2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Bad News for those of you not scheduled

Search this Thread

Old 12/18/04, 01:07 PM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I agree with the last two posts, I am very skeptical, but I don't see why Ford would pull the order if they knew there was a problem with the IUP, since it was only the day before I it showed I was serialized then Friday it was pulled. I got my VIN like two weeks after I ordered, just before they lifted the IUP hold on 12-9. So I am keeping my fingers and toes crossed.
Old 12/18/04, 04:00 PM
Mach 1 Member

Yeah well I haven't recieved a vin yet, although I have a build week of 1/3.

SMERRILL ~ You may want to consider editing your post with the VOPC number. There have been several posts with this # before & ALL have been edited so as to not include the #. Becuse many here will tell you that it is a private number & should not be posted as Brad could possibly get into trouble for having it posted. Just a sugestion.

Craig ~ I haven't got a serial/vin number yet. Did you get your before it was schuled or after? I do however have a build week. So I am hoping that soon I will be recieving the vin.

Anyway. Happy Holidays Everyone
Old 12/18/04, 04:13 PM
legacy Tms Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Kera I got a full vin no. on my D.O.R.A which I picked up about 2 weeks ago from my dealer( no build week at that time ) Checked with ford at the 1-800 number on last thurs and I was told I had a build week at that time ,returned to dealer on friday and was told the same thing as it showed up on his dealer order status printout (wanted a copy of that but has sensitive information on that or so I was told ) .
The next normal step from my understanding is that if things don't change (UIP issues etc ) that I should have a build day some time in the new year (orders are processed by thurs and printout friday to dealers) if I got this right :geek:
Old 12/18/04, 04:37 PM
Legacy TMS Member

i got the comp error too. ne1 shed ne light on this? my dealer keeps saying they know nothing but the automated system tells me otherize
Old 12/18/04, 05:36 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by holderca1+December 15, 2004, 2:36 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (holderca1 @ December 15, 2004, 2:36 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-HorsC@December 15, 2004, 2:29 PM
This only refers to orders not already scheduled right? I have a schedule week of 1/3-1/10 on a V6, so what does that say about me?
You are scheduled, you are good to go. It only refers to unscheduled and new orders. [/b][/quote]
Does this information still hold true for me? Can i still be expecting my car to be built the week of 1/3-1/10? please someone tell me! I don't know how much more disappointment i can handle concerning this car! :bang:
Old 12/18/04, 05:46 PM

Today is the first time I tried the VOPC. My order also has my order contains a compatability error. I guess I am out of luck like alot of you.

Order on 11-22
No Vin or build date
Keep getting the run around by my dealership. The last word I got was that I must change from 18G to 18R and my dealership thinks that FORD may not offer the IUP. Their words exactly were, that the package was elminated for January and beyond.

My question is if I do change to the 18R what are the diferences. I can not get a straight answer. If the interior is identical 18G to 18R, then fine. But no one can confirm this.

I think FORD should just come out and tell everyone what is going on. That way all the rumors could stop.
Old 12/18/04, 05:56 PM
Bullitt Member

By some stroke of Luck i made it!!!! I called the VOPC and it told me that as of Jan 5th my vehicle is locked in to production as of the week of January 3rd!!!! So Jan 5th is the day they start building it?
Old 12/18/04, 06:20 PM
Mach 1 Member

I printed Karpo's original post and went to my dealer today and asked if they knew anything. They said no they had not seen this e-mail. I know that's a bunch of B.S. or they are totally clueless.

I asked after they read it do they know of any patent suit and they said no. Something like that would not get down to their level??

I asked if there was anything I or they can do if this is true and they told me to STOP BEING ON THE INTERNET SO MUCH.

Now I'm really but I don't want to lose my place in line if this IUP thing works out.

Are there any suggestions out there? I don't mind waiting and I'm not looking for anything soon because I ordered a vert and knew I wouldn't get it until March or so but this completely contradicts the closed circuit broadcast early last week if it is a supplier issue.

I am paying MSRP but getting crap service and have already told them so.

Sorry so long but really needed to get it out.
Old 12/18/04, 06:25 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by Rosco@December 18, 2004, 6:49 PM
Today is the first time I tried the VOPC. My order also has my order contains a compatability error. I guess I am out of luck like alot of you.

Order on 11-22
No Vin or build date
Keep getting the run around by my dealership. The last word I got was that I must change from 18G to 18R and my dealership thinks that FORD may not offer the IUP. Their words exactly were, that the package was elminated for January and beyond.

My question is if I do change to the 18R what are the diferences. I can not get a straight answer. If the interior is identical 18G to 18R, then fine. But no one can confirm this.

I think FORD should just come out and tell everyone what is going on. That way all the rumors could stop.
18G includes the upgraded gagues to 6, the my color, message center, leather wrapped steering wheel, 3 alumium spokes on the steering wheel, brushed alumium dash, leather shifter for manuals & alumium shifter for autimatics, alumium door handels, & alumium mustang doorsill insert.

whereas,

18R only includes alumiumn shifter for automatics & leather shifter for manuals, a leather wrapped steering wheel, & 3 alumium spokes on the steering wheel.

And I think that's it. If I missed anything, please someone correct me.

Anywhoo.
Here are some comparison pictures
With IUP
Old 12/18/04, 06:35 PM
Mach 1 Member

Without IUP

Maybe you can imagine what 18R wouls look like by this picture.

