Southwest Post Club or Event Information and Meet Stangers in Your Area

Fort Worth crew

Search this Thread

Old 11/9/05, 02:31 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Well, other than the how I really like the looks of the car, it really drove quite well. It had some pretty good accelleration and handled the course they had set up very well. The seats seemed pretty comfortable for the short amount of time I was in it and I don't know what kind of cloth they used but, I could not slide on the seat at all. You have to lift yourself up and over. I drove the V-6 with 6spd transmission which seemed very smooth. I think it will be a very good base for SVT to work their magic on it. I didn't have time to really check the interior but, nothing bad stuck out.
Old 11/11/05, 10:40 AM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
OK, it sounds like a nice car.

I was hoping that I would get one as a rental car since I took my pony in to get a small paint flaw fixed. But, I got a Taurus instead! :notnice:

I don't like those......

But at least I should get my pony back today!

Originally posted by Treadhead@November 9, 2005, 3:34 PM
Well, other than the how I really like the looks of the car, it really drove quite well. It had some pretty good accelleration and handled the course they had set up very well. The seats seemed pretty comfortable for the short amount of time I was in it and I don't know what kind of cloth they used but, I could not slide on the seat at all. You have to lift yourself up and over. I drove the V-6 with 6spd transmission which seemed very smooth. I think it will be a very good base for SVT to work their magic on it. I didn't have time to really check the interior but, nothing bad stuck out.
Old 11/12/05, 12:42 AM
Team Mustang Source

Atleast it wasn't a Focus with a 2-hamster engine, half bald tires and wonderful "I'm about to break" noises like I had. I doubt if they have enough for loaners yet. I was at Texas Motors last week and they only had one on the lot.
Old 11/14/05, 07:59 AM

Yeah, I got my Mustang back and it looks good!

Sure is nice to be out of that rental car!

Originally posted by Treadhead@November 12, 2005, 1:45 AM
Atleast it wasn't a Focus with a 2-hamster engine, half bald tires and wonderful "I'm about to break" noises like I had. I doubt if they have enough for loaners yet. I was at Texas Motors last week and they only had one on the lot.
Old 11/14/05, 09:05 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

That rental should really make you appreciate your 'Stang. Praise the rentals for showing us how much we really like our cars!

And...I'm gonna be a COP. Citizen On Patrol. Our street has had a rash of burglaries lately so our NPO suggested we get involved with COP. Since I'm the block captain, I'll be going to training and hopefully some other neighbors will as well. Pop on in, Tread.
Old 11/14/05, 04:32 PM
Team Mustang Source

I'm too scared of your neighborhood Ghost! Congrats on getting involved though. The more people watching out the better. When and where is your COP training?
Old 11/15/05, 07:25 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally posted by Treadhead@November 14, 2005, 5:35 PM
I'm too scared of your neighborhood Ghost! Congrats on getting involved though. The more people watching out the better. When and where is your COP training?
ROFL! I'm sure my area is considered serene compared to yours. Training was yesterday, Monday night, at the 5650 E. Lancaster location. Our second class is next Monday, the 21st at the same location...6pm-10pm. Officer Green (I swear he looks like Kurt Russel) was the NPO that helped with the class. I've got my ride-along scheduled for 2B on Wednesday in NPD4.

TBH, though...I don't know if COP is what my neighborhood needs. We're just one looong cul-de-sac and seeing how all of our crimes have occured between 3am-5am, I don't see many on our street would want to get involved. Only 1 couple showed up for the training with me and they weren't very enthusiastic for that reason.
Old 11/15/05, 09:14 AM

You're right Ghost!

Having a rental for a few days really did make me appreciate my pony!

Now, I'm glad that I got that paint flaw taken care of now. It looks really good....

Originally posted by GhostTX@November 14, 2005, 10:08 AM
That rental should really make you appreciate your 'Stang. Praise the rentals for showing us how much we really like our cars!

And...I'm gonna be a COP. Citizen On Patrol. Our street has had a rash of burglaries lately so our NPO suggested we get involved with COP. Since I'm the block captain, I'll be going to training and hopefully some other neighbors will as well. Pop on in, Tread.
Old 11/15/05, 12:07 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey fellas. Thought I'd drop by and say hi.

I've been around, but not nearly as often as I'd like. Work's been crazy, and I've been spending every spare moment wrenching on my old '56 Ford F100 truck. It'll be nice when it's done, but I won't get to enjoy it, I'll be selling it as soon as it's finished for new baby money.

Sorry to hear about your dad last month Tread.
Old 11/15/05, 06:33 PM
Team Mustang Source

Thanks Blake! I was wondering where you were. I thought maybe you fell off the face of the Earth. Too bad you have to sell the truck but, I can gaurantee it's for a worthy cause that will make you forget all about that truck.
Ghost- it's tough getting people involved, especially at that time of night. Are you having car burglaries or what? That's about the time of night they happen.
Falchion- that Mustang never felt better after a nice ride in a rental has it?

P.S. Anyone else get blown off the road today? I had about five heart attacks on the way home from court this morning. Half the time I was trying to stay on the road and the other half I was trying to figure out how my hood was staying on the car!

