Search this Thread

Old 6/4/05, 04:27 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Oops..dang limits...other shots:
Old 6/4/05, 08:13 PM
Team Mustang Source

Wow, that looks great! I have the NXT too but, I haven't used it yet. I would think the bumper and anything painted would be okay since there is paint between material and the polish.
There is no 3rd brake light on that Boss look a like either. I'm not to sure what to think about that spoiler either.
Old 6/5/05, 07:23 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Your car looks great Ghost!

Thanks for the "Boss" pics Tread!
Old 6/10/05, 08:51 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Found an image of Blake's car, Black / IUP / ICAP / Bullitt wheels / Wingless / 5 Speed Stick
Just the back:
http://www.dfwstangs.net/forums/attachment...achmentid=42104

They (DFWStangs.net) have a get together every Tuesday night (or most Tuesday nights) at a Sonic. Tuesday's one of my busier nights, but if y'all are game...I'll meet y'all.
The Sonic on N Beach St offers a DFWstangs special. A burger, a drink and fries for $2.99. Or get a 44 oz drink for $0.99....
Where: Sonic Drive-In
Address: 6280 N Beach St Haltom City TX 76137
Time: 7:00 to whenever.
Old 6/10/05, 04:46 PM
Team Mustang Source

I've been considering going out there. Gotta bring the kiddo's with me if I do go. There is also another thread on there about trying to set something up on the Westside too.

P.S. I got SBC/Yahoo DSL today. This stuff is great! Same price as my Netzero Hi-speed and much faster.
Old 6/10/05, 09:44 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally posted by Treadhead@June 10, 2005, 4:49 PM
I've been considering going out there. Gotta bring the kiddo's with me if I do go. There is also another thread on there about trying to set something up on the Westside too.
P.S. I got SBC/Yahoo DSL today. This stuff is great! Same price as my Netzero Hi-speed and much faster.
Welcome to Hi-speed.

Either way, lets see if we can hook up in the future. West, North...whatevers.
Old 6/11/05, 10:49 AM

The weekends are best for me. Have to get up too early during the week to do much after work.

At least we know what Blakes car looks like though!
Old 6/13/05, 11:33 PM
Team Mustang Source

You know what Blakes car used to look like! Some idiot lady in a Tahoe or Yukon decided she wanted to be where Blake was and changed lanes right on top of him. Broke off the mirror, dented and creased the quarter panel and some other stuff. He has a pic posted on DFWStangs.net but, I didn't want to post it here since he's flipping off the camera. Be sure and tell him he looks like K.D. Lang in the pic.

P.S. It's in the Back Porch section of the forum.
Old 6/14/05, 08:32 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Ya...just saw that. That totally sux0rs. Hopefully, it'll turn out for the better in the end.
Old 6/15/05, 10:52 AM

Wow, that's too bad!

Man, I'm sorry to hear that. I think driving a car is really a lot more dangerous then people think. I almost got in an accident yesterday in fact, but had this truck go around me at the last minute. Not sure where he even came from?

If you talk to Blake, tell him I'm sorry for his misfoutune.....
Old 6/16/05, 07:45 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally posted by Falchion@June 15, 2005, 10:55 AM
Man, I'm sorry to hear that. I think driving a car is really a lot more dangerous then people think.
Go find the auto-fatalities in a day stats...or heck...just daily wrecks alone in the Metroplex. Almost got swiped myself the other day...stupid @$@!# doesn't know what a YIELD sign means (good thing I saw her and anticipated what she was going to do).

I'm sure Tread as all kinds of fun-filled stats.

Tread, any chance us civies can take one of your police driving courses?
Old 6/16/05, 01:03 PM
Team Mustang Source

You can always hire on to the police academy and get a chance to drive at the driving course. Of course when I went thru it we just had parking lot at Billy Bobs full of cones and one week was not enough time to unlearn the way I drive and re-learn the way they wanted us to drive(shuffle steering). I'm not sure where they do it now but, it's probably the same old stuff. It was fun though! I would really like it if they would send us to a professional school to learn the finer points of high speed driving.

