Search this Thread

Old 7/6/05, 02:20 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Good work Jimmy!
Old 7/6/05, 04:03 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Why thanks Blake! I wish I could take credit but, I was only a small cog in the machine and another officer got to it before me. I was a good experience though. It was the first time I had one stay on the screen long enough to actually track it down.

Did you get your car back yet? We need pics if you did!
Old 7/7/05, 12:58 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I guess those LoJack things work huh?

You haven't heard of many cars getting stolen out of the lot at Lockheed have you you Jim?

Here's a good one for you guys over on the main forum page. Maybe we try this with you later on huh Jim?

Man Arrested After Allegedly Drag Racing Police

Originally posted by Treadhead@July 6, 2005, 4:06 PM
Why thanks Blake! I wish I could take credit but, I was only a small cog in the machine and another officer got to it before me. I was a good experience though. It was the first time I had one stay on the screen long enough to actually track it down.

Did you get your car back yet? We need pics if you did!
Old 7/7/05, 01:00 PM
Cobra R Member

Got it back Tuesday night!

http://forums.bradbarnett.net/index.php?showtopic=28582
Old 7/7/05, 01:52 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally posted by Treadhead@July 6, 2005, 1:42 PM
I finally got to shoot my qualifications Tuesday morning. In the freaking rain!! Somehow I managed to shoot a 91.6 % score even though I have not even laid a hand on my pistol ( much less shot it ) since Oct of 2003 (the date of our last qualification before I got hurt).
Its like riding a bicycle again...

Cool on the Lo-Jack. Just curious, have you ever dealt with COPS when they shoot in Fort Worth?
Old 7/7/05, 03:31 PM
Team Mustang Source

Falchion- The Lo-Jack works pretty good. I just wish it was cheaper. That drag racing deal in undercover 05's was funny. Guess I might have to put lights on my car since we are short of patrol cars right now. I don't know anything about the lot at Lockheed since I don't work this side of town. I can ask around if you like. Have you heard something or just curious?

Blake- The car looks great! Need some pics of the painted lower grill now.

Ghost- The hardest part for qualifications is that it is timed so you gotta hurry but, not rush it too much or you'll sling rounds all over the place. I've been on the scene several times with COPS but, nothing worthwhile. I haven't had them ride with me though. I don't talk enough. Especially when it comes to all the corny stuff they want you to talk about. They are a great bunch of guy's though.
Old 7/7/05, 06:58 PM

Well, I've heard that it's a high theft area. I'm not sure. It would be good if you could chek it out for me. Thanks!

I think it's funny that the Police traded in their Crown Vic's for Mustang GT's.

Originally posted by Treadhead@July 7, 2005, 3:34 PM
Falchion- The Lo-Jack works pretty good. I just wish it was cheaper. That drag racing deal in undercover 05's was funny. Guess I might have to put lights on my car since we are short of patrol cars right now. I don't know anything about the lot at Lockheed since I don't work this side of town. I can ask around if you like. Have you heard something or just curious?

Blake- The car looks great! Need some pics of the painted lower grill now.

Ghost- The hardest part for qualifications is that it is timed so you gotta hurry but, not rush it too much or you'll sling rounds all over the place. I've been on the scene several times with COPS but, nothing worthwhile. I haven't had them ride with me though. I don't talk enough. Especially when it comes to all the corny stuff they want you to talk about. They are a great bunch of guy's though.
Old 7/8/05, 01:22 AM
Team Mustang Source

Are you talking about the location over here at the corner of White Settlement/ Academy? THat's the only one I can check on. The other location is White Settlement I think. Do they surveillance systems or just rely on the security? I guess it would be easy to hop the fence and drive out but, I would think they would have better security.
Old 7/8/05, 08:17 AM

I meant the main plant over by Bomber road, and Silver creek. It's outside the fence, so there's no fence hoping involved. I don't think they ever really patrol it or anything.

Originally posted by Treadhead@July 8, 2005, 1:25 AM
Are you talking about the location over here at the corner of White Settlement/ Academy? THat's the only one I can check on. The other location is White Settlement I think. Do they surveillance systems or just rely on the security? I guess it would be easy to hop the fence and drive out but, I would think they would have better security.
Old 7/8/05, 08:04 PM
Team Mustang Source

Ah okay, is that in Ft Worth or White Settlement? Is it considered part of Lockheed? It might be covered by the DoD Police. I'm not sure where the boundary is over there. I'll try to remember to look at my mapsco when I go back to work and see if it's in our city.
Old 7/9/05, 02:57 PM

I think it's White Settlement, but I'm not sure. It's not very secure at all really.

