Southwest Post Club or Event Information and Meet Stangers in Your Area

Fort Worth crew

Search this Thread

Old 4/27/05, 02:01 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I'm trying to hold out until a price is released for the fanblades. I like the fanblades but, I am thinking that if I spend extra money I might get something different than everyone else. Unless they are are ungodly cheap! Kevin or someone posted a topic with the part numbers but, no prices yet.
Old 4/27/05, 02:39 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally posted by Falchion@April 27, 2005, 12:58 PM
Also, an intergrated Tire pressure Monitoring System. Darn! I should have waited! :bang:
Ya...I would have liked TPS, too. Something like that should have come automatically with the Message Center. Grrrr... Something I voiced waaaay back in 2004 when information was lean on the '05.

I'm hoping it'll be a fairly cheap retrofit for the '05s...some sensors and maybe an enable switch within the Message Center computer. Here's to hoping.
Old 4/27/05, 07:43 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Well actually I was just kidding about that Ghost!

It didn't really look like any changes except for some bigger wheels/tires, and I got mine!

Originally posted by GhostTX+April 27, 2005, 2:42 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(GhostTX @ April 27, 2005, 2:42 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-Falchion@April 27, 2005, 12:58 PM
Also, an intergrated Tire pressure Monitoring System. Darn! I should have waited! :bang:
Ya...I would have liked TPS, too. Something like that should have come automatically with the Message Center. Grrrr... Something I voiced waaaay back in 2004 when information was lean on the '05.

I'm hoping it'll be a fairly cheap retrofit for the '05s...some sensors and maybe an enable switch within the Message Center computer. Here's to hoping.
[/b][/quote]
Old 4/28/05, 12:04 AM
Team Mustang Source

I forgot to post this earlier. I dropped my car off at the dealer for some warranty work. Right rear quarter window leaks, check on the tint scratching and try to enable my global open/close windows. They are also gonna check on the front strut popping even though I told them there is no TSB on it yet. Wish me luck since I am driving a Focus that feels like it will explode any minute now. It feels like a Chevette!
Old 4/28/05, 05:47 AM

Man! Going from a Mustang GT to a focus? That must be rough!

I haven't had any problems, except my gas mileage is only around 18.2 according to the message center computer! I read in the owners maual that you shouldn't even check it untill you get around three thousand miles on your car. I only have around four hundred right now....

I hope it gets better!

Originally posted by Treadhead@April 28, 2005, 12:07 AM
I forgot to post this earlier. I dropped my car off at the dealer for some warranty work. Right rear quarter window leaks, check on the tint scratching and try to enable my global open/close windows. They are also gonna check on the front strut popping even though I told them there is no TSB on it yet. Wish me luck since I am driving a Focus that feels like it will explode any minute now. It feels like a Chevette!
Old 4/28/05, 07:18 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Your swap vehicle is a Focus?!?! That is just not right... I guess you didn't have much choice though, huh.

Falchion, I'm not sayin the TPMS affected my decision to buy, I just always thought that convience should have been with the '05 from the get go. For them to just add it now, to me, means it always had that functionality, they just "deleted" it for the '05. One of those added expenses.. ($50) they didn't want to add to the car. <_< Goes right up along with no dead pedal and trunk release.
Old 4/28/05, 08:20 AM

I see your point Ghost, but if you were to buy a 2006 right now you would be hard pressed to get X-plan on a GT, plus I'm sure that Ford will raise the price on them by maybe $2000?

In other words, you might have to pay thousands more for your GT then the price you're paying now. All for a TPMS? No way I'd go for that! :angry:

GT's are so popular right now, that you could if you wanted turn right around and sell it and make a profit! Not that you will want to! :nono:

How many new cars can owners say that?

I should sell cars huh? I'm pretty good at this argument stuff!

Originally posted by GhostTX@April 28, 2005, 7:21 AM
Your swap vehicle is a Focus?!?! That is just not right... I guess you didn't have much choice though, huh.

Falchion, I'm not sayin the TPMS affected my decision to buy, I just always thought that convience should have been with the '05 from the get go. For them to just add it now, to me, means it always had that functionality, they just "deleted" it for the '05. One of those added expenses.. ($50) they didn't want to add to the car. <_< Goes right up along with no dead pedal and trunk release.
Old 4/28/05, 12:28 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

I know...I know...

Just one of those bells and whistles that would have been nice. Been using the good ol' tire pressure stick for years now...why stop now.
Old 4/28/05, 12:53 PM

Yeah really, plus the first year production car is worth more to collectors also!

Maybe you guys will have a collectos item o your hands in a few years! A first years production 2005 Mustang GT!