Also I just now checked ford's build your vehicle website & the 18R package it not avaible but the IUP package is. What's up with that I wonder.
Old 12/18/04, 07:22 PM
Mach 1 Member

Yeah, I can imagine the 18R, and it would look like poo, at least in my opinion.
Old 12/18/04, 08:19 PM
GT Member

i went to a dealership the other day and drove a GT (sweet) without IUP. I asked him if the lawsuit had anything to do with the hold on IUP and he said he didnt know anything about a lawsuit. He showed me what FOrd sent the dealership and it was almost exactly the same thing as the first post. Maybe there is no lawsuit or if there is its not a big deal. The more I think about it the more I'm convinced its a supply issue.
Old 12/18/04, 08:49 PM
Legacy TMS Member Retired

I ordered my GT Deluxe with IUP on 11/23/04; my dealer gave me a priority 10. Their allocation was 37 2005 Mustangs for the calendar quarter, plus another 18 that Ford offered them for a total of 55 Mustangs.

I just called the Ford VOPC, and at 9:30 p.m. CST on 12/18/04, it is still saying that "As of December 9, your unit is scheduled to be built the week of January 10, 2005."

This appears to be in line with Karpro's original posting at the very beginning of this thread---that if you already had a build date (even in early January) when this latest IUP issue arose on 12/15/04, you are safe or "in". But if you didn't have a build week scheduled yet, you are on hold for the "remainder" of January production. Your status may also have to do with or be in conjunction with your particular dealership's allocations and the priority they assigned to your order.

Please understand, I ain't bragging or being haughty. I am cautiously optimistic but remain somewhat skeptical about my order; the picture will become clear as time goes on. I'll believe it as I see my unit being built and ultimately delivered. And I take no pleasure in seeing other's orders being bumped or delayed.

I offer this information to help others discern what is going on. I found the emails that Karpro transcribed earlier in this thread, as well as the email my salesman showed me yesterday (which mentioned "...the remainder of January production..."), to be confusing and difficult to interpret. But my fact pattern appears to be in line with Karpro's initial interpretation, as noted two paragraphs above (and as the name of this thread states...).

Hope this info helps.....
Old 12/18/04, 09:38 PM

Karpro---do you have any more insight, or hard info, on this subject??
Old 12/18/04, 10:07 PM
Team Mustang Source

I've got nothin new. Well one interesting thing, I ordered a couple today and the one with IUP wouldn't even price out in CONCEPS. It showed a hold warning, recommended a switch to the 18R and when I didn't make the change it wouldn't put any pricing on the confirmation sheet. This is very odd. The only time that happens (besides when there is no pricing available ie verts) is when you've misbuilt an order. Certainly makes me wonder.

Of course I'll pass along any info I get. Actually, maybe I shouldn't. Most of the info I've passed along has had a tendency to upset folks. Maybe I should skip any bad news until after the holidays. Just trying to look out for your families, lol.
Old 12/18/04, 10:11 PM
GT Member

Originally posted by kerafaith@December 18, 2004, 7:28 PM
18G includes the upgraded gagues to 6, the my color, message center, leather wrapped steering wheel, 3 alumium spokes on the steering wheel, brushed alumium dash, leather shifter for manuals & alumium shifter for autimatics, alumium door handels, & alumium mustang doorsill insert.

whereas,

18R only includes alumiumn shifter for automatics & leather shifter for manuals, a leather wrapped steering wheel, & 3 alumium spokes on the steering wheel.

And I think that's it. If I missed anything, please someone correct me.
One other thing: IUP has soft vinyl door panel inserts, which are always dark charcoal no matter what the color of the interior (unless it's a red interior, in which case the inserts are red too), while the base model has hard plastic inserts that match the color of the interior.

Having seen both, I really like the IUP door panel inserts much better, especially the way they contrast with the light graphite and medium parchment interiors.
Old 12/18/04, 10:16 PM

Originally posted by Karpro@December 18, 2004, 11:10 PM
I've got nothin new. Well one interesting thing, I ordered a couple today and the one with IUP wouldn't even price out in CONCEPS. It showed a hold warning, recommended a switch to the 18R and when I didn't make the change it wouldn't put any pricing on the confirmation sheet. This is very odd. The only time that happens (besides when there is no pricing available ie verts) is when you've misbuilt an order. Certainly makes me wonder.

Of course I'll pass along any info I get. Actually, maybe I shouldn't. Most of the info I've passed along has had a tendency to upset folks. Maybe I should skip any bad news until after the holidays. Just trying to look out for your families, lol.
No, Karpro, you SHOULD keep passing on info to us---good, bad or indifferent.

The only thing worse than bad news, is NO information whatsoever.

So please, keep it coming. And thanks for all your help.
Old 12/18/04, 10:57 PM
V6 Member

It looks like they are using "compatibility" criteria to control the IUP option; It can't be ordered or even priced since it is now an error. This is very different than the previous case where it was just on material hold.

And if you are unlucky enough not to have a build date it seems they are bouncing your order back as an incompatible error with a recommended change: 18R.

They key critical question is whether orders can be left in the incompatible error state until IUP is restored or must these orders be either changed or deleted.

Ford wants non-IUP orders to balance the mix and they have slammed the door shut on IUP to get them.
Old 12/18/04, 11:41 PM
Bullitt Member

so does that mean if you order a stang with IUP now, you cant even get a dora until the hold is lifted?
Old 12/19/04, 12:19 AM
V6 Member

It sounds like Karpro couldn't confirm the order and got the same result as a compatibility error.

Perhaps Karpro could verify.

Quick Reply: Bad News for those of you not scheduled