Southwest Post Club or Event Information and Meet Stangers in Your Area

Fort Worth crew

Search this Thread

Old 8/10/05, 08:27 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by Blue Knight@August 9, 2005, 10:55 PM
Then I'm going to terrorize the city and see how many citizen complaints I can generate.
Lets us know how many "professional courtesies" you get. :P
Old 8/10/05, 11:59 AM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by GhostTX@August 10, 2005, 9:30 AM
Lets us know how many "professional courtesies" you get. :P
I'm 1 and 1 in the last 13 years. About 7 years ago, a Louisianna Highway Patrolman visited with me coming back from a vacation on the Alabama coast. He was very understanding.

About 3 years ago I was heading toward Big Springs to help the TX DPS run a computer search warrant. On the part of the highway that is tumbleweeds, red dirt, longhorn skulls, and an occasional dust devil, a Texas DPS Trooper didn't find my cruise set at 80 in a 70 to be amusing . I left that contact with a commemorative certificate.

You never know. If I'm going to bust a rule, I'm prepared to pay the court for the priviledge.
Old 8/10/05, 12:21 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally posted by Blue Knight@August 10, 2005, 12:02 PM
...a Texas DPS Trooper didn't find my cruise set at 80 in a 70 to be amusing . I left that contact with a commemorative certificate.
LOL.

By the way, won't we be able to legally do that on I-10 and I-20 after September?
Old 8/10/05, 03:55 PM
Team Mustang Source

Well, the first night of the new report system went just like I thought it would. Loooooonnnnnngggg!!!! My first call off the parking lot was a report call. A simple theft of an airconditioner that would normally take an hour or less. I was on this for three hours! It didn't help that after I finally got the program open and working and on the last page of my report, the computer shuts off and I lost everything. I had to do it all over. :bang: The system that won't crash according to our class crashed approximately 4minutes after start up and was out for hours.
Old 8/10/05, 11:59 PM
V6 Member

Okay....I did some preliminary recon on the September 10th run at TMS.

Here is what I found out:
It's $25 for three laps (donation to charity), event hours are 5pm-10pm, cars will be run in groups of 12 to 16 with three pace cars (1 front, 1 rear, and 1 middle of the pack), speed is limited to 75 to 80mph, pictures in the winners circle can be had for $10, each 'session' you drive in earns you an entry into a drawing for a Suite for the November race. (If you race in two 'sessions' you get two entries.)

Still sounds like fun, but I had been hopeing the speed might be a bit higher than 75-80 mph. (Like maybe about 120-125... )

The phone number to call for info is: (817) 215-8564.
Babe on the other end of the line sounded reeaaall sweet...

See you then...
Old 8/12/05, 08:58 PM
Team Mustang Source

Well, if anyone is going to the show tomorrow I will be wearing my blue TMS shirt. I'm gonna try to get there around 3pm if I can get myself outta bed in time.
Oh, my car is dirty too!
Old 8/14/05, 07:24 AM
Team Mustang Source

Ok I didn't make it to the show until 4 something but, man was that a serious drool fest! If I didn't have to work I think I would've camped out in there somewhere. If ya didn't go yesterday you need to go today. Bought me a nice 05 Stang t-shirt with a nice Windveil Blue 05 Mustang GT on it.

P.S. Anyone else read this stuff on the weekends?
Old 8/14/05, 08:25 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I do. Did you get any pics? What did you see?

Originally posted by Treadhead@August 14, 2005, 7:27 AM
Ok I didn't make it to the show until 4 something but, man was that a serious drool fest! If I didn't have to work I think I would've camped out in there somewhere. If ya didn't go yesterday you need to go today. Bought me a nice 05 Stang t-shirt with a nice Windveil Blue 05 Mustang GT on it.

P.S. Anyone else read this stuff on the weekends?
Old 8/15/05, 12:19 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Usually, I'm too busy to turn on the computer during the weekends. I save my surfing for work.

Speaking of weekends...
I had the good ol' Fort Worth PD in front of my house Friday and Saturday night though. The lovely rental house next door tentants threw a party Friday night that got outta hand. I, and a couple of other neighbors, dialed 911. Then Sat night, some of the party guests came back to raise heck with the tenant...another neighbor dialed 911 on that one. We had such a nice street until that house got sold and turned into a rental. I hate to stereotype, but I swear these tenants are from section 8 housing and are getting section 8 housing assistance to live there. And then they bring their section 8 housing buddies to "party" or whatevers.