Thanks for the help Tread!

Originally posted by Treadhead@July 8, 2005, 8:07 PM
Ah okay, is that in Ft Worth or White Settlement? Is it considered part of Lockheed? It might be covered by the DoD Police. I'm not sure where the boundary is over there. I'll try to remember to look at my mapsco when I go back to work and see if it's in our city.
Old 7/10/05, 03:48 PM
Team Mustang Source

No problemo man. Do the thefts get reported to WHite Settlement or does DoD police handle it? If it's White Settlement you call and ask that they provide some extra patrol. As small as the city is they are probably aware of it but, you never know.
Old 7/10/05, 07:33 PM

Well Lockheed has their own Security, but there's none of them back there. They use automated card readers at the gates. Cheaper I guess, but not very secure.

Originally posted by Treadhead@July 10, 2005, 3:51 PM
No problemo man. Do the thefts get reported to WHite Settlement or does DoD police handle it? If it's White Settlement you call and ask that they provide some extra patrol. As small as the city is they are probably aware of it but, you never know.
Old 7/11/05, 10:31 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Oh c'mon. Tell 'em to get one of those robot ATVs from the Grand Prairie facilities. darn thing doesn't even need to be armed, just drive around with a Ma Deuce or Dragon/Javelin tube on it...that'll dissuade any perp.
Old 7/11/05, 06:29 PM

They'd rather sell one of those to the Government for big money. They're not going to waste it on the employees parking lot! :angry:

It's all about the money!

Originally posted by GhostTX@July 11, 2005, 10:34 AM
Oh c'mon. Tell 'em to get one of those robot ATVs from the Grand Prairie facilities. darn thing doesn't even need to be armed, just drive around with a Ma Deuce or Dragon/Javelin tube on it...that'll dissuade any perp.
Old 7/13/05, 06:05 PM
Team Mustang Source

My car is much faster than a Crown Vic! A buddy from work told me he dust me when I was leaving for home the other night. Needless to say it was over before I hit 2nd gear! I waited for him to catch up and he was cracking up so I gave him a wave and went on home.
Then this morning I tested the fuel gauge count down in the message center. I got all the way down to 7miles left before getting gas. According to the computer I used 14.6 gals. I guess I didn't fill it all the way up last time because I put 15.8 gals in this morning. I'm glad I didn't try to go further.
Old 7/13/05, 09:30 PM
GT Member

Howdy Westsiders!

Treadhead said I should stop by. After reading up on this thread, not only are we both former tankers, but we're both on patrol. Go figure. Congratulations on getting the light duty lifted. I can't imagine what kept you out so long, but I sympathize. I just got off light duty for a broken finger that snapped during an arrest at a domestic. A couple years before that, it was a collar bone from an arrest control tactics class. I wear more bandaids than my kids. Why do we do this again? Oh yeah, bills come due.

I live in the N. Dallas area...Don't shoot!...I lived in S. Fort Worth in the late 60's-early 70's, so I'm not really a foriegner. Honest!

Old 7/14/05, 07:42 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Howdy Blue! Welcome to the North Texas inner circle on TMS.

Sweet, now we have "cop connections" in Dallas and Fort Worth!

Nice to know about the Crown Vic, Tread. Muhahahaha... too bad the Mustang can't out run radios though.
Old 7/14/05, 09:26 AM

Yeah, welcome to the SW forum Blue!

It's funny to see Police racing each other!

I too live on the North side of Fort Worth! Nearest major intersection is Boat Club Road, and Ten Mile Bridge Road. So, if you see a LL 05 Mustang over there, don't give me a ticket!
Old 7/14/05, 11:24 PM
Team Mustang Source

Hey Joel, that's great to see your in law enforcement too! I had a low back injury which basically destroyed a disc in my spine(L5-S1). I ended up having artificial disc replacement surgery in February. I too have been hurt more times than I can remember. We hurt each other in defensive tactics class alot too. My friend and I got into a who can take down the other the hardest contest and I won. He didn't listen when I told him I would win. He ended up needing shoulder surgery. Anyway, glad to see you made it over here. Hope ya stick around. We won't hold the N. Dallas thing against ya.

Ghost- It's so true about the radios. We would be in trouble without them or maybe they would actually get us some cars with an engine in them.

Quick Reply: Fort Worth crew