Southwest Post Club or Event Information and Meet Stangers in Your Area

Fort Worth crew

Search this Thread

Old 5/1/05, 01:50 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yeah, a lot of the guys over on the main board said that their gas mileage got better after they had the car for a while.....

Maybe it is my lead right foot after all?

I hope it stays sunny for a while too! I just washed my car yesterday!

Mondays isn't the best day for me, but it looks like they're going to cut back on the overtime at work for a while. That's good, because I could use the rest. I've been working seven days a week for most of the year. And it will give me the weekends off so that I can hook up with you guys and check your new ponies out!

Especially after Ghost, and Blake get theirs!

Originally posted by Treadhead@May 1, 2005, 12:47 PM
Your mileage will vary depending on the lead content of your right foot. That's how it works with my car anyway! I still haven't recovered from Nascar weekend.
The weather is pretty nice today. Hopefully the rain will hold off til after the car show at Hooters tomorrow night. Be there or be there! HAHA!
Old 5/1/05, 09:46 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Seven days a week bites big time. I unfortunately know all about that so I can relate. If ya can't make it it's cool. If I had to choose between sleep and a car show I know where I' d be. :sleep: Unless I had a personal invitation from a Hooters girl!
Old 5/2/05, 05:59 AM

Yeah, we'll hook up after Ghost and Blake get their cars.....

Originally posted by Treadhead@May 1, 2005, 9:49 PM
Seven days a week bites big time. I unfortunately know all about that so I can relate. If ya can't make it it's cool. If I had to choose between sleep and a car show I know where I' d be. :sleep: Unless I had a personal invitation from a Hooters girl!
Old 5/2/05, 02:13 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally posted by Falchion@May 2, 2005, 6:02 AM
Who knows when that'll be. Called the human customer service since ERL is being a skipping record...and the nice, human lady told me to expect delivery on May 23rd.
Old 5/2/05, 03:06 PM

If yours is built already you should have it in less then two weeks I would say! I don't think Ford even really knows when you'll get it......

Hey Tread, remember that custom license plate frame that I got a while back? The one that covers up "TEXAS" on the plate. What if I put that on the front of my pony, do you think that I would get pulled over?

It looks so cool, plus it cost me $40. I'd hate to just leave it in the trunk... :notnice:

Originally posted by GhostTX+May 2, 2005, 2:16 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(GhostTX @ May 2, 2005, 2:16 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-Falchion@May 2, 2005, 6:02 AM
Who knows when that'll be. Called the human customer service since ERL is being a skipping record...and the nice, human lady told me to expect delivery on May 23rd.
[/b][/quote]
Old 5/2/05, 06:12 PM
Team Mustang Source

Ghost- Mine was here in 10 days so it could be here before you leave. According to my OASIS it was built Feb 14th and arrived on the 24th.

Falchion- Technically I don't think it really matters front or back. It's gonna be a roll of the dice since it's up to the officer if he 1) wants to stop you and 2)wants to write you for it. <----cheesy ticket. So my official answer is Most likely not but who knows.
Old 5/2/05, 06:59 PM

OK, thanks Tread! Post some pics of those Hooters girls! Maybe hanging around your car! That would rock!

Originally posted by Treadhead@May 2, 2005, 6:15 PM
Ghost- Mine was here in 10 days so it could be here before you leave. According to my OASIS it was built Feb 14th and arrived on the 24th.

Falchion- Technically I don't think it really matters front or back. It's gonna be a roll of the dice since it's up to the officer if he 1) wants to stop you and 2)wants to write you for it. <----cheesy ticket. So my official answer is Most likely not but who knows.
Old 5/2/05, 07:58 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Thanks for the moral support, fellas. I'm gonna try to be optimistic about it. My wife wants it to arrive May 9th week more than me. Since I'll be gone the week following, she'll have it allllll to herself....
Old 5/3/05, 09:00 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi Everyone,
Just thought I'd introduce myself to the Fort Worth Crew.

I live in Arlington but work in SouthLake. So I get to enjoy driving my 05 GT every day to and from work.

I have always wanted a 67-68 fastback mustang but wished it could have all the modern bells and whistles. Then when Ford show cased the future 05, I just knew I had to get it. But as the model roled out in 04, I got so busy with work, I had forgotten about it somewhat. I wasn't #1 on the old radar screen.