P.S.S-- I saw the new 18" Bullits the other day and man they are nice! They were on a Torch Red GT at Texas Motors. Not sure if it's still there though.
Old 11/16/05, 07:43 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

I knew Blake was still alive. I troll at dfwstangs and saw him post a time or two. And don't worry about the truck, Blake. After the arrival of the kiddo, it'll be the last thing on your mind. You're trading up, IMO.

Tread - We've had several car burglaries in the past 4 weeks. The biggest one on Halloween night when one of the neighbors 20" rims on his Escalade were all stolen. Other than the rims, they've all been smash and grabs in the 3am-5am range. And just yesterday, we had an attempted break in at noon! They crowbared the garage open and then crowbared the garage door entry open...then alarm apparently sound and scared 'em off.

The pisser was our street practically had zero crime since it came into being until just recently when the new subdivisions started building around us. Further, we have a rental on our street now inhabited now by someone of questionable repute. I swear the family is section 8. They stay to themselves mostly but their friends come visit with POS cars with bling all over them. They used to have loud wild parties until myself and some neighbors 911'd them 'cause of fights...one that involved one of our neighbors that everyone likes. The whole situation sucks and I can't tell if it all started with rental people moving in or the new subdivision 'cause they both happened at the same time, about a year ago...the crime frequency has steadily increased since then. In the end though, crooks know our street exists and we've been targeted now.

As far as wind...I barely felt it. Maybe the roads I drove weren't as open, but east 30 and north 121 didn't feel too bad. Some minor corrections while driving, but the car felt solid.
Old 11/16/05, 09:59 AM
Cobra R Member

Originally posted by GhostTX@November 16, 2005, 9:46 AM
I knew Blake was still alive. I troll at dfwstangs and saw him post a time or two. And don't worry about the truck, Blake. After the arrival of the kiddo, it'll be the last thing on your mind. You're trading up, IMO.

Oh yeah, I'm not really worried about getting rid of it. I'm worried about getting it done in only a few short months. :shock:

<-stressed out, but for a good cause.
Old 11/17/05, 10:43 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Well, Tread...went out on my ride along with Officer Hubbard and this is what happened in order of appearance:

69, 69, 36, 1, 15, 1, 15 with 2 13s, 38 that turned into a 12, & 66.

Needless to say, was quite fun and...educational. Oh...and Hubbard really like the Mustang when he checked it out before I left.
Old 11/17/05, 09:52 PM
Team Mustang Source

What time did you ride out? I sent a district message on the computer asking if anyone up there had you riding with them and never got an answer. What's the story on the 12? Was it fresh or stinky? I'm glad ya had fun out there. It's been kinda slow in my neck of the woods lately.
Old 11/18/05, 07:29 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

I was out on the 2B shift... 4pm to midnight on the 16th on Edward beat in NPD4.

Ya...lol...they said I'd be bored 'cause nothing happened out that way. Guess the full moon was in effect, or as the EMT guy said, I was bring them bad luck for the night.

On the 12, we surmised he had an arguement with his girlfriend/wife in the apartment complex we were at...so he loaded his Expedition up with his clothes and stuff, drove to a booze hut, drank some there (maybe), drove back the apartment complex, left the engine running for the heater (night of the 15th was cold), got in the back seat and drank himself to death (smashed big bottle of liquor on the ground and 1/2 bottle wine still in the vehicle). So..day of the 16th, someone noted the running vehicle that morning and when they got back that evening it was still running...so they called in a suspicious vehicle. Officer Wray was the one that actually checked it out, but when it became a 12, and we didn't have a call, we went to look at it too.

Keep in mind he died sometime night of 15th...engine running ALLL day the 16th with the HEAT set to MAX, and we checked him out about 9pm. It wasn't so bad until the morticians got him out. They laid him on his back and then rolled him to check for entries...then his skin just shluffed off and all this steam came out. Wray got hit hard by the stink 'cause she backed off quick. I followed her lead and just barely managed to catch a whiff. Gaw...I'm glad I didn't get full blast like she did, the whiff was bad enough.
Old 11/19/05, 12:15 PM
GT Member

Just like a thanksgiving turkey! He even basted himself.

Who got the wishbone?
Old 11/23/05, 12:20 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally posted by Blue Knight@November 19, 2005, 2:18 PM
Just like a thanksgiving turkey! He even basted himself.

Who got the wishbone?
Hahahah! Yarg
Old 11/23/05, 10:12 PM
Team Mustang Source

I knew Joel would have a good comment if he saw this! I've lucked out over the years so far and had anything bad enough to make me gag.
Old 11/28/05, 07:52 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

I'm told we should only ride-along once every 6 months. Drat...that was a blast! I want to go more often than that!

Oh...and never wash/wax your car on a windy day. Did my car yesterday and she's already covered with enough dust that it looks like I hadn't washed her in a week!
Old 11/28/05, 03:45 PM
Team Mustang Source

Yeah, my car was kinda clean until I went out shopping yesterday. It looks like it was in an Iraqi dust storm! Thanks to the few rain drops I found it looks like I had tan spots painted on my car. :notnice:

Some NPD's are pretty strict with the 6 month deal and some aren't. Ask your NPO about NPD 4. Just try not to abuse it if they let ya go more often.

Quick Reply: Fort Worth crew