Southwest Post Club or Event Information and Meet Stangers in Your Area

Bold Moves Mustang Club of Tulsa

Search this Thread

Old 8/16/06, 03:51 PM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Better he wreck his computer than his car.
Old 8/17/06, 09:55 AM

I'm back, computer up and running......
Old 8/17/06, 10:15 AM

Welcome Back there Mr. Bob. Here's a little humor you'll appreciate...

HEADLINES FROM THE YEAR: 2029

Ozone created by electric cars now killing millions in the seventh largest country in the world, Mexifornia, formerly known as California. White minorities still trying to have English recognized as Mexifornia's third language.

Spotted Owl plague threatens northwestern United States crops and livestock.

Baby conceived naturally. Scientists stumped.

Couple petitions court to reinstate heterosexual marriage.

Last remaining Fundamentalist Muslim dies in the American Territory of the Middle East (formerly known as Iraq, Afghanistan, Syria and Lebanon).

Iran still closed off; physicists estimate it will take at least 10 more years before radioactivity decreases to safe levels.

France pleads for global help after being taken over by Jamaica.

Castro finally dies at age 112; Cuban cigars can now be imported legally, but President Chelsea Clinton has banned all smoking.

George Z. Bush says he will run for President in 2036.

Postal Service raises price of first class stamp to $17.89 and reduces mail delivery to Wednesdays only.

85-year $75.8 billion study: Diet and Exercise is the key to weight loss.

Average weight of Americans drops to 250 lbs.

Japanese scientists have created a camera with such a fast shutter speed, they now can photograph a woman with her mouth shut.

Massachusetts executes last remaining conservative.

Supreme Court rules punishment of criminals, violates their civil rights.

Average height of NBA players is now nine feet, seven inches.

New federal law requires that all nail clippers, screwdrivers, fly swatters and rolled-up newspapers must be registered by January 2036.

Congress authorizes direct deposit of formerly illegal political contributions to campaign accounts.

IRS sets lowest tax rate at 75 percent.

Florida voters still having trouble with voting machines.
Old 8/18/06, 07:13 AM

Those were great.....
Old 8/20/06, 07:09 AM

Paul......Couple of questions on your cold air intake system

Did you chose the brand because it was rated #1 in a Mustang magazine article ?
Did you buy a flash tuner and if so what kind ?
What level of octane do you use ?
What kind of performance improvement did you get ?
Any other suggestions ?

Thanks and if you are going to be at BYB this Tuesday please bring me some fliers.
Old 8/21/06, 08:09 AM

Hey Bobby... Here's your answers...

Did you chose the brand because it was rated #1 in a Mustang magazine article ? Paul- Serveral factors were considered. Yes this was one. I also like the looks and the option to have it painted the same kick *** color as my car. The price was good too.

Did you buy a flash tuner and if so what kind ? Paul-Yep. I bought the SCT XCal 2 at the same time. It came as a package with the JLT. It you do get the JLT you WILL need to reflash your computer. But IMHO, if a cold air does not require a flash... it's probably not sucking much more air than stock. I got the kit from http://bamachips.com/store/index.php...products_id=16 Talk to Doug. He'll take care of you. Great guy to work with and really knows his "poo". One of the best, if not the best tuner for these cars around. He'll give you several different tunes. I suggest the 93 oct perf. for drag racing and 91 oct perf for daily and 87 oct just incase you're on a road trip somewhere and they don't have 91 oct.

What level of octane do you use ? Paul- Since they no longer offer 93 oct in the Tulsa area I use 91 for daily driving and the 93 oct for drag racing. There's a place in BA that sells 104 racing gas. I do the math and mix the 104 oct and 91 oct to get the 93 oct before I head to the track.

What kind of performance improvement did you get ? Paul- While I havn't had it dyno'd yet, I'm guessig their estimation of 35-40hp increase is correct. The thing I like about it is that it eliminated the stupid throttle lag, increased the redline and generally smothed out the idle. Since yours' is an automatic, you can choose your shift points and increase pressure to your valve body for crisper shifts. Performance wise... Recently at the "Paul and Jeff NationalMustang Shootout", My best time at the track was a 13.6 with high temps and humitity and very traction limited (60 ft times suck! ) . With drag radials and cooler weather, I think 12's are very obtainable.