Originally posted by GhostTX@April 28, 2005, 12:31 PM
I know...I know...

Just one of those bells and whistles that would have been nice. Been using the good ol' tire pressure stick for years now...why stop now.
Old 4/28/05, 06:54 PM
Team Mustang Source

Well, I got my car back today. Window leak fixed but nothing else. They seem to think Ford didn't even put the global open in the cars after January so I'd be surprised if they even checked it. They showed me a bulletin from Ford stating Mustangs are no longer equipped with it. Maybe they don't want the responsibility if it's a safety issue. They couldn't find anything that would scratch the tint either but, they did pay to have it replaced. Gotta find some felt to put on there now.
Old 4/28/05, 07:27 PM

Glad to see you got your car back so soon!

I think you're right about the Global window thing tread. I think I read that in another thread......

I haven't had any scratches in my tint yet. Sure glad I got it tinted, it was really hot in it today after I got off work. I really like the bronze tint though, it makes everything look cool outside. Like looking through some rose tinted sun glasses!

Originally posted by Treadhead@April 28, 2005, 6:57 PM
Well, I got my car back today. Window leak fixed but nothing else. They seem to think Ford didn't even put the global open in the cars after January so I'd be surprised if they even checked it. They showed me a bulletin from Ford stating Mustangs are no longer equipped with it. Maybe they don't want the responsibility if it's a safety issue. They couldn't find anything that would scratch the tint either but, they did pay to have it replaced. Gotta find some felt to put on there now.
Old 4/29/05, 10:10 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally posted by Falchion@April 28, 2005, 7:30 PM
I think you're right about the Global window thing tread. I think I read that in another thread......
No, it can be fixed. Its just not common knowledge.

http://forums.bradbarnett.net/index.php?showtopic=20271
Old 4/29/05, 12:05 PM
Team Mustang Source

Yea, it can be fixed. I told them about the cars delivered after mine that have had it fixed. They said if I can find a place to fix then go ahead and have them do it. My service manager apologized and said he doesn't know why Ford shut it off either. Every time I mention a problem they have never heard about it. I guess I'm the only one that has ever brought my car back for service. They do atleast seem to go out of their way to try and help me out. Put me in as a VIP for service and paid for my re-tint.
Old 4/29/05, 01:14 PM
Team Mustang Source

Ghost-- Any news on your car? It's supposed to be built today, right?
Old 4/29/05, 02:14 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Supposed to be. ERL doesn't have anything new to say yet. I'll just wait until Monday to see what she says. Salesman called me and pretty much said the same thing..."It should have been built this week." We're both optimistic about a May 9th week delivery...which I hope happens 'cause I'll be out of town on business the whole week of the 16th.
Old 4/29/05, 06:40 PM

Man! That's real close then!

Are you excited? I bet you are!

Nothing like a new pony!

Originally posted by GhostTX@April 29, 2005, 2:17 PM
Supposed to be. ERL doesn't have anything new to say yet. I'll just wait until Monday to see what she says. Salesman called me and pretty much said the same thing..."It should have been built this week." We're both optimistic about a May 9th week delivery...which I hope happens 'cause I'll be out of town on business the whole week of the 16th.
Old 4/29/05, 11:53 PM
Team Mustang Source

You know we will take care of it for you, right? I could use a second ride to therapy. I'm putting too many miles on mine.
Old 4/30/05, 06:59 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally posted by Treadhead@April 29, 2005, 11:56 PM
You know we will take care of it for you, right? I could use a second ride to therapy. I'm putting too many miles on mine.
After the great treatment we showed yours while you were in the hospital? You bet I'd put her in your stable.

And yes...I am excited.
Old 5/1/05, 10:54 AM

Be sure and take lots of pics! And make sure they're not of a Die cast model this time!

I just got back from lunch in mine, sure was nice out there!

But, my gas mileage hasn't been too good lately. Only on my third tank, but I'm getting only 17.65 MPG! Errr! :notnice:

I hope it gets better after the car gets broken in more?

Originally posted by GhostTX+April 30, 2005, 7:02 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(GhostTX @ April 30, 2005, 7:02 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-Treadhead@April 29, 2005, 11:56 PM
After the great treatment we showed yours while you were in the hospital? You bet I'd put her in your stable.

And yes...I am excited.
[/b][/quote]
Old 5/1/05, 12:44 PM
Team Mustang Source

Your mileage will vary depending on the lead content of your right foot. That's how it works with my car anyway! I still haven't recovered from Nascar weekend.
The weather is pretty nice today. Hopefully the rain will hold off til after the car show at Hooters tomorrow night. Be there or be there! HAHA!

Quick Reply: Fort Worth crew