2004 Christmas came and the last present under the tree was a box from my wife to me with a card that said to go get or order it. Shocked does not discribe it.

The rest is history.
Ordered it on Jan 15
Built on Feb 14
Delieverd Mar 1
Picked up Mar 7 ( I was out of town on buisness)
Smiling ever since
Old 5/3/05, 09:34 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Welcome Capt! I'll keep an eye out for yours as I go through Arlington to and fro from work.

And ERL says my car shipped on the 30th! Yay me!!!!
Old 5/3/05, 09:39 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by GhostTX@May 3, 2005, 9:37 AM
Welcome Capt! I'll keep an eye out for yours as I go through Arlington to and fro from work.

And ERL says my car shipped on the 30th! Yay me!!!!

CONGRATS

Old 5/3/05, 09:41 AM
Bullitt Member

GhostTx

What color did you order? V6? GT?
Old 5/3/05, 09:58 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally posted by Captmojo@May 3, 2005, 9:44 AM
GhostTx

What color did you order? V6? GT?
Redfire GT w/dark charcoal interior, IUP, upgraded rims, Anti-theft, side airbags, Shaker 500, wheel locking kit and spoiler delete.

Its all in the sig.
Old 5/3/05, 12:07 PM
Team Mustang Source

It's almost here Ghost! Welcome Captmojo, your wife sounds cool!
Well it was rather cold last night at the Hooters/DFWCC show so no Hooters girl pics(jackets aren't too sexy ya know). There were a couple other 05 GT's beside Railrays' and mine. A torch and a perf white. The torch had a cool painted black stripe with a mural of horses coming out of a storm. I will post a pic and more details later. I gotta go to phys therapy now.
Old 5/3/05, 03:44 PM
Team Mustang Source

Ok guys, here it is. This guy has a shop somewhere and all the work was done in house. He is trying to start up a local Mustang club to do track days at Kennedale and the road course down in Cresson. He is gonna contact Railray and me when he gets something going. This car has a Steeda CAI and Flowmaster exhaust and I can't remember what else. He also just got in a White GT and is gonna do some mods to it as well. The paint job seemed to be pretty good quality. You could just barely feel where the stripes were painted.
Old 5/3/05, 06:20 PM

Hello there Captmojo! I just got my Mustang a few weeks ago for the same reasons that you talked about. Been loving it ever since! Welcome to the SW forum!

Congrats on your car news Ghost! Almost banana time!

Too bad about Hooters Tread! Maybe, we'll all go over there after Ghost gets his car! That would make at least four Mustangs! That would be cool!

Originally posted by Captmojo@May 3, 2005, 9:03 AM
Hi Everyone,
Just thought I'd introduce myself to the Fort Worth Crew.

I live in Arlington but work in SouthLake. So I get to enjoy driving my 05 GT every day to and from work.

I have always wanted a 67-68 fastback mustang but wished it could have all the modern bells and whistles. Then when Ford show cased the future 05, I just knew I had to get it. But as the model roled out in 04, I got so busy with work, I had forgotten about it somewhat. I wasn't #1 on the old radar screen.

2004 Christmas came and the last present under the tree was a box from my wife to me with a card that said to go get or order it. Shocked does not discribe it.

The rest is history.
Ordered it on Jan 15
Built on Feb 14
Delieverd Mar 1
Picked up Mar 7 ( I was out of town on buisness)
Smiling ever since
Old 5/3/05, 07:44 PM
Team Mustang Source

It would be great if y'all make it out. The next show/get together is May 16th and there is also an actual Import/Domestic Car Show on Saturday May 21st w/prizes and stuff for the winners. It would nice to be able to put a face to name.
Old 5/4/05, 02:13 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

As said...I'll be gone the week of May 16-20. When on the 21st? I'm pretty much booked up that day until 4pm or so.
Old 5/4/05, 08:09 AM

Yeah, the 21st sounds good! It's on a Saturday! Ghost should have his car then!

I may be off the seven days a week thing by then.....

Were you thinking of going to the Hooters again Tread?
Old 5/4/05, 10:32 AM
Team Mustang Source

The show on Sat May 21st is from 4pm to midnight. There are 68 classes and the requisite bikini contest. All info is on DFWCC.com.

Falchion- Yes I am going to Hooters again. I have seen many good reasons to go! Haha, seen some nice cars too!

Quick Reply: Fort Worth crew