Southwest Post Club or Event Information and Meet Stangers in Your Area

Fort Worth crew

Search this Thread

Old 4/22/05, 05:54 AM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Welcome to the SW Forum Railray!

Yeah, it would be cool to get together some time. Take lots of pics, and post em on the main 2005 Mustang forum! Call it "Fort Worth posse!"

Yeah, Tread, that sun shield was high Dollar, I didn't really want to spend that, but the one out of my truck didn't fit too well and I couldn't find one anywhere for the 2005 Mustang. I really needed a sun shield with summer coming on, and my car sitting in the parking lot at work all day long. Sometimes 7 days a week!

But, you only have to buy it once....

Originally posted by railray@April 22, 2005, 12:09 AM
Hey Guys...

I live on the West Side and have had my Torch Red GT since mid January. Stopped by to see the car show behind the Hooters (SW Blvd.) on Monday night and found Treadhead sitting in his W/B GT off to the side of the lot away from the hoards of ricers with their glowing neon. It was nice to run into someone from TMS (he even had a nice black TMS T-shirt on) and to chat about our rides. Glad to see some of you are starting to earn your 'nanners. I only had to wait two months but it seemed like it was much longer. Got way to familiar with the ERL's voice...LOL

Looks like pretty soon we'll need to share some of our stories in person...
I'm going to try real hard to make it to the DFWCC car show (the one where I met Threadhead) which hopefully will be in a week and a half or so. Maybe I'll see some of you there!
Old 4/22/05, 01:18 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Hey Railray! Glad you made it over and it was nice to meet ya the show. I was glad to finally see another 05 show up too.

Falchion- I looked at the link you provided for that sunshield and noticed it said it was insulated or something. That should help quite a bit if it is and should make it worth the price in the long run. It's also nice that it is fit for the model of car and not universal.
Old 4/22/05, 07:08 PM

Yeah, I was really worried about preserving the interior of my new pony. I plan on keeping this car for a while and so I think it's worth spending a little money on it up front to keep it looking good for years to come.......

Otherwise that Texas sun will eat up a new car's interior in no time!

Originally posted by Treadhead@April 22, 2005, 1:21 PM
Hey Railray! Glad you made it over and it was nice to meet ya the show. I was glad to finally see another 05 show up too.

Falchion- I looked at the link you provided for that sunshield and noticed it said it was insulated or something. That should help quite a bit if it is and should make it worth the price in the long run. It's also nice that it is fit for the model of car and not universal.
Old 4/23/05, 11:33 AM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The "Car Show" is on for Monday, May 2nd....same location as last Monday.
Here's the schedule for the next month...

Monday, May 2, 2005 ( 8pm )
Monday, May 16, 2005 ( 8pm )
Monday, May 30, 2005 ( 8pm )
Hooters Fort Worth
5350 Southwest Blvd.

Heres a link for more info: Dallas Fort Worth Car Club

I'll be there...willin' to bet Treadhead might make it.

What about the rest of you guys?

Even if you haven't gotten "The Call" yet, come on by and visit.

We get enough Mustangs there and we might have to build a corral to hold 'em.
Old 4/23/05, 01:03 PM

Sounds like fun, but Monday isn't the best day for me!

Do they ever have those on the weekends?

We're getting enough Mustangs, we could have our own get together!
Old 4/23/05, 10:59 PM
Team Mustang Source

Cool! Unless something comes up I'll probably be there. I might have to bring my two lil co-pilots since they are usually with me on Monday nights. Maybe I can find them a Hooter girl to be their new Mommy!
I think the get togethers are always on Mon nights. There are usually some nice cars and several that will make you laugh so if y'all can make it you should come on out.
Old 4/24/05, 12:56 PM

Yeah, it sounds cool, I even know where that is since I used to live down there. But, I have to go to bed early since I start work at 6:30 AM. Got to pay for my Pony.....

But, I would like to get together after GhostTx, and Blake get their cars so that I can check them out!

It'll be cool to see how all the different options and colors look on a Mustang!

I'm sure they'll all look nice, since they're all Mustangs!
Old 4/24/05, 06:22 PM
Team Mustang Source

Well it starts at 8pm and most everyone was beginning to leave around 11pm last time but I understand having to get up early. That's one of the reasons I'm glad I work midnight shift. I hate getting up early! If you make it, cool. If not, it's still cool. I'm sure when Blake and Ghost get their cars we can set something up. I actually saw a Blk GT on Bryant Irvin the other day. Looked really good but, no way I could maintain a black one.
Old 4/24/05, 06:47 PM

Yeah, Black is a real popular color for the Mustang, but that's got to be the worst color in Texas!

I think that the Legend Lime, and your blue are better with the heat down here. Plus it can get pretty dusty sitting around all day long at the airport, a lighter color doesn't show the dust as bad....

I'm sure we'll get together over the summer some time!

Originally posted by Treadhead@April 24, 2005, 6:25 PM
Well it starts at 8pm and most everyone was beginning to leave around 11pm last time but I understand having to get up early. That's one of the reasons I'm glad I work midnight shift. I hate getting up early! If you make it, cool. If not, it's still cool. I'm sure when Blake and Ghost get their cars we can set something up. I actually saw a Blk GT on Bryant Irvin the other day. Looked really good but, no way I could maintain a black one.
Old 4/25/05, 09:51 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

I'm sure I'll be hurting with the Redfire as far as dirt in concerned. Don't get me started about black though.

