Southwest Post Club or Event Information and Meet Stangers in Your Area

Fort Worth crew

Search this Thread

Old 5/24/05, 10:27 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Will do, Lewis. It will usually be posted here beforehand. Due to ownership changes for the parking lot at Hooters, there are no get togethers currently scheduled. DFWCC is waiting for the change to take place to contact the owners about continuing the meetings there as well as looking for another location. You can check their website at DFWCC.com for info also. Hope to see y'all out there sometime.
Old 5/24/05, 12:13 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Any of y'all interested in the Autocross? A buddy of mine is has done 2 runs now and says its fun as heck.

There one June 12th in Hurst:
http://www.pca.org/mav/Events/Calendar.asp...=June&Year=2005

And another on June 19th at Texas Motor Speedway:
http://autocross.com/texasregion/
Old 5/31/05, 05:47 PM
Team Mustang Source

The autocross might be fun to watch. I'd probably embarass myself if I tried to race and knowing my luck I'd break my car(it's my only transportation).

On another note, my car got lemonized today at Hulen mall. I came out of Dillards and there is a lemon squished on my windshield! I'm glad that's all it was but, man I was so mad I coulda hurt someone real easy.
Old 6/1/05, 03:15 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally posted by Treadhead@May 31, 2005, 5:50 PM
On another note, my car got lemonized today at Hulen mall. I came out of Dillards and there is a lemon squished on my windshield! I'm glad that's all it was but, man I was so mad I coulda hurt someone real easy.
What...the... Someone is a real sour-puss. <_< Hulen is one of the more "respectible" malls, too. I guess it doesn't matter where you go, there's always a jerk around.

The autocross might be fun to watch. I'd probably embarass myself if I tried to race and knowing my luck I'd break my car(it's my only transportation).
Ya...maybe I should watch it the first go round to see how much strain it'd be. The Mustang is my one and only DD.
Old 6/1/05, 06:05 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sorry to hear about your lemon, tread. That kind of stinks, but at least it wasn't on your paint! That could have caused real damage!

Have you guys heard from Blake? When is his car going to get here? Maybe we can get together after he picks it up?

It would be cool if there were like five of us parked in a row somewhere.....

Here's something I discovered! :scratch:

My car was really dirty, but I drove it in the rain on Saturday and it looks almost as good as when I hand wash it! Rain water is good for your pony!

Originally posted by Treadhead@May 31, 2005, 5:50 PM

Old 6/2/05, 07:05 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally posted by Falchion@June 1, 2005, 6:08 PM
My car was really dirty, but I drove it in the rain on Saturday and it looks almost as good as when I hand wash it! Rain water is good for your pony!
Your LL is choice for not showing dirt anyway. Those of us with dark colored cars will have the worst shown when it rains and leaves that nice layer of pollen/dirt that it washes out of the air.

I'm actually hoping it rains this Friday so I don't have to wash my car, though. I'm feeling lazy. I still gotta get my car washing supplies.
Old 6/2/05, 08:13 AM

My car gets really dirty at work sometimes. But when it rains really heavy then it seems to just wash all the dirt off!

How are you liking your new car Ghost? Is it cool or what?

Originally posted by GhostTX@June 2, 2005, 7:08 AM
Your LL is choice for not showing dirt anyway. Those of us with dark colored cars will have the worst shown when it rains and leaves that nice layer of pollen/dirt that it washes out of the air.

I'm actually hoping it rains this Friday so I don't have to wash my car, though. I'm feeling lazy. I still gotta get my car washing supplies.
Old 6/2/05, 08:59 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally posted by Falchion@June 2, 2005, 8:16 AM
How are you liking your new car Ghost? Is it cool or what?
IT ROCKS! I am soooo happy with this car. Interior is posh! Power just can't compare to my "old" car. Totally dig the Shaker with MP3s playing.

Need to get a cargo net though. The Camaro had a small trunk-like area so stuff didn't slide around much. With this car...the stuff has all kinds of room to slide around.

Everybody loves it. Friends, neighbors, & strangers. At my first tank fill-up, two people filling their cars came over to take a look.

And ya...we need to hook up sometime.
Old 6/2/05, 11:02 AM

Yeah, I like the Shaker 500 in mine too. Got about 40 regular CDs worth of music there. Seems to work pretty well. I haven't listened to the radio in my car in weeks. Really cool.

Maybe we'll go to Hooters when there's a "real" car show going on. The last one wasn't too great......

Originally posted by GhostTX@June 2, 2005, 9:02 AM
IT ROCKS! I am soooo happy with this car. Interior is posh! Power just can't compare to my "old" car. Totally dig the Shaker with MP3s playing.

Need to get a cargo net though. The Camaro had a small trunk-like area so stuff didn't slide around much. With this car...the stuff has all kinds of room to slide around.

Everybody loves it. Friends, neighbors, & strangers. At my first tank fill-up, two people filling their cars came over to take a look.