Any other suggestions ? Paul- Spend the extra $25 and get it painted to match your car color. It's so choice. All and all, for the money spent, it was well worth it!

Hope this helps!

Jeff, you may want to comment on your setup...
Old 8/22/06, 05:18 AM

Looking at the weather, this is a big IF... but is anyone planning on going out to BYB tonight?
Old 8/22/06, 07:11 AM
V6 Member

I am not going to be there.
Old 8/22/06, 08:40 AM

Depends on the weather and what those voices in my head that talk to me have to say.....

Thanks for the response on the cold air systems..
Old 8/22/06, 08:49 AM

Here is another way to install hood pins.....just have them welded
Attached Thumbnails Bold Moves Mustang Club of Tulsa-hood-pins-002.jpg   Bold Moves Mustang Club of Tulsa-hood-pins-007.jpg  
Old 8/22/06, 11:45 AM

Hmmmm... I'm thinking just bolting them in should be ok. The welding seems a little extreme.
Old 8/22/06, 12:15 PM

Don't think you can get to the bottom if you bolt them in unless you remove the grill, that is if you use the above photos location.

The location of the hood pins on the old Mustangs, old and new Shelby's and Hertz's are the same location as used above.....which is where I would want them.

Remember the individual that showed up in his new Shelby at the BYB, he had installed pins and used the plastic radiator shield to bolt them in because he could not get underneath unless he removed the grill.

Will double check under the hood again.
Old 8/22/06, 09:03 PM

Does anyone know of a shop in the Tulsa area that is capable of cutting louvers on car hoods ?
Old 8/23/06, 07:12 AM
V6 Member

Welded hood pins and hood louvers? Bob, did you forget to take your medicine?
Old 8/23/06, 07:25 AM

****, thanks for the reminder.......
Old 8/23/06, 08:09 AM

Originally Posted by T Town Bobby D
****, thanks for the reminder.......
Hmmm... Given the structure of the hood, this might be hard. dunno a place right off hand. It would have to be a custom shop. What are you thinking here???

Also, here's the pics of the valve covers as promised Bobby... I took these during the process of polishing. Before and after pics...
Old 8/23/06, 08:14 AM

Originally Posted by CIVEStang
Welded hood pins and hood louvers? Bob, did you forget to take your medicine?
If Bob does the hood louvers... I'm getting a set of these. True Dat!
Old 8/23/06, 09:24 AM

WOW, that works......just need to make sure clear coat will keep them that way.

Corvette is called BLUE DEVEL !!!
Old 8/23/06, 12:21 PM

Yep. Plan on taking them back off, repolishing and this time clear coat them with the high temp clear.

The "Blue Devil" was the code name. "StingRay" will be what it's sold under as. So ya got StingRay right!

Whatever the case... The wife's Sable will take it!
Old 8/24/06, 06:22 PM

[quote=T Town Bobby D]Paul......Couple of questions on your cold air intake system

Did you chose the brand because it was rated #1 in a Mustang magazine article ?No, I spent 3 months researching which one to go with. I chose the C&L CAI with a SCTXCal2 from Brenspeed.

Did you buy a flash tuner and if so what kind ?See above

What level of octane do you use ?91 octane and I run the 93 tune. Yes I said 93 tune. The timing is advanced and I get a better response. I spoke with Brent at Brenspeed and he said this is fine and would work well.

What kind of performance improvement did you get ?I dynoed mine and with an 87 tune from Brenspeed, at the time I couldn't find 93 octane and hadn't talked to Brenspeed yet, the dyno showed 295 horses at the rear wheels which would be roughly 30hp gain on an 87 tune. I haven't dynoed it again with the 93 but I know it should be able to squeeze out another 5-10hp with the change in tune.

Any other suggestions ? Brent can build you a tune for whatever you want to do. The C&L is great. It's not painted like Paul's but it still looks great. Brent at Brenspeed uses a C&L and he had run in the high 12's. Check out his website at brenspeed.com. His shipping is free!

Hope this helps.

Jegg

Quick Reply: Bold Moves Mustang Club of Tulsa