipping. That's a sale price so I don't know how long it's good for.

Almost forgot, I went to the car show last night. They have the Camaro and Challenger concept cars there.

Quick Reply: Fort Worth crew