I haven't really kept any stats but, I can say that you would not believe some of the idiots out there driving a 2 ton vehicle. They have no clue and seem to think what they see on TV is reality. I had a lady in her mid 30's tell me she didn't t-bone a car because it didn't blow up like they do on TV. :scratch:

Let's just say it's a good thing that I haven't been armed the last few days. Some people have no concept of looking where they are going. :bang:

P.S. Knowing how some of my fellow officers drive it's probably a good thing they don't turn us loose for high speed runs at the speedway or somewhere.
Old 6/16/05, 01:29 PM

Yeah, in my case I really don't know where this truck came from unless maybe I just didn't see him since it was 6:15 in the morning, and he was driving a dark grey truck without his head lights on. Oh, and it was a little bit overcast too.

Either that, or maybe he was parked by the side of the road or something?

But, it is dangerous out there.
Old 6/20/05, 10:05 AM
Team Mustang Source

Alright, the Mustang is in the shop for the front end TSB. I feel scared and all alone with it. I can't wait for it to be done so I can see if it tightens up the front end some. They atleast gave me a Taurus this time and said it should hopefully be done this afternoon. I'll report back when I get it. The Ford GT is still there if anyone wants to go see it.
Old 6/20/05, 02:23 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

How many TSBs is this for you now?

I got the BAD DISK error yesterday when switching from one CD to the next...they both played flawlessly earlier. :S I'm getting a bit paranoid. There's also a rattle in my driver door when I hit bumps that I'm wondering if I should get looked at or not.
Old 6/20/05, 06:43 PM
Team Mustang Source

This is the first actual TSB for me. I had an issue with a quarter window leaking and had the scratched tint replaced but, there were no TSB's for those. I got the car back a few hours ago and it feels great. No popping and the front end feels tighter.
I too have a rattle but, it's in the glove box area. I've also had a couple skips and rewinds on the Shaker but, nothing else. Have you turned it off and then back on? I think I remember someone doing that and it reset it.
Old 6/21/05, 06:57 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Ya, that did seem to work (on/off). And it worked fine this morning when I put in another CD. Go figure.

When are you going back on the beat? I'm wondering if maybe you could calibrate you radar on us sometime. Seriously. Sometimes I wonder if my speedometer is off a bit, 'cause I'll be moving along at 70mph and getting passed...which when I did 70mph in my Camaro, didn't seem to get passed as often.
Old 6/21/05, 11:07 AM
Team Mustang Source

I go back to the doctor on the 29th for evaluation. As for the radar, I will be on midnight shift in East Ft Worth(Poly area) if you wanna come over there. I can't leave the area unless I'm dispatched outside my division or authorized by my supervisor. I'd be happy to do it but, it has to be under those conditions above.
I've been passed like I'm standing still while going 80 many times. I think everyone is just driving faster.
Old 6/21/05, 12:47 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

East Fort Worth is no problem for me, so no worries. I'd just have to coordinate with ya.

Maybe people are driving faster now. :scratch: Or I'm just getting older and everything seems faster. <_<
Old 6/21/05, 07:16 PM

Sorry to hear about your car Tread! At least it will be back with you pretty soon!

My Shaker 500 stopped working on me for a few minutes the other day. I think it got too hot sitting out in the parking lot.

But it started working again once I was about half way home. Maybe the AC cooled it down enough to where it could work again? Weird!

Hey, when are you guys going to do your first oil change? My sales guy said it wasn't required untill 5000, but I'm sure if I trust that?

Originally posted by Treadhead@June 21, 2005, 11:10 AM
I go back to the doctor on the 29th for evaluation. As for the radar, I will be on midnight shift in East Ft Worth(Poly area) if you wanna come over there. I can't leave the area unless I'm dispatched outside my division or authorized by my supervisor. I'd be happy to do it but, it has to be under those conditions above.
I've been passed like I'm standing still while going 80 many times. I think everyone is just driving faster.

Quick Reply: Fort Worth crew