And ya...we need to hook up sometime.
Old 6/2/05, 12:50 PM
Team Mustang Source

Last I heard from Blake his car was built on May 23rd. He is quite active on DFWStangs.net if y'all wanna sign up an PM him.
That lemon business really hacked me off. I found some on my headlight the day after so I went ahead and washed the whole car just to be on the safe side.
Falchion- have you checked out that club site FLPOT.net yet. One of the guys works for the company buying the parking lot at Hooters and said the GTG's should be back on soon.
Old 6/2/05, 12:55 PM

I think I went to their site once, it didn't really look that great, but it good to hear that the shows will be back on soon. It looks like it would be a really good place for a car show. As long as it was a lot larger then when we were there!

It would be cool to check out Ghost, and Blakes car at the same time. Maybe even Railway too....

Let me know if you see any cool shows going on......

Originally posted by Treadhead@June 2, 2005, 12:53 PM
Last I heard from Blake his car was built on May 23rd. He is quite active on DFWStangs.net if y'all wanna sign up an PM him.
That lemon business really hacked me off. I found some on my headlight the day after so I went ahead and washed the whole car just to be on the safe side.
Falchion- have you checked out that club site FLPOT.net yet. One of the guys works for the company buying the parking lot at Hooters and said the GTG's should be back on soon.
Old 6/2/05, 03:20 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

I've been signed up at DFWStangs.net for awhile...what's Blake's alias there? I'm GhostTX wherever forum I'm at.

Yes...I will make a pointed effort this next car show to go and hook up with y'all.

Tread, you should have gotten a finger print off the peel.
Old 6/3/05, 04:10 PM
Team Mustang Source

Sorry it took so long to respond. I'm having keyboard issues. Blake goes by BLAKE over there too.

I kept that lemon for dna testing. Hopefully they licked it before throwing it.
Old 6/4/05, 01:01 AM
Team Mustang Source

Blake picked up his car yesterday. He didn't know it was here yet. A couple of the Five Star salesmen post over there and told him to come get it.
Old 6/4/05, 05:40 AM

Wow! That's great! I wish he'd post some pics over here, I'd like to see it.......

Bananas for Blake......

Originally posted by Treadhead@June 4, 2005, 1:04 AM
Blake picked up his car yesterday. He didn't know it was here yet. A couple of the Five Star salesmen post over there and told him to come get it.
Old 6/4/05, 10:48 AM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey...you guys seeing as many 05's around as I am? Saw 4 day before yesterday, then saw three yesterday...all pretty much down on the I-20 stretch between west Fort Worth and Arlington. Guess they've got the line at the plant running at full speed. Saw one yesterday (LG with black stripes) that had it's trunk medallion painted LG to match the body color. Don't know if I care for that...I kinda like the chrome myself...but I must say it did look different.

Glad Blake got his car...we need to get together sometime...

Jimmy...you and Falchion have insomnia? You post at 1:04am and he answers back at 5:43am? Ouch! No more coffee for you guys...

Later...
Old 6/4/05, 11:01 AM
Team Mustang Source

I've seen so many 05's around lately that I think there is a secret plant or testing facility over here somewhere. The majority I see either over here by house(loop 820/White Settlement) or Bryant Irvin and I-20 area. Texas Motors has a used GT made up like a Boss. I have camera phone pics I'll post when I resize them. They also have a whitew/blue stripes Ford GT in the showroom. It's nice!
Blake doesn't have a digi camera so no pics yet. Posting at all hours will slow down when I go back to work. I hate coffee.
Old 6/4/05, 11:14 AM
Team Mustang Source

Here they are! They just put it out so I couldn't get a price on it. I don't know if they did this or bought it this way either.
Old 6/4/05, 02:35 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Bleh...don't think I like the ducktail-like-spoiler, but the rims are nice.

Ya...I picked up my floormat retention hook today and spoke with Reid. He told me Blake got his car yesterday...which I was going to inform y'all but Tread beat me to it. :P

Got the windows tinted today at Alta Mere Tint at the Ridgemar location. They finished in under an hour. Man, does she look sharp now. Bought me some Meguiars and gonna give her her first bath. Will post some pics when done (if I survive the heat).

Over where I'm at (eastside I-30 & 820) and the stretch toward Arlington, I have seen maybe 2 other GTs, and a smattering of V6s. Y'all must be hogging all of them.
Old 6/4/05, 04:26 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Ok...got the Macguiers NXT wax, Genie Auto Dry and 100% Cotton Made in USA towel from Bed, Bath and Beyond.

The Genie car wash gun rocks. There really was no water spotting when I finished. I used the NXT on all the metal parts, 1/4s and glass only on the side mirrors. Didn't put NXT on the side windows, rear, front, or headlights/front bumper. Was kinda paranoid when the bottle said not to put on vinyl, rubber or plastic. Maybe one of you can ease my mind?

Anywho, here's the end results, including the infamous I-can-see-myself shot.

Quick Reply: Fort Worth crew