I can't wait for tonight for my Neighborhood watch training. I so want to know what we as citizens can do with people like these. Seems like they have more rights that we do.

I'm still planning on Sept. 10, though. Should we coordinate time/place to meet?
Old 8/15/05, 05:41 PM
Team Mustang Source

I took a few pics. I'll post some later when I get a chance to re-size them. It was pretty nice there and there is nothing like a good air conditioned carshow.
Ghost- Unfortunately there is money to be made renting to Sec 8 and too many people who live up to the stereotype as well. Besides calling us everytime there is a problem you can also contact your NPO who can contact the owner to try and make the problem go away.

P.S. It would probably be a good idea to meet up before the racetrack deal on Sep 10th.
Old 8/15/05, 10:27 PM
GT Member

I worked last weekend, or I would have gone to the show.

The weather has been lousy since I took delivery. I finally had some time to get it cleaned today, and I barely got it washed before the storms hit again. After dinner and putting the savages to bed, I had lights strung all over the garage to see the panels as I waxed them. It looks fabulous now, so the stinking thunder storms need to go away!
Old 8/16/05, 07:58 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

The Crime Watch training was pretty informative. In a nutshell, basically said "Call Tread if there's anything amiss." I'm going to get ahold of my NPO and Crime Watch contact and alert them to that house. And then try to get the rest of the street actively involved. Fun times.

Knight, I did my bi-weekly wash/wax on Saturday, just in time for the storms, too.

Anybody know the area around the Speedway that would be a good place to meet up?
Old 8/16/05, 08:19 AM
Cobra R Member

Heck yeah, that was a great show as usual. Highlights for me would be anything from the new Ford GT, the fully polished AC Cobra, the nice white 05 that was very thoroughly turned into a Mach 1 (including shaker), the flamed out '50 Ford and a really nice 61-63 bullet bird.

I think we should meet up at the Sonic on Basswood before the TMS Laps For Charity. We can hang out there for a while and check out everyone's cars, then zip up 35 a few miles and do our thing. Maybe 5:00pmish, maybe a little earlier?

The goofballs (including myself) from dfwstangs meet up there at that Sonic every Tuesday night, and the management is friendly and has no problem hosting a bunch of cars. I'll be there tonight, braving the 50% chance of rain, in the '05 from about 7:00-9 something. You guys should show up, it's a good time.
Old 8/16/05, 05:29 PM
Team Mustang Source

Does the Sonic have a full service restroom with a shower? I would like to go hang out there sometime but, it's right in the gotta get ready for work time zone. I ain't goin in uniform either because you guys would make me have to do some work! We should meet there before the speedway though since it's on the way.
My car got washed last night by the rain and it's all shiney again.
Old 8/16/05, 05:52 PM
Team Mustang Source

Here's a few pics from the show.
Old 8/16/05, 05:55 PM
Team Mustang Source

More!
Old 8/16/05, 06:23 PM

Very nice pics! Thanks Tread!

I like the Police Pony. You should get one like that!
Old 8/17/05, 09:39 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

The Cockrell Hill police already impounded an '05?!?? Wow...that was fast.

No drug dealer could afford a GT yet?
Old 8/17/05, 05:33 PM
Team Mustang Source

I think the sign said it was donated by Nichols Ford. The officer there used to work for White Settlement PD as the DARE officer. She had a 2000 and then a 2002 Mustang when she was over there.

Falchion- I would love to have a Mustang Police car but, I can hardly fit people in the back of my Crown Vic as it is now. I would be happy if they just gave us a few more horsepower.
Old 8/19/05, 10:42 AM

Maybe they'll give you a Dodge Charger with the Hemi!

Originally posted by Treadhead@August 17, 2005, 5:36 PM
I think the sign said it was donated by Nichols Ford. The officer there used to work for White Settlement PD as the DARE officer. She had a 2000 and then a 2002 Mustang when she was over there.

Falchion- I would love to have a Mustang Police car but, I can hardly fit people in the back of my Crown Vic as it is now. I would be happy if they just gave us a few more horsepower.

Quick Reply: Fort Worth crew