I think I might could swing something for the May 16th one. Should have my car by then and it'll be nice to meet the fellow Fort Worth TMS'ers.
Old 4/25/05, 10:52 AM

What color is Blake getting? Black?

Originally posted by GhostTX@April 25, 2005, 9:54 AM
I'm sure I'll be hurting with the Redfire as far as dirt in concerned. Don't get me started about black though.

I think I might could swing something for the May 16th one. Should have my car by then and it'll be nice to meet the fellow Fort Worth TMS'ers.
Old 4/25/05, 12:46 PM
Team Mustang Source

Yea, Blake is getting black with the ICAP. Should look pretty sharp. Ghost, man that redfire looks sharp too! I saw one the other day on the way home and it looked great. You getting anxious yet? I see it's scheduled for Friday.
Old 4/25/05, 01:19 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

I'm wicked anxious.

We drove to Arkansas for an extended weekend last week and I saw more '05s during the roadtrip than I've seen in a month driving around here. I was calling them out so much it became the game of the trip with my wife spotting them before me at times. While we were there, I wanted to check out the one at the local lot. Some silver GT with black stripes and chrome 20" rims. She denied me that request, but on the way back we played the same "game" again.

Needless to say...I'm really looking forward to it.
Old 4/25/05, 05:55 PM

It's a good thing you didn't stop, you might have come home with a new Mustang!

I think Redfire is a cool color, that might might have been my second choice behind LL, but the new Mustang looks good in almost all colors!

Drove mine today in a really bad rain storm in NW Fort Worth. I left work early trying to get home before hail started coming down! The new pony handled it pretty well, especially since it was really coming down there for a while. We even had the tornado sirens going for a while!

It did increase my confidence that my new pony will bring me home through bad weather.......

Also, here's a link to where I talk about my high Dollar Sun Shield for my new Pony! Toward the bottom, got some pics!

Sun Shield for New Pony!

Originally posted by GhostTX@April 25, 2005, 1:22 PM
I'm wicked anxious.

We drove to Arkansas for an extended weekend last week and I saw more '05s during the roadtrip than I've seen in a month driving around here. I was calling them out so much it became the game of the trip with my wife spotting them before me at times. While we were there, I wanted to check out the one at the local lot. Some silver GT with black stripes and chrome 20" rims. She denied me that request, but on the way back we played the same "game" again.

Needless to say...I'm really looking forward to it.
Old 4/26/05, 03:57 PM
Team Mustang Source

Hey guys,, I went wheel shopping yesterday and I might be buying wheels before I planned. I'm currently considering Motegi racing, Zennetti Fives and the fanblades. I wish Ford would've kept the fanblades as an option so I wouldn't have this problem. Now I have to make up my mind on what I want. More than one choice is too many.
Old 4/26/05, 06:34 PM

I thought Ford was going to keep the Fan Blades as a option for 06?

If they don't do that, then the 3rd choice is the one I would go for. Those look great! Are they 18 inchers?

Originally posted by Treadhead@April 26, 2005, 4:00 PM
Hey guys,, I went wheel shopping yesterday and I might be buying wheels before I planned. I'm currently considering Motegi racing, Zennetti Fives and the fanblades. I wish Ford would've kept the fanblades as an option so I wouldn't have this problem. Now I have to make up my mind on what I want. More than one choice is too many.
Old 4/26/05, 08:13 PM
Team Mustang Source

Yea the fanblades are still on for '06. I was refering to '05 because I would have opted for them and not have to worry about new wheels, sorry for the confusion. All these are available in 18in. I really like the Motegi's. Texas Motors has a set(hyper black) on a LL V-6(first pic) to look at which helps alot. The second pic is chrome Motegi's. The Zennetti's are a nice fanblade alternative. <----- this is me at Discount tire.
Old 4/27/05, 06:08 AM

Do they come in the right offset and bolt pattern? I had a problem at Discount finding the right offset which is 45 mm for the GT. It's kind of a rare size. :bang:

You could wait untill Ford comes out with the Fan Blades and then buy them, but it might be expensive?

Originally posted by Treadhead@April 26, 2005, 8:16 PM
Yea the fanblades are still on for '06. I was refering to '05 because I would have opted for them and not have to worry about new wheels, sorry for the confusion. All these are available in 18in. I really like the Motegi's. Texas Motors has a set(hyper black) on a LL V-6(first pic) to look at which helps alot. The second pic is chrome Motegi's. The Zennetti's are a nice fanblade alternative. <----- this is me at Discount tire.
Old 4/27/05, 07:12 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Ya...I like those fanblades, too. But as Falchion said, why not wait for the '06 rims to come and out get those?
Old 4/27/05, 12:55 PM

Here's a link to some Fleet info on the new 2006 Mustang! And yes, the 18 inchers are there!

Also, an intergrated Tire pressure Monitoring System. Darn! I should have waited! :bang:

2006 Mustang

Originally posted by GhostTX@April 27, 2005, 7:15 AM
Ya...I like those fanblades, too. But as Falchion said, why not wait for the '06 rims to come and out get those?

Quick Reply: Fort